Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 20, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
This episode really cleared everything up. Togo's disabilities and her meeting Yuuki was all in the plans of Taishi.
Dec 22, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2009
So Tougou really was a hero before losing her memories =/
Now she wants to sacrifice her self to save everyone, she is so kind :(
Dec 22, 2014 11:10 PM
Sep 2011
Legendzerox said:
Nocturnal said:
At this point I'm praying that they don't screw it all up by having Yuuna power up with the power of nakama and suddenly it's miracle time. A bleak ending would be so much more fitting.

As to why the gods decided to up and kill humanity, traditionally divinities are known for being very cruel and often fickle. I'm reminded of the gods in the Epic of Gilgamesh who decided to wipe out mankind in a massive flood (apart from this one guy) because humans were being too loud. Also, Nogi says, even the gods who sided with humanity won't just give their aid with no strings attached.

No. While I don't want a happily ever after ending, nor do I want a bleak ending. I would rather have an ending that leaves things on a good note. After all this suffering, I want an ending that leaves me satisfied, not sad.

Agreed. I can see why people are opposed to a Magical Happy Ever After Button, but a bleak ending would feel just as pointless, and it would be out of tone with the rest of the show. I'm hoping for an ending that's at worst bittersweet.
Dec 23, 2014 1:10 AM
Mar 2012
All the ED variants are nice, this Togo singing is so, alone, like becoming the enemy of all to liberate her friends, neo jesus batman!
Squids in the apocalyptic outer world reminds me of matrix so much. Who would become Neo, Yuna or Togo? It was mentioned Yuna has the highest aptitude, so a power awakening is possible.
Not sure if 'cleansing' meant destroy the tree world, or making the world reborn. I know 2 recent animes with this theme but they have quite a different context.
Dec 23, 2014 11:01 PM
Mar 2013
Nalehw said:
I thought it was more than a town. Fu spoke about other teams, and Karin came from somewhere.

Just for your information.
Taisha told Fu that Fu's team is just one of the other yuusha teams nationwide. But I'm sure it was a lie. The truth was that Taisha had managed to make only five (or possibley six) items in time so far. The four are assigned Fu's team and the fifth one was given to Karin after the their first two buttles. (Possibly Taisha kept the last one for Sonoko.)
htsujiDec 23, 2014 11:58 PM
Dec 24, 2014 1:27 AM

Oct 2009
htsuji said:
Nalehw said:
I thought it was more than a town. Fu spoke about other teams, and Karin came from somewhere.

Just for your information.
Taisha told Fu that Fu's team is just one of the other yuusha teams nationwide. But I'm sure it was a lie. The truth was that Taisha had managed to make only five (or possibley six) items in time so far. The four are assigned Fu's team and the fifth one was given to Karin after the their first two buttles. (Possibly Taisha kept the last one for Sonoko.)

Spoiler from Washio Sumi is a Hero in relation to the current story:
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 26, 2014 6:35 AM
Apr 2014
Man that was one long recap in the beginning.

Anyway. Interesting turn of events. I can see why Togo wants to do that but I really don't know what she hopes to achieve with that. There are basically two outcomes. Either they lose their entire body fighting against that mass of Vertex or they die fighting against the Vertex. Those are the two possibilities unless it happens something totally weird and unexpected.

I really didn't expect this anime to get THAT serious >.> hope it ends well.
Jan 12, 2015 6:51 PM

May 2012
Not bad but I do wonder how they'll end this story with two remaining episodes.
Jan 22, 2015 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
The many mysteries are revealed, making the narrative of this episode really sad and interesting at the same time.
Plot that has been able to manage his cards right, pleasant flashback at the beginning, they make me appreciate more the Characters.
Drawings of reasonable quality.
Feb 21, 2015 7:21 AM

Oct 2008
very very FFF late!
Truth, despair everywhere includes Togo. and wtf 21 faries!?!?

Feb 21, 2015 9:43 PM

Feb 2013
There is so much foreshadowing that nothing really comes as a surprise... but this anime is doing a wonderful job meeting expectations.

It was obvious to me when they blanked out what was said... that their world was the illusion. Tougou is kinda freakin out about it though... good idea, let's just end it all... like that's gonna happen. (at least not yet, and this is magical-girl, love and friendship will save the day)

matias067 said:
very very FFF late!
Truth, despair everywhere includes Togo. and wtf 21 faries!?!?
Yea... I want to see this girl in action! Good subs are worth the wait though (next in 3 weeks if they keep the pace)
BurntJellyFeb 21, 2015 9:46 PM
Mar 17, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2012
True nature of the world, eh? Well, it was interesting, this really surprised me and I didn't think anything can surprise me here.

First part about Tougo-san was good part too. Though it was a little convenient how she found out everything on her own.
Mar 20, 2015 11:20 PM

Sep 2014
So Togo wants to end suffering by ending the whole world. w00t!
Mar 23, 2015 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
Noooo! Tougoooouuu!!! Think about how Yuuna and the others would feel if you were the one sacrificed! So sad... but I guess that ending it all would be one of the only options to end all suffering, which would mean by having all suffering happen at once instead of spread out for eternity. But I really wonder how Taisha, or the other gods, will react to this act.

After watching this anime with headphones at a good volume, I've really come to appreciate the music that they out into this. It's really... gooder (better) than most that you'd hear. I'm not too sure what instruments they're using but it's really nice. If anyone can comment what instruments they are please do.

I swear, every time I watch the opening, they all look like gods. I would worship any day but knowing what they're going through all I can do now is sit back, watch, and hope.

FFF Subs are late, but well worth the ride.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 20, 2015 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
The outside the place is hell? 21 Faeries? What the heck!?
May 18, 2015 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
Tougo solidifying herself as best girl. I mean, we all knew that already since she's got the oppai and dat ass when she snipes.

We learned that Tougo was actually that Wasshi girl and had apparently been friends/fought alongside vegetable girl.

I like Tougo's decision, considering how they're fucked either way. Any big ass vertex they kill will be reborn, and the girls will keep fighting until they bloom and become vegetables too.
It's a vicious cycle...yet at the same time, it's finite, and ultimately a losing battle. The entire world is contained in that 1 tiny town. Heroes are rare. What the fuck is Taisha and the Tree going to do when all of the current heroes cant fight anymore, and no more heroes have been born? Literally zero defense then.

Soo...who's going to pull a Madoka and sacrifice her entire being to wipe out the vertex and possibly restore everyone's losses?
Jun 30, 2015 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
This went from 0 to 100 really quick.
Aug 1, 2015 8:04 AM

May 2015
This show and episode. So well executed.

Aug 17, 2015 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
oh jeebus, so tougou is previously a hero (washio sumi) all along? now I want to see the prequel animated!

amazing episode. man, why is this anime so underrated.
Aug 25, 2015 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
i knew it since she had 3 spirit the first time.
Holy shit 21 fairies o_o wth girl.
Indeed, Togo did the right choice by destroying the wall. At least, if they have to suffer no matter what then it's better if everything cease to exist.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Nov 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2015
I knew that Tougou was a hero.

Damn... from hero to villain in a quick change.

Nov 29, 2015 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Now the real battle begins. Togo-san will do the Divine JUSTICE.
Jan 12, 2016 3:24 AM

Dec 2012
HOLY SHIT! I can't believe this. When Togo walked through the barrier and saw the true world, my reaction was simply...."Wat". No way. Why does the best girl have to go through this? This ain't right.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 18, 2016 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Tougou is still best girl.

Was not expecting the reveal of what the world was really like. I never thought about there being more to it than what we were told before.

Can't wait to see where this series will go with only 2 episodes left. I wonder how Tougou will fight her friends. And I guess her big plan to prevent further suffering by just killing literally everything.

Can't wait to read the light novel spin offs after I finish the series.
Feb 11, 2016 10:48 AM
Feb 2009
holy fck she went through that 20 times go Togo-chan I believe!!
Feb 22, 2016 1:54 AM

Jan 2015
Oh my god, that soundtrack is godly!
The start of this episode was nice and the end was really interesting, this anime is really good.
Apr 19, 2016 7:38 PM
Mar 2016
Woah. That's a lot in one episode...
While it was awesome to finally know the basics behind of all that has happened, I'm still pretty confused...

So basically, the apocalypse happened, so a bunch of gods came together to stitch a tiny piece of reality together so that a tiny amount of people could live on, but in order to do that, the gods needed girls to fight what caused the apocalypse (the vertexes), and also needed sacrifices from them.

That's what I gathered.
But, if it was just a false reality, what's the point in saving it? the worlds dead. I don't understand.

Anyways, I could have this totally wrong. I would appreciate other's input on this.
Jul 4, 2016 8:19 AM
May 2013
Some of things explained were obvious except the whole thing about the world inside the tree .

2 episodes left ... my prediction about the ending I'm pretty sure about it
Jul 7, 2016 4:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
That was a twist, in all its twisted mindfucking way, that you could expect of a great twist!!!

Still, what Mimori is doing it is not right because the Divine Tree is the only thing betwen the last remains of humanity and HELL. We will see how this goes.
Sep 15, 2016 6:05 AM

Mar 2015
Mankai can turn you diabetes? Thats new!! How can Sonoko still alive after 20 Sange? Thats totally crazy!!

This episode is sick, men! The apocalyptic world and hopeless truth. This is getting more darker. I loved all revelation.

This anime is surely Masterpiece!! Hyped to watch Akame ga Kill someday :o

5/5, Im full!!
Apr 3, 2017 3:07 AM

Dec 2016
This time it's Togo's turn to completely lose it.

Though it seems she has some sort of plan.

I'm looking forward to the next episode to see what it is.

Jul 16, 2017 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
Lots of tragic reveals, the situation couldn't be more desperate for our heroes.
Aug 24, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2013
The world outside is true despair. Togo did nothing wrong!
Sep 23, 2017 7:48 AM

Aug 2013
That girl went through Sange 20 times and she is still able to smile. ;-;

I don't blame Tougou for wanting to destroy the world. She and the girls already went through enough hardship and the despair is still continuing.

Feb 19, 2018 12:33 AM
Feb 2018
Through this anime, ive already shed tears & had so much anxiety lol

May 4, 2018 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Oh god, that's worse then what I expected. I had a feeling about how weird it is that we don't hear much about the world outside their city, but this isn't what I imagined it would be :'D

I can understand the Taisha people though... This is a horrible thing to do, but it's for the sake of their small world. It's just such a bad situation no matter how you look at it.

I'm hoping for a happy ending, but I fear that it might be a lame/cliché one :/
Feb 24, 2019 9:00 AM
Mar 2017
The Divine Tree protects!
Mar 3, 2020 1:30 PM

Nov 2019
Togo went full Mami.
Jun 17, 2020 7:26 PM

Sep 2017
So the majority of the world is destroyed and what's left is surrounded by big ass walls (?) with a illusion barrier. Okay... so are all the adults in on this or something? How could just world ever exist without anyone bringing up "oh hey we can't travel anywhere because there is no where else."
Jul 21, 2020 7:57 AM

May 2019
ProofByColor said:
So the majority of the world is destroyed and what's left is surrounded by big ass walls (?) with a illusion barrier. Okay... so are all the adults in on this or something? How could just world ever exist without anyone bringing up "oh hey we can't travel anywhere because there is no where else."

Strong collective BRAINWASHING.

with the blessings of Shinju-sama.

This apocalyptic world is quite depressing. Only little lolis after knew the truth would be more concerned with "I WANT TO BE WITH MY BEST FRIEND FOREVER" than "My life has no meaning here".
May 4, 2021 2:45 PM

Nov 2016
Of course this ain't over yet. If you're lucky you end up like Sonoko still being able to think and speak.

Understandable that Togo lost it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2021 10:57 AM

Jun 2016
It's hell, just hell... Togo has seen the other side and has the intent to end everything now.

That's a shit ton of enemies. Hope the girls will be alright.

Mar 8, 2:56 PM
May 2018
Damn, so Tougou situation is because she was already "used", this just brings more tragedy to the table.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

187 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

58 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 7, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.