Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that's some serious speed for working. Workaholics.

Some of the ideas implemented into the shows were interesting I guess. The voice acting was pretty good imo. The director definitely earned his moment and those flowers though. Good work.
Dec 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2011
When he actually gets going the director does work really hard. Just getting him to actually get going in the first place is... extremely difficult. He'd much rather send the time... say... getting drunk.

So Mii-chan is quitting her job. As, it seems, is half of Musashino Animation.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 11, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2012
I guess the path of life can sometimes change rather abruptly as we find out with several characters this week. As the final episode's airdate draws closer I'm actually more curious about where this series will go in its second half. Hope it's as fun and interesting as the first half has been regardless.
Dec 11, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2010
Honda quitting for sure to follow his dream.

Watching Aoi help on the sound effects was really interesting. Never gave it much thought on how the sounds would be made and the room that makes them.

Mii quitting her job, the resignation letter and the feelings she has for it.

That aura around the director while finishing the storyboard!

Completing the recording and the last episode coming within a month.

When would Aoi find the spark that would make her enjoy her work more.
Dec 11, 2014 9:20 AM
Jan 2014
Misa's definitely making the right move by leaving SMC. I wonder if she's going to cross roads with Miyamori in future projects, if she finds a more suitable company to work for that is.

Shizuka looks more calm while working now. Midori's been hitting those books pretty hard too. Ema got quite emotional after Segawa approved her work.

Honda's taking quite the direction in his future career. The director probably wore him out with Exodus!, more than he expected.

Speaking of the director, he sure loves his after-parties. Honda is probably going to scold him in that cell again. I wouldn't blame him for that though.
Dec 11, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode, nice to see that they followed their dreams.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2014 9:23 AM

Jun 2013
People leaving Musani left and right... even Yano seems to be considering quitting.

It's definitely an admirable choice to pursue what you truly love to do, but that's not always the best choice in reality. I personally wouldn't mind doing what I love and not getting as much money versus doing what I mildly enjoy while having a stable income, but that all becomes a foolish thought once you start considering your retirement, family, etc. It's a really, really hard choice... We'll have to see where each character ends up: If Ochiai reaches the higher ups, if Honda becomes a master baker, and if Mii-chan actually lands another job.

A pretty good episode exploring the dilemma for many employees, with just the right dosage of my favorite girl, Rii-chan (Imai) and introduction to sound effects.
Dec 11, 2014 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
I liked the part about sound effects.

I guess the show will be about Miyamori finding her dream & making an anime with her friends from now on. It keeps getting better.
Dec 11, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode.

I actually agree with 'follow your dream' part even if it isn't the best choice. My brother went through this, and it was too much for him, and he's happy with getting a new job that he loves even the payoff is a little less compared to the previous. I guess everyone has a limit. i sure wouldn't like to get stuck in a job i hate/dislike for more money, unless it's unavoidable.
Dec 11, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Loved this ep.

The part in the sound effects studio was nice.
Director getting into hyper mode to finish the storyboard, Honda telling him he'll quit after that and them having a little sumo match. Misa leaving SMC to follow her dreams as well. Yano might end up quitting too.

I have a feeling that the director will screw something up with the layouts checks.

Dec 11, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
I initially thought that jump-cut near the middle to the recording of the last episode was a time-skip, but it seems that only five days passed.
Dec 11, 2014 11:01 AM

Oct 2012
Good ep, finally they're ending with Exodus!, only 29 days left :).
The sound effects part was good, I liked it.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Dec 11, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
Miyamori is going to have a hard time to get everything ready for the last episode.
And the director wasn't helping with the amount he was drinking, he likes his beer from the looks if it.

The Dragonball reference was funny with the way the director was working in the story board and afterwords that Sumo match in the prison.
Dec 11, 2014 11:37 AM
Jun 2013
I feel like I've seen that exact same cut before: someone drawing with that facial expression shown from a low angle. I thought it might have been Tezuka but I can't find it anything on it.
Dec 11, 2014 11:46 AM

May 2012
Wow. So that is how sound effects are made.. really interesting! And I hope the final episode will be good although I see a possible disaster coming. Too bad a lot of people are quitting now. But anyway, loving this series even more!
Dec 11, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Lol'd so much at Super saiyan Director writing the end XD The sound effects were nice :3

Dat sumo wrestling with Honda was so lol XD

I wonder if Miyamori's encounter with sound effects will affect her choices in the future?
Dec 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
good for her. i dont think anybody in there 20s should be thinking about retirement, at least not having it as a priority. plus, look at it this way, if you're doing what you love, why the rush to retire? you think ghibli's miyazaki wants to retire? hell no.
Dec 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
oh god.... 12 missed calls from Honda..... I really don't like the sound of that. lol, hope I'm just being paranoid
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Dec 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2011
Kurogashi said:
good for her. i dont think anybody in there 20s should be thinking about retirement, at least not having it as a priority. plus, look at it this way, if you're doing what you love, why the rush to retire? you think ghibli's miyazaki wants to retire? hell no.
I'm early 30s and if there was possibility of retirement right now, I would do it :P
even if I like my job.

ok that was interesting... I get why Honda did it and it makes sense in his case. as for Mii-chan maybe also, if she doesn't like one repetitive job than she can find another place to do same things over and over again. at least good old Tarou will continue to work in same place.

on the other side - I would watch that Danzig Corridor series.
Dec 11, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2013
The amount of people quitting their jobs is high.
Well, if one thinks that they won't be happy on their job, and if they have what it takes to follow their dream, then sure, it's the wisest thing to do.

Nice to see how the walking sounds are made.
Dec 11, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2013
Anybody got a starblazers/intrepdid/yamato feeling with that "29 days until last episode airing" quote? Like things are going to get from bad to worse >_<
Dec 11, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2013
The sound effects portion was pretty neat to watch.

Of course they still do that doughnut thing.

Huh, I really didn't expect Misa to quit the company.

That director can be pretty amazing when he wants to be xD

Honda-san is quitting?? Well I'm actually happy for him that he'll be able to become a baker, I just hope the company and that lousy director'll still be able to function properly.

Most of the people in the first meeting discussion looked bored as hell.

Awww the final recording was sweet, and I'm glad everyone could finally relax... until that director had to ruin the moment. Everyone went silent lol
Dec 11, 2014 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
Director is going on a super saiyan mode. He wrote so fast for the final episode of Exodus.

Honda is quitting his job to follow his dream.
Dec 11, 2014 6:55 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Misa quits her job to pursue her dream. Hopefully, her new position will be suiting this time around.

Kantoku went ham on that storyboard! That aura and that sound effect though.. XD

Honda also decides to quit to become a baker. I hope we still see him around just as much as now. He's a fun character.

Decent episode. Miyamori should always think about her dream too, though she barely has any time for it.

Dec 11, 2014 7:06 PM
Jun 2012
A lot happened this episode.

DarkWolfHunter said:

Honda-san is quitting?? Well I'm actually happy for him that he'll be able to become a baker, I just hope the company and that lousy director'll still be able to function properly.

But who will fill his place? They could do like 'Studio Canaan' and recruit externally, but if they want to promote a PA, well, one is already leaving and it was hinted that Erika might too. Aoi was recruited less than a year ago. That leaves Taro.

Wouldn't it be perfect if he got the job?

-Resident- said:
Misa's definitely making the right move by leaving SMC.

It would have been better for her to find a new place first, before quitting. But maybe she felt like she wouldn't have the conviction to do it at any other time.

babymimi said:
I liked the part about sound effects.

And now Aoi's VA career is further along than Shizuka's.

mangamuscle said:
Anybody got a starblazers/intrepdid/yamato feeling with that "29 days until last episode airing" quote? <

'Time left until X' is a well established trope. Nothing to do with a specific show. The world is bigger than the first place you saw something.
Dec 11, 2014 10:00 PM
Nov 2013
So many people quitting, but at least Honda and Mii-chan are following their dreams. I wonder what'll happen to Musani, I hope that means all of Aoi's friends get to get jobs there. Loved the scene with the sound effects, that roar though. I'm also really glad that Exodus' production seems to be finishing up nicely, although I feel like serving really bad is gonna get in the way.

Great episode. Underrated favorite of the season so far.
Dec 11, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, really good episode. Honda x kantoku forever,

hope to see some sick ass doujins for best couple. If I dont puke then its not good enough
Dec 12, 2014 12:12 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode again,
happy to see them keep on track,
hope they will finish before the deadline.
Dec 12, 2014 12:59 AM
Dec 2008
And then Miyamori is left with Tarou the only prod assistant left in which drives her closer to insanity in each passing day. or perhaps a romantic devel-*is shot
Dec 12, 2014 4:03 AM

Nov 2010
Oi chans sound effect recording, Mii chans resignation and the Director on storyboard frenzy mode were great scenes
Dec 12, 2014 5:16 AM

Sep 2014
Gran Turismo and Need for Speed reference

random ass way to showcase sound production briefly

inb4 something bad happens cuz the director drank too much/long
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 12, 2014 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
love that 3dcgi penguin part
Dec 12, 2014 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
The director finally finished! I'm glad Mii is quitting that company but judging from the way the president looked at the penguin toy there is a very slight chance he'll accept something other than cars before the 3 weeks are up.

either way it was entertaining and I'm glad it's a 24 episode anime not 12 or13
Dec 12, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
Good reference to Gran Turismo, Need For Speed and Formula 1 at SMC.

It's always a tough choice for Misa to make, but hopefully she'll land the job suited for her soon. Getting a well paid job might be good at first, but stress, as we've seen with Aoi's older sister a few episodes back, and other factors can really take their toll.

Even if Misa gets a job that isn't as well paid, as long as she fully enjoys it, then it should be worth it.

Also sad to see Honda leaving Musashino. I'm hoping that these departures doesn't de-stabilize the company in the future. =/
Dec 12, 2014 10:55 PM

Jul 2013
LOL the sumo between Honda and kantoku XD

Then the music stopped when everyone realized kantoku shouldn't at the after party.

Honda quitting his job actually carried a deep message that even when you're an adult with a steady job, it's never too late to pursue your dream because truthfully most adults don't know what they really want.
Dec 13, 2014 1:05 AM

Dec 2012
Loved this episode~!
It was very nice to see people following their dreams and the part about sound effects was great
Dec 13, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2011
I like how this anime shows about reaching your goals and pursuing your dreams.
Dec 13, 2014 9:50 AM
Oct 2012
Magito said:

Agreed, it isn't flashy, but it is real: it's about deciding what you want to do with your life and then making the steps and doing the hard work needed to reach that goal.

Like the president of the 3D company, a 50 person company is an enormous responsibility, probably not the course he wanted to take, but he accepts the fact that he has achieved it and feels protective of his employees. Good small business owner. Hoping he helps Mii find a new job, given that she quit under a year she made things harder on herself, but with his help it would be much easier.

The only off this show has is Tarou. I know he is supposed to be comedic relief, but damn he is just a little too close to life of that one person in a company who dumps his responsibility, whines about every little thing, makes everyone else's life harder, but for some reason ends up getting promoted (and subsequently destroying the division he is in. Everyone who has ever worked at a company knows this person, and death is perhaps not an unwarranted fate for them :-)
Dec 13, 2014 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
There is something about the director that just really pisses me off lol
other than that, good episode :)
Dec 13, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2011
[quote=Takuan_Soho]
Magito said:

Agreed, it isn't flashy, but it is real: it's about deciding what you want to do with your life and then making the steps and doing the hard work needed to reach that goal./quote]

It definitely is. Sometimes no matter what other people say they will do whats needed to reach their goal.

Takuan_Soho said:

Like the president of the 3D company, a 50 person company is an enormous responsibility, probably not the course he wanted to take, but he accepts the fact that he has achieved it and feels protective of his employees. Good small business owner.

It was said in last episode. Making CG Cars is what gives his business a stable income and doesn't see making other than cars in the long run so his company won't lose. People who likes cars would be very suitable to work in the company. I feel the president also wants to make other than cars but he has no other choice.

Takuan_Soho said:
Hoping he helps Mii find a new job, given that she quit under a year she made things harder on herself, but with his help it would be much easier.

It would be advisable if she stayed a year there before quitting. Its also the same in our neck of woods that you need at least a year of experience for better job opportunities. And she should have look for other jobs before quitting her current one. But its her choice to pursue her dream, I think she's probably aware of the difficulties ahead but it doesn't stop her to find what she wants. I kinda admire that.

Takuan_Soho said:

The only off this show has is Tarou. I know he is supposed to be comedic relief, but damn he is just a little too close to life of that one person in a company who dumps his responsibility, whines about every little thing, makes everyone else's life harder, but for some reason ends up getting promoted (and subsequently destroying the division he is in. Everyone who has ever worked at a company knows this person, and death is perhaps not an unwarranted fate for them :-)

I have never encountered a coworker like Tarou here. If there is one he'll probably won't last long and get fired. His less as a comedic relief and more of a annoyance for me, but I think that Japanese employers are kinder to be able to tolerate that kinda of guy.

Live is full of tough choices and hardships, that's why I can really, really relate so much on pretty much every character in the series. I would love to see how the main characters slowly make the dream of making their own anime together.
Dec 14, 2014 12:01 AM

Jul 2011
I've wanted to smack Tarou from the start... Why he hasn't been reprimanded is beyond me.

Well anyways, rant aside... I'm really enjoying the series. I hope it ends on a very strong note. :)

(Sorry for crappy grammar, not in the mood to edit. :>)
MirorinDec 14, 2014 12:06 AM
Dec 14, 2014 2:53 AM
Mar 2013
Just for your reference.

I guess this picture at 19:10 of Episode 10 is a reference to the art and teen's library in Musashino Public Library. According to the English leaflet, the facility is a public place named Musashino Place, in Misashino City, Tokyo, which has several different kinds of libraries, studios, a printing shop and others to support people's “lifelong learning”, “civic group activities” and “youth activities” around Musashino City.

Musashino Place:
http://www.musashino.or.jp/var/rev0/0000/2086/musashino_place_e.pdf
http://www.musashino.or.jp/place.html (in Japanese)
The art and teen's library in Musashino Place:
http://www.musashino.or.jp/place/_1168.html (in Japanese)

htsujiDec 16, 2014 1:19 AM
Dec 14, 2014 3:42 AM
Mar 2013
Magito said:
Takuan_Soho said:

I have never encountered a coworker like Tarou here. If there is one he'll probably won't last long and get fired. His less as a comedic relief and more of a annoyance for me, but I think that Japanese employers are kinder to be able to tolerate that kinda of guy.

According to Tsutomu Mizushima, the very director of Shirobako, "Tarou is myself when I was young. I'm terribly sorry!"
Technically, I guess the director projected some actual people's immaturity and irresponsibility onto Taro and supposed it is how himself used to be so as to avoid real people in the anime industry feeling criticized.
This kind of work place story cannot ignore troubles caused by human errors. Taro is the indispensable and idealized fool for this show, who is able to deal with his job to some extent and is stupid enough to introduce troubles among coworkers there. He is, however, never malicious to hurt them on purpose, while most of you (including myself) are not always as innocent as he is.
htsujiDec 14, 2014 3:26 PM
Dec 14, 2014 1:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
It takes a lot of stones to quit a job in order to pursue your dream. Let's see how it goes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
Honestly, I never really put very much thought into what goes on behind the scenes in the sound effects department of an anime. That seems like such an interesting job. Of course, I highly doubt that it would be all fun and games. It makes me wonder what the atmosphere in the sound department must be like when they're on a tight schedule.

I'm not quite sure if quitting was a good idea for Misa or not...at least not initially anyway. I wonder how things are going to turn out for her.
Dec 15, 2014 9:31 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So 3D guy was surprised Miyamori's friend was quitting her job because it's one of the best companies she'd working for. Well even though her job isn't hard, mainly repetitive work, one would eventually lose interest.

Honda going to work as delivering cakes. A bit unexpected.

Dec 16, 2014 12:44 AM

Oct 2011
I wish them the best of luck for them.
Dec 16, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
This anime really makes me want to do work, it's ruining my vacation
Dec 18, 2014 2:49 PM

Jun 2013
Just realized that this is a 24 episode show. It felt like the show was wrapping up.
Dec 19, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
It takes two months to complete an episode.
Learning about sound effects was nice
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.