Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1610
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2432
Kamipriest said:

You need a hug or something?


Am I permitted to this hug as well?

 
Dec 12, 2014 10:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
ZeroDragon said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:


You mean a show can't be judged in a way that conflicts with the hype crowd and the "right" opinion. When this show first started and it was being hailed as the best ever all I saw was encouragement for judging it right away and a push to try to jack up the ratings as high as possible as quickly as possible. People are only mad cause now you have some people saying they're disappointed and don't like it which is not allowed when its Fate. Nobody would be complaining if everyone was just praising the shit out of it and going lol 10/10 best show ever much as they'd likely be getting all smug and saying "oh so you finally realized it" or some equivalent statement.

Why the fanatics care so much anyway is beyond me, like aren't those all just filthy secondary opinions or however the delightful fan base puts it.


Agreed. This show was excessively overhyped by people who absolutely loved the VN when it first started. Those fans should have kept their excitement in check and they believed that because they had already read the source material that it was their right to judge the show immediately as if they actually had an idea of what the adaptation was going to be like, as if they pretty much knew what they could look forward to. They shouldn't have acted so obnoxious after finally being able to watch something that they've waited so long to see animated.

It's amusing to see how angry they become when someone doesn't like the show. It's ridiculous how people are being harassed by others here just for going through the effort to express negatively provocative opinions in a place filled with devoted fans. You're also correct that none of the fans here would be complaining if everyone was blindly praising this show. It's not like there are actually any fans here who have expressed various criticisms of the adaptation and even finding it odd that it was as highly ranked as it was at this point.

But yes, why do the fans even care so much about the hate anyway? It'd definitely be much more productive if they spent their time caring about how defensive fans are.

Rating for this anime thus far: 1/5


It never ceases to amaze me how people can take something so straightforward and make it seem like the most extreme opinion ever. I don't know what it is with the Fate fanbase and it's general attitude but man talk about entitled and immature. Like do people expect to be taken particularly seriously when they consistently act like this.

Kamipriest said:

I have to seriously wonder why YOU care so much, pretty sure you post on these threads more than I do.


It's a matter of principle and trying to pick this fanbases brain to see if they understand even remotely the concept of humility and basic human decency. So far I've yet to see more than passing evidence that supports this possibility outside of that RinArcher fellow that sadly does not post here nearly often enough. That's like the one guy that seems to see things rationally rather than as an angry fanboy that wants everything their way right now and should anyone disagree than they need a hug or to be ridiculed for not recognizing the utter glory of some visual novel from 2004.

The whole talking around people and only with other angry fans thing also reminds me a lot of what the Key fanbase did as well for equally and massively hyped up greatest things ever back in 2008. Maybe it's a just VN thing in general I don't know. I mean it's not like I don't like the show or anything but talk about some next level choice behavior over it from most of MAL.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 10:41 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
ZeroDragon said:
Kamipriest said:

You need a hug or something?


Am I permitted to this hug as well?

Took me awhile to realise that was his leg pushing up that vermillion fabric, and he was not, in fact, happy to see me.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
@Kaioshin

Do "you" really expect us to take you seriously when you keep referring to us as "the fate fanbase"?

There's like 10 of us.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
ZeroDragon said:
Kamipriest said:

You need a hug or something?


Am I permitted to this hug as well?



Of course

Kaioshin_Sama said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people can take something so straightforward and make it seem like the most extreme opinion ever. I don't know what it is with the Fate fanbase and it's general attitude but man talk about entitled and immature. Like do people expect to be taken particularly seriously when they consistently act like this.


Kaioshin_Sama said:
This thread kind of exemplifies why the whole Fate thing is kind of nauseating to me at least when it comes to the fanbase which is a shame cause the shows are fairly decent stuff for Visual Novel adaptation fare which I'm so very much not normally into. You wouldn't know it was supposed to be enjoyable or interesting though talking to the fanbase.


Thanks for going out of your way to insult an entire fanbase. Especially when you probably haven't even talked to 5% of them.


I seriously have to wonder why you care so much, talk about needing so much attention.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
@Kamipriest: It's called making a point.

@Otherpriestguyabovepreviousone: I don't particularly care what you think cause I know you're just going to reach whatever conclusion it is you need to reach and act the way you people always do about anything that isn't a parroting of your opinions. That's the real joke here at the end of the day lol
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2432
Kaoishin_Sama said:

but man talk about entitled.


Of course I am entitled, for entitlement is a sign of one's ego, and the world revolves around those who possess the largest of them all. It lends credence to my birthright that is this world and every treasure that exists upon it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2529
First few episodes were kind of dull for me, but starting with the Caster stuff i'm starting to enjoy it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
ZeroDragon said:
Kaoishin_Sama said:

but man talk about entitled.


Of course I am entitled, for entitlement is a sign of one's ego, and the world revolves around those who possess the largest of them all. It lends credence to my birthright that is this world and every treasure that exists upon it.


Gilgamesh role-playing I take it?
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It's a matter of principle and trying to pick this fanbases brain to see if they understand even remotely the concept of humility and basic human decency. So far I've yet to see more than passing evidence that supports this possibility outside of that RinArcher fellow that sadly does not post here nearly often enough. That's like the one guy that seems to see things rationally rather than as an angry fanboy that wants everything their way right now and should anyone disagree than they need a hug or to be ridiculed for not recognizing the utter glory of some visual novel from 2004.


Except in the human decency department, you fail on all counts. You are the one who blatantly went after me and my opinions not the other way around. I don't need to be decent to someone who hasn't shown me respect once. I haven't even mentioned the visual novel once anyway, so your failing at that also. Not one of the posts you mentioned were about it, so I don't see how you are trying to connect me to the fanbase. Don't get me wrong I am a fan, but not one time has it been mentioned in those posts. Most of the things I go against are people who fail to elaborate on their opinions, or people who state their opinions as if they were facts.

So don't come at me trying to say "fanboy" this, or "fanbase" that.

You are not making a point, you are making an assumption and a bad one at that.


@Otherpriestguyabovepreviousone: I don't particularly care what you think cause I know you're just going to reach whatever conclusion it is you need to reach and act the way you people always do about anything that isn't a parroting of your opinions. That's the real joke here at the end of the day lol


You obviously do care though, don't know who you are trying to kid.
Modified by KamiCity, Dec 12, 2014 10:52 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2432


What is it that you desire by continually returning to a place that you find so insufferable? Your conclusions and judgements have already been made, yet you return here as if to be the sane one among mad men.
 
Dec 12, 2014 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
Kamipriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It's a matter of principle and trying to pick this fanbases brain to see if they understand even remotely the concept of humility and basic human decency. So far I've yet to see more than passing evidence that supports this possibility outside of that RinArcher fellow that sadly does not post here nearly often enough. That's like the one guy that seems to see things rationally rather than as an angry fanboy that wants everything their way right now and should anyone disagree than they need a hug or to be ridiculed for not recognizing the utter glory of some visual novel from 2004.


Except in the human decency department, you fail on all counts. I don't need to be decent to someone who hasn't shown me respect once. I haven't even mentioned the visual novel once anyway, so your failing at that also. Not one of the posts you mentioned were about it, so I don't see how you are trying to connect me to the fanbase. Don't get me wrong I am a fan, but not one time has it been mentioned in those posts. Most of the things I go against are people who fail to elaborate on their opinions, or people who state their opinions as if they were facts.

So don't come at me trying to say "fanboy" this, or "fanbase" that.

You are not making a point, you are making an assumption.


So basically you stand against trying to bully ones position across, not listening to others, stating opinions as fact....or is that essentially pretty much anything the whole priest gimmick crowd does pretty much all the time in general? Respect also needs to actually be earned, something that only one person on any of these threads has actually managed to accomplish. The rest just act like these entitled arrogant condescending fanboys that need to keep the filthy secondaries in check and make sure people give the right opinions (as in only praise) and the right scores to the show and god forbid anyone tries to reach their own conclusion that means they're just being a hater and trolling the show and therefore need to be talked around or ridiculed for it.

Am I wrong in this assessment of the whole priest crowd cause if I am help me to understand how this is not essentially what this sort does in-between having members only club discussions about the canon which by the way I'm 100% totally okay with. I mean it's one thing to be passionate about something and show that and anyone that is against that sort of thing really is being a hater, but it's a whole other thing entirely to take it to the next level and try to police opinions on what is essentially just a TV show and expect everyone to be totally 100% cool with that and think that it's a great thing to be celebrated. I mean granted this IS MAL, but still you can't expect that to slide all the time, hence why I try to draw some attention to what is going on here and make the occasional post in these threads regarding it. I don't necessarily hate fans, but I'm not super huge on entitled bullying across of opinions and people that feel that it's justified because they know x or y about some visual novel series....just doesn't sit well with me.

Kamipriest said:

You obviously do care though, don't know who you are trying to kid.


Read again. I made the point that I don't particularly care what you think about me or the content of my character because I'm well aware that the priests are going to reach the conclusions they want to reach for the sake of convenience and self-justification. See I'm not an idiot, I'm aware that in your eyes it's all set in stone. Fate and the non-filthy secondary fanbase are infallible and you priests truly believe me to be the out and out bad guy that's coming here to hate on your show (even though I already said I find Fate interesting even if I refuse to join in the fanaticism surrounding it) and your fun and that's how it's always going to be seen and likewise you see me as a joke and I see the whole priest group as kind of a joke albeit with a dangerous edge since they come at people in waves whenever they voice the wrong opinion in threads and it tends to get really ugly really fast as a result.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 11:05 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2432
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I mean granted this IS MAL, but still you can't expect that to slide all the time, hence why I try to draw some attention to what is going on here and make the occasional post in these threads regarding it. I don't necessarily hate fans, but I'm not super huge on entitled bullying across of opinions and people that feel that it's justified because they know x or y about some visual novel series....just doesn't sit well with me.


Ah, so you fancy yourself a hero of justice, one whose ideals have blinded him to his own actions and that of reality, so much that you would venture into places filled with rabid fans and attempt to administer your version of the ideal world.

I find you quite entertaining.

 
Dec 12, 2014 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Kamipriest said:


Except in the human decency department, you fail on all counts. I don't need to be decent to someone who hasn't shown me respect once. I haven't even mentioned the visual novel once anyway, so your failing at that also. Not one of the posts you mentioned were about it, so I don't see how you are trying to connect me to the fanbase. Don't get me wrong I am a fan, but not one time has it been mentioned in those posts. Most of the things I go against are people who fail to elaborate on their opinions, or people who state their opinions as if they were facts.

So don't come at me trying to say "fanboy" this, or "fanbase" that.

You are not making a point, you are making an assumption.


So basically you stand against trying to bully ones position across, not listening to others, stating opinions as fact....or is that essentially pretty much anything the whole priest gimmick crowd does pretty much all the time in general? Respect also needs to actually be earned, something that only one person on any of these threads has actually managed to accomplish. The rest just act like these entitled arrogant condescending fanboys that need to keep the filthy secondaries in check and make sure people give the right opinions (as in only praise) and the right scores to the show and god forbid anyone tries to reach their own conclusion that means they're just being a hater and trolling the show and therefore need to be talked around or ridiculed for it.

Am I wrong in this assessment of the whole priest crowd cause if I am help me to understand how this is not essentially what this sort does in-between having members only club discussions about the canon which by the way I'm 100% totally okay with. I mean it's one thing to be passionate about something and show that and anyone that is against that sort of thing really is being a hater, but it's a whole other thing entirely to take it to the next level and try to police opinions on what is essentially just a TV show and expect everyone to be totally 100% cool with that and think that it's a great thing to be celebrated. I mean granted this IS MAL, but still you can't expect that to slide all the time, hence why I try to draw some attention to what is going on here and make the occasional post in these threads regarding it. I don't necessarily hate fans, but I'm not super huge on entitled bullying across of opinions and people that feel that it's justified because they know x or y about some visual novel series....just doesn't sit well with me.


Yea respect needs to be earned, you attacked me without provocation and then acted like I was the one who was being indecent towards you. Which I wasn't, you just lumped me in to some supposed "members only" club.
I changed my name to priest like a week ago, before 3 or 4 weeks ago I rarely came to the forums other than the occasional visit to the Aldnoah ones last season. So to me I have no idea what you are talking about.
Therefore you ARE wrong in your assessment since I rarely ever mention the VN and I am allowed in this supposed "members only" club without needing to mention it.

Not once have I called anyone a secondary, that I could recall. I don't even think I knew what the word meant till like 2 days ago.

The very post you quoted stated that people shouldn't be so quick to judge a show until it's conclusion. Since shows like S:G picked up in the second cour and people who dropped it in the first half came back to it and realized how good it was.

I haven't ridiculed anyone who didn't blatantly attack me first, Like YOU did, and I don't think asking you if you need a hug is really that insulting. Not compared to your post anyway.

The posts you brought attention to could just as well be viewed as me bringing attention to them for, like I said before, failing to elaborate and/or stating their opinions as fact.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
ZeroDragon said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I mean granted this IS MAL, but still you can't expect that to slide all the time, hence why I try to draw some attention to what is going on here and make the occasional post in these threads regarding it. I don't necessarily hate fans, but I'm not super huge on entitled bullying across of opinions and people that feel that it's justified because they know x or y about some visual novel series....just doesn't sit well with me.


Ah, so you fancy yourself a hero of justice, one whose ideals have blinded him to his own actions and that of reality, so much that you would venture into places filled with rabid fans and attempt to administer your version of the ideal world.

I find you quite entertaining.



Based on our riveting and productive interactions over the last hour or so I feel like I should recommend a show to you. I think this would be right up your alley as it tends to flatter the role player in all of us.

Kamipriest said:

Yea respect needs to be earned, you attacked me without provocation and then acted like I was the one who was being indecent towards you. Which I wasn't, you just lumped me in to some supposed "members only" club.
I changed my name to priest like a week ago, before 3 or 4 weeks ago I rarely came to the forums other than the occasional visit to the Aldnoah ones last season. So to me I have no idea what you are talking about.
Therefore you ARE wrong in your assessment since I rarely ever mention the VN and I am allowed in this supposed "members only" club without needing to mention it.

Not once have I called anyone a secondary, that I could recall. I don't even think I knew what the word meant till like 2 days ago.


To that all I can say is if you really do have the open mind you claim to and really are just an unaware new user to do a little digging and checking up on the sort of behavior all the so-called priests have been engaged in over the course of the last 3-4 months. The whole suffix has pretty much come to be associated with bullying behavior and an outrageous sense of entitlement to basically act in an obnoxious and condescending manner towards new fans deemed as secondaries whilst sharing a laugh among themselves. This is what I refer to when I say next level fanboyism.

The very post you quoted stated that people shouldn't be so quick to judge a show until it's conclusion. Since shows like S:G picked up in the second cour and people who dropped it in the first half came back to it and realized how good it was.


I wouldn't know, I just watched the whole thing through and quite enjoyed it though it's far from one of my favorite series of all time like it is for so many MALers. I rated 8/10 same as I did Fate/Zero and the prologue for this series? Curious is this acceptable or am I committing some sort of sin in your assessment sort of assessment of those franchises?

I haven't ridiculed anyone who didn't blatantly attack me first, Like YOU did, and I don't think asking you if you need a hug is really that insulting. Not compared to your post anyway.

The posts you brought attention to could just as well be viewed as me bringing attention to them for, like I said before, failing to elaborate and/or stating their opinions as fact.


See the thing about priests and the general behavior of said group. And no I still don't need a hug, only for people to actually listen to what I say which you seem to have taken the time to bother doing at least rather than coming back with some fanatical diatribe so for that much I legitimately do thank you. You're doing better than most of the priests already in my eyes when it comes to earning a degree of respect simply by behaving rationally and I actually do mean that.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 11:20 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2432
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Based on our riveting and productive interactions over the last hour or so I feel like I should recommend a show to you. I think this would be right up your alley as it tends to flatter the role player in all of us.


I thank you for the suggestion. I'll return to observing you and look forward to seeing more idealistic self-righteousness and hypocrisy as you attempt to correct the wrongs of the internet.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5525
Fanboys are people who do not admit any flaws in a show even when they are adequately explained and argued for.

Are the priests fanboys? Well to answer this, you have to ask if they would admit if there's a flaw in the show.

But they do bully people who disagree. Is that because they don't want to admit there's a flaw, or is it because the people pointing out the flaw haven't adequately argued for it?

Keep in mind we're dealing with one group (priests) that have read the VN and know a lot of the Type-Moon universe, and another group that may only having a passing knowledge of FSN.

Even if the person complaining does know a lot of the Fate universe, the argument may be poorly argued for or may have a sufficient explanation elsewhere that the person hasn't bothered trying to find out. So if you were a CG and had to deal with scores of ignorant complaints, would you not get more condescending as time went on?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5525
Let's not pretend the priests are completely innocent in all this, people.

In 99% of internet debates, everyone loses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
mickdrew_99 said:
Fanboys are people who do not admit any flaws in a show even when they are adequately explained and argued for.

Are the priests fanboys? Well to answer this, you have to ask if they would admit if there's a flaw in the show.

But they do bully people who disagree. Is that because they don't want to admit there's a flaw, or is it because the people pointing out the flaw haven't adequately argued for it?

Keep in mind we're dealing with one group (priests) that have read the VN and know a lot of the Type-Moon universe, and another group that may only having a passing knowledge of FSN.

Even if the person complaining does know a lot of the Fate universe, the argument may be poorly argued for or may have a sufficient explanation elsewhere that the person hasn't bothered trying to find out. So if you were a CG and had to deal with scores of ignorant complaints, would you not get more condescending as time went on?


There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that those people absolutely see the show as flawless and they are more than welcome to argue it as such and see it that way within the boundaries of their own opinion and reasoning, it's when they try to harass and ridicule other people for not reaching that exact conclusion that one crosses the line from simply being a devotee or fanboy (not all fanboys have to be bad) to what I call the next level behavior.

Some people don't see the show that way though, some people see it as an interesting romp with some neat characters and respectable character development and management of themes by VN adaptation standards that currently runs an 8/10 sort of score. Does that mean they hate it and are being ignorant for not exactly parroting the priests idealized perfection based assessment of the franchise? I sure as hell don't think so. To me if there's no room for anything other than 100% fanaticism and unconditional adoration of something as the absolute ideal than I think that showcases an astonishing level of intolerance and IMO a degree of ignorance of another kind as to how the real world and entertainment works.

As for the people that make the so-called ignorant comments about a franchise, has it ever occurred to the priests that just maybe those people are simply casually watching the show and don't particularly care about going all hardcore fanatical over it and would rather choose a different path towards appreciation or interest in said show? I mean by the priests standards my 8/10 casual watching/interest in this franchise and finding things out as I go like they did at one point when first reading the VN is some form of hatred for it and form of sin and to me that comes across as pretty laughable since it's not the case at all whatsoever.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 11:28 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5525
Kaioshin_Sama said:

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that those people absolutely see the show as flawless

We'll have to disagree on that one. CP is a prime example of a fan finding flaws he can't overlook in the show. He loves the VN, but has been on a tangent over things he's worried might not be corrected.
Kaioshin_Sama said:
they are more than welcome to argue it as such and see it that way within the boundaries of their own opinion and reasoning, it's when they try to harass and ridicule other people for not reaching that exact conclusion that one crosses the line from simply being a devotee or fanboy (not all fanboys have to be bad) to what I call the next level behavior.


Again, if you were a huge fan of a show, and saw the same tired, poorly argued complaints, you would get impatient as well and might even treat the person too harshly.

That's not to excuse any cases where someone has been harassed, obviously that shouldn't be accepted - but this is the internet after all. It comes with the territory.
Modified by Mickdrew, Dec 12, 2014 11:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Kamipriest said:

Yea respect needs to be earned, you attacked me without provocation and then acted like I was the one who was being indecent towards you. Which I wasn't, you just lumped me in to some supposed "members only" club.
I changed my name to priest like a week ago, before 3 or 4 weeks ago I rarely came to the forums other than the occasional visit to the Aldnoah ones last season. So to me I have no idea what you are talking about.
Therefore you ARE wrong in your assessment since I rarely ever mention the VN and I am allowed in this supposed "members only" club without needing to mention it.

Not once have I called anyone a secondary, that I could recall. I don't even think I knew what the word meant till like 2 days ago.


To that all I can say is if you really do have the open mind you claim to and really are just an unaware new user to do a little digging and checking up on the sort of behavior all the so-called priests have been engaged in over the course of the last 3-4 months. The whole suffix has pretty much come to be associated with bullying behavior and an outrageous sense of entitlement to basically act in an obnoxious and condescending manner towards new fans deemed as secondaries whilst sharing a laugh among themselves. This is what I refer to when I say next level fanboyism.


Maybe they have, I wouldn't know. There are a few who act like there opinions are the only ones that matter, just like there are some to who have negative comments against the show that act like that also, yet I tend to clash with some of the priests as much as I do against anyone else.

The very post you quoted stated that people shouldn't be so quick to judge a show until it's conclusion. Since shows like S:G picked up in the second cour and people who dropped it in the first half came back to it and realized how good it was.


I wouldn't know, I just watched the whole thing through and quite enjoyed it though it's far from one of my favorite series of all time like it is for so many MALers. I rated 8/10 same as I did Fate/Zero and the prologue for this series? Curious is this acceptable or am I committing some sort of sin in your assessment sort of assessment of those franchises?


Why would you be? If that's your opinion on them that's your opinion. I don't like number ratings on pieces of entertainment, either I like it or I don't. So if I like a show i'll give it a 10/10 and if I dislike a show I just won't bother rating it at all. I think people would say my way of rating shows is a bigger sin than giving something a 8/10 or 2/10 ect.

I haven't ridiculed anyone who didn't blatantly attack me first, Like YOU did, and I don't think asking you if you need a hug is really that insulting. Not compared to your post anyway.

The posts you brought attention to could just as well be viewed as me bringing attention to them for, like I said before, failing to elaborate and/or stating their opinions as fact.


See the thing about priests and the general behavior of said group. And no I still don't need a hug, only for people to actually listen to what I say which you seem to have taken the time to bother doing at least rather than coming back with some fanatical diatribe so for that much I legitimately do thank you. You're doing better than most of the priests already in my eyes when it comes to earning a degree of respect simply by behaving rationally and I actually do mean that.
[/quote] Well then it looks like everything is settled now and we're cool right?
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
mickdrew_99 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that those people absolutely see the show as flawless

We'll have to disagree on that one. CP is a prime example of a fan finding flaws he can't overlook in the show. He loves the VN, but has been on a tangent over things he's worried might not be corrected.
Kaioshin_Sama said:
they are more than welcome to argue it as such and see it that way within the boundaries of their own opinion and reasoning, it's when they try to harass and ridicule other people for not reaching that exact conclusion that one crosses the line from simply being a devotee or fanboy (not all fanboys have to be bad) to what I call the next level behavior.


Again, if you were a fan of a huge fan of a show, and saw the same tired, poorly argued complaints, you would get impatient as well and might even treat the person too harshly.

That's not to excuse any cases where someone has been harassed, obviously that shouldn't be accepted - but this is the internet after all. It comes with the territory.


Fair enough I suppose, but I'm not sure that all parties involved in the harassment feel that way or are able to self-recognize how over bearing they might come across to others that are just casually watching the show. To me a lot of it looks very preemptive as will which is kind of ironic in a way since the priest name people now get upset when people are preemptive towards someone with that username and think "Oh boy a priest, here comes the fanaticism and that self-important entitled posturing over a VN adaptation again". Not to justify it, but that's what reputation will get you sometimes even if it's not entirely fair and conclusions are being jumped to some of the time.

And yes this is the internet, but when it gets to the point it did earlier on during the season I don't think it's something that can just be entirely hand waved away as just something that happens like a lot of MALers try to. There's a reason that this sub forum has it's own rules in place now after all.

Kamipriest said:

Why would you be? If that's your opinion on them that's your opinion. I don't like number ratings on pieces of entertainment, either I like it or I don't. So if I like a show i'll give it a 10/10 and if I dislike a show I just won't bother rating it at all. I think people would say my way of rating shows is a bigger sin than giving something a 8/10 or 2/10 ect.


Well that's a good thing and good enough for me, you're clearly one of the rational ones then. I'll try to commit the username Kamipriest to memory as not part of the whole harassment crowd then. And yes we are cool, thanks for having the decency listen to what I have to say and respond in kind.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 11:36 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:38 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well that's a good thing and good enough for me, you're clearly one of the rational ones then. I'll try to commit the username Kamipriest to memory as not part of the whole harassment crowd then. And yes we are cool, thanks for having the decency listen to what I have to say and respond in kind.


Sounds good to me.


Now on a new note, new episode coming in a few hours probably going to spend my time reading a new VN while I wait. Is Rewrite any good?
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
Kamipriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Well that's a good thing and good enough for me, you're clearly one of the rational ones then. I'll try to commit the username Kamipriest to memory as not part of the whole harassment crowd then. And yes we are cool, thanks for having the decency listen to what I have to say and respond in kind.


Sounds good to me.


Now on a new note, new episode coming in a few hours probably going to spend my time reading a new VN while I wait. Is Rewrite any good?


I have no idea. VN's are not my area of expertise whatsoever and I could say I personally didn't get much of anything out of the KEY anime adaptations I saw but how does that help you right? I could talk all day about mecha anime but you'd have to ask someone else their opinion for the whole VN thing since I don't have the necessary insight having basically played the Phoenix Wright games and that's about it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5525
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Fair enough I suppose, but I'm not sure that all parties involved in the harassment feel that way or are able to self-recognize how over bearing they might come across to others that are just casually watching the show. To me a lot of it looks very preemptive as will which is kind of ironic in a way since the priest name people now get upset when people are preemptive towards someone with that username and think "Oh boy a priest, here comes the fanaticism and that self-important entitled posturing over a VN adaptation again". Not to justify it, but that's what reputation will get you sometimes even if it's not entirely fair and conclusions are being jumped to some of the time.

And yes this is the internet, but when it gets to the point it did earlier on during the season I don't think it's something that can just be entirely hand waved away as just something that happens like a lot of MALers try to. There's a reason that this sub forum has it's own rules in place now after all.


In my experience, people on this subforum will treat your arguments against FSN with respect as long as it's clear that you show the anime itself a measure of respect.

I've made arguments that a lot of priests really disagreed with, but as long as you make yourself look reasonable, they will consider your points - even if it's one that they've heard before. I could say "All the priests are fanboys" and not get harassed as long as I explain clearly why I think so and make it sound like a reasonable position.

They only freak out at people who go out of their way to make their criticisms look unreasonable. There's a difference between saying

"People deny that Shirou is a gary stu, but when you look at x, y, and z, does it not suggest he is?"

and

"Shirou is annoying as hell and has plot armor up the ass"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Kamipriest said:


Sounds good to me.


Now on a new note, new episode coming in a few hours probably going to spend my time reading a new VN while I wait. Is Rewrite any good?


I have no idea. VN's are not my area of expertise whatsoever. I could talk all day about mecha anime but you'd have to ask someone else their opinion for that sort of thing

Oh I was asking everyone in general... I tried to space it out since I didn't want to make a separate post but I guess it didn't work lol.
I don't know much about mecha shows, most i've seen have been the ones people tend to dislike. Valverave, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah lol.
I remember I used to love Gundam Wing, but I was so young back then that I don't remember much about it.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
Kamipriest said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:


I have no idea. VN's are not my area of expertise whatsoever. I could talk all day about mecha anime but you'd have to ask someone else their opinion for that sort of thing

Oh I was asking everyone in general... I tried to space it out since I didn't want to make a separate post but I guess it didn't work lol.
I don't know much about mecha shows, most i've seen have been the ones people tend to dislike. Valverave, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah lol.
I remember I used to love Gundam Wing, but I was so young back then that I don't remember much about it.


To throw in my random two cents: I adore Gundam Wing, but a lot of that is based off nostalgia. From a neutral standpoint, it is quite a bit worse than I remember as a kid.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
mickdrew_99 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Fair enough I suppose, but I'm not sure that all parties involved in the harassment feel that way or are able to self-recognize how over bearing they might come across to others that are just casually watching the show. To me a lot of it looks very preemptive as will which is kind of ironic in a way since the priest name people now get upset when people are preemptive towards someone with that username and think "Oh boy a priest, here comes the fanaticism and that self-important entitled posturing over a VN adaptation again". Not to justify it, but that's what reputation will get you sometimes even if it's not entirely fair and conclusions are being jumped to some of the time.

And yes this is the internet, but when it gets to the point it did earlier on during the season I don't think it's something that can just be entirely hand waved away as just something that happens like a lot of MALers try to. There's a reason that this sub forum has it's own rules in place now after all.


In my experience, people on this subforum will treat your arguments against FSN with respect as long as it's clear that you show the anime itself a measure of respect.

I've made arguments that a lot of priests really disagreed with, but as long as you make yourself look reasonable, they will consider your points - even if it's one that they've heard before. I could say "All the priests are fanboys" and not get harassed as long as I explain clearly why I think so and make it sound like a reasonable position.

They only freak out at people who go out of their way to make their criticisms look unreasonable. There's a difference between saying

"People deny that Shirou is a gary stu, but when you look at x, y, and z, does it not suggest he is?"

and

"Shirou is annoying as hell and has plot armor up the ass"


My biggest gripe is against people who say, "this show was never any good." and just stop at that, or the people who say, "this show sucks because it has highschoolers." Which I understand those are opinions but they don't put any reasoning behind them.
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
mickdrew_99 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Fair enough I suppose, but I'm not sure that all parties involved in the harassment feel that way or are able to self-recognize how over bearing they might come across to others that are just casually watching the show. To me a lot of it looks very preemptive as will which is kind of ironic in a way since the priest name people now get upset when people are preemptive towards someone with that username and think "Oh boy a priest, here comes the fanaticism and that self-important entitled posturing over a VN adaptation again". Not to justify it, but that's what reputation will get you sometimes even if it's not entirely fair and conclusions are being jumped to some of the time.

And yes this is the internet, but when it gets to the point it did earlier on during the season I don't think it's something that can just be entirely hand waved away as just something that happens like a lot of MALers try to. There's a reason that this sub forum has it's own rules in place now after all.


In my experience, people on this subforum will treat your arguments against FSN with respect as long as it's clear that you show the anime itself a measure of respect.

I've made arguments that a lot of priests really disagreed with, but as long as you make yourself look reasonable, they will consider your points - even if it's one that they've heard before. I could say "All the priests are fanboys" and not get harassed as long as I explain clearly why I think so and make it sound like a reasonable position.

They only freak out at people who go out of their way to make their criticisms look unreasonable. There's a difference between saying

"People deny that Shirou is a gary stu, but when you look at x, y, and z, does it not suggest he is?"

and

"Shirou is annoying as hell and has plot armor up the ass"


Don't be mistaken, I have no particular desire to curry favor with those people, I'm just legitimately curious as to how self-aware they are of how badly they come across to some. Must have had a different experience too since that has not been mine with them.

As for Shirou, I'm not sure I understand what some peoples problem is with him other than the whole not instantly bad ass and cool thing. I mean we're obviously looking at a character that has to start learning the ropes of this conflict from the ground up and we're supposed to learn rules and situations as he does like a lot of traditional protagonists one follows from a sort of first person perspective. I figure he'll come to have his own sort of destiny and eventually play a bigger role as the story goes on when you consider the foreshadowing that points towards that so I would think a simple matter of patience and taking things as they go ought to be in order. I mean not everything has to be about constant hype moments all the time....at least for me that is.

Kamipriest said:

Oh I was asking everyone in general... I tried to space it out since I didn't want to make a separate post but I guess it didn't work lol.
I don't know much about mecha shows, most i've seen have been the ones people tend to dislike. Valverave, Guilty Crown, Aldnoah lol.
I remember I used to love Gundam Wing, but I was so young back then that I don't remember much about it.


See that always strikes me as unfortunate and kind of common place as people get a really bad impression of the genre from only watching the really massively hyped up recent ones that Aniplex puts out while promising greatness and revolutionary content of late that are just...kind of not good by any standard of storytelling nor even close to representative of the genre at it's best even though they try to bill it as such. Those shows mostly rely on empty hype and shocker moments to keep the audiences interest but lack anything approaching a point or strong narrative with compelling let alone even particularly realized characters.

If you're ever curious to check out that genre and see it at what at least I think is it's best shoot me a line one time on my wall with some criteria you are looking for and I'll see what I can recommend.

And yes I saw Gundam Wing as a kid and it kind of helped to jump start my love affair with that genre. Another story for another time but I think what I see of Gundam in Fate (the actual Gundam I mean not what people think it is) is why I managed to take a more active interest in the Fate franchise in the first place.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 11:59 PM
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
Kamipriest said:
Now on a new note, new episode coming in a few hours probably going to spend my time reading a new VN while I wait. Is Rewrite any good?

If you don't mind inconsistencies between the route, sure. That's what happen when there are 3 writer for different route.

I would suggest you go from Kotori's route because her route establish things.
It's the most boring route, though. Kinda like Fate route except it only tell you there is "something".
 
Dec 12, 2014 11:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 5525
Kaioshin_Sama said:

As for Shirou, I'm not sure I understand what some peoples problem is with him other than the whole not instantly bad ass and cool thing. I mean we're obviously looking at a character that has to start learning the ropes of this conflict from the ground up and we're supposed to learn rules and situations as he does like a lot of traditional protagonists one follows from a sort of first person perspective. I figure he'll come to have his own sort of destiny and eventually play a bigger role as the story goes on when you consider the foreshadowing that points towards that so I would think a simple matter of patience and taking things as they go ought to be in order. I mean not everything has to be about constant hype moments all the time....at least for me that is.


A lot of the hate for Shirou either comes from people who watch the 2006 FSN (which was a poor adaptation and made Shirou look horrible) or are fans of Fate/Zero and think he's too immature compared to Kiritsugu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Dec 13, 2014 12:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
mickdrew_99 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

As for Shirou, I'm not sure I understand what some peoples problem is with him other than the whole not instantly bad ass and cool thing. I mean we're obviously looking at a character that has to start learning the ropes of this conflict from the ground up and we're supposed to learn rules and situations as he does like a lot of traditional protagonists one follows from a sort of first person perspective. I figure he'll come to have his own sort of destiny and eventually play a bigger role as the story goes on when you consider the foreshadowing that points towards that so I would think a simple matter of patience and taking things as they go ought to be in order. I mean not everything has to be about constant hype moments all the time....at least for me that is.


A lot of the hate for Shirou either comes from people who watch the 2006 FSN (which was a poor adaptation and made Shirou look horrible) or are fans of Fate/Zero and think he's too immature compared to Kiritsugu.


This might just be me but I already find Shirou more interesting as a character than I did Kiritsugu even at this point. There's something just less stiff, awkward and monotone about him and like he has more room to grow than Kiritsugu who if I recall correctly barely even talked for much of the first half of the show.

That said the Kiritsugu we get in the flashbacks of this show strikes me as almost an entirely different character than the stiff, sullen and monotone one I recall from Fate/Zero.
 
Dec 13, 2014 12:06 AM
Kanade♥

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 9798
Thread Locked
Topic has devolved from the original purpose of the thread starters question, and into a Chat thread, spam posting, spoiler haven, and other stuff~
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]