Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Dec 11, 2014 2:57 PM

mickdrew_99 said:
Grey-Zone said:

Yes and your room will have great features! The wall of it will be padded and nice people with white coats will sometimes come to check on you, while whispering "with this medicine you will stay even longer, hohohoho!". Sadly due to a cut of budget, the door will only be openable from the outside, but that is just a small minus, compared to all the positive things, right?

They have special pills that make Saber appear and play with you.

Only in moderate numbers though. But if you plan on reaching the Golden Land, you will have to take many, many more of them, like 20 at once multiple times. Beatrice, the Golden Witch, is awaiting you.

Dec 12, 2014 2:04 AM

Honestly it will only get really good in the last half of the second cour.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Dec 12, 2014 9:37 AM
It's been good since episode 0, but whether or not it lives up to the hype is debatable of course, but that's not what a show is about. Nonetheless, it should start getting even better around the end of episode 10 or the beginning of episode 11.

Dec 12, 2014 9:38 AM

Nothing good ever comes out of hype.

Dec 12, 2014 9:41 AM

I was about to mention that as an example, but I didn't want to derail. Fancy dat.

It all comes down to your definition of good.

Dec 12, 2014 9:41 AM

RinArcher said:
fst said:
Nothing good ever comes out of hype.

Where were you when Shingeki No Kyojin discussion boards?

I love it when hype happens, because more stuff is happening on the internetz because of it.

And comparatively, things that aren't hyped and I liked, don't get talked about very often :(
i watched AoT because of the hype and i was pleased

this isn't living up to the hype as of NOW

Dec 12, 2014 10:13 AM

AOT was awful and perfect example of mindless show with mindless hype. People wanted explosions and mecha stuff, people got it.

FSN is mindful show with mindless hype. People want explosions and instead are getting character development.

Dec 12, 2014 10:16 AM

If people are not invested in FSN now, they won't suddenly be invested later. I know people say the show gets better in the second cour, which is very much true. But it's not like the second cour will suddenly flip a switch and turn all viewers into lovers. One of the reasons why the climax of UBW is so good is because the buildup is very good. If someone doesn't think so (which is fine, not everybody likes the same things), then there is no guarantee or likelihood that the person will enjoy the second cour that much more.

Dec 12, 2014 10:18 AM

CookingPriest said:
AOT was awful and perfect example of mindless show with mindless hype. People wanted explosions and mecha stuff, people got it.

FSN is mindful show with mindless hype. People want explosions and instead are getting character development.
lmfao at ur bias

Dec 12, 2014 10:22 AM

CookingPriest said:

I don't think we watched the same AOT.

CookingPriest said:

Says the one who complains about lack of monologues.

Dec 12, 2014 10:37 AM

fst said:
CookingPriest said:

CookingPriest said:

AOT is pretty much some guy taking Tsutomu Nihei's ideas and trying to make a fanfic out of it...then giving up and deciding to turn it into a mecha(yes thats what titans are). ITs a pseudo mecha show that ties to pretend being smart, yet has completely derivative world that lacks any sort of coherence.
I read the manga way before anime was even anounced and first chapters were decent. Then it got into pretend-mecha style with
and it became generic action mecha story.

Just because I complain about monologues does not mean this show does not have depth or does ont build up anything. There's a lot of stuff I DO NOT complain about in ufoFSN . You know why? Because they are fucking great~

Dec 12, 2014 10:42 AM

fst said:
CookingPriest said:

CookingPriest said:

characters turning into titans and "piloting them is essentially "mecha stuff". AoT i found to be enjoyable...but i wouldnt really call it amazing....just my personal tastes. For me AoT is not really different from Gantz both anime are just the first section of a much bigger source material that has yet to hit screen. i can't really make big comparisons between AoT and F/SN because they are not only two completely different genre's but AoT is not even close to really finish telling it's story....

Dec 12, 2014 10:44 AM

The problem with AoT is the one trick pony mc
i mean every time he transforms to beat other titans!

Dec 12, 2014 10:44 AM

RinArcher said:

Let us stop the derails here though, I feel we are moving a bit too far off-topic.

>TM-Thread
>Stop derail

Dec 12, 2014 10:49 AM

fyi before ppl start calling me a hater

i actually loved the shit out of ufotable's KnK series so when coming into fate stay night and looking at the hype i was expecting something amazing

honestly ppl can't be saying as of now fate stay night is the best anime evurrrururr

but ill wait

Dec 12, 2014 10:51 AM

I felt pretty nice after I dropped it.

No hate.

Dec 12, 2014 10:52 AM

Moodie said:

i actually loved the shit out of ufotable's KnK series so when coming into fate stay night and looking at the hype i was expecting something amazing

honestly ppl can't be saying as of now fate stay night is the best anime evurrrururr

but ill wait

Don't worry, the rank is dropping. 8.80 baby. Soon I'll be able to change my list rating for the show from 1/10 to what I actually think of it.

Shrimperor said:
RinArcher said:

Let us stop the derails here though, I feel we are moving a bit too far off-topic.

>TM-Thread
>Stop derail

Saw it coming a mile away. Well ok more like 1 post away but close enough.

Dec 12, 2014 11:55 AM

Moodie said:

but ill wait

Did you marathon KnK

Because the equivalent of 9 episodes in Knk would only leave you confused, I don't think it's until the end of movie 4 were things start coming together and movie 5 being considered the best.

I don't think anyone can call any series that hasn't ended "the best anime evurrrururr." It doesn't work that way, you have to wait until the product is finished to judge. They can argue that it's the best looking one so far, or that the animation is amazing ect, but that's about it.

Spurt said:

No hate.

What's the point of this post?

Dec 12, 2014 12:14 PM

man...people really need to take these MAL ratings with a block of salt......

Dec 12, 2014 12:15 PM

Maloghurst said:

That's exactly why I rate anything I like as a 10, and I just don't bother rating anything I dislike...... Ratings don't mean anything. It's either I liked it or I didn't like it.

Dec 12, 2014 12:18 PM

Kamipriest said:
Maloghurst said:

That's exactly why I rate anything I like as a 10, and I just don't bother rating anything I dislike...... Ratings don't mean anything. It's either I liked it or I didn't like it.
i think there is a hentai about a dude banging his daughter that is highly rated on this site.....

Dec 12, 2014 12:23 PM

Maloghurst said:
Kamipriest said:

i think there is a hentai about a dude banging his daughter that is highly rated on this site.....
Oni Chichi?

Dec 12, 2014 1:02 PM

HentaiPriest said:
Maloghurst said:
Oni Chichi?
yea that's the one

Dec 12, 2014 1:58 PM

Kamipriest said:
Spurt said:

No hate.

To encourage people to drop shows they don't like.

Dropping shows is nice.

Dec 12, 2014 1:59 PM

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) was never good

Dec 12, 2014 2:00 PM

lllllllll said:
Thanks for your 2 cents. Maybe answer the question next time instead of just imposing your own view. There are other threads for that.

Dec 12, 2014 2:07 PM

lllllllll said:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 12, 2014 2:18 PM

Spurt said:
Kamipriest said:

Dropping shows is nice.

A show can't be judged until it's completion though, I mean imagine everyone who dropped S:G during the first half. Bet they regretted it later when it all wrapped up.
So suggesting waiting for a show to be finished and marathoning it would be better advice than telling people to drop shows.

lllllllll said:

Oh sorry... I failed to get the memo where you were allowed to decide what is good and what isn't.

Dec 12, 2014 2:35 PM

Kamipriest said:
Spurt said:

Dropping shows is nice.

A show can't be judged until it's completion though, I mean imagine everyone who dropped S:G during the first half. Bet they regretted it later when it all wrapped up.
So suggesting waiting for a show to be finished and marathoning it would be better advice than telling people to drop shows.
I didn't drop Steins;Gate and I regret it.

Dec 12, 2014 2:52 PM

RinArcher said:
Don't hate on Spurt guys, he's a pretty cool dude if you know him from the forums.
No one did tho...?

Dec 12, 2014 2:53 PM

RinArcher said:
Don't hate on Spurt guys, he's a pretty cool dude if you know him from the forums.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Came to the wrong 'hood.

Dec 12, 2014 2:56 PM

Nah Spurt is right. If you didn't like S;G's first half you should most likely drop it, because you should have been enjoying it already in order to appreciate the second half, and even if that's not the case, then the anime should still be heavily penalized in your score for being so bad for such a long period of time that you contemplated dropping it. I don't think shows should be excused for having boring/bad segments just because they pick up later on; I think there are ways you can still make a narrative entertaining while doing much needed buildup.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL

Dec 12, 2014 2:58 PM

fst said:
RinArcher said:

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Came to the wrong 'hood.

I eat soccer moms for a living.

Dec 12, 2014 3:01 PM

Spurt said:
fst said:

Came to the wrong 'hood.

I eat soccer moms for a living.

I think you need an Illya avatar lol

Dec 12, 2014 3:16 PM

Kamipriest said:
Spurt said:

Dropping shows is nice.

S:G was awesome from ep1 until the end tough

Kamipriest said:

I think you need an Illya avatar lol

While you are talking about avatars, i can't change mine :(
tried changing it multipe times, but the old one stays, even after it says avi changed successfully.
And i so want to use that Rider Illya avi i found somewhere on the internet.

Dec 12, 2014 3:21 PM

Shrimperor said:

I agree, but you know how the internets can be.

While you are talking about avatars, i can't change mine :(
tried changing it multipe times, but the old one stays, even after it says avi changed successfully.
And i so want to use that Rider Illya avi i found somewhere on the internet.

I've heard Mal has problems with that sometimes, have you tried converting the picture into a different format?

Dec 12, 2014 3:22 PM

MAL is borked, it will update in a month or two or so they say

Basically the format you use saves in the server and that is only updated every few months.
Change the format to another (gif, jpg, png).
If you ued up all three, just upload randomly and then gotta wait a month till updates

Dec 12, 2014 3:27 PM

Dec 12, 2014 5:20 PM

CookingPriest said:

From what I hear, AoT is moving away from action and has focused more on the humanity aspect in recent chapters of the manga. It never struck me as a dumb franchise.
MiniSiets said:
Nah Spurt is right. If you didn't like S;G's first half you should most likely drop it, because you should have been enjoying it already in order to appreciate the second half, and even if that's not the case, then the anime should still be heavily penalized in your score for being so bad for such a long period of time that you contemplated dropping it. I don't think shows should be excused for having boring/bad segments just because they pick up later on; I think there are ways you can still make a narrative entertaining while doing much needed buildup.

Exactly. Nobody should complain about a slow start as long as it's building something meaningful, which is exactly what you get in Steins;Gate. The first part of the show sets the mood, which only makes what comes after even more of a mindfuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Well, since the derailling hasn't stopped...

mickdrew_99 said:
CookingPriest said:

From what I hear, AoT is moving away from action and has focused more on the humanity aspect in recent chapters of the manga. It never struck me as a dumb franchise.

Sort of. Not really though. It's trying to do political intrigue, but it just boils down to people getting their kneecaps blown off. I wouldn't call it completely mindless, but it's not like, Death Note level.

Dec 12, 2014 6:38 PM

Shrimperor said:
Kamipriest said:

While it's undeniable that the first half of S;G was essential, it was also very slow-paced. On the one hand, there's a lot of seemingly random stuff going on, which is probably what makes it feel slow. On the other hand, these scenes are crucial for character development and the pacing gets progressively better until shit hits the fan. There were always some really cool bits of sci-fi and mystery at the end of each episode too.

Dec 12, 2014 6:44 PM

FlameseeK said:
Shrimperor said:

While it's undeniable that the first half of S;G was essential, it was also very slow-paced. On the one hand, there's a lot of seemingly random stuff going on, which is probably what makes it feel slow. On the other hand, these scenes are crucial for character development and the pacing gets progressively better until shit hits the fan. There were always some really cool bits of sci-fi and mystery at the end of each episode too.

Not really. First half is great.

It is the second half that is merely "necessary" but all that action plot twisty scifi junk would have no effect without brilliant build up and exploration of characters in first half.

Dec 12, 2014 7:20 PM

CookingPriest said:
FlameseeK said:

Not really. First half is great.

It is the second half that is merely "necessary" but all that action plot twisty scifi junk would have no effect without brilliant build up and exploration of characters in first half.

I feel like you always intentionally ignore my comments on the pace lol. Look Fai, whether you think the first half is good/great/masterpiece doesn't make the pace faster.

If you don't like the drama/sci-fi/thriller portion of the story as much as the first half, that's fine. What's odd is that you talk like everyone should agree with you, when the climax of the story is clearly in the second half.

The fact that someone likes the plot twists and tension better than the build up doesn't mean this person isn't emotionally invested or dislikes the characters. And to be honest, you don't have to like every single character in the show to enjoy it either. I recommended S;G to a friend who actually liked the story, yet hated Mayuri with a passion.

Dec 12, 2014 7:52 PM

Kamipriest said:
Spurt said:

Dropping shows is nice.

lllllllll said:

Oh sorry... I failed to get the memo where you were allowed to decide what is good and what isn't.

You mean a show can't be judged in a way that conflicts with the hype crowd and the "right" opinion. When this show first started and it was being hailed as the best ever all I saw was encouragement for judging it right away and a push to try to jack up the ratings as high as possible as quickly as possible. People are only mad cause now you have some people saying they're disappointed and don't like it which is not allowed when its Fate. Nobody would be complaining if everyone was just praising the shit out of it and going lol 10/10 best show ever much as they'd likely be getting all smug and saying "oh so you finally realized it" or some equivalent statement.

Why the fanatics care so much anyway is beyond me, like aren't those all just filthy secondary opinions or however the delightful fan base puts it.
Modified by PeacingOut, Dec 12, 2014 7:57 PM

Dec 12, 2014 8:03 PM

^ yeah that's about right.

Too bad everyone can't be right like that 10/10 guy.

Dec 12, 2014 8:07 PM

Saying F/SN isn't 10/10 is like saying you don't like boobs. That's just wrong. Everybody likes boobs. Even straight girls like boobs. Therefore F/SN is Sick Rack/10.

Dec 12, 2014 8:09 PM

toyall123 said:
If people are not invested in FSN now, they won't suddenly be invested later. I know people say the show gets better in the second cour, which is very much true. But it's not like the second cour will suddenly flip a switch and turn all viewers into lovers. One of the reasons why the climax of UBW is so good is because the buildup is very good. If someone doesn't think so (which is fine, not everybody likes the same things), then there is no guarantee or likelihood that the person will enjoy the second cour that much more.

This is probably the most realistic opinion to be found. I'm less than certain that everyone will immediately fall on their knee's in second half but I (personally) do find UBW (or Fate/Stay Night in general) to be a masterpiece in hindsight.

Each to their own an all that, nobody who hates Shirou with a passion is going to like him because he puts on his big boy pants in the second half.

Dec 12, 2014 8:38 PM

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Kamipriest said:

You mean a show can't be judged in a way that conflicts with the hype crowd and the "right" opinion. When this show first started and it was being hailed as the best ever all I saw was encouragement for judging it right away and a push to try to jack up the ratings as high as possible as quickly as possible. People are only mad cause now you have some people saying they're disappointed and don't like it which is not allowed when its Fate. Nobody would be complaining if everyone was just praising the shit out of it and going lol 10/10 best show ever much as they'd likely be getting all smug and saying "oh so you finally realized it" or some equivalent statement.

Why the fanatics care so much anyway is beyond me, like aren't those all just filthy secondary opinions or however the delightful fan base puts it.

Agreed. This show was excessively overhyped by people who absolutely loved the VN when it first started. Those fans should have kept their excitement in check and they believed that because they had already read the source material that it was their right to judge the show immediately as if they actually had an idea of what the adaptation was going to be like, as if they pretty much knew what they could look forward to. They shouldn't have acted so obnoxious after finally being able to watch something that they've waited so long to see animated.

It's amusing to see how angry they become when someone doesn't like the show. It's ridiculous how people are being harassed by others here just for going through the effort to express negatively provocative opinions in a place filled with devoted fans. You're also correct that none of the fans here would be complaining if everyone was blindly praising this show. It's not like there are actually any fans here who have expressed various criticisms of the adaptation and even finding it odd that it was as highly ranked as it was at this point.

But yes, why do the fans even care so much about the hate anyway? It'd definitely be much more productive if they spent their time caring about how defensive fans are.

Rating for this anime thus far: 1/5

Dec 12, 2014 9:52 PM

Grey-Zone said:
mickdrew_99 said:

They have special pills that make Saber appear and play with you.

Only in moderate numbers though. But if you plan on reaching the Golden Land, you will have to take many, many more of them, like 20 at once multiple times. Beatrice, the Golden Witch, is awaiting you.

Beatrice-chan~

FlameseeK said:
Saying F/SN isn't 10/10 is like saying you don't like boobs. That's just wrong. Everybody likes boobs. Even straight girls like boobs. Therefore F/SN is Sick Rack/10.

Got a point. Solid argument.
The sun is a deadly laser

Dec 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Kamipriest said:

You need a hug or something?

I have to seriously wonder why YOU care so much, pretty sure you post on these threads more than I do.
Modified by KamiCity, Dec 12, 2014 10:33 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »