Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Dec 10, 2014 9:20 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been watching anime frequently again after a break of about five years and would like to ask you if you'd recommend Fate/zero to one who finds Fate/stay night to be a subpar anime.

What I disliked about Fate/stay night (both the anime and the VN) was:

- The insufferable self-referencing: describing the world of of FSN in words by the protagonists (literally fell asleep reading the VN during many of these). I realise this is something of a Nasu staple, and understanding that Fate/zero was written by the UROBUTCHER I wonder if this was carried over to the light novel adaptation (just for the heck of it, I felt this was a major weakness in the Kara no Kyoukai movies too).

- The absurd lines, among them the famous "people die when they are killed" and other things repeated ceaselessly.

Other than that, the quality of the show and all Type-moon adaptions after have been of the highest quality, so I'm eager to get up to date again.

Thank ya'll!

Dec 10, 2014 9:49 AM
in the middle of fate/zero myself having watched stay night already and to be honest, so far, its been roughly on par, however, from the recommendations i have seen and from what iv read in general the series gets better and better so in my opinion you should give it a go

Dec 10, 2014 9:50 AM

fate zero is very mature (i gave fsn an avarage 7 while fz was for me a 9-10... its very mature)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man

Dec 10, 2014 10:18 AM

None are really my thing but Zero was better.

Dec 10, 2014 11:31 AM

Fate/Zero is much better imo

Dec 10, 2014 11:34 AM

So you've read the VN but you criticize the "people die when they are killed" line when you've seen the line in context?

Very interesting.

Dec 10, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 10, 2014 11:35 AM

No.
Fate/Zero is inferior to FSN(since its a complementary bonus material)
And all that mattered was till written by Nasu and not Butcher.

nocorras said:
So you've read the VN but you criticize the "people die when they are killed" line when you've seen the line in context?

Very interesting.

Yeah, that raises flag to me as well, considering that line is far more in depth in the VN and makes perfect sense.

Dec 10, 2014 11:37 AM

Smooki said:
fate zero is very mature (i gave fsn an avarage 7 while fz was for me a 9-10... its very mature)

MINDLESS GORE KILLING SERIAL KILLER COOL BLACK COAT SMOKING GUN USER.

Yes so damn mature. Or rather full of men with the mind of children.

And again people comparing that which they associate the most with F/Z (i.e. the final few episodes and the best moments from everything else) with less than 50% (the weaker half) of F/sn UBW.

Not to mention the bait potential in this. Inb4 priests.

EDIT: Priest'd

Dec 10, 2014 11:39 AM

Probably, although both are pretty heavy so if the dialogue put you to sleep I doubt you'd last much longer in F/z

Dec 10, 2014 11:43 AM

madeener said:
- The absurd lines, among them the famous "people die when they are killed" and other things repeated ceaselessly.

If you say such a thing, it shows you are either not perceptive enough or not mature enough to read F/sn. It is also possible that you didn't read the VN at all, because a VN reader would have to be immensly stupid or be an acton-fag, or be someone who would never try to guess the answer in a detective novel because "thinking is too bothersome".

Also such statements are equal to insulting Japanse culture. Just saying...
Modified by Grey-Zone, Dec 10, 2014 11:46 AM

Dec 10, 2014 11:49 AM

I can't remember where the 'people die when they're killed' line fits into the VN. I might have skipped it while pressing the Auto button and flying through the text. I also stopped about half way through Saber's arc, so I can't really say I 'read' FSN either :P If someone would enlighten me on what I've missed, that'd be great.

My thread was brought here from the recommendations forum. I was looking for a more general opinion, but mostly what I want to know is if the FSN self-reference rambling is notably more absent in FZ.

EDIT: Just read post above: Ouchies ^_^ Clearly I've said something not appropriate here. The woods are dark and dense
Modified by madeener, Dec 10, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 10, 2014 11:51 AM

To be honest, I fell asleep on one of the episodes of UBW

F/Z made me hype to see the next one.

Prolly its the pacing problems.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dec 10, 2014 11:52 AM

DenjaX said:

Go watch episodes 1-9 of Fate/Zero and tell me that. All I see is F/Z bias by comparing the 2nd half to this shows first half.

F/0 had better characters and its mainly about winning the grail war unlike f/sn which only about that dense shirou.

^Yeah sorry, some us are a little weary of bait threads so they may come of as antagonistic.

Fate route wasn't bad but it was pretty weak compared to the next two routes. Although it does sound like loaded dialogue isn't really your thing.

Dec 10, 2014 11:53 AM

madeener said:
I can't remember where the 'people die when they're killed' line fits into the VN. I might have skipped it while pressing the Auto button and flying through the text. I also stopped about half way through Saber's arc, so I can't really say I 'read' FSN either :P If someone would enlighten me on what I've missed, that'd be great.

My thread was brought here from the recommendations forum. I was looking for a more general opinion, but mostly what I want to know is if the FSN self-reference rambling is notably more absent in FZ.

EDIT: Just read post above: Ouchies ^_^ Clearly I've said something not appropriate here. The woods are dark and dense

Well considering the "People die when they're killed" line is in like the last 2 days of the Fate route you didn't get to it.

Fate is probably the hardest for a lot of people to get through, you have to build knowledge in order to understand the world.

Dec 10, 2014 11:53 AM

nocorras said:
DenjaX said:

Go watch episodes 1-9 of Fate/Zero and tell me that. All I see is F/Z bias by comparing the 2nd half to this shows first half.
Dude. Don't be so mad. It is just my experience. Of course I am expecting UBW will pick up soon.

And I followed F/Z weekly and I don't recall falling asleep.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dec 10, 2014 11:55 AM

CookingPriest said:

nocorras said:

Very interesting.

Yeah, that raises flag to me as well, considering that line is far more in depth in the VN and makes perfect sense.
Only that?

Your Priest senses are down.

Dec 10, 2014 11:56 AM

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

Dude. Don't be so mad. It is just my experience. Of course I am expecting UBW will pick up soon.

That's why I'm telling you it's bias. You don't recall because you're remembering the 2nd half. Go skim episodes 1-9 of F/Z. It is as slow or slower than this show.

Dec 10, 2014 11:56 AM

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

He has a point. The anime hasn't "picked up" yet so to speak. I remember not being able to concentrate during the early few episode of Darker than Black and later on being glued onto Hei's magnificence.

Reacting way too abruptly to any criticisms; not everyone's looking for an argument.

Dec 10, 2014 11:57 AM

madeener said:

And people have problems with us, Priests?
Z4k said:
F/0 had better characters and its mainly about winning the grail war unlike f/sn which only about that dense shirou.
Oh you are so wrong.

Dec 10, 2014 11:58 AM

OMG FSN UBW is a shitty childish hentai harem animu for horny teens. Fate Zero on the other hand is a deep philosphical anime for mature adults.

Am I doing it right?

Dec 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Raziel1991 said:
OMG FSN UBW is a shitty childish hentai harem animu for horny teens. Fate Zero on the other hand is a deep philosphical anime for mature adults.

Am I doing it right?

I think you just about covered everything.

Dec 10, 2014 11:59 AM

nocorras said:
DenjaX said:

That's why I'm telling you it's bias. You don't recall because you're remembering the 2nd half. Go skim episodes 1-9 of F/Z. It is as slow or slower than this show.

Its slower. In FSN at least there's a reason for most of character decisions to retreat or to not do something. ANd there's a lot more focus at building up characters(even if they did not add monologues)

Dec 10, 2014 11:59 AM

They are essentially the same show, both have long ass boring dialogues, pretty good action scenes and stale characters.
yuh yuh yuh

Dec 10, 2014 12:00 PM

nocorras said:
DenjaX said:

Wow. This guy. Okay so you can see my memories?

There was one episode on 2nd cour that i find boring, i think it was the kiritsugu past.

Dec 10, 2014 12:02 PM

nocorras said:
Raziel1991 said:

Am I doing it right?

Why are you trivializing Denja's remarks. He hasn't said anything nearly as volatile as that.

Dec 10, 2014 12:02 PM

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

There was one episode on 2nd cour that i find boring, i think it was the kiritsugu past.

Thanks for confirming my point once again.

Dec 10, 2014 12:03 PM

SwordHand said:
nocorras said:

Why are you trivializing Denja's remarks. He hasn't said anything nearly as volatile as that.

I'm not? It's a joke.

Dec 10, 2014 12:04 PM

Any show that allows the public to behold my beautiful face is worth watching.

Dec 10, 2014 12:04 PM

madeener said:

You see, that changes about EVERYthing. If you say "I read the VN, didn't like it", then people will usually assume that you read the whole VN, but now you say you ended it at the half of the first half of the 1st of 3 routes., which amounts to about 1/6th of the whole VN, i.e. about 16.5% of the whole VN.

So you never even reached "the people die if they are killed" scene in the first route, because that happens near the end of the first route. Since you never actually read the scene (at least not in context) I take my previous statement from above back.

Yes, without a doubt the first route ("Fate route") is generally seen as the least exciting one out of the VN, because it functions as an introduction into the Fate/ universe.

F/Z is made with the assumption that the reader/viewer has already read through the whole of F/sn by the way and was a collaborative effort between Nasu and Urobuchi.

Dec 10, 2014 12:05 PM

nocorras said:
Next time, tell me what I feel about UBW when the show is over. You are giving the fanbase a bad name.

Dec 10, 2014 12:07 PM

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:
Next time, tell me what I feel about UBW when the show is over. You are giving the fanbase a bad name.

All I asked was for you to compare F/Z episodes 1-9 to FSN 1-9 and your answer was "I can't recall". All I'm saying is you should go skin the first 9 episodes of F/Zero and compare the two. You won't find much difference.

Dec 10, 2014 12:08 PM

FSN>F/Z easily.

Just because the MC smokes and kills people doesn't makes it better.

CookingPriest said:
nocorras said:

Its slower. In FSN at least there's a reason for most of character decisions to retreat or to not do something. ANd there's a lot more focus at building up characters(even if they did not add monologues)
Both are the same.
DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

FSn has more development in the story and chars and more fights than FZ did in the first cour.Clearly more boring...

Both are shit IMO.

F/SN = Sword Art Online tier dual wielding self insertion harem

F/Z = Deadman Shitland tier pseudo darkness edgy shit
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

nocorras said:
DenjaX said:

All I asked was for you to compare F/Z episodes 1-9 to FSN 1-9 and your answer was "I can't recall". All I'm saying is you should go skin the first 9 episodes of F/Zero and compare the two. You won't find much difference.
I said I can't recall that I fell asleep. Not that I don't recall the episodes. I am not senile for god's sake.

Dec 10, 2014 12:09 PM

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

I said I can't recall that I fell asleep. Not that I don't recall the episodes. I am not senile for god's sake.

Since you will never go back and watch I'll give you an outline of each.

Dec 10, 2014 12:11 PM

nocorras said:
DenjaX said:

No need for that. I clearly remember the anime. It wasn't too long ago. Kthx

Praland said:
FSN>F/Z easily.

yes it does
yuh yuh yuh

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

No need for that. I clearly remember the anime. It wasn't too long ago. Kthx

Yep, figured you'd back out like this.

Dec 10, 2014 12:13 PM

nocorras said:
Yep. And I know you will never accept my sentiments of the show.

Dec 10, 2014 12:14 PM

Emnay said:
Praland said:
FSN>F/Z easily.

yes it does

Oh you

Dec 10, 2014 12:14 PM

DenjaX said:
nocorras said:

I would if you compared first half of F/Z to FSN. Which you obviously refuse to acknowledge. Considering you wouldn't even read the spoiler which takes 20 seconds.

I've watched Fate/Zero 3 times and still had to go back and skim to get the outline. But if you clearly remember I guess I'll believe you.

Dec 10, 2014 12:15 PM

BloodRequiem said:
Both are shit IMO.

F/SN = Sword Art Online tier dual wielding self insertion harem

F/Z = Deadman Shitland tier pseudo darkness edgy shit

Wow, you got shit taste then, because you use an avatar of a shit series. Nah, honestly, this one was a blunder, BR.

Dec 10, 2014 12:15 PM

Well this is going about as well as expected. Although the thread poses a weird question, but I guess it depends on what part of UBW you didn't like.

Dec 10, 2014 12:17 PM

nocorras said:
DenjaX said:

I would if you compared first half of F/Z to FSN. Which you obviously refuse to acknowledge. Considering you wouldn't even read the spoiler which takes 20 seconds.
lol I don't want to rewatch again. I rewatched F/Z 1st cour 1 time compared to 2nd cour to be exact. As for UBW i rewatched ep 0-3 3 times.

All I was saying that I fell asleep on one of the episodes in UBW. And you immediately enraged with that fact...

Dec 10, 2014 12:17 PM

jeez, you guys still aren't tired of bullying users who don't like f/sn? okaaaay

Dec 10, 2014 12:18 PM

Fate Zero is clearly the better show. From pacing, to characters, to sound, to fights and epicness. So far FSN is too slow in the plot, the dialogue is awkward, sound is solid, fights are crap and nowhere near as epic as FZ.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »