Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 9, 2015 8:20 PM

Feb 2014
Could have been better with an extra episode or two to draw it out.
Feb 22, 2015 3:33 AM
May 2012
Still as impressive as it was as last season, everything was well planned out, especially the mystery behind the Chaikas. Well, not everything was not explained though. Still got some questions like why did Vivi became a white haired girl and Emperor Gaz's daughter.

Nevertheless, very satisfying ending great story and characters, and every bgms and soundtrack fit the story very well.

10/10
Feb 22, 2015 7:45 PM

Mar 2013
i think it's a bit compressed.. events happen to fast.
anyway, if this is how they wrap it up, then for me it's still acceptable.

Feb 25, 2015 10:24 PM

Nov 2009
Overall a good and entertaining series, but the rushed climax and not actually showing how Chaika is doing(you can't count that 30 second scene) really do hurt the ending. Can't even compete with Scrapped Princess.
Mar 1, 2015 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
The ending wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Overall I liked the first season better, this was 7/10 for me.

I'm glad I watched this series, it turned out to be much more enjoyable than I originally anticipated.
Mar 25, 2015 10:42 AM

Feb 2015
One of the best adventure-action anime i saw. I really liked and laughed when Akari showed her huge prologue :))) I wish they'd make it into a larger series..
Apr 29, 2015 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
This was my favorite:

"I have personality", says Niva.

*ends up as an object locked away in a basement*

It was enjoyable overall, but it's sad how much the time constraints placed on this adaptation killed its potential.
Apr 30, 2015 11:29 PM

Jan 2014
lol... it's like a Harem ending... he even get to have the Red Chaika to live with him...
lucky bastard...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 17, 2015 12:31 AM

Feb 2015
6/10 for ss1 and 6/10 for ss2
May 17, 2015 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
I had to laugh at the way Gaz died. Niva just suddenly decides at the most convenient moment that she'd rather be used by Chaika, and he just stands there and takes the hit. Why not move? Shouldn't he know the power of his own Gundo? Or his own shields? We don't even get to see the shock at his own defeat, he's just blown into infinity and that's that. So anticlimactic. There was potential for a whole other arc there, but I guess the author really wanted to wrap it up.
Jun 8, 2015 5:56 PM

Sep 2010
Wait WHAT!?

... everything up to this episode was great. The beginning of this one wasn't that bad either. I was waiting for the whole Season for Toru to become Dragon Cavalier (it was spoiled at the end of the first season).

Then fight with Shin... well it shown that Toru become overpowered, so I can live through not seeing Shin's Iron blood transformation. Ah I so wanted Toru vs Shin in Iron Blood Transfromation Mode, it would have been so epic, still Dragon Cavalier OP so I get why it ended so fast.

Then the Emperor fight... well Toru got pretty owned and everything was quite reasonable because the Emperor was really broken. If it all took to be OP Dragon Cavalier then the Dragon Cavalier wouldn't need seven other people to help out.

Still Toru flies out of the castle and then !?WHAT?! Ze what?!

Emperor's weapon suddenly believes in the power of friendship and changes the sides (just to get locked in museum in weapon form afterwards). Still while that was complete bullshit, we have Gaz being oneshooted despite being so overpower broken. That didn't make any sense,

"Oh, I am so overpowered I will block it ... oh I am dead!" - doesn't seem like thinking of superior Emperor who came up with long run resurrection plan.

But anyway it was a good serie. Would give 8/10 but because of that last ep it's not longer possible.

Then the last bullshit. Because Chaika was so intelligent to waste all her ammunition even though it did nothing, in her last shot she decided to do the memory reset, just so we feel bad for her. Well I kind of do, seeing what the author did to her even though it was completely stupid. (I never cared much about her though so whatever)

Still, I really enjoyed everything up to this point but then (about when Shin vs Toru fight starts) everything goes !WHAT!

I don't know if they were rushing it or it is anime only ending but common!
Jul 19, 2015 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
Well of course thats how it ends....

Toru had to become a dragon cavalier at the very last second (which i thought was an option they were gunna throw out at this point)

But Toru shouldve seen the stats were so not in his favor!!
a Level-capped Lvl 99 Dragoon Knight has nothing against MAX LVL 9999 Wizard Emporer
aint no "Caste Shell" gunna protect you from that shiz

so the ONLY possible way to kill a bastard like that is to Freakin' One-ShitCritikalHit-PowerOfFriendship Blast his ass with his own wand!!

... i still wish they let Niva stay in her human form... she was so nice! And she learned how to FEELZ!!
Sep 3, 2015 4:07 PM

Jan 2013
Great ending,hope there will be more seasons.
Will give this anime 8/10 because i loved the first season and this one is pretty good too.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 8, 2015 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, that was a really rushed ending. I mean, i'm glad we got a conclusive ending, but still. I was actually pretty ok with Chaika shoting the Emperor down like that though. That is one way to give him a funeral. I would have liked to have seen more of the post war-world and see what really happens with everyone.

Come on, Yen Press. Please bring these light novels over. I would buy all of them.
Sep 24, 2015 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
So Gaz died? just like that? Man, he was OP as fuck! We hear stories about how terrifyingly strong this dude was since episode 1 and now he got resurrected in one episode only to die an episode after? WHAT? And it's not even proven that he's really dead. Where's the body? Also when Niva Lada went to Chaika's side and when he tried to stop that blast, he looked so confident like "meh, I won't even break a sweat trying to stop this one" So how come he's dead?

Anyway, despite my rant about Gaz's sudden death, the one thing that really prevented me from enjoying this show to the fullest was because of the fact that Chaika's so freaking young to be paired with Toru, which is a fucking 20-year old dude. She should've been 4-5 years older. Sorry, because even though I've watched hundreds of anime, I will never acquire the Japanese fetish for young kids. And to all those dudes trying so hard to justify their weird as fuck sexual attraction to young girls, sorry to break it to you but you're sick and should get professional help asap.

6/10. Love the action.
Oct 5, 2015 10:44 AM

Feb 2015
So Harem ending huh..

Must say, I loved the dragoon armor but damn it didn't last long, I wanted to see it's awesome power so badly. Kinda happy everyone ended happy. I do wonder if Red is working with that one hero as her gift was grapes? Man, there is so many good thing's about this anime.
Still wanted to see more Toru Dragoon Vs Shin more though, so badly lol

I really enjoyed this anime.
First season 8/10
Second Season 8/10

Time to buy all the upcoming Manga
Oct 13, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2015
Chaikas shot was powerfull cuz it contained all her memories and emotions, and i think they were really strong in her. Also his wand was the thing that was so op. He coulnd't do his plans without it so i think its pretty clear. Some of u say that he might dodged it, wat? like teleport to another world? She locked him down, there was no way to go lol. And maybe, if she were using just a normal bullet, his shield would be enough, but as i said, she used her memories and i think that combined with niva caused his instant death, defeat w/e.
I wish i could see more of their future. Why did they have to rush it ._.
Oct 29, 2015 9:26 AM
Aug 2015
Why there is no kissu, Nitroplus why u do dis? Kissu was the best ending, and you didnt put it baka, but ok. Want a kissu Chaika x toru kissu. (So many kissus)
Nov 24, 2015 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
That was kind of meh, well I didn't like the series that much anyways so. Too much war/seriousness in such an silly show otherwise.
Nov 27, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2012
VanishingKira said:
Worse than S1,shocking truth 4/10.

This was so fucking rushed.

+1 Same here, 4/10
Trolls are miserable and that's why they troll. They wish to make other people miserable so that they can feel better about themselves. They are also reaching out for the attention that they don't get in the physical world.
Dec 13, 2015 9:53 PM

Mar 2015
Is White Chaika lost memory??? This episode didnt clarify.

Action is great especially many battle scenes involved.

YEAH!!! I was right!!!! Emperor was one shotted. Hahahahahah XD

P.S. Tooru cavalier mode looks lame, LOL.
Jan 12, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2008
WHole show was predictable. 6.5/10 for this. Thats it folks LONG LIVE GAZ! lol
Mar 21, 2016 5:55 AM
Nov 2015
ScapaFlow47 said:
animefan8800 said:
So did Chaika lose her memory of them or not? I get the sense that's what they were going for, but by the end I dunno...they coulda made it clearer. Anyway this was a fun show and the conclusion felt appropriate enough I guess, though it definitely felt rushed. The pacing of this season in general was odd. We had quite a few build up episodes only to end up with a rushed finale. Regardless, I guess I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Taken as a whole with season one this was an enjoyable enough show. Alright story, pretty good action, etc. 7 out of 10 as a whole I guess.
I assume that her memory went back to who she was prior to becoming a chaika, but who knows there wasn't much to go off of considering how rushed the finale was. Hopefully they'll explain this in the OVA

sucks to revive a dead topic, but i just watched it and am confused as hell, can you explain it to me? (havent gotten to watch the OVAs and idk if i can/will)
Apr 3, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2014
Well that was a crappy ending.

Lol, Little Red Riding Chaika. Chaikas cuties.

I want more Fredrica best gyaru.
The sun is a deadly laser
May 8, 2016 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
Toru finally made a contract with Frederica, it was a little fast-paced but overall the series was good
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 17, 2016 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
So sad. It ended so fast :'( I want to see more of Chaika.. but I can understand why it was rushed because of the low budget.. I expected a "kissing scene" of Chaika and Toru though :( :D

I am still curious if Chaika lost all her memories.. and I think so. And I noticed that she can now talk in straight or something .. she used to say "grateful" but at the end, she said "thank you" :)

Awwww... i will miss her a lot... 8/10
Jun 26, 2016 10:01 AM
Jun 2016
I find the that the Gaz died too easy 3/10
Jun 26, 2016 10:02 AM
Jun 2016
[quote=Zel_Ezl]So sad. It ended so fast :'( I want to see more of Chaika.. but I can understand why it was rushed because of the low budget.. I expected a "kissing scene" of Chaika and Toru though :( :D

I am still curious if Chaika lost all her memories.. and I think so. And I noticed that she can now talk in straight or something .. she used to say "grateful" but at the end, she said "thank you" :)

Awwww... i will miss her a lot... 8/10[/quote.

She is 14 he is 20
Nov 5, 2016 7:36 AM

Oct 2016
The fact that transition from season 1 to season 2 was quite weird, and Niva being locked up in weapon form remain silent. Still It was fun to watch in one breath, 10 series instead of 12 series was a mistake for sure :c
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Aug 2015
I liked this. What a fun ride to be on. Gaz took a blast to the face probably now annihilated. Its been fun Chaika and thanks for the story
Jan 8, 2017 7:29 PM

Jan 2016
Ok I got to admit I love this anime a few months back ( in Novemember when I also got Snow White With The Red Hair and Overlord)

I bought both season on DVD (and I know I'm a bit late on it but I don't watch them until their dubbed and or I can buy them on DVD)

and I got to say I liked how they ended it but I was wondering if anyone see's this can anyone explain to me the ending in a sense,

I don't know if I missed it or if they just leave it to you to decide but does Chaika lose most of her memories or is it more or less some (like remember how to walk without thinking about it kind of thing)

sorry if I don't make much sense tbh I really am not good at explaining myself.

ether way though 10/10 for me and one of my personal faves

(EDIT) I forgot to say I finished rewatching it today and was kind of wondering.
animefan0071Jan 8, 2017 7:34 PM

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Jan 9, 2017 1:33 AM

Aug 2012
That rushed wrapped up, oh well the OP wizard revive in one episode and died in one episode.

I like how chaika shot his father because her goal is father's funeral XD

kinda feel bad for Niva locking on a storage instead of living with the others.

7/10 nice ride.
Jan 24, 2017 11:32 AM

Mar 2015
They should have gone with 12 episodes for S2, that ending was horrible.
Feb 7, 2017 1:38 PM
Feb 2017
What exactly happens in the last episode??? Does Toru turn back into a sabateur or something?? Does Chaika rememeber anything at all???
Feb 9, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
One Thing money can buy is "satisfaction"..the power of budget to create few more episodes to leave a healthy long lasting mark in the mind.

It still left a mark though....

liked it either way

Sep 29, 2017 5:22 PM

Jun 2017
Not bad at all.. the first time I saw this I was extremely upset by the ending, but the ending here is probably for the best considering Chaika found out she was basically a tool and that this was her entire purpose for living. So, in a manner of speaking this is the happiest ending possible.

I enjoyed this series a lot - Chaika is too cute, at least in the Japanese dub - the English dub made me want to kill myself, though. It's amazing how the same character can be so different and give such a different vibe depending on the language she speaks. English simply doesn't work well for Chaika's speech patterns... not at all... like nails on a chalkboard in english...

It's a little depressing though, that Niva Lada ends up chained in a display case. Lol ... so much for friendship - but I guess if Chaika doesn't REMEMBER their friendship that's a logical outcome.
Alpha-MethylSep 29, 2017 5:56 PM
Nov 4, 2017 4:37 PM
Jun 2016
Hi Frederica. 8/10. Frederica is such a bad ass. I loved the way it ended.
Nov 12, 2017 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
Oh come on! That's it?
The ending could have used at least 1 more episode...

Anyway, my thoughts:
- I liked that Tooru finally formed a contract with Fredrika, even if we didn't see too much of its power.
- Poor Fredrika again :( Just because she can regenerate doesn't mean you can kill/mutilate her every second episode...
- I don't care too much about Gillette and his gang, but I'm a bit glad that Vivi is okay.
- I don't care too much about Red Chaika and her gang :'D I guess yay for them surviving as well.
- I liked that Niva actually developed a personality and pretty much said fuck you to Gaz and his ways, who only saw her as a tool, unlike Chaika. I'm upset though that she just ended up locked in a case :S Maybe we can hope her being freed by Tooru in the future...
- I'm surprised Gaz just stood there and didn't try to run away. Perhaps this was meant to show how much he underestimated others, especially the powerful memories and emotions of Chaika, who clearly demonstrated quite the power against him, which was cool :D
- Poor Chaika's scream when her memories were used up >_< Now I'm not sure what happaned with her... Though I guess her memories (or at least most of it) disappeared, and now she will try to get to know Tooru again :) At least that's what I hope happened.

I liked the ending all in all, but I think a little bit more time would have made it much better.

As for the season, a 7/10, just like the first one. The show was incredibly predictable for the most part, but I still enjoyed it, mainly thanks to Chaika, Tooru and Fredrika (Akari was mostly meh), and that the fight scenes were cool. I also always had a thing for magic circles and things like that, so that was a plus, especially with most of it happening with a sniper rifle :D It was pretty badass.
Still, the show had more potential than it showed, so that's a bit unfortunate. But perhaps someday we will have a sequel, which I could see happening, since I don't think every evil thing the emperor had disappeared just like that.
Jan 22, 2018 7:03 PM

Nov 2016
I felt like this last episode was way too rushed. It really should've used an extra episode for this. The idea of how the Emperor was defeated wasn't bad but just executed not that well. I hope that Chaika didn't end up losing all of her memories.
Mar 6, 2019 4:44 AM

Oct 2015
Rushed ending and it disappointing as a romance anime. They just went together to check out a tree, now that was romance?

But because i liked the first season and the previous episodes, i will be lenient. 8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 19, 2019 7:45 PM

Mar 2016
So the moral of the story is don't blindly follow your employer when the shit she's doing is obviously going to bring a dead magic king back to life. I mean this whole thing could have been avoided if they used some common sense and gave the 'I am steel, I'll do whatever you want' chuuni shit a break and just destroyed the remains lol.

Honestly, the way everything came together in the end salvaged this entire series for me, even if it was 'all according to plan' and sometimes kind of ridiculous. Can't say I was a fan of the personalities of the main cast, too boring and deadpan, but this was decently entertaining. Red Chaika best Chaika.
syncrogazerAug 19, 2019 7:52 PM
Apr 14, 2020 10:22 AM
Apr 2018
The last fight was pretty dump and a plothole in itself let me explain why:
So the 500 year old GENIUS mage who got shot at with his OWN INVENTION sees the beam coming towards him and decides to block it with a barrier instead of dodging...
Youwould think that, since its his own invention, he has some sort of backdoor in it or at LEAST KNOWS HOW STRONG IT IS.
Or that he himself is super strong and can block it or dodge it with speed...

But nope like an idiot he gets blasted away sorry but that is really stupid for a 500 year old super genius... really lazy and uninspiring final fight
Jan 31, 2021 9:11 PM
Sep 2016
The last episode needed to be split into 2 episodes. Niva needs to show that she doesn't like being treated like a tool, because Chaika made her feel like a person. That was her whole thing, that she made to be a tool, but she was sentient, so she didn't want to hurt the only person that treated her like a person. She remembers that Chaika even made sure she was okay with going off with Guy. Chaika cared for her. And then after Gaz dies, Niva just stays in the gun form? What? She whole reason for turning on gaz was that she had learned that she could have her own desires, and care for something beyond serving gaz, and then they just chain her up, and keep her in some closet? And Chaika used her memories, but which ones? What did she forget? This could have been a solid 8/10, but that ending dropped it to 6/10 for me.
Mar 17, 2021 3:28 AM
Mar 2019
i try to find the novel to see the diferences of the final but not found it in english or spanish. i read that final its little different
May 14, 2021 2:13 AM
Dec 2018
A bit rushed, 12 episodes would have been good. No way you could have a drawn out battle such an overpowered enemy, though. His overlooking Niva and daughter 357 makes sense.

Glad to see best Chaika living with them. She loves Toru after all.
Oct 25, 2021 9:40 AM

May 2020
Gaz : Finally my resurrection has come, time to deliver hatred to everyone
Also Gaz : Damn you kid, I'm your father, you kill me

End
Jan 15, 2022 3:38 AM

Dec 2020
I was actually liking season 2 more than 1 because a plot was progressing and questions were being answered and explained. Then it progressed so fast the show basically instantly ended in the last couple of eps with even more questions now.
Feb 20, 2023 7:18 PM

Feb 2022
Ending felt very rushed. Why couldn't they make two more episodes, giving it 12 like S1?

Extend the final battle scenes and do a better job explaining things. Also, for the final few scenes after the battle, give us more time to breath and enjoy the characters before the credits.
Jun 24, 2023 6:59 AM

Jul 2016
I knew Shin was gonna pull out the "you're not cut out to be a Saboteur" line one last time. Thought he'd be way cooler than what he ended up being.

Normally I really like "happily ever after" endings if they're earned and done well, but can't lie there's a lack of satisfaction with this one, I mean did Niva really change sides at the last second because of her "personality"?

Kinda funny seeing little red riding Chaika and Akari becoming a full time fanfic author at least.
Jul 22, 2023 6:50 AM
Mar 2021
Ending was good overal .Time to watch ova
__FK__Jul 22, 2023 6:56 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.