Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 9, 2014 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, everyone is fascinated with Yona.

I give some credit for Yona taking up a sword with her confidence though. And also, fantasy takes full hold this episode with that transformation. Wow. Now I kinda get why they are known for their dragon gimmick.

Yona-sama~And oh god, the old woman in this episode was priceless to watch. A decent buildup episode overall imo and welcome to the team Ki-ja.
Dec 9, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ that old lady who serves the white dragon. The power of white dragon "resonate" when seeing the princess. So that made him immediately agreed to go along. lol ~ rivals. The part they argue about how they are worth being a protector of the princess is funny. It's such a fun village even when farewell with warmness. String ver. of OP.

It's white dragon's turn to find other 3 dragons using their resonance.

Showing white dragon's power through battle next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
The villagers being like that around Yona xD

The eldest elder being quite energetic and her reactions!

All the generations that waited for this day to come and the fateful day finally coming. All the years of yearning... can't begin to imagine how all the ones felt before Ki-ja.

Ki-ja's reaction to Yona with his blood boiling!

That tension between Hak and Ki-ja xD He took the money, Yona defending Hak so Ki-ja would be fine to let Hak stay. Hak being really happy!

All those supplies and "take this beauty with you" xD

That farewell until the day he comes back :/ Having the power to sense other dragons!
Dec 9, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
Another nice ep :D Ki-ja has joined the fray :3

Lol'd so much at Yona and Hak casually sightseeing the village and Yoon's reaction while he was imprisoned XD

Loved the scene when Ki-Ja's blood boiled...literally.

Dat rivalry between him and Hak was hilarious XD Yona wanting Hak to stay by her side was so cute <3<3 and Hak's laugh and the arrows pointing at him "He's Happy" was so lol XD Good for u Hak hehe...well until Ki-ja misunderstood thinking Hak's weak lol. Nxt ep both of them will see how strong the other is :3
Dec 9, 2014 8:51 AM

Feb 2012
Yeaa there's our White Dragon, can't wait to see him in action next week.

Love how the opening changes almost every few weeks.
Dec 9, 2014 9:42 AM

Oct 2014
One of the better shows this season, really enjoying it. tons of laugs, granny this ep was hilarious, so we get a nice fight scene next ep :3
Dec 9, 2014 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
I hate seeing characters leaving their people like that. But Yana's journey is getting better.
Yona was so adorable when she asked the White Dragon to protect Hak LOL
Dec 9, 2014 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
Hakuryuu-sama no baka!

Best moment from this episode.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Dec 9, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
That was a cool episode.
I had to laugh when Yona said she wants Hak by her side and he started to laugh XD
And he was really happy c:
Ki-ja is really nice :)

Dec 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
Another Perfect adaptation by Studio Pierrot! I wish they would do the same on the remaining chapters of Tokyo Ghoul manga!

I can't stop laughing and grinning while watching this episode! I had much more fun than reading the manga!

Ki-ja really waited for his Master and he really wants to serve him/her. But poor White Dragons before him, they just lived to pass down the Dragon's Blood in their bloodline. Well good for Ki-ja he was the one who fulfills that role. And too bad for him, He was been always called as "White Dragon" instead of his name. But at least Yona came and called him in his name once more! Ki-ja and Hak's rivalry was hilarious as hell I can't stop laughing!

Can't wait for another great episode next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Mar 2013
Good episode but i need some action now.
Dec 9, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2014
Indeed a good episode, I had quite a few laughs. Welcome to the team, Ki-ja.
Dec 9, 2014 11:44 AM

Sep 2008
it is a good epsiode i enjoyed it alot and the rivalry between Hak its priceless. It cracked me up and the money he tried to take haha. anyways im still wondering how many episodes they are going to do, they wont do 13 i believe. Maybe to 26 to have second season or something different.
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Dec 9, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2013
Has the plot actually swung into motion yet?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 9, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2014
Ok, so the they found the White Dragon, the end, now on to the next ep.
Dec 9, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
Well this dragon dude easily got on Yona's side. Too easily.

I hope the others aren't the same. They should be won over by Yona and should be attracted to her because of her personality not because of her hair color. Since this is the first dragon man, I'm letting it go but it wouldn't be nice if the other three do the same. They should put up some resistance or become suspicious before coming over to Yona's side.

That fight between white dragon man and Hak was kinda amusing.

They spend too much time on character development alone. I hope they are able to complete the required development and also finish stuff up in this season. If they continue to move very slowly then they might end up rushing towards the end which, of course, wouldn't be good.
Dec 9, 2014 1:05 PM
May 2014
Yamada2 said:
Well this dragon dude easily got on Yona's side. Too easily.

I hope the others aren't the same. They should be won over by Yona and should be attracted to her because of her personality not because of her hair color. Since this is the first dragon man, I'm letting it go but it wouldn't be nice if the other three do the same. They should put up some resistance or become suspicious before coming over to Yona's side.

The first one is the easiest for various reasons.

It isn't because of her haircolor, but it makes her easier to recognize.
It is their own blood that urges them to follow her, not her looks.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 9, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2011
Hak and Ki-ja Priceless HAHAHAH XDDD
Dec 9, 2014 1:18 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ki-ja's blood boiling scene kinda reminded me of the time Art used artificial minimums on himself in Re:␣Hamatora. But of course, can't really compare the two, since this show is 4X times better with much more awesome characters.

That Hak and Ki-ja's rivalry was hilarious! I like how casually Hak revealed that Ki-ja would pay him to leave while having the bag of gold coins in him. XD
Yona wanting Hak to stay by her side was cute though. :3

Departing scene at the end was bittersweet. I wonder if granny would die before Ki-ja returns. She raised about 2 death flags on herself at least.

Good episode. Next week PV looks great. Finally some awesome actions incoming! Hak is still badass with his spear than Ki-ja with his Dragon arm, IMO.

Dec 9, 2014 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone at the White Dragon's village is so fascinated with Yona.

Lol @ Yona and Hak were sightseeing the village while Yoon was imprisoned. Yoon's reaction was a lol.

That rivalry between Hak and Ki-ja is so hilarious.
Dec 9, 2014 3:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Cracked up so hard at Hak's creepy laugh omg.Good job Maeno Tomoaki. Yona was funny too when she elaborated that Ki-ja should also help protect Hak...Hak doesn't need any protection are you kidding. But that's just how much Hak means to her :>

I like how Yona tells Ki-ja like it is, that she's just a "scoundrel borrowing the dragon's powers" for her own purposes. I think being that honest helps build trust in the beginning of the relationship since Ki-ja will have some clue to what to expect from Yona. Not that he minds, since all his life he's been waiting for his "master," and his blood urges him to follow Yona. Looks like we'll get some action from Hak and Ki-ja next episode~
Dec 9, 2014 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
Hak and Ki-ja rivalry is what we need.

Two characters fighting over who is the strongest and fighting over Yona.

Lucky girl :3
Dec 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
Hm... I see that the White Dragon had quite the problem with his situation.
I loved the "jealousy" between him and Hak.

That farewell was sad, I hope the granny lives to see him come back.
Dec 9, 2014 3:43 PM

Feb 2014
Haha this episode was pretty funny. Yona and Hak get a tour of the village while Yun is locked up in the cage. Also, Yona was able to get Ki-ja to join them and let Hak stay by basically telling him that he'd die first :p the old lady was pretty entertaining as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2013
Looks like they'll keep editing the OP to add the new members, neat!

That grandma is so awesome xD

Yep, love at first sight, totally.

Goddamn the humour in this series is the best.

The departure was tear-jerking :'(
Dec 9, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2013
Yona really is slowly building a harem. Well, if all the other dragons react the same as Ki-Jae, Hak will get jealous real fast. Imagine if she ask all the dragons to protect Hak... Poor him, he's gonna feel like a useless tool xD

Hak reaction when she rooted for him was hilarious. That dishonest dude...
Yona is still really cute with all her clueless reactions :3

Now, only 3 dragons left to go. Is the manga finished? If so, will they cover all the manga? If not, maybe they'll do an anime-only ending.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 9, 2014 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
minouneetzoe said:
Now, only 3 dragons left to go. Is the manga finished? If so, will they cover all the manga? If not, maybe they'll do an anime-only ending.

The manga is still ongoing. The latest chapter to come out was chapter 100. At the pace the anime is going at, the anime will probably end around chapter 40-50 or so assuming they don't skip anything.
Dec 9, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2013
HAK'S LAUGH WHEN YONA SAID HE WAS AN IMPORTANT CHILDHOOD FRIEND AND THAT SHE WOULDN'T LEAVE HIM BEHIND LMAO

Dec 9, 2014 7:04 PM

Jun 2014
YAY! The first dragon! and next episode, we get to see him in action!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 9, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 2014
I really love the pacing of this show :D haha the tension between kija and haku will definitely be interesting to watch. I really loved the grandma lady. The sending off scene was really touching. Is it just me or did the OP change again?
Dec 9, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
Hak's creepy "happy" laugh, lol

Many people say the opening keeps changing. When? I've watched it and can't find any differences :(
KilikcliaDec 9, 2014 8:15 PM
Dec 9, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
Noticed there was a change in the opening. So they finally get to meet the White dragon. The village was friendlier than I thought. I was expecting a fight of some sort.

Yona being beautiful as always, and the scene where she grabs Hak's arms & saying he was important to her. So sweet :>
Dec 9, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
Loved the humor in this one especially Hak vs Ki-ja. Yona is entering dumb harem lead territory with romance but I still love her anyway.
Dec 9, 2014 8:16 PM

Mar 2013
When I was watching this episode I notice something:

We all know that Akatsuki no Yona is based on Chinese Mythology.
In the anime we see Yona looking for the 4 dragons, and herself is the reincarnation of Hiryuu, the red dragon.
Isn't this scene a clue that Hak is the Tiger of the Chinese mythology in the story?
In The Chinese mythology the Tiger is so powerful than the Dragon, and both of them represents the Yin-Yang, the balance.
_junoDec 10, 2014 2:11 AM
Dec 9, 2014 8:48 PM

Apr 2014
julyachan said:

In the anime we see Yona looking for the 4 dragons, and herself is the reincarnation of Hiryuu, the red dragon.
Isn't this scene a clue that Hak is the Tiger of the Chinese mythology in the story?
In The Chinese mythology the Tiger is so powerful than the Dragon, and both of them represents the Yin-Yang, the balance.

Hey hey, Don't get it wrong. That is Japanese Mythology. And don't say if you saw a dragon you'll automatically say it's the Chinese.
The Japanese had it's own version you know? Take a look on this Japanese Dragon and Raijū which are parts of Japanese Mythology.
Dec 9, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2014
Yay, her harem's growing! I like Ki-ja !! :D :D
Dec 9, 2014 9:27 PM

Jun 2013
another awesome episode :D

omg Hak's evil laugh XD
Dec 9, 2014 9:38 PM
Nov 2013
Finally, a dragon! Looks like White Dragon and Hak have a little rivalry going on. The plot seems to be slowly kicking in which I am very much looking forward to. I wonder what dragon they'll meet next?
Dec 9, 2014 9:43 PM

Nov 2011
This was the most amusing episode by far. I was grinning and laughing to myself throughout the entire episode. Hak and Ki-Ja's interactions were probably my favorite part.

I like that Yona is being up-front about desiring the dragons' powers for selfish reasons. It was a important to establish from the start, and it made for a breather from the slightly unusual amount of praise Yona was receiving.

Also, is the red hair that rare? The anime portrays it as a nearly defining trait of the king's descendent.

dream_eater1012 said:
minouneetzoe said:

The manga is still ongoing. The latest chapter to come out was chapter 100. At the pace the anime is going at, the anime will probably end around chapter 40-50 or so assuming they don't skip anything.

I know it's unlikely, but I would be quite excited if the series was extended past the initial two-course.
Dec 9, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
shippos said:
HAK'S LAUGH WHEN YONA SAID HE WAS AN IMPORTANT CHILDHOOD FRIEND AND THAT SHE WOULDN'T LEAVE HIM BEHIND LMAO
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TripleSRank said:
Also, is the red hair that rare? The anime portrays it as a nearly defining trait of the king's descendent.
Yoon said it was rare but not necessarily revered, which is why he found the White Dragon clan's reaction bizarre. He's a handsome genius, you know. He knows his stuff.
currycurryDec 9, 2014 9:58 PM
Dec 9, 2014 10:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Rayzer said:

Hey hey, Don't get it wrong. That is Japanese Mythology. And don't say if you saw a dragon you'll automatically say it's the Chinese.
The Japanese had it's own version you know? Take a look on this Japanese Dragon and Raijū which are parts of Japanese Mythology.

But this series is clearly a fictional fantasy inspired by a mix of East Asian mythology, including Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Judging from the characters names, the overall fashion, etc. So no, this is not as much "Japanese" as "Chinese" but the series definitely has a strong influence from a mix of cultures.

Also don't forget dragons in Japanese mythology later merged elements from native Japanese mythology and the imported Chinese mythologies.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 9, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
wakka9ca said:

But this series is clearly a fictional fantasy inspired by a mix of East Asian mythology, including Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Judging from the characters names, the overall fashion, etc. So no, this is not as much "Japanese" as "Chinese" but the series definitely has a strong influence from a mix of cultures.

Also don't forget dragons in Japanese mythology later merged elements from native Japanese mythology and the imported Chinese mythologies.

Well, Whatever. I really don't care that much anyway because a "Myth" was just a Myth that wasn't even proved that it exist.
It's just an imagination created by human mind, so it's pretty stupid to believe about it.
And if it's used as just fiction works I would be just fine with that.
Dec 10, 2014 1:14 AM

May 2013
One dragon acquired, three more to go. Seriously, this was a good episode to start off another long journey for the other dragons.
Dec 10, 2014 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
The comedy tends to be hit and miss a times. The aim of the show now is to find the dragons and help Yona get back are throne but when Hak said 'this guy is useless, we can't use him', i almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 10, 2014 2:06 AM

Mar 2013
Rayzer said:
julyachan said:

wakka9ca said:

Well, sorry for my ignorance. I was just trying to make a point about Hak being the Tiger.
_junoDec 10, 2014 2:13 AM
Dec 10, 2014 3:45 AM

Mar 2013
TripleSRank said:
dream_eater1012 said:

I know it's unlikely, but I would be quite excited if the series was extended past the initial two-course.

Same here! As much as I love reading manga, I started this series via the anime medium and would love to see it concluded as such. Is there any chance, though? IIRC the manga didn't really get a boost from the anime and it's not doing well in BD/DVD preorders, so the chances of a second season don't look good at all :/
Dec 10, 2014 8:08 AM

May 2009
Ohh what a great episode! A bit of drama, some laughs, great story line.. Lovely. Can't wait until they meet the next dragon!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Dec 10, 2014 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
currycurry said:
TripleSRank said:
Yoon said it was rare but not necessarily revered, which is why he found the White Dragon clan's reaction bizarre. He's a handsome genius, you know. He knows his stuff.

Ah, right. We gotta trust the handsome genius, don't we? xD

SalemWitch said:
TripleSRank said:

Same here! As much as I love reading manga, I started this series via the anime medium and would love to see it concluded as such. Is there any chance, though? IIRC the manga didn't really get a boost from the anime and it's not doing well in BD/DVD preorders, so the chances of a second season don't look good at all :/

I don't claim to know much about the industry in that regard, but anime often serve as an advertisement of sorts for the manga they're based on. If the manga doesn't see a boost in sales and the BDs/DVDs don't do well, there's no reason that I know of to continue making it.
Dec 10, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
I can never get enough of this series xD Hak makes me laugh all the time!
Dec 10, 2014 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes the grandma looks like ET.

I love it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.