Forum Settings
Forums

Shooting Game 'Gunslinger Stratos' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2015

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Dec 10, 2014 10:58 AM

Paulo27 said:

Is it really fanboying over someone if you liked all their previous works? It's called having expectations because you haven't been let down yet.
I find it funny because plenty of other lesser known directors and the like also get really hyped because they nailed one good work and no one says anything.

Gotta actually read his points instead of just making up your own and answering those dude. He's saying he takes issue with the guy essentially getting to always be considered perfect because if something is successful and well received all the credit somehow ends up going to him and if not it's apparently everyone else's fault but his for not living up to his greatness. It has nothing to do with a random person liking all of his works or whatever. Also name a lesser known director in anime that gets hyped because they nailed one good work and pretty much always gets to shirk any and all possible criticism ever and where you never hear anything about them that is anything less than glowing. The only one that comes to mind for me right now is Ei Aoki.

Dec 10, 2014 11:39 AM

Kaioshin_Sama said:
He's saying he takes issue with the guy essentially getting to always be considered perfect because if something is successful and well received all the credit somehow ends up going to him and if not it's apparently everyone else's fault but his for not living up to his greatness.

What anime was well received that he didn't work on most of the time? A/Z, Gargantia? Yeah, right.
Do people praise the parts that he wrote? Yeah, but most people can agree that those were not why they failed.
I find it to be more the other way around — A/Z and Gargantia failed? Sasuga Urobutcher! But you can't say he didn't work on them that much even if it's true because it's considering fanboying "yeah, it's not his fault but he worked on them and it failed so he also failed!"
While things that he worked on from beggining to finish Madoka, Psycho-Pass and F/Z, to some extent, are well received by most people, why should he not be credited for those when he made them?
Personally I find it very natural that people hype his works, I personally haven't been left down yet so there's no reason to not do so, is he perfect? Probably not, he ought to screw up some time but I'm not going to not look forward to something he will be working on because that next thing might be the screw up.

Dec 10, 2014 11:46 AM

This feels like its gonna be really bad, i mean im mainly saying that cause A-1 pictures are god awful and they will find a way to fuck things up, but also just cause it sounds like it will be pretty bland. Hopefully not but i wont really hold my breath on this one.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 10, 2014 1:07 PM

It looks like it has a great deal of potential to fail.

I might try it for a bit of action fanservice.

Dec 10, 2014 1:17 PM

Seems like generic, mindless fun.
"Hi!"

Dec 10, 2014 4:07 PM

Kaioshin_Sama said:

From the fanboy side of things that's such a convenient position to be in as a creative consultant working out of Nitroplus where people can basically suggest that if something is a hit it's all thanks to the ideas he presented to his contractors and if not it's because the people who contracted him weren't competent enough to live up to his brilliance or whatever it is.

Also IMO his last actual decent anime work credit including movies was Psycho Pass back in 2012 which while not great at least did some justice by it's genre and didn't rely on some form of subversion of expectations for the most part. Everything else since has been either unremarkable or downright mediocre so we'll see where this falls, but I'm sooner betting on the mediocre one given how game adaptations usually tend to go, particularly A-1's.

You know, this sounds truly bad. I bet there are many people who could do as bad as Urobuchi out there with a source, but there's also a chance them doing better. Waving his ass everywhere eventually won't help anyone.

As for the game/adaptation, the premise reminded me a bit of the Edolas Arc, which is the one I enjoyed the most in Fairy Tail. I don't expect "more", I just hope it would be a decent action watch.
Modified by zellami, Dec 10, 2014 4:41 PM

Dec 10, 2014 4:16 PM

It looks interesting.

Dec 11, 2014 4:40 AM

Kaioshin_Sama said:

I find it funny how A-1 tends to mean such different things to such different people. Some see it as a seal of quality cause they get to adapt a lot of popular works, others like myself see them as kind of bunglers that hog popular licenses that other studios with less overworked staff and more open schedules could probably do more with.
well, a-1 pictures as an animation studio is hard to judge since they don't have any inhouse staff in contrast to studios like Bones or GODani. for their projects they always hire differrent people who then use their own connections to get people they normally work with. look at idolmaster, it was basically a gainax/trigger show at a-1. so depending on the staff the animation quality can range from fucking awesome (Birdy, SAO, Im@s) to absolute horseshit like in this case. of course a good schedule is important too.
Modified by Brobot, Dec 11, 2014 4:51 AM

Dec 11, 2014 4:58 AM

SnazzGary said:
A normal student

No. No no no no no. Why always students? The concept seems 'OK', but Jesus, why students? Can't something at least not have a school setting?

Also, more game adaptations. Great. //Sarcasm

So when is Karneval getting a second season?

Edit: What the fuck is up with those character designs?

Why? I don't see what's wrong. It's by Urobuchi. Isn't that reason enough? lol

Join the A Team. Follow Yuasa Masaaki instead.

Dec 11, 2014 2:25 PM

just saying, urabuchi is only listed as original creator.....he was also listed as that for PP season 2, aldnoah, and suisei, all 3 shows he had no real control over what happened. Bitching/praising him now is just gonna end up being null cause he very likley wont do anything in regards to this shows final outcome

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Let's forget for a moment that it's A-1.

Let's forget for a moment that it's Urobutcher.

I'll be honest, this looks like arse.

Dec 11, 2014 7:16 PM

lol the trailer looks awful.. doubt it'll be interesting, urobutcher starting to make more and more shitty anime.

Dec 12, 2014 6:53 PM

Why, interesting!

Dec 13, 2014 1:42 PM

Chibi-Alice said:
I'm interested, but this will not be on my priority list.

same here and beside what a long ass name japan has

Dec 14, 2014 7:09 PM

seems like a very boring pretty girls + pretty boys in apocalyptic setting.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys

Jan 14, 2015 5:55 AM

People here say Gen is just attaching his name and shit, but when you play the game it literally has him in the credits under story composition/setting or something. I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote the scenario for the game, but of course an entire anime scrip is a different story so we will see. All I'm saying is people need to calm down with assuming they know everything (but I guess that's MAL).

But I've been playing the game recently and its insanely fun. I'm gonna watch it just off that bases (even though I'm actually in love with Gen's EARLIEST work before he fell off doing anime).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]