Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 24, 2014 1:44 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks for the gift santa <3
I've actually considered watching baccano before, so it's likely a great recommendation :D
Dec 24, 2014 4:59 AM
Apr 2012
After being recommended something from my Plan to Watch list last year even though I had excluded the option, this year's rec was a nice surprise! I can't promise I'll get around to starting it before Dec 30th, but I'm pretty excited about airspace and steampunk.
Dec 24, 2014 5:20 AM

Apr 2013
TO MY SECRET SANTA, I love you.
Dec 24, 2014 5:58 AM

Nov 2014
A big thank you to my secret santa the gifts were amazing
Dec 24, 2014 7:15 AM
Mar 2013
To my Secret Santa: Thank you so very much for the gift! It was perfect. I wanted colors and I got them. I wanted a digimon theme and I got it. I loved the signature so much I decided to change my avatar and my profile picture to match everything up :D

Once again thanks so much for the gift!
Dec 24, 2014 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks Secret Santa, I love it. The picture is probably going to stay like that for a year or two.

Dec 24, 2014 11:11 AM

Jun 2010
THANK YOU SANTA!!
I love the DP. *3*
Dec 24, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2008
This year too, it was really fun (and stressful) to be a part of the Secret Santa Event~

My new profile picture was incredibly cute and funny, and the small message attached to it was really nice too (I now regret I didn't include one myself). As for the recommendation, I don't know this anime at all and will watch it as soon as possible.

I'm really eager to discover who was my two Santa to be able to thank them properly! I hope the event will occur again next year! Thanks for your hard work, little elves... and Merry Christmas, everyone~
Dec 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
Thank you Secret Santa! I've started watching Angel Beats and it's pretty good so far!
Dec 24, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2009
The recommendation I received wasn't something I'd have picked up on my own, which is exactly what I was hoping for. It seems good so far, thanks Secret Santa!
Dec 24, 2014 7:41 PM

Aug 2014
I can't thank my santas enough! Both of you did a really good job!

The profile picture is super kawaii! I have been using it in Osu! as well and have gotten a couple positive comments in mutliplayer. You did a super job with the editing and I love Tippy's fire accent.

I have started my recommendation and so far I'm enjoying the change of pace after finishing two heavy fantasy series with this nice slice of life. I had never heard of the series before and was glad to be recommended something new.

Thank you both for your work. I had lots of fun and I hope MAL continues to put on such great events!
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Dec 24, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2013
Thank you santa. I got that rec a lot, but I was always reluctant since the likes of my friends isn't exactly like mine. But since you recommended it, I watched it. It was the final push I needed.

And I liked it, so thank you.

I can't wait another year to do this all over again!!!! ;;
Dec 25, 2014 3:47 PM

Jul 2014
Thank you very much santas!

@image santa: I love you and I curse you, it's amazing that you actually fulfilled my list-style wish - that alone is awesome, and I think it looks very cool too.
At first I wasn't sure who exactly the character was. For a second I thought of Gantz (because of the connectors), but then I looked at the long hair and had to think of a certain character from a Anime/Manga, on both my lists, that I haven't seen this way before. So I searched a bit and I think I just spoilerd myself a bit... xD (I wasn't able to find the picture with a reverse google image search, but I'm fairly certain I know who it is, I won't say the name to prevent further spoilers, but it all makes sense and it would explain the enormous gloves :D I really have to continue the manga...)

@rec santa: I want to thank you too. I only managed to skim over a few pages in the middle yet, but what I've seen pleases me :-) It seems to be nice and short too, so I'll be sure to finish it in time to write my review :-) (Please don't feel bad, because I didn't write as much as I wrote about Image Santa, but I haven't read it yet. But it's fair to say that both of you were among the most interesting presents I got this year)
Dec 27, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2013
Sharing my appreciation towards both Secret Santa; thank you!

For the image I received a forum avatar with Shinobu and purple/pink background, as well as my name written on it. It looks really sweet and I might put it up in the near future!

For the recommendation I received Apollo's Song (Apollo no Uta), a manga back from 1970 with 530 pages overall. I've read it all in a one-go today and must say, it was excellent. I got lost in a few places, like the 4th chapter sort of came out of nowhere and was a gap between the 3rd and 5th one, but it all more or less made sense after re-examining it all. It was very worth the time!

So, yeah, thank you very much and let the next year be as rich as this one! :)
Dec 30, 2014 7:51 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
To wrap up the event, the Secret Santas have all been revealed!

Thank you to everyone who participate and/or helped out!

See You All Next Year~
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

211 by Kauam_ »»
6 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3335 by --sayori-- »»
7 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Feb 23

194 by Seruki123 »»
Apr 14, 9:54 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.