Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 8, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That world looks amazing, like one of those from a fantasy story book. The enchanting forest were something I did not expect at first. More explanations about Bahamut though.

Poor Jeanne. That misunderstanding got to the worse now...and I feel bad for her. Same goes for Arima. Those tears ;_; looks like Favaro will have a big decision to make soon.
Stark700Dec 8, 2014 8:16 AM
Dec 8, 2014 8:20 AM

Jul 2010
The observer and its world!

The king being corrupted to the point of no return by now, allowing the death penality for traitors.
The demon trying to lure Jeanne, that potion of truth.

The demons and Angels thinking that each side is trying to rise Bahamut.

Favaro being told to end Amira's life to change fate! Wonder what Rita is up to.
Dec 8, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2013
Man so much shit happened in this episode that my mind is about to explode. I have only one thing to say:

That is what I call grade-A plot progression and the laughs were just as plentiful as well. Just as we all expected, Favaro is the god damn man and the fated "Holy Knight/Bro". However, it looks like he's got an egregious decision on his hands with Amira vs saving the world. And screw that douchebag of a King. Don't you dare touch my Jeanne (although I hope she doesn't turn to the Dark side because of all this). And Rita meeting the baddie in the castle behind everything... Mind blown.
dankzelDec 8, 2014 8:28 AM
Dec 8, 2014 8:29 AM
Mar 2013
awesome as usual
Dec 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
Fingers crossed that Jeanne won't join the dark side. We all know Favaro would not do it but how will he change the fate?

The dragon looks like it's 3D animated?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
The animated dragon was amazing.
Shame he was moving at like 5 fps.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 8, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
That world looks amazing, like one of those from a fantasy story book.
Epic styled. This season is really great.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 8, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
As usual the ep was amazing.
The art was pretty good, the dragon was well animated.

Jeanne being set up for the murder. An evil thing is trying to persuade her to join the dark side, just like in that one movie about her.
Hopefully Rita will save her.

Favaro being the only one able to take out Bahamut's tooth/barb out of the Observer's foot, I guess that means he might be the chosen knight who'll take down Bahamut.

Favaro is faced with a difficult decision.

Dec 8, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2013
That forest... So eyegasmic, GODD!! Looked fucking beautiful, I am constantly impressed by the visuals.

Also, nice plot progression, wonder what will Favaro do. Though we all know that he won't do it.
Dec 8, 2014 9:20 AM

May 2012
Jeanne followed the history so far, not gonna surprise if they really gonna burn her,.
Wonder what Favaro and Bahamut's connection/

Dec 8, 2014 9:21 AM

Aug 2010
Yep, that's Jeanne's fate anywhere u go D: Hope it's different here. KILL THE KING!!

Hope Rita's gonna be okay with that magician finding her.

Dat Dragon doe :O Looked awesome along with the environment around it. So Fava's goal is back to what he wanted to do since the very start? Kill Amira. Nope! Not gonna happen XD

Fava was pretty cool this ep. Wonder what exactly the significance of him being able to take out the barb so easily is.
Dec 8, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2014
Ah so beautiful. The atmosphere in this show is second to none, every week within seconds I'm in another world! The wheels are turning and the end game is approaching. I cant wait to see how it is all resolved
Dec 8, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
So if Favaro doesn't kill Amira, Bahmut will be reborn anyway?
I don't think he's going to do it. There's got to be another way.

Dec 8, 2014 9:44 AM

Nov 2014
I doubt Favaro is going to kill Amira. Also I hope that king dies and Jeanne is saved.

The forest looked really beautiful the only problem I have with the animation is with the cg they used on Bahamut but apart from that it is a really beautiful show

Favaro is pretty much confirmed to be the knight that kills bahamut since he was the only one who could pick that barb

Hope Rita's gonna be okay Martinet (thats what I think his name is) is a top tier demon after all.

Looks like there is going to be some epic battles between the angels and demons in the next few episodes so I'm looking forward to that. I love how this series handles the battles they have this sense of scale that few other anime have.
Dec 8, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2012
On the road again!
The adventure aspect of the show is my favorite

What are you gonna do Fava?
Dec 8, 2014 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
bakafavakun dont do it
Dec 8, 2014 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
I thought Kaiser's first line was "FAVAAAAAAAAAAROOOOOOOOOOO"

anyway, slow episode, could have been better.
Dec 8, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2013
chakracat said:
The animated dragon was amazing.
Shame he was moving at like 5 fps.

pretty much.

great episode
Dec 8, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
The forest in the episode looked really beautiful but that cgi dragon could have been done better. I can already see Jeanne joining the dark side because of that Martinet guy. Lucifer seems pretty relaxed even though he knows Beelzebub is scheming something behind him. Yeah and I doubt Favaro will kill Amira to stop Bahamut's awakening.
Dec 8, 2014 10:56 AM

Mar 2013
Fava is based as always.

I hope Jeanne will be all right
Dec 8, 2014 10:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The music when Amira cried in the forest was breathtaking.
Dec 8, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode
so much hype for next week
Dec 8, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
Which way is the wind blowing?

TO TOMORROW!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 8, 2014 11:19 AM

Sep 2013
Art/Animation: Great as usual. The Dragon looked fantastic even if the animation on him was a bit dodgy, the world itself he was in though was beautiful.

Music: Freaking great. I do like Amira's voice actress how she can sound like a woman with the mind of a child when Amira cries.

Story+Characters:
SO MUCH HAPPENS WOW! lol
I feel like the entire plot of the show just turned upside down as we approach the climax of the last 3 episodes.

I was wondering what was going to happen to Rita, turns out she finds a secret alchemy area underneath the castle where I guess the Marilyn Manson looking demon with the voice of Tim Curry was making his potions. Guess we get to see some lone Rita action, can't wait for that.

So Favaro meets a magic dragon and tells him that fate can be changed. I love how Favaro just DOES things, smacking the barb on the ground and it just makes things even more complicated. Favaro has to kill Amira hmm.. I doubt that's going to happen, especially since Favaro went on a big speech about changing fate... Though I won't lie, an ending where Amira dies would be quite tragic.

I was surprised to see Kaisar immediately go off on a mission and meet up with Favaro and Amira. I expected him to get back with them sure but not right away. I am perfectly okay with this though.

This series is so weird sometimes. Things just sort of happen and it completely changes everything. There's no plausibility but it's one of the rare cases where a show throws everything at you and succeeds at making most of it stick and be entertaining.

Special mention to the opening scene where Amira catches Favaro and sends out her wing, "Oh ya, you can fly." "Sorry, I can't" and they drop. That was some looney toons level hilarity right there. Lmao
Dec 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2009
That world reminded me some of Miyazaki's scenery.

I hope Jeanne will live, she's burned every time, at least in this world let's see her alive till the end XD
Dec 8, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2014
Fantastic episode, the scene with the dragon was beautiful even though the creature was moving at a low framerate but considering the other creature CGI I guess this was deliberate

Still cannot believe the MAL score for this is still below 8, I enjoy every episode immensely
Dec 8, 2014 11:48 AM

Mar 2013
For some reason the last few episodes felt very stagnant, but this one suddenly kicked everything into high gear and reminded me why I love this show. Brilliant. Just brilliant.
Dec 8, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2009
OK, Amira is the key, Favaro seems to be the Holy Knight, then what's Kaisar's role? If it's really fate in motion for the three of them to get pulled into that layer of existence, then Kaisar also has to have some significant role in all this, right?

Ah, now that I think about it: Satan and Zeus both need humans to manifest, and we have 2 humans next to Amira - Favaro and Kaisar. If Amira's mother separates the key from Amira, then Favaro can manifest Zeus (since he's the Holy Knight), and Kaisar can manifest Satan (ironically, the farthest thing from his actual pure nature, haha). Something like this.
CGDec 8, 2014 12:01 PM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 8, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2012
Absolutely wonderful implementation of that fate speech. Make it so that he has no clue of whatever he's actually talking about like the Favaro he is, and then show him shitting himself once fate actually starts moving him.

I always hated it when characters spoke of the fate speech and truly believed that they could/couldn't change it. Favaro being aware of his own bullshit to cheer Amira up was absolutely a breath of fresh air.
Dec 8, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
Dat cg dragon.

That demon is such a bastard. Framing Jeanne then trying to bring her over to the dark side. Great plan though, but so far it doesn't seem to be working.

One thing bothers me. Who the hell made this Bahamut? The gods are having problems containing it, it's giving the demons a tough time, it's killing people like flies. How did it even come into existence?

Favaro's never gonna kill Amira. He's probably gonna be the knight of legends or whatever who will finish Bahamut, or probably help out that knight who could be Jeanne.
Dec 8, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
Marvelous Episode. Absolutely splendid. I really like Jeanne, hopefully she won't join the dark side.
Dec 8, 2014 1:37 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The first hald seemed a bit rushed but we got a lot of plot progression that sets up the final stretch so all is forgiven.

Favaro confirmed for Supaa Knight. He'll be the guy to make things happen at the end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
to hell with fate
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 8, 2014 2:31 PM

Oct 2014
Jeanne :(

Necro loli vs. Demon Caster next?

and Dat End tho
Dec 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
Rita is still as awesome as ever.
Well it's obvious that Favaro isn't going to kill Amira. I wonder if he will sacrifice himself instead and give his human blood to change fate of the world at the end of this series.

I also hope Rita and Jeanne will be okay.

Also, after the credits Azazel and Lucifer introduced themselves as fallen angels. Which is rather interesting as it means that they might be acquainted with the current real angels and they aren't original demons, which is maybe why Beelzebub hates them. Also is where they get their bishounen looks from.
HandsomeManDec 8, 2014 2:50 PM
Dec 8, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
Awesome as always
Dec 8, 2014 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
Favaro was confronted with the truth, and once again he part with Amira and Kaisar, but it seems that a war will start, I'm curious to see how the story will develop in this end ..
Dec 8, 2014 3:29 PM

Nov 2012
Omg Amira crying ;_____;

"To hell with fate."

The king is such an idiot for putting Jeanne up for execution.

So Favaro and Kaisar are going to become the key's/Zeus and Satan's vessel.

Kill Amira,ohh hell no.Not a single doubt that Favaro won't kill her (though if he were to that would be so unexpected and not sure how I would react I would be utterly amazing at how ballsy that would be,yet devastated that Amira got killed).
Dec 8, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
JEANNE PLEASE DON'T JOIN THE DEMONS.

Seriosuly one of the most badass characters in this anime (which is really saying something) It would be a shame if they made her bad.

Just kill that fucking king please, honestly maybe it's the fact that I just watched Akame ga Kill but I'm having like 0 fucking patience and absolutely no pity for fucking kings
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 8, 2014 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Jeanne, the misunderstanding has gotten worse.

Favaro has to kill Amira to prevent Bahamut from being reborn.
Dec 8, 2014 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
The king is for obvious reasons not entirely reasonable, but still, to claim that the one human who is beyond even the shadow of a doubt favoured by the angels and on top never failed in her more secular duties is ultimately responsible for the angels abandoning the city/humans?

Thats some interesting logic there. It's a wonder nobody already decided to get rid of the king, as it should be clear to everyone that he is insane.

Lucifer is extremely relaxed. "key girl" as everyone is calling her gone missing, Bahamut stirring, Belzebuth rallying he demons..even Azazel is all worked up, and he must be quite close connected to Lucifer somehow, given their non-demon looks and the ending.

Bacchus arriving at the capital city/ royal palace..the angels won't help Jeanne (they are both quite busy and rather uninterested in the human world overall), but maybe Bacchus will intervene. While all he usually does is handling the bounty contracts (at least as far we've seen), he is still rather close to humans compared to the rest of the gods..

Speaking of, there is no actual mention of other gods. Only Zeus and Bacchus. The rest are all angels. Having only *the* god (who just happens to be named Zeus) and angels would work, more or less. But where would Bacchus fit in then?
Dec 8, 2014 4:39 PM

Sep 2013
This show is just awesome.

Favaro confirmed to be the legendary knight, judging the Dragon's reaction. On another note, I hope Jeanne joins sides with the demons. That would be a nice twist.
Dec 8, 2014 5:03 PM
Nov 2013
Oh my god, the animation is so fucking good. Defjnitely a runner up for best animation of 2014.

Lots of events happened this epiosde. Poor Jeanne, I hope she's not executed since I like her a lot (although I do highly doubt they'd kill her off right now since she's pretty much the one way Bahamut can be stopped if its revived). I'm realt glad Kaiser joined the group, too bad Rita didn't come. I do wonder if Favaro has the guts to kill Amira though, even though I don't want him to..

Loved this episode. Keep it coming Mappa~
Dec 8, 2014 6:23 PM
Oct 2014
VanishingKira said:
Omg Amira crying ;_____;

That kind of got to me, chiefly because she's been revealed to essentially be a child. But when Favaro gave her hope and she hugged him, that really choked me up. I really hope Favaro adhere's to his own charge about screwing fate by not killing Amira.

Legal_Latino said:

Just kill that fucking king please, honestly maybe it's the fact that I just watched Akame ga Kill but I'm having like 0 fucking patience and absolutely no pity for fucking kings

No bullshit; both kings are easily manipulated idiots, whose only function is to illicit hate from the viewers.
Dec 8, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
Kill the kinggg!
Or Rita could make the dude a living zombie like she is, and find out what happened.
Poor Amira. The whole of creation minus like 5 people is out to destroy her.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 8, 2014 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Adventure feel is back, let's roll.

Can Favabro be any more badass? His selfish nature makes him the perfect person to say 'to hell with fate'. He'll do what he wants when he wants. Of course at some point he'll have to admit that he is in this for Amira's sake, which is I think the purpose of this latest development. If he kills her, then what was the point of spending all that time helping her? I think we'll see him say something like that in classic Favaro fashion, which will really push their relationship forward(if those hugs didn't already).

I have no idea what Favaro's answer is going to be regarding the key though, other than somehow removing it from her and manifesting the key's power himself(sealing himself with it T_T). But isn't it risky to kill Amira to stop the revival? I thought the seal was affected by her mental state? I mean I guess if it was an instant death..

The observer mentioned the key and the seal meeting..I wonder if Amira's mother is somehow a vessel for the seal. Oh how cruel that would be, and it would put the theory that Lavalley is scheming to revive Bahamut over the edge.

Another thing about the observer's statements I think is interesting and crucial is the 'immutable truth' that if joined together the key will be with Bahamut permanently. Could that offer insight into Beelzebub's scheming? I mentioned this last week but now this thought has some steam behind it, could he be trying to force Amira to become one with Bahamut after its revival, thinking Satan would revive within Bahamut? By the same token, could the angels calling for battle want something similar?

I don't think Jeanne will necessarily join the demons, but I think she'll see the 'truth' that drink apparently holds which will make her mistrust the gods/angels just as much as the demons. Instead of being black or white, she'll became grey like the OP puts it, and find her own true path in contributing to the defeat of Bahamut.

Is Rita screwed? lol no she ain't afraid of no demon alchemist, her role's about to get way bigger.
Dec 8, 2014 9:55 PM

Aug 2014
Oh no they have to kill Amira, wish in further episode they find another solution to the problem.
Dec 8, 2014 10:23 PM
Oct 2008
This could be a crackpot theory, but I think Jeanne d'Arc is Amira's mother. Same color hair, Jeanne d'Arc is a powerful holy knight. Plus, the demon whisperer was saying that the gods were hiding something from Jeanne d'Arc. Maybe the gods captured Amira's mother and turn her to Jeanne d'Arc to serve the gods.

If this the truth, it could lead to Jeanne d'Arc to turn against the gods and stand along side the demons to save her daughter. Of course this theory is stretching it.
Dec 8, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2012
madhouse008 said:

Of course this theory is stretching it.
You said it. If that happens, I will grant you the internet forever.
Dec 8, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2014
When that Dragon (Mr. Observer?) said that Bahamut won't remain sealed because Amira has only angel and demon blood, and no human blood in her, I thought he'll say that Amira needs to have a child... with a human... (a strong human... I don't know, Favaro? Maybe?) And the child might inherit the key AND will have angel, demon and human blood...

I don't think Jeanne will be killed. Also, I don't think she'll go to the dark side...
*waiting-patiently-for-big-things-from-Rita...*
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

149 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.