Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 24, 2015 4:35 PM
Aug 2015
chakracat said:
Subs were funnier than the whole episode.

No, it's, "subs were are funniest then whole episode."
Snort my butt toxins
Sep 10, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2015
Sigh....;_;
Tbh I love good Kurumi as evil Kurumi.
...I love all the Kurumis.
It was sad in the end...
I was excited when I saw waifurumi, ANF
Oct 31, 2015 6:05 AM

May 2010
Kurumi is so interesting. This OVA is proof that she is best girl. No doubt about that. I want her arc in S3.
Nov 12, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
Enjoyable episode, but the last part was kinda sad ;_;
Hopefully they meet again.
Dec 29, 2015 7:10 AM

Dec 2014
Well, that was sad. Kurumi (good).... :(

No Origami though....
:'(
Jan 2, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was unexpectedly sad. Did not see that coming BibleThump. Great season 2 though, I'm becoming to like this series even more. Can't wait for the movie! (and I wish season 3).
Jan 12, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Kurumi-chan great episode!!That ending though :'(
Feb 29, 2016 7:29 PM

Apr 2015
This OVA was amazing
Mar 2, 2016 9:41 AM
Mar 2013
Rule of time:
Past remains unchangeable, this Kurumi is the history of original Kurumi, means that original Kurumi has fallen in love with Shido, this OVA has shown that side of Kurumi, I'm impressed.
However, past and present are different from each other. I mean, whatever Kurumi's clone has done or does, that is not denying a fact that Kurumi remains a psycho killer, a cunt.
I rate this 4/5, heartwarming OVA, Kurumi sometimes has a good side. Looking for next season if available.
Mar 12, 2016 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
Damn that was quite the OVA, the lovely Kurumi is the best Kurumi...pretty sad to see her go, but oh well...a 6/10 for me, felt a little lacking at some points.
Mar 22, 2016 2:07 AM
Mar 2016
OK, I joined this forum just to talk about the encore OVA - though I imagine I wil engage more elsewhere.

But…. While I watched Date-A-Live, I was not much of a fan. (I far preferred 'Ah my Goddess' and 'The world God only know.' I watched the remaining episode on my laptop while stuck in hospital with nothing else to do but I was utterly floored by the encore OVA! (Despite the duff subtitling.)

Dropping all previous AMV ideas I am editing up an 'encore' AMV.
I am working hard to make sure it keeps the 'feelz,' is not just a 'here's lip flapping clips with a rock sountrack thrown on it' job and adding … something extra.

Sweet Kurumi is serious WAIFU material. I had to look that word up after all the comments online regarding this episode!
Apr 16, 2016 12:35 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah, definitely the Sweet Kurumi is true Waifu material. Really liked her, she was just glorious in the OVA, but too bad she is gone =/
Jun 15, 2016 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
This OVA was for me a tear jerker. I can't say how perfect this OVA was.
Jul 5, 2016 3:14 PM

Jan 2016
This was just hilarious! Rather amusing n adorable! Love this episode, best i have seen! Date with Kurumi, and quite normal (ish) Kurumi, as we head on to Wedding photo memories awwwwwww!!!! n watch writing n hanging Tanzaku, kotori face when tohka asked what she is writing xD as well what she wrote is just dying for xD Feel really bad for Yoshino and Yoshinon, like seriously, wha the fuu Kurumi xD Feel also quite sad for Kurumi ;_; that s has too end like that There better be another season!!! but there is a movie i haven't watched yet..! lets watch it now!!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 18, 2016 9:15 PM
Mar 2016
OK, it has taken ages in between endless work but here it is!!

My AMV for sweet Kurumi - and I solve 'the problem.' Watch to see what I mean!

https://youtu.be/xoAJWIzY1pU

Please have a look, it took a lot of time/work!
Jul 19, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2011
This was much better than the entire season 2, too bad it was short. Kurumi is the best.
Jul 20, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
This was indeed better than the entire season... just like the OVA before. That kinda gives me hope that the movie will also be better xD
Jul 23, 2016 2:59 PM

Feb 2014
This is better than DAL. Kurumi proves she is the best gurl!!
Sep 11, 2016 8:50 PM
Sep 2016
Does anyone know what's the music when kurumi and shido wears the wedding dress?

P.S sorry for the bad english
Sep 12, 2016 1:36 PM
Sep 2016
Waiting for season 3 like 😧👀
Oct 16, 2016 4:52 PM

Sep 2015
Aww, that was super cute!
Nov 15, 2016 11:28 AM
失礼、噛みました

Oct 2016
What's the name of the instrumental guitar song at the wedding part?

**EDIT**
Nvm, found it (Milk - Date A Live OST)
Dec 19, 2016 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
Shido's day gets blessed by random Kurumi goodness.

Yoshino so cute.

LMAO at Tohka's wish and Kotori's first wish.

Why Kurumi got to do Yoshino like that. lol But we got a pantsu shot because of it.

LMAO I guessed correctly that was what Kurumi told the lady.

My goodness. The Kurumi goodness in that wedding dress.

LMAO at Kotori's reaction.

That Kurumi was a clone? I loved that Kurumi.

Shido is a boss for risking his life to do that for cute Kurumi.

DAT WEDDING PIC!

LMAO at Tohka because her wish came true and then Kotori's reaction.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 21, 2016 4:20 AM
Dec 2016
I hope they'll meet again :) #DateALiveSeason3
Jan 3, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
I can't believe I didn't see that coming! Everything was fine until the ending and I was just screaming "Nooooooo! Not like this!".

It was too good to be true. 8/10
Jan 19, 2017 6:40 PM
Jan 2017
Frickin' beautiful! Kurumi was the highlight in this episode! I want a season 3 now!
Jan 19, 2017 11:36 PM

Mar 2014
Bride Kurumi is Divine.

5/10
Mar 14, 2017 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
Kurumi best waifu

The osts in the background really bring out the atmosphere of these fuwa fuwa moments.

That was such a sad a sad ending.. this is better than the tv series.

They will definitely meet again. T^T
Apr 15, 2017 12:49 AM

Jul 2009
Mmm I'm liking this until that ending—got mixed feelings about it. Love all the interactions between Kurumi and Shidou, but the fact that she was a clone made it feel less genuine. I do enjoy that story in the planetarium though; some touching stuff right there. I hope alter-Kurumi's wish comes true someday!
Apr 8, 2018 6:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The light novel helps alot understand Kurumi more. All her clones and herself are one in both desires and goals, her desire is to time travel to kill the first spirit and stop spirit's existence to ever come to this world, she knows it is a tough road ahead and she is prepared do whatever it takes... this Kurumi "clone" same has from ep7-9 from S1 was a Kurumi that due to Shidou kindness felt, she give up on her desire and choose to be live a normal life...

Problem is that due her existence she was killed by the side of hers that is willing to sacrifice everything to reach that goal of hers, so the main Kurumi lives in perpetum denying and fighting to keep her honest emotions and desires in check, and not to succumb to her girly wish of living and happy and peacefull like with Shidou.

Overall she really is a very interesting and tragic character and this OVA was great to further expand on the inner conflict of Kurumi's desires to be happy vs achieving her goal to deny all spirits from ever existing.

8.6/10 = 9
Nov 4, 2018 3:43 AM

Aug 2017
I liked this more than any of the other episodes.
Nov 21, 2018 4:23 AM

Feb 2018
Tokisaki is indeed the best on date a live, a very romantic date. To be honest my emotions when watching this are mixed up starting from me happy, sad, and to tears at the end of the episode Tokisaki Kurumi turned out to be a shadow but it was undeniable even though she Kurumi's shadow keeps Kurumi at the end, she hopes "Please don't forget me, and I hope we will meet later" the words made me fall in love with Tokisaki Kurumi and finally though the main tokon doubted our heroine as human never misjudge people first. A good idea I hope your request is granted and live happily.
Dec 5, 2018 8:46 AM
Sep 2018
Tennouji said:
The ending is truly very sad. Makes me want to cry. Kurumiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

I literally cry in the wedding scene and the ending it so tragic 😭😭😭😭
Feb 4, 2019 7:52 AM

Jun 2017
Right in the feels you go. God, I feel so sad for that Kurumi. But I'm glad that she achieved to make some memories with Shido. :'(
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 7, 2019 8:28 AM
Feb 2019
That was an interesting episode. I loved it.
Mar 30, 2019 7:41 AM

Mar 2016
Kurumi suddenly meets with Shido and asked to go out on a date with him so that she would be able to create some fond and precious memories with Shido and so Shido would also share these fond memories with Kurumi. All this so that Shido would not forget about her. What I thought about this was that she is about to kill Shido and everyone else some point in the future and this date is a way for her to have fun with everything she's about to destroy especially Shido. Oh, how wrong was I...

To think that such a cute and sweet date contains more meanings within every action they both took in. The date alone already brought a huge smile to my face, and the fact that they went out on a date just because they could and not because Shido have to seal her powers, made this date exceptionally wonderful! Yet it ends up giving me a huge amount of feels. Kurumi who's dating Shido is the kind Kurumi that was once killed by Kurumi. This Kurumi, a past version of herself has limited time to live and she chose to spend that time with Shido. So the thing she said about that she has a terminal illness and her time is limited is not a full lie after all!

Shido made a respectable decision to hang Kurumi's Tanzaku on the highest, tallest and grandest bamboo tree, I do hope that one day, that Kurumi will be able to meet again with Shido once more, no matter how impossible the odds are. This OVA is absolutely beautiful, it might not happen but I also hope that Shido and best girl Kurumi is able to take a beautiful wedding picture together for real in the future. (T^T)
Apr 28, 2019 1:14 AM

Apr 2009
Good thing I watched this today after that horrible season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2019 1:49 AM

Aug 2018
Wow, I found Date A Live very funny most of the time, but this OVA made me quite sad... this version of Kurumi was really adorable & that somehow hurt my feelings when she was retrieved and sent back to the real one.

Especially the very ending when we see the picture of her & Shido, that was heartbreaking.
Nov 10, 2019 11:24 AM

Aug 2014
Too bad he didnt kiss her, he could have sealed and taken some of Kurumi powers. Anyway nice episode ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 11, 2020 2:43 AM
Jul 2019
Wow. Kurumi cemented herself as best girl of the series, not like it already happened the first time I saw her. I have a feeling that that wish will come true. Not the kind of encounter where Kurumi attempts to kill Shido, but that kind where this side of Kurumi meets him. Though it might take a while cause to me, she is the endgame girl, the last girl Shido gets to seal.

Animation is ehh, but that doesn't stop me from seeing a very beautiful Kurumi in a wedding dress. I still wish that AIC Plus+ did the animation in season two like they did in the first.

Great OVA, one that I enjoyed for quite a while. 9/10. Now I'm really excited for Date A Bullet.

Don't worry Tohka, you still get headpats.
Jul 7, 2020 12:05 AM
Nov 2018
Today is Tanabata day And I stuck on an emotional rollercoaster again.
I remember It was 8.03 When I finished the show.
It cant be accepted (Dying inside) God please Number 8 not even that hard.
I wish Kurumi the best of luck again.
Unreachable wishes among the stars It is really a frail tiny fracture of the dream among a universe.
But I still hope for it even though, it is only an unreachable dream that even delusionally wrong.
Because of that appeal, I think that is normally everyone's life too. It is Fragile and Sudden. It feels meaningless.
But that not how life works. You are still living because you believe in that thing.
Your existence, Your goal, Your happiness That is another tiny dream but It is and it always has been like that.
Just Believe If you feel like it, just love it when you feel you love it, cause that is How we are being. Life is a usually simple blink of miracle.
John_Smith_MALJun 30, 2021 12:21 AM
Nov 9, 2020 6:53 AM

Nov 2016
Fuck, this turned into something pretty sad quickly.

And now I love and hate Kurumi at the same time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 21, 2020 5:33 PM

May 2017
Good job translators for being able to translate the talk btw kurumi and yoshino without killing the joke lol

Kurumi didnt lie a single time , even when she said something hot entered inside her XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Apr 3, 2021 7:30 AM
Nov 2020
Totally switched from tohka to kurumi with this episode.
Jun 24, 2022 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
i just couldnt with this ova i have loved everything so far with the series season 1 and ova, and season 2

but this i just hated it for the fact that it wasnt the real Kurumi which is the best Kurumi

but yeah just wanted to say that

now onto the movie
"one step at a time"
Dec 3, 2022 3:20 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kurumi clon, it was a surprise!!! kekeke
Jan 2, 2023 4:29 PM

Nov 2010
Kurumi is cute in that attire! I envy Shido so much. I wish I am the one dating her instead!
12:37 It has been a long time, and I remembered why Kotori is my top 2 waifu in the show, even though I'm not really into lolis anymore.
15:18 I will lick every inch of Kurumi's body!
15:18 I wish there was a hentai version of Date A Live!
Damn, Kurumi in a wedding dress is a 10/10! I will marry her in a heartbeat!
Nice twist in the end. That is why Kurumi is the top waifu!
8/10
Jan 9, 2023 8:16 PM
Nov 2020
I didn’t get a chance to read it, what did Kotori write down on her tanzaku?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by IamAniShash »»
Apr 21, 9:05 AM

» Is this canon?

mechian - Jul 2, 2014

14 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Apr 12, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Power of Kurumi

irrfan1378595783 - Sep 12, 2020

3 by irrfan1378595783 »»
Aug 8, 2023 12:03 PM

» didn't quite expect this.

bunny1ov3r - Dec 14, 2014

17 by Yatagarasu18 »»
Nov 7, 2022 6:04 AM

» Good english subs

BlueTurtleMaster - Dec 12, 2014

20 by Dannime »»
Dec 29, 2015 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.