Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you think Usopp is the most annoying character in one piece?
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 11, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:

I don't think the intention was for readers/viewers to remember all the names. I didn't bother because as with any good narrative, those characters that bear importance would be made to stick out or have the temporary spotlight.

Characters like Jean the bandit (cactus guy), the guy Luffy beat up before even entering the coliseum, Gambia the missionary, Rolling Logan, Maynard etc did not have nearly enough time to register as important (it might seem contradictory because I actually remembered some of their names, but I have a pretty good memory, so don't take me for the norm.)
Those like Don Chinjao, Bart, Cavendish, Sai and Ideo to a certain extent did register as more important.

I've found One Piece (and most shounen) in general to be better marathoned. I feel like too many people lose sight of the bigger picture and interactions when they only follow in increments.
RedRoseFringJul 11, 2015 8:30 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 12, 2015 2:15 AM

Jun 2011
RedRoseFring said:
I don't think the intention was for readers/viewers to remember all the names.
Maybe it wasn't, but it certainly did not make me care to remember, maybe I would have tried if the group was lesser in number, or there were more chapters dedicated to them in the colosseum.

RedRoseFring said:
I've found One Piece (and most shounen) in general to be better marathoned. I feel like too many people lose sight of the bigger picture and interactions when they only follow in increments.
Certainly. There is a certain mindset weekly readers have, which is very incompatible with weekly manga like One Piece, where it takes its time to introduce things. This could be very frustrating.
In my case, if I ever got frustrated, I will just put it on hold and marathon it when some chapters have staked up. This is also why I don't start reading any on going manga nowadays, except for One Piece, because One Piece is too good to be put on hold for too long
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 12, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
RedRoseFring said:
I don't think the intention was for readers/viewers to remember all the names.
Maybe it wasn't, but it certainly did not make me care to remember, maybe I would have tried if the group was lesser in number, or there were more chapters dedicated to them in the colosseum.

RedRoseFring said:
Certainly. There is a certain mindset weekly readers have, which is very incompatible with weekly manga like One Piece, where it takes its time to introduce things. This could be very frustrating.
In my case, if I ever got frustrated, I will just put it on hold and marathon it when some chapters have staked up. This is also why I don't start reading any on going manga nowadays, except for One Piece, because One Piece is too good to be put on hold for too long

I've tried to see the most episodes I could let build up, and so far my highest was close to 20. So far I've let 6 build up, but I feel I'm going to give in 1 or 2 weeks from now.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 31, 2015 5:19 AM
Jan 2014
Nami is the most annoying one for me. She's the one always bitching and displaying some sort of feminism/female superiority/domination over the male crewmembers, which I find extremely annoying.
Jul 31, 2015 5:20 AM

Jun 2015
No, I find Rufy and Sanji more annoying than him
Dec 3, 2015 7:30 PM
Dec 2015
Fuck Usopp! His bitch ass deserves to die
Dec 5, 2015 4:40 PM
Dec 2014
it's his nature in the opposite i respect him despite the fact that he is a coward he still in the crew and still fighting
Mar 3, 2016 11:36 PM
Jul 2014
How can Usopp call himself a Straw Hat? What a spineless coward! So what if he ends up being useless after everyone beats it into his brainless skull? Just kill him off please, for the love of god. He's just a poser character with no more development potential, aside from reworking his character entirely.
Mar 4, 2016 12:22 AM

Nov 2013
Not even close. Nami the gold diggin usless biatch is the most annoying character.
Mar 5, 2016 4:23 PM

May 2015
Outside the skip, the Straw-hats don't actually change in development outside their introductory arc(or just very rarely) and I'm fine with that.

Like that actually applies to almost every recurring character in this series for almost every arc in developing outside their introduction, the last non-strawhat to do so was, what, Ace? Sabo? Well, there's Law and Mingo I guess, but they were recurring in only like 10 chapters before Dressrosa, and Law had literally no character before than anyway.

But even with straw-hats, timeskip aside, like I said in many of these threads before, you should rarely expect developments from the main characters in this series until like the final arc(with Usopp, maybe Elbaf or something), the next stuff just has to do with their interactions and reactions to the characters they meet, and the new(sometimes old) characters interactions. They act mostly the same exact way they acted 700 episodes ago, it's One Piece.

It still looks like this series has ways to go, and if there's a problem with this series it's that if you don't like a main character you're gonna have to hope they grow on you or live with for the next ten years.

Edit: On to Usopp being a coward, actually more on topic, the whole point is he's suppose to be relatable, being weak isn't a character flaw either, not that he is.
ashfrliebertMar 5, 2016 8:46 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Mar 5, 2016 7:16 PM

Feb 2011
batossai said:
So we are 673 episodes into the series and this character is still as useless as ever. he never progresses or develop, in every single arc he acts like a little bitch; he never grows a pair. What is the point of having him the series? his cowardly antics were funny at first, but 673 episodes in and its stale as fuck, its down right annoying. After that time skip i had hopes that he might develop, but he is just as useless as he was before. All he does now is just take up screen time, i really wish he gets written off the series.

I disagree that hes useless; his fights are my favorite to watch because doesnt shonen power up and bulldoze through and actually uses some strategy. In contrast Zoro and Luffy, Etc all just do the same pull new technique out of ass to win.

But I agree he is the same since the time skip and that irks me. But ALL of the characters are the same rehashes of pre skip, woman loving Sanji, monkeying around Luffy, stoic Robin, etc. I think its more because of Oda's poor writing though and not Usopp alone who is developing and regressing every arc cycle; all the SHs grow and then show relapses.
Jul 5, 2016 11:54 AM

Apr 2010
Qans said:
Yeah even though Usopp is my nigga since hes like one of only 3 black ppl in OP i gotta admit hes garbage and useless. how hes even alive still is beyond me

Usopp is black?! Did u already see him since the series turn out 1080p? he has the same color skin as luffy

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 3:53 PM

Jan 2015
Usopp is supposed to be the person we can relate most too with nakama like Luffy and Zorro with Super Strength that surpasses his by far. The reason Usopp is a coward is because he knows his strength and weaknesses when he is fighting a powerful opponent. He is a great sniper and can hit an opponent on every angle on whatever distance he is facing, but his arsenal isn't powerful enough to defeat villains like Trébol (though his abilities as a paramecia is still a mystery to why Usopp's attack didn't have an effect on him?). Usopp takes the rational decisions a normal person irl would do, he is not close enough to risk his life for the tontattans which he just met, and yet he gives in to their cries and act as a true hero/Straw Hat crew member when he decides on doing something really dangerous :3

I know a lot finds him annoying but we have to understand that he is not Luffy, Zorro, Sanji, Franky, Brook or any other with superhuman powers, but hopefully he will face a incredibly powerful opponent which seems impossible to beat and yet he takes action without being a coward and fight an epic battle which will end in a deserving glory to outshine Usopp's past failures (though I don't think he is at all :3)
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jul 7, 2016 8:14 PM

Jun 2014
jppcouto said:
Qans said:
Yeah even though Usopp is my nigga since hes like one of only 3 black ppl in OP i gotta admit hes garbage and useless. how hes even alive still is beyond me

Usopp is black?! Did u already see him since the series turn out 1080p? he has the same color skin as luffy

I know naps when i see them my dude. He is at least half
Jul 31, 2016 4:36 AM

Jul 2013
Always remember about Foxy

The more anime you watch, the less anime you like
Jul 31, 2016 4:44 AM

Dec 2013
He was weak at first, But after the 2 years Time-Skip he got a little stronger with his attacks and won some fights.
Jul 31, 2016 6:20 AM

Feb 2016
Its rather Yes than No, but i remember he won in the Alabasta arc, athough it was pretty bullshit. I like the God Usopp motive :)

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 15, 2016 8:33 PM
Aug 2016
I am finally starting to watch One Piece again after a long time and when I watched Usopp cower in fear, once again, instead of help the Tontatta people I was getting so pissed and annoyed at his cowardly actions. I am really not a fan of Usopp most the time because it takes SOOO much to get him to stand up for basically anything. I applaud him for coming back and fighting in the end but I know that every other crew member would have never ran, even Nami would have fought, and that is what makes me so annoyed with Usopp time and time again.

That being said after witnessing the conclusion of that fight I do hate him less. Sorta...

I mean, he didn't really win, it was just luck that Sugar passed out! Still though, the god scene made me laugh so freaking hard that I'm willing to forgive the little coward and keep trying to love him. Making us laugh is really his only purpose:/
Aug 28, 2016 9:42 AM

Oct 2015
Usopp its like Franky,Nami,Chopper just in anime to make "comedy" well at least franky and chopper can fight not like Nami and Usopp and even Robin is boring seriously the only good ones are Luffy(ofc cuse he is MC) Zoro(my fav) Sanji(i like his style of fighting) and Brook (cmon a swordsman skelleton u have to like him :D).

But remember one piece is not about "being bad ass crew"...so just ignore the ones u dont like and watch for the ones u do like i do. (rhymed nail it xD)
Aug 30, 2016 8:33 PM
Sep 2008
No, I find robin more annoying than him. She is useless and slutty.
Sep 26, 2016 9:09 AM
Dec 2014
He's fighting despite being a coward.I respect him for that.
Oct 26, 2016 11:46 AM
Oct 2016
Nami is the most irritating, selfish, abusive, cowardly, greedy hussy in any anime that i've watched. She needs some of her own medicine ie beaten to a pulp.

Usopp is irritating but Nami's greed and selfishness outweighs Usopp's cowardice and irritating, whiny voice.

A claassic example episode 203 the Straw Hats have just escaped from G8 marine base after nearly being killed, Nami managed to stay out of danger after getting Zorro caught and she wants to go back for "her" treasure. She manages to manipulate them into going back, she only cares about herself and what she can get. From day 1 i was hoping she would meet a nasty end.
Oct 29, 2017 3:06 AM
May 2008
I've just started One Piece. On arlong arc, and Googled "Usopp ruins one piece." It brought me here. I'm under 40 episodes, and he's the only reason I keep dropping and re watching the first 30 episodes. I'll try it, then drop it again for 2 years. Try again. Usopp is the worst character ever in anime. To think you guys are talking about episode 600+ and he's still this bad. I just want to skip every scene he's in. He's the biggest waste of my time ever. Oh help me jeezus. I can't watch this show anymore. He is the sole reason One Piece for me, is un-watchable. I've never thought one character would be a show killer for me. But, alas, here's this thread.
JohnMcClaneOct 29, 2017 3:23 AM
Nov 10, 2017 12:54 AM
Nov 2017
Usopp is one of my favorites, actually. But I've always sort of been drawn to the annoying characters I guess. So he probably is one of the most annoying characters in One Piece but I still love him.
Feb 5, 2018 3:24 PM
Feb 2018
I agree I thought after two years with all the training he’s going to grow a pair
Apr 4, 2018 12:50 AM
Jul 2017
Absolutely agree, the worst part about Usopp is not that he's a coward or a liar, he belittles somebody like the tin soldier for the traits he only can dream about to have and the charisma that draws the Tontattas in to fight with him. It was already bad enough with his idiotic pride during the Water7 incident and after Enies Lobby where he thought he would just naturally be accepted back without saying sorry, despite being the one who caused all the harm and unnecessary drama.
But if you do not agree, think back to the Little Garden arc, where he was head over heels with the giants and their ways of living, you'd expect at least some degree of admiration towards Soldier-san but nnnope, badmouths him instead. Sure, nobody is asking you to do all the work and beat them all up but at least you can be a litttttle bit more sympathetic or emotionally supportive for others.
I did try to give him time to improve, I did, everybody changed so much over the time they spend as the Straw Hat pirates but he, he's the same old liar from that village with blessed 360noscope aim.
Apr 8, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
If someone marathons One Piece from the beginning (like i did year ago lol) you can say it's very annoying character. He had very much screen time and he isn't person that you would be proud to be friend of or even know him. Cheeky coward.

But he had two breaking-point moments: Water Seven arc, fight between him and Luffy, where he showed guts and also post-time skip usopp, that is more powerful and more brave. He is changing!

But my point is that those people that marathon One Piece had like 99% of scenes with Usopp as a coward from the beginning. If you look at Dressrosa arc or now, Big Mom arc, there is NO usopp. I watch One Piece weekly and i almost forgot about the existence of this character, i just recognize his "power-level" after time skip, and have him in mind as pretty legit guy. Usopp experiences probably the biggest metamorphosis among OP characters, except Luffy.

He could be annoying in the beginning, some people can dislike him even now, which is understandable, but he definately isnt annoying now. I can't say he's annoying because he's on screen so rarely nowadays, even if you don't like him you can bear with one mr. usopp scene per 50eps xD

Apr 8, 2018 8:12 AM
Jul 2015
Usopp is funny not annoying
Apr 8, 2018 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
I was talking about moments when his personality has changed very drastically. Of course he helps the crew very often along the way.

Also he upgrades my ships for cola in One Piece Treasure Cruise too x)

Apr 8, 2018 8:50 AM

Jul 2015
Usopp Still better than sakura so no.
Apr 8, 2018 8:53 AM

Jul 2013
U got me by those "2 shinning moments" xD

Apr 8, 2018 9:16 AM

Feb 2018
My main problem with the guy is, HE DOES NOT USE HIS F*CKING SKILLS!!!!!

Admit it.. we know he is a pussy when it comes to up-front fighting, and it is understandable, since he is simply a 'human'... he does not have any devil fruit like luffy, nnor some superhuman strength like zoro or sanji, nor skills like Nami....

BUT, he is the most BADASS SNIPER to ever exist in the history of One Piece....

I mean, in Dressrosa, he shot a projectile from one hill to another hill, which was over a hundred kilometres away, THROUGH A WINDOW- HOLE WITH PIN-POINT ACCURACY..... that was some badass shit right there...

Also, in Enies Lobby, he shot projectiles from the top of a tower towards the marines with near-zero visibility and a heavy wind as well... AND HE STILL MANAGED TO HIT EVERY SINGLE F*CKING ONE OF THEM WITH ZERO COLLATERAL DAMAGE (neither of the projectiles hit Franky or Robin)....

Also, he is pretty good at sneaking up and hiding..... So.....

WHY THE F*CK DOESN"T HE USE HIS F*CKING SNIPING SKILLS TO THE USE????

I am pretty sure so many of the arcs that we have seen, would have been A LOT LESS shorter, if he would actually put his sniping skills to use....

Alas... all that talent goes down the drain....

I hope Oda senpai thinks up something for him.
Apr 8, 2018 10:08 AM

May 2016
I droped this anime, it's far complex and annoying to watch

First got me hate right off the bat, Ussop is trash
Jul 20, 2019 9:39 AM
Jun 2019
Maybe. But there is something more annoying than that, yeah boa. maybe?
Jul 23, 2019 11:00 AM
Apr 2016
I believe he changed quite a lot after the timeskip, still a coward, but not as big of a coward like at the first episodes.
Aug 18, 2019 8:29 PM
Aug 2019
Darthsmith said:
If someone marathons One Piece from the beginning (like i did year ago lol) you can say it's very annoying character. He had very much screen time and he isn't person that you would be proud to be friend of or even know him. Cheeky coward.

But he had two breaking-point moments: Water Seven arc, fight between him and Luffy, where he showed guts and also post-time skip usopp, that is more powerful and more brave. He is changing!

But my point is that those people that marathon One Piece had like 99% of scenes with Usopp as a coward from the beginning. If you look at Dressrosa arc or now, Big Mom arc, there is NO usopp. I watch One Piece weekly and i almost forgot about the existence of this character, i just recognize his "power-level" after time skip, and have him in mind as pretty legit guy. Usopp experiences probably the biggest metamorphosis among OP characters, except Luffy.

He could be annoying in the beginning, some people can dislike him even now, which is understandable, but he definately isnt annoying now. I can't say he's annoying because he's on screen so rarely nowadays, even if you don't like him you can bear with one mr. usopp scene per 50eps xD

I have marathoned for the past two years or so, and to me he is even worse now... The thing is, he has very great moments, whenever he decides to act like a human being and do something, but, personally, i completely hate his character concept, just as I do with any other "coward" characters. The thing that annoys me the most is that he spent two years in training, got much stronger, and still acts the same, so whats the point of training?
but, like i said, i absolutely hate the concept, so that kills any possibility of sympathy i could have for him... I mean, chopper is just as afraid, but never runs from a fight, going as far as risking his life on monster point two times before learning to control it, and nami is useful for other things (without her, the ship goes nowhere). As a sniper, usopp's sole purpose is to fight, if he's always scared, running or lying to avoid a fight, why is he even there?
Aug 18, 2019 9:37 PM

Aug 2015
For me it is Brook. Like, I still don't understand why he is in the crew to begin with (besides the foreshadow of Luffy wanting a musician back in the East Blue).

Ussop is kinda annoying for the same reason as Luffy: they just scream left and right in every situation. That's one of the reason the anime is almost unbearable for me.
Aug 19, 2019 4:35 AM
Aug 2017
Yes, I hate him for this reason😖and in my opinion he and brook are useless
NisReen_senpaiAug 19, 2019 4:38 AM
Apr 15, 2020 7:58 PM
Apr 2020
gettogaara said:
Out of the strawhats, as of late I'd have to agree. Definitely not in the whole show though.

It could be, as usopp is a part of the Straw Hats and will be shown in fights more than any enemy constantly.
Apr 15, 2020 7:59 PM
Apr 2020
Eltrik said:
Yeah I'd rationalize Usopp as the "if you were in one piece character" - the one normal human without any extraordinary strength besides being able to live throughout all the fights so far.

He does have good reason to stay hidden and far away from trebol, but it's also pretty baffling that he doesn't even try to snipe that fake grape into sugar's mouth.

Is he the most annoying character? Nah
Do I wish he would have more independent strength? Yeah

On that note, Nami and Chopper aren't that far from Usopp's position.

Nami is similar in fights, i agree. However, she can help by navigating and she is very good at it. Chopper also tries to face the opponent and not just run away or trick his way or some other thing usopp does.
Apr 16, 2020 7:48 AM
Apr 2020
Netsui-sama said:
Usopp is amazing. I, however, completely understand where people are coming from. Up until the time skip, I continued to think, when will he do something huge? Obviously, he wouldn't take on the main guy though, he’s smarter than that. I also know that, from his lies or accidental helpfulness, he gets people to like and follow him. Like in the Dressrosa arc he got the Coliseum people to help luffy which if he didn't do that, they would've had no chance. Also, in one of the most recent episodes, he got WAY stronger. He developed Observation Haki, allowing him to shoot sugar from several miles away, through one pane of a window, with ammo the size of the window pane, with a friggin sling shot.

Even before this, actually, since usopp was introduced to the series back in the 10s of episodes, he has been shown to do inhuman things such as jump off cliffs and live and so on.

Another ability that many people theorize that he has is that all his lies come true, like the ones he told the girl back at his home. For example, he came across a giant goldfish that's poop was the size of islands. You can probably google the rest.

***All things considered, I actually believe usopp is the most developed character in the show power wise and personality wise period.***

Think about it for a minute.

(If you don't want to read everything, just read Luffy and then skip to Usopp.)

Luffy:
Power: Did you ever think he wasn't going to defeat the main guy? No. You didn't. You expected it. You thought it would be boring otherwise. Yes he gets way stronger but again, that was expected. Don’t get me wrong. I love luffy. He’s awesome.

Personality: Did you ever expect him to abandon his friends? No. He always did and always will. That’s what you expected and that’s how it is. You never once thought, "He’s going to run away and abandon them." or "he’s going to give up."
That’s luffy that’s how he is. That doesn’t change or develop. Personally, I want him to get into a situation he can’t handle. I want him to lose dreadfully. Sort of like what happened before they were separated. He needs to lose and be backed up by his friends as they tell him that he doesn’t have to do it alone. Again sort of like Thriller bark. You get my point. I’ll continue...

Zoro:
Power: Same as luffy pretty much. He will always beat the "second in command". He'll get stronger and always beat the second in command again. It’s to be expected.

Personality: He is a little more "something" with personality. He mopes around sleeping on the boat where his only job is lowering and raising the anchor and little other things. He sleeps in dangerous situations like tornados or something. He’s lazy, in a word. However, he fights with a full-fledged loyalty and care for his captain and friends. This is expected, seeing as he’s straw hat #2.

Nami:
Power: She is actually the weakest in the crew. For those of you who thank differently, she is the sakura of one piece. Maybe a little better. On sea, she would probably be the one piece Naruto because the others would be lost without her. She usually doesn't do main 1vs1 fights. She does sometimes. Seeing as she is one of the few straw-hat that has wide range attacks, she usually keeps to taking out large numbers of grunt no-name guys. She’s not dumb. She only fights those she knows she can beat. When she does do something amazing during fights, we say, “Way to go sakur- I mean Nami." When in actuality, she is just outsmarting her opponent which is perfectly fine.
Also, let’s not forget... Usopp made her weapon. She would suck so badly with that wooden stick she use to have. Granted, he made it for a party trick thing or whatever, but not only did he make an otherwise worthless crew mate off sea stronger, he made the show more interesting using her. Sad you guys are in this discussion yet? Just wait...

Personality: At the start of the show, she pissed me off with her blackmailing, and selfish, obnoxious attitude. However, I didn’t give up. I waited for her to grow a heart. As of the recent episodes, sometimes I feel I’m still waiting. But she has definitely made me think that she has almost crossed the bridge all the way.

Ps. please keep reading. I promise I’m getting there.

Sanji:
Power: He is usually considered the 3rd strongest. Seeing that he is kicking based, he can’t go much distance right? He'd be stronger if he punch too right? Yes and No. He’s shown that he can withstand his own battles. He usually defeats the #3 enemy or even the #4 as well sometimes. Again this is to be expected of sanji. He is the one that takes #3 three. That’s what we always think. We see a group of three enemies. If we can somehow tell which one is the 3rd strongest, we think, "Yup, that guy is getting beat by Sanji." with the others, we think, "he’s going to get beat by Zoro and the main guy by Luffy." This sometimes differs however, depending on what kind of abilities the enemies have. Like, if #3 enemy uses swords, he’s fighting Zoro.

Personality: I actually find him to be hysterically funny when he goes on girl rampages. That’s my opinion. I don't like however that he is sometimes outright rude to the male characters that aren't luffy. But he grows to like them all, still screwing around with them when they want food or something. Also, his girl thing becomes a plot point in fish man arc if you guys can recall. He was bleeding out. That wasn't comedy relief. It was a legitimate problem. Meaning, his personality, was a plot point. Not many characters in any kind of show can say that...Usopp can.

Robin
Power: I saw that someone said that Robin is one of the useless characters. Let me give you reasons why I don't think she is. Her ability is very exhausting to her. When she uses the wings for the first time, at thriller bark, she falls from exhaustion after just 7 seconds. Also, she can’t just break anyone’s neck. Yes, she may have been able to break sugars neck but we will never know for sure and it’s actually good she didn't. If she did, Usopp wouldn't have been the savior and be followed by the Coliseum fighters as God Usopp. Also, she may have been able to break the gross guy next to her (can’t think of his name) (see directly below personality for explanation) Also, she can’t break the necks of the powerful guys, because they could escape easily. She usually uses that specific ability for large scale grunt wipe-outs.

Personality: I find her to be quite mysterious and she leaves me wondering about the lost century and want her involvement is further then what has been explained so far. This mystery adds flavor to the show. Also, when she first join the straw hats after Alabasta, I found myself having a difficult time accepting her as a crew mate, despite want to. I felt she just said, "Can I join?" And Luffy is like, "sure." This is what happened. I hated that. However, after and during the CP9 arc, I found myself seeing her as more of a part of the crew, mainly after she screamed to Luffy that she wanted to live.

Ps: 1 thing I can tell you for sure. That guy ISN'T a logia. He's a paramecia. As you can see, he can’t turn his body into mucous (or whatever his ability is). He can create it. He cannot turn his body into it. He probably made the cloths out of his mucous crap to make people think he was a logia, so they would hit him with anti-logia attacks and watch as it didn’t work.

Chopper
Power: I’ll get straight to him as his strongest. In monster form he is probably the 2nd or 3rd most powerful straw-hat. Hands down. I cannot wait until the wanted posters, and bounties for the straw-hat crew go up. I believe Chopper's bounty will go from 50 beli up to AT LEAST around 250 million beli. I have no doubt about that.

Personality: I wanted to point out here to those who don’t enjoy the Scenes on the boat that those are where a lot of character development and interactions occur. And it is also another story in its own. Some people (including me) cant or couldn’t (me) realize that this is a large part to one piece. Were just in it for the fighting. It took me until I was watch this shows new episode a week to realize this. Yes, it can be boring but if a part of anime you like is the characters and you focus on them a lot. These are important. Chopper is a huge part of many boat scenes as his carelessly kind attitude and childish demeanor can actually bring the crew together. If I had to think of one of the most important things about chopper and why he is useful... Along with Luffy, they are both the center of the crew. They both bring everyone together. :)

Franky:
Power: He is probably in the same power group as Brook, and Robin, meaning they're all around the same power. As the ship mechanic, the ship is actually another part of his potential. For example, His armor he puts on with the stuff in the ship and the fact that the first thought of the people on an approaching ship isn’t "oh crap luffy is on that ship." it’s more like, "Oh crap! Franky, the weapon and ship builder/inventor, and Usopp, the best sniper in the world is on that ship!" Otherwise, on land, he is the one that usually takes down many lower ranking, but still higher than grunt guys.

Personality: I feel that Franky is actually the comic relief character. He is usually the one doing goofy or silly things or things you just outright don’t expect from one piece. For example, he suddenly French kisses the Gonk women from the smile factory, for the sole reason to get her to shut up. Is silly personality, however, doesn’t mean he is completely oblivious. He still has his moments that punch you in the kokoro. (Heart)

Brook:
Power: As potentially the fastest character in the straw hats, I actually feel like they can still do more with him. They should have become the speed based character that can counter other ones while still using his supreme strength and sword skills to destroy his opponents. Not only that, he can freeze people with his ice sword, slowing them down and/or completely stopping them.

Personality: Not only does he present his own occasional comic relief, I don’t think many people have thought of the true meaning behind him, laboon and the rest of the straw hats. Yes, we feel sorry for him and laboon and can’t wait for the reunion and all, but that's not what I mean. Since the beginning of the show, we had very few large scale dreams that required traveling the grand line. Yes, the closest would be Zoro, Franky, Robin and maybe Sanji. Zoro wants to become the strongest swordsman. He can do that pretty much anywhere with Hawkeye. Franky wants his ship to travel the grand line. This would probably be third in grand line required. Yes it completely needs the grand line, but if the ship breaks or it doesn’t make it, he can just make another, and try again. Robin wants to learn of the lost century. This is a mystery. Maybe the ponaglyph she needs is in Luffy's home town. Who knows? Sanji wants to find the all blue that may or may not exist and he doesn’t even know if it’s in the grand line...I’m no saying these aren’t plot points. they are and probably will all be fulfilled, but getting to the end of the grand line was pretty much all about the one piece but know they need to get to laboon as well by going all the way around.

Note: If you read the whole thing so far, Before you read Usopp, you might want to re-read the sentence at the top that has these "***". I appreciate those who have read this far. I know it’s long. I just really enjoy this show, and would love to hear what you guys say. Just don’t attack me with rude and obnoxious statements as a lot of this is just my opinions supported with in-show facts and examples.

Ps. I’m going to kind of do what I did with Luffy here. It will make sense.

USSOP:
Power: Did you ever expect usopp to do anything? No. Did you expect him to beat anyone sense the beginning of the show? Maybe one guy? Probably not. Did you expect him to something useful out of combat like other characters have? Neh. Well... He did ALL those. Unlike Luffy where you expected him to do this and he did. Or you expected Luffy to do that and he ended up doing it. We never expected Usopp to do very much of anything. However, he did something more meaningful each and every arc. The biggest thing he’s done so far was defeating sugar the way he did. Defeating sugar alone was meaningful. If he didn’t, luffy would be a toy, the crew would forget him, and sense Luffy is the reason they are there and together, they may in turn forget all forget each other, and many other chaotic thing might have happened. Thank you uUsopp. You kept my favorite anime running, because if he didn’t beat sugar, the show would be done unless some random person somehow got to sugar and beat her.
Note: I know that wouldn't happen because the show was meant to go past that. I’m just saying.

Personality: For a long time we expected Usopp to be a coward and continuously get "we shouldn't do this or that disease". However, he was almost never a cowered when he knew he shouldn't. And if he was afraid, he fought his fears so he could save his friends.
THE POWER OF USOPP COMPELS YOU!

Usopp is one of my favorite characters (not my #1). I hope those of you who couldn't see his greatness have turned your faith towards God Usopp. Those of you who still don't like him, I respect your opinion and I hope you respect mine.

Top 5 fave characters

#1-Bartolomeo
#2-Brook
#3-Sanji
#4-Luffy
#5-Usopp

100% agree great analysis mate, well said.
Apr 16, 2020 7:49 AM
Apr 2020
"You mean "whichever character acts in a way I don't want them to act?"
Lmao exactly
Apr 16, 2020 8:27 AM
Apr 2015
Go_D_Usopp said:

Lol, thanks. I posted that 5 years ago. I completely forgot about this. My grammar was awful, but I still agree with what I was saying here. Glad I could do well for our lord and savior.
Netsui-samaApr 16, 2020 8:31 AM
Apr 16, 2020 9:47 AM
Apr 2020
Netsui-sama said:
Go_D_Usopp said:

Lol, thanks. I posted that 5 years ago. I completely forgot about this. My grammar was awful, but I still agree with what I was saying here. Glad I could do well for our lord and savior.

Thank you, kind sir, great to see that you're still informing others on this platform to this day. Did your top 5 change btw, just curious.
Apr 16, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2019
Nope, Nami is.. You just didn't realized it yet because you were too busy staring at her boobies insted of listening her speeches.
Apr 16, 2020 2:53 PM
Apr 2020
Honestly, this is a dumb forum post if we look at the series currently lol as there are characters like Shirahoshi (cries too much), Stelly, Spandam, Charlos (not much to say here), and Flampe (vain, sadistic brat) who are all very annoying One Piece characters.
May 7, 2020 1:15 PM
May 2020
tr1ckst3r said:
Admit it, no matter how bad you hate Usopp, You always had that goosebumps whenever he done some shit right.

Actually NO! I really really despise that character....one piece is my most favorite anime yet if I would ever come to be bored of it, it will be Ussop's fault.
I was actually quite happy with his development in Alabasta Arc but then when he started scrambling again in sky island and Water7 (OMG... don't let me start on that arc; he was like the unreasonable Brat, Many think that he is so brave; challenging luffy even if his chances are 1000:1, but I think it was just a waste of plot. He should have been replaced with some other levelheaded sniper ) I got irritated. That was at least before time skip but even after 2 years of training, he was still a pussy. In doressorosa, He again tried to run but you have to fill the plot, so again Oda showed us how brave he turned....bullshit
May 7, 2020 1:43 PM

Jul 2016
NamikazeHime said:
Nope, Nami is.. You just didn't realized it yet because you were too busy staring at her boobies insted of listening her speeches.

Exactly!I always found Nami the most annoying out of the crew.She's my least favourite straw hat.
To answer this thread,I never found Usopp annoying because i feel it's reasonable for him to react to the things the way he does,since he has to do his best to survive in a world full of people much stronger than him.I feel like people give too much flak to cowardly characters sometimes,when the way they act is completely justified within context.
SummerynMay 7, 2020 1:46 PM
May 7, 2020 5:55 PM

Dec 2019
If you can’t respect my boi usopps drip then you shouldn’t be fw one piece smh
Double cup full of purrp, you can see me leanin.
May 7, 2020 11:58 PM
Apr 2020
for e he was annoying up until the water 7 arc, after that i have grown to not hating on him even quite liking the character. But still he is not one of my favorite character, not even close
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.