Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 16, 2009 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I could not wait so saw something with Chinese subs. The episode is incredible! Erza actually knocked out all these guards around the train station and the Master of Fairy Tale was surprised with that letter from Mirajane, it nice because the letter's message was holographic kind of reminded me of Star Wars stuff. Action is great! Erza was incredible I must have been action/excited, the only problem was this semi naked magical transformation and so surprised...she can change weapons at any time with another weapon from sword to spear to double swords...Erza is amazing! Lucy's cancer was good too, cut a lot of weapons from the enemy and their hair *laugh*. Gray's ice magic was great too...he froze the guy in the end and got him before with ice punches. Natsu will have some fight next episode against that same guy he was against in the train. If I have anything to share is this...most exciting part for me...totally in love with Erza's fighting style with this episode (especially at this part) but not her personality=>Is it my imagination or Lucy's breasts looked bigger here and bounced more than other episodes?=>
The music around the 16:50 was good too and with Erza's fight also. Once again I look forward of more Erza fights....a lot more!
Beyonder said:
I expect them to use a combination of fire and ice to break the wind wall

That wind wall looks really hard to break and I wonder why is that? Is Eligor that strong or Erza has not enough magic strenght?
francismeunierNov 16, 2009 9:37 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 16, 2009 9:28 AM
Oct 2009
I found it quite funny that all of the guild masters went O_O after reading the letter. Erza was quite awesome and I expect them to use a combination of fire and ice to break the wind wall
Nov 16, 2009 12:25 PM

Aug 2007
Wow. Erza is beyond awesome. :D I seriously can't wait for my fights with her in it. Other then that I enjoyed this episode. It was great to see how Gray fights.
Nov 16, 2009 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
fail episode...
the animation with gray and erza were retarded o_O
just some random images and blackscreens -_-
Nov 16, 2009 1:14 PM

Aug 2008
Nothing special in any way. It's kind of ridiculous that they take "the strongest woman in fairy tale" and degrade her a bit with a magical girl transformation sequence. Then rather than take arms and fight, Lucy pushes her boobs up and puts on a baby voice. If the jokes themselves were novel in any way I wouldn't have been annoyed, but the sheer audacity of the cliches is a little depressing.
Nov 16, 2009 2:54 PM

Feb 2009
Even with all the over-the-top emphasis on the bodies and busy size of Erza and Lucy, I still think the two of them make a pretty good team.

I fell in love with Erza today, and now I can see why she's always kicking Natsu's ass. xD

But even saying that, the episode was kick-ass in the action department, the plot was dropping some to add in some randomness and all those fighting scenes, but I don't mind this time. Natsu x Gray is staying my OTP since they act gay for each other whenever she gets mad. :p
DarcyDNov 16, 2009 7:42 PM

Nov 16, 2009 3:02 PM

Sep 2007
I certainly hope they don't continue with Erza's stock mahou shoujo transformations scene.
Nov 16, 2009 4:35 PM

Feb 2009
Dropped..
Nov 16, 2009 4:36 PM

Jul 2008
makarov expression when he heard about the team was hysterical!
and anyone else feel a little sorry for the dark guild having to face off fairy tail?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 16, 2009 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
Boobs...@_@
That's what caught my attention,,

Watching Erza's transformation is somewhat nostalgic to Sailor Moon XD
Oh her power looks like Musica's from Rave i think
Nov 16, 2009 5:48 PM

Aug 2009
The only reason I gave this ep a 5 is because Erza is too awesome. Too cool +_+

And possibly the only reason I'll keep watching this anime is because I want to keep Erza kicking asses!!! >8)

Nov 16, 2009 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
Erza sure is powerful. Natsu has a rivalry there.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 16, 2009 8:03 PM

Nov 2009
Hmmm I don't really like Erza's type to be honest, well It was a pretty good episode... for me I thought that cat trying to remember what he/she needed to tell Lucy something... Well its an okay series I guess, I do wish it wasn't as kiddy though. Oh Francismeunier I think Lucy did get bigger all of a sudden...
Nov 16, 2009 8:04 PM

Feb 2009
Erza is hot in that metal angel armor. :3

Combat animation still seems to be lacking though, quite a shame but oh well, I can get used to it.
Nov 16, 2009 8:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Nothing special in any way. It's kind of ridiculous that they take "the strongest woman in fairy tale" and degrade her a bit with a magical girl transformation sequence. Then rather than take arms and fight, Lucy pushes her boobs up and puts on a baby voice. If the jokes themselves were novel in any way I wouldn't have been annoyed, but the sheer audacity of the cliches is a little depressing.

Exactly, this episode just was...MAJOR FAILURE

Especially Erza's "transformation seuquence"...Sorry...but NO.If I keep watching this abomination, my eyes would go blinder.

Dropped. Can't stand this insult to the manga anymore.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 16, 2009 9:10 PM

Nov 2008
The action felt more like staring at TV static. I had no emotion during the "action". Bad jokes threw everything off. The pacing was FAIL! It was a "meh" episode.
Nov 16, 2009 9:31 PM

Sep 2008
those 3 could actually destroy a city XD
cant help to love the way erza does things like, is it that hard to make a figth like Gray`s more often, without so many dammed magic circles...aside for lucy`s summonings thats the only thing i hate about this aanime
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 16, 2009 10:11 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Erza's transformation was kinda cool. Sorta reminded me of Sailor Moon.

Nov 16, 2009 11:40 PM
Oct 2007
I fell asleep and had to re-watch. The comedic timing is extremely poor. Erza's The Knight is really cool but mahou shoujo in a shounen show is absolute failure. That was so wrong.
Nov 17, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2009
what the fuck?!

why the fuck would they pull a sailormoon crap sequence on erza?

the comedy timing in this episode is the worst by far,and they are going too slow

if it keeps on like this we will see the demon only after 2 episodes or 3,I was hoping we will see the final fight next week...but I guess thats too much to ask

if they keep making such bad quality episodes with fail humor sequences,this show is gonna be canceled
Nov 17, 2009 2:35 AM

Dec 2008
Fan service always plagues shows in need of a boost.
There is a limit right?
Nov 17, 2009 3:09 AM

Sep 2008
wow I rly liked Erza <3
she is beautifull *_*
Nov 17, 2009 3:30 AM

Sep 2007
Erza, you rule.
Erza made this episode good.
I don't remember the magical girl thing... But in the others transformations, i don't saw that...
Nov 17, 2009 3:49 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
It's kind of ridiculous that they take "the strongest woman in fairy tale" and degrade her a bit with a magical girl transformation sequence. Then rather than take arms and fight,

Yeahm I totally agree with you. The magical tranformation was ridiculous mainly because it does not suit Erza's personality at all.
noteDhero said:
Lucy pushes her boobs up and puts on a baby voice. If the jokes themselves were novel in any way I wouldn't have been annoyed, but the sheer audacity of the cliches is a little depressing.

So I was right about this boobs thing, with bouncing not to mention non mature reactions to Erza's transformation. This confirms much.
Wasabi said:
I certainly hope they don't continue with Erza's stock mahou shoujo transformations scene.

Once again agreed about that transformation, to continue it would be ridiculous and not suit Erza at all.
Laevantein said:
Boobs...@_@
That's what caught my attention,,

Yes, Lucy's caught my attention specifically...also I wonder about something:whose breasts are bigger....Lucy's or Erza's? They look like almost the same but Lucy's look bigger than Erza's.
Laevantein said:
Watching Erza's transformation is somewhat nostalgic to Sailor Moon XD
Oh her power looks like Musica's from Rave i think

Ah, yes the sailor moon stuff...it does not suit Erza at all. Her fights are what is incredible.
Pirating_Ninja said:
Oh Francismeunier I think Lucy did get bigger all of a sudden...

That is what I though, thank you for the confirmation...I wonder how kids will like that? Sex hormones rise?
0men said:
what the fuck?!

the comedy timing in this episode is the worst by far,and they are going too slow

if it keeps on like this we will see the demon only after 2 episodes or 3,I was hoping we will see the final fight next week...but I guess thats too much to ask

if they keep making such bad quality episodes with fail humor sequences,this show is gonna be canceled

Someone go slap and yell at the director please! Now if possible that might be Japan. He needs to wake up to this...
francismeunierNov 17, 2009 3:57 AM

Nov 17, 2009 3:58 AM

Apr 2009
0men said:
what the fuck?!

liek totally.. i was gonna puke there -_-

and teh comedy is repetitive x(
there wasnt such thing in teh manga
Nov 17, 2009 4:33 AM

Oct 2009
smokes said:
0men said:
what the fuck?!

Blame it on the "This anime is for kids" thing?

Nov 17, 2009 4:57 AM

Jan 2009
Bob.. wtf? xD
And Lucy's body is apparanlty very "boyoyoyngy" xD
Also, Gray's spontaneous stripping is still as lol as always xD..
Erza awesomeness (Why am I thinking 'Unlimited Blade Works'?), and despite the Sailor Moon-ish transformation Erza is still awesome, but then Lucy's boobs have apparantly grown from the last episode, which is a minus =.=' and unfortunately, even Erza's boobs were expanded when she equipped her magic armor D: They have a tendency to do these things to female characters, don't they?
Oh well, Gray's fighting was pretty cool too, not the best I've seen though, when it comes to ice : p

francismeunier said:
I could not wait so saw something with Chinese subs.

I still think you should wait at least 'til the English subs, but oh well, not my business really anyway >.>
Oh and btw, is creating a discussion thread some kind of competition? O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 17, 2009 6:34 AM
Oct 2009
Wow, some people obviously are not enjoying this show. Didn't know that was possible. Then again, I didn't read the manga.

I find this show pretty good in general. Rarely is there ever a dull moment in this show, as it's always moving to different situations and gags. The spontaneous comedic elements are brief, and they really don't get in the way of the progression of the actual story.

I didn't find the fight scenes bad in this show. Maybe that's just because anything looks good after watching something horrifyingly bad like The Sacred Blacksmith? Personally me, I don't mind the fight scenes at all, and I rather am amused by the inclusion of spontaneous comedic elements in between.
A2ZOMGNov 17, 2009 6:40 AM
Nov 17, 2009 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I think they did Erza's transformations quite well...but there was some really poor editing at times in the episode.
Nov 17, 2009 7:36 AM

Oct 2009
Erza's power is some good stuff, I'm glad.
Plus, just like it should be with DtB SE 2, cut out that goddamn mahou shoujo transformation. It really bugs me and I'm likely not the only one here.
Nov 17, 2009 8:26 AM

May 2008
Wow x3 erza looked really cool in her warrior outfit . But she was wiped out after fighting :S And actually to think of it , then why is Lucy soo weak ? like she's the main character . The only normal gate key she has is that mermaid girl.
Nov 17, 2009 8:28 AM

Jul 2009
hahaha
you guys are so harsh.
it was a good episode but the beggining is slow.
theyre breezing through the manga.
hopefully that doesnt mean too much fillers.
once the later arcs come ill be more excited... dont worry non manga readers, it gets better.
Nov 17, 2009 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
Ahahaah, a very good ep! Funny and cool.
Totally love Erza and Gray <3

Boooob xD What is it with that man? xDD

Lucy looks like a bit different, it's true.

Yep, Erza reminds of Sailor Moon a bit too, while changing her armour, but it's okay, I think. She's sooooo cute *_____*
And ya, the music is just epic! I think OST will be great.
Nov 17, 2009 9:11 AM
Oct 2009
i must say...the show is gettin better...cant wait next eps...the big battle
Nov 17, 2009 9:49 AM

Apr 2009
onto the manga
Nov 17, 2009 10:01 AM

May 2009
I was wondering what is the thing that Happy forgot to tell Lucy, and it just somehow came to my mind.

Btw good episode, and thankfully there was no shitty repeated Natsu attack animation (instead, there was Erza's), and they gave us some fanservice too, just like in the manga. Just some more animation improvation, a bit characterdesign change and it will be perfect.
Nov 17, 2009 10:04 AM
Oct 2009
LalluOlen- said:
Wow x3 erza looked really cool in her warrior outfit . But she was wiped out after fighting :S And actually to think of it , then why is Lucy soo weak ? like she's the main character . The only normal gate key she has is that mermaid girl.
Yeah, Lucy could stand to be developed better. After you watch The Sacred Blacksmith however, I honestly think Lucy looks like a complete badass in comparison to someone like Cecily Campbell though LMAO.
Nov 17, 2009 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
Why? Lucy hasn't done anything. I don't care about either since they're both deplorable characters who rely on the strength of everyone around them.
Nov 17, 2009 11:18 AM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:
smokes said:
0men said:
what the fuck?!

wat ? no, the humor does not to do anything with the kids x)
Nov 17, 2009 11:27 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Why? Lucy hasn't done anything. I don't care about either since they're both deplorable characters who rely on the strength of everyone around them.
Lucy basically goes to Fairy Tail to improve abilities (and to be cool, of course), doesn't she? I guess she's shown some big improvements in the manga so far.
Nov 17, 2009 11:31 AM

Apr 2009
tomin said:
Lucy basically goes to Fairy Tail to improve abilities (and to be cool, of course), doesn't she? I guess she's shown some big improvements in the manga so far.

nah, anyway her fighting techniques sucks x)
just calling out those spirits and thats all rofl
Nov 17, 2009 11:49 AM

Oct 2009
smokes said:
francismeunier said:
smokes said:
0men said:
what the fuck?!

wat ? no, the humor does not to do anything with the kids x)

I am talking about the sailor moon crap sequence someone mentioned.
viral_hun said:
I was wondering what is the thing that Happy forgot to tell Lucy, and it just somehow came to my mind.

Is what you say not going to happen in the next episode with Happy?

Nov 17, 2009 12:51 PM

Feb 2009
francismeunier said:
Is it my imagination or Lucy's breasts looked bigger here and bounced more than other episodes?=>

They definitely look bigger...much bigger :O But that's not bad at all ^_^

And Erza in her magic armor looks realy sexy :P

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 17, 2009 4:39 PM
Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Lucy isn't constantly being the butt of sex jokes, and generally speaking she sucks less and somewhat demonstrates something that resembles a backbone.

Cecily is fail incarnate. Little initiative, unable to do anything, sucks up a lot to Luke, always the subject of the titty talk. Granted, Lucy sucks quite a bit from what I've seen, but not nearly to the embarrassing extent that Cecily does.
A2ZOMGNov 17, 2009 4:46 PM
Nov 17, 2009 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
Except Lucy willingly exploits herself rather than rely on her own strength. I think that's more embarrassing. But then Lucy isn't the main character so it balances out.
Nov 17, 2009 5:09 PM

Sep 2008
Mahou shoujo + Unlimited Blade Works = Erza.

Just that.
Nov 17, 2009 9:34 PM
Jul 2009
*sigh* I really hope the animation gets better than this. Especially the fighting sequences. :P

And I think I can overlook the Sailor Moon transformation thingy because Erza looks so freaking HOT!! XD
Nov 18, 2009 12:38 AM

Sep 2008
It looked like the transformation sequence was solely to get the reaction from the audience. Maybe so they wouldn't run away from the powerful attack heading their way?

Really want to think highly of Ezra, but even without the transformation sequence, it's quite obvious that she's the stories fanservice.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Nov 18, 2009 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
noteDhero said:
. But then Lucy isn't the main character so it balances out.

she is actually.. though she's not the only one...
Nov 18, 2009 4:20 AM

Mar 2009
Really entertaining and funny.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Dec 14, 2009

94 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jantian - Mar 2, 2012

103 by phantom346 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kashim - Dec 7, 2009

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Free_Candy - Nov 30, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 119 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Seeker - Feb 24, 2012

129 by phantom346 »»
11 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.