Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2014 11:37 AM

Dec 2013
Kirei <3 That is all.

:D

It was a good episode, liked it a lot. Somehow I'm surprised how my enjoyment varies from episode to episode.

And I must mention the thought that was in my head the whole episode, that Shirou in this ep kinda reminded me of a harem mc. :D His oblivious and almost gay-like reactions to girls interacting with him are ridiculous but very fun. :D

Also, a blond guy makes a cameo again, yay.
goodshitgoOdshitDec 6, 2014 11:40 AM
Dec 6, 2014 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
Rin, please, never wear that short skirt again, I may not be able to handle it...

Small question: how do they know for sure that there's another master in the school? Did they also say that it has to be caster's master?
Dec 6, 2014 11:38 AM

Dec 2011
Archer is getting scolded for taking his sweet time until arriving at their location XD.

C'mon Shirou, just man up and let Saber sleep in your room with you :3

Shinji should find a hole to die in already...

LOL, Issei cannot get married and become a wife anymore T.T

Dat Fuji-nee ass doe :3
TyrelDec 6, 2014 1:18 PM
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Dec 6, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2013
RinArcher said:
kokusho36 said:
Rin, please, never wear that short skirt again, I may not be able to handle it...

Small question: how do they know for sure that there's another master in the school? Did they also say that it has to be caster's master?

Yo man, you can do a lot of things in episode discussions, just don't insult the skirt okay?

It's the perfect length, nothing wrong with it.

That's my point, I can't read subtitles if she's on screen.
Dec 6, 2014 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
That scene where they dive down the side of the house to hide and Rin insists on pushing up against Shirou... why? She could have just stood alongside him, there was plenty of room O__o
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 6, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2014
@Vexper Blond guy is scary. He'll try to sell you something if he spots you

Dec 6, 2014 11:44 AM

Nov 2013
kokusho36 said:
RinArcher said:

Yo man, you can do a lot of things in episode discussions, just don't insult the skirt okay?

AHEM, you mean it's winter and it's cold she shouldn't be wearing a short skirt like that right?
Dec 6, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2014
Hm.
I like it for the most part. As a straight man, I had a throbbing hard one during the Issei scene - sasuga, Ufotable.
A lot of the extraneous dialogue was cut, but I missed some of it. BDs will hopefully make everything better.

Also, they didn't add any extra scenes to prepare for next episode. Unlike the doomsayers, I have decided there's a couple of ways to give it some context during next episode's events. I think they can probably handle things well, given a fairly deft hand in charge (yes, I know that's not what we currently have). Since they covered a lot more than I thought they would this episode, they should have more than enough time to pull an episode 3 next episode.

Either way, though, I, for one, will enjoy the rage and bile-spewing if they handle it badly.
It should be most...entertaining.

Aug 2014
StefanMZ said:

Oh, hey there spoiler, nice to finally see you XD.

Spoiler that shit.
kokusho36 said:
RinArcher said:

Lol.

Nov 2013
RinArcher said:
Vexper said:
That scene where they dive down the side of the house to hide and Rin insists on pushing up against Shirou... why? She could have just stood alongside him, there was plenty of room O__o

It was more like this in the VN:

Ah, that ain't so bad, why didn't they do that!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 6, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2013
BotatoPriest said:
kokusho36 said:

AHEM, you mean it's winter and it's cold she shouldn't be wearing a short skirt like that right?

ahem, I don't get the joke -.-

btw, good joob spoiling the next ep, VN readers. anyone can tell that
just by reading this topic.
Dec 6, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
Vexper said:
RinArcher said:

Too lewd.
Dec 6, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Vexper said:
RinArcher said:

VN Shirou felt them in a more optimal area than anime Shirou did, I'd say.
Dec 6, 2014 11:52 AM

Mar 2012
Loved every second of it
Dec 6, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2013
kokusho36 said:
Preview's hint is already way more spoilery than anything we said.
Dec 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2009
It was good, but I could do without the butt shots of Taiga and the like. Come on....

Shirou's monologue at the end was pretty cool, though. But, holy shit, when did this fanbase get so pessimistic?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
Vexper said:
RinArcher said:

pretty much one of t he three complaints I have with this episode.
Dec 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Mar 2012
insan3priest said:
It was good, but I could do without the butt shots of Taiga and the like. Come on....

Shirou's monologue at the end was pretty cool, though. But, holy shit, when did this fanbase get so pessimistic?

I think its because some people are just not used to being so optimistic all the time, that they feel they have to add some negativity for the sake of it.

y123y said:
Wait, how could Rin and Shirou they tell if Gil was a foreigner?

Blond Hair
Dec 6, 2014 11:56 AM

Nov 2013
BotatoPriest said:
kokusho36 said:

And here I was, thinking that he may have just been looking for a weapon that was lying around, like when Lancer tried to kill him.
Thank you guys for clearing my doubts, then. -.-
Dec 6, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2012

Yep that's not even just nitpicking, when the size of the fucking alleyway is the problem
Dec 6, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2009
Vexper said:

I don't know, in the VN I think it was a smaller alley but even then I didn't care for that at all there and don't here. In the VN, though, they were facing one another.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 6, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
ElPysCongroo said:
insan3priest said:

I think its because some people are just not used to being so optimistic all the time, that they feel they have to add some negativity for the sake of it.
I'm sorry but how do you expect next week's discussion to go?

I think it will be like this:
Anime only viewer: Whaaat? Asspull.
VN readers: No, this is foreshadowed in Fate route which you are supposed to know before UBW route.
Anime only viewer: But this is anime not VN.

Sure, it doesn't matter to us because we have read Fate route, but most of those who haven't probably won't like it. Objectively it's not needed since UBW route isn't standalone and builds up on what you know from Fate, but unfortunately I doubt things will be this simple next week.
Dec 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
kokusho36 said:
BotatoPriest said:

And here I was, thinking that he may have just been looking for a weapon that was lying around, like when Lancer tried to kill him.
Thank you guys for clearing my doubts, then. -.-
All we said was asspull, we didn't say who we didn't say what and we didn't say how. For all they know we could be talking about something different.

And for the record 3 things could count as asspulls next episode. Luckily though, Nasuverse explains everything so for those willing to sit through long ass magical explanation bullshit it's no problem.
Dec 6, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
kokusho36 said:
[
btw, good joob spoiling the next ep, VN readers. anyone can tell that spoiler will happen just by reading this topic.

^This.

Can you not talk about this here? There's a general discussion thread for a reason.

At this point I think this thread foreshadows it more than the Fate route would. >.>
Dec 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
'asspulls'

Dec 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
It's only upsetting because there is no way to defend what happens. Why explain after the fact when you can foreshadow it properly anyway?

THIS.

VN might have fate route,but this DOES NOT.

THis episode had multiple places to place foreshadowing.
Instead they gave us THREE eating scenes.

Sep 2013
Ahh, the last scene about Shirou's mentality was very much needed. I'm liking where this is going.
cupcDec 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty weird episode. It was good but a bit disturbing.
So there'll be an asspull powerup next week? Nice job spoilerpriests
Dec 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2013
ZeroDragon said:
BotatoPriest said:
I'm sorry but how do you expect next week's discussion to go?

I think it will be like this:
Anime only viewer: Whaaat? Asspull.
VN readers: No, this is foreshadowed in Fate route which you are supposed to know before UBW route.
Anime only viewer: But this is anime not VN.

Sure, it doesn't matter to us because we have read Fate route, but most of those who haven't probably won't like it. Objectively it's not needed since UBW route isn't standalone and builds up on what you know from Fate, but unfortunately I doubt things will be this simple next week.

Shh you nitpicker ;)
The sad part is it could have been easily avoided by, literally, a 2 minute long scene in one of the earlier episodes. I was hoping they'd do that since they added small details from Fate, but eh.. Turns out they're just making a UBW anime.

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.
Dec 6, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2009
CookingPriest said:
Instead they gave us THREE eating scenes.
This is F/SN. Food scenes are much more important for a proper adaptation.
Dec 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was pretty good. Everything chugs along, and at the end we even get a tiny Shirou monologue, which felt well done.

You'd figure this would be a place where the air would be generally positive, but the actual air over almost every discussion topic is incredibly negative. Never disappoint, MAL.
Dec 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Nov 2013
Agafin said:
No. There will be no asspulls. There are no asspulls in the material that will be covered this cour.

Jul 2013
Well uh, I dunno for sure, but we may have to hope that people watched DEEN/stay night before this to prevent asspull cries. Just sayin', this might be bad, but not as bad as Fai is putting it.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Apr 2014
BotatoPriest said:
ZeroDragon said:

Shh you nitpicker ;)
The sad part is it could have been easily avoided by, literally, a 2 minute long scene in one of the earlier episodes. I was hoping they'd do that since they added small details from Fate, but eh.. Turns out they're just making a UBW anime.

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.

Most of my complaints/concerns would have existed if they had spent probably a total of five minutes portraying or conveying certain scenes/information better than they did.

But overall, this anime is still amazing.
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
This isnt even a long running series with 300+ chapters/eps where it's obvious that the author drove himself to a corner and needs to add an asspull.

We already know that Shirou tried other magecraft before and there is always spoiler to explain it.If they call next ep an asspull then that spoiler will look like an asspull as well.

Dont forget that his healing abilities arent properly explained either.

People bring doomsday for no god damn reason.

Nov 2013
JabonHR said:
Well uh, I dunno for sure, but we may have to hope that people watched DEEN/stay night before this to prevent asspull cries. Just sayin', this might be bad, but not as bad as Fai is putting it.
I don't care.
This is why people should have just read Fate route at least like we've been saying for the past 5 months or so.

Aug 2014
I think it's the coat that makes it look shorter.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

May 2014
Agafin said:
Pretty weird episode. It was good but a bit disturbing.
C'mon, priests go around saying "spoiler that shit" for 9 episodes and that's the thanks we get. :"(

Nov 2012
ANGRY2011 said:
You'd figure this would be a place where the air would be generally positive, but the actual air over almost every discussion topic is incredibly negative. Never disappoint, MAL.

it's always like this in UBW threads, nothing new to be seen here...
Dec 6, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
BotatoPriest said:

This episode already has fuel for that fire of bullshit sadly...
Dec 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
silverwalls said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Not just UBW.

Any show that has at least one manga/LN/VN purist. And of the very stubborn kind.
Dec 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
silverwalls said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Is it? Because it seems particularly bad now.

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

I'll just post screens from the VN to refute that bullshit. It was in the VN, the VN was written before Zero. No biggie.
Dec 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Apr 2014
Atmosphere change.

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE. WHO LOVES F/SN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK???
Dec 6, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2014
insan3priest said:
silverwalls said:

Is it? Because it seems particularly bad now.
There was a little spat after episode 3, but other than that it was always pretty chill.

I think it mainly changed after the great monologue wars.

Jul 2013
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

no
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Jul 2007
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.

Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.

Apr 2012
y123y said:
Wait, how could Rin and Shirou they tell if *MYSTERIOUS BLOND MAN* was a foreigner?
Because he's blond and not Japanese looking, like Saber (which was why Shirou didn't let her follow her as a non-transfer student foreigner just walking around would draw too much unwanted attention).
Dec 6, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

I have to question why this is such a big deal, if you can't stand people thinking that way just don't care.
Dec 6, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.

Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.

Do you not see how that can be lost on most people looking in at the forums when almost all they see out of these topics are wars and constant nitpicking which is presented as the WORST POSSIBLE THING, coupled with continual posting of comments from outside of these forums from people who clearly have no understanding and sometimes even outright hatred of the source material?
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.