Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Jan 14, 2015 10:58 AM
something here

Mickdrew said:
tsudecimo said:

Saber annoying as usual with her ideals. I hope Archer humiliate her in conversations like

http://i.imgur.com/VBCOuO7.gif

I see you've been taking up Lala's recs.

Jan 14, 2015 11:01 AM

KeyToCourage said:
tsudecimo said:
Saber annoying as usual with her ideals. I hope Archer humiliate her in conversations like

Seriously?

Yup. It honestly was one of the most satisfying things in F/Z. How he ignored her, and treated her like nothing, and a simple tool, with no respect or nothing.

Jan 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Mickdrew said:
tsudecimo said:

just another badass viewer that agrees with tyrants and self destructive idealists without any idea of what he is saying.

Jan 14, 2015 11:02 AM

tsudecimo said:
@Aurioch
Yeah I know, that why I spoilertagged it.

chickenonthepan said:

Well, she is not ice-queen type of character.

That's just a facade that she puts up.

There will be a dialogue when she talks about herself anyway, I hope you won't miss that.

I know she is not. But I don't like the dere part of her personality. I want her to act normal without blushing, like how Shirou act around her. I guess she probably has feelings for him.
she acts like that because she is socially awkward. Shirou is really the only guy in her life that she hasn't pushed away aside from her father who has been dead for 10 years

Jan 14, 2015 11:03 AM

Insertanamehere said:
Mickdrew said:

I see you've been taking up Lala's recs.

Well, she is my senpai :3
HentaiPriest said:
just another badass viewer that agrees with tyrants and self destructive idealists without any idea of what he is saying.

smh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 14, 2015 11:04 AM

Fate/Zero episode 16. Hmmmm, so goooood.

Jan 14, 2015 11:06 AM

HentaiPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

To be fair he never experienced Fate route.

Anyone would hate Saber and shit on her without it because of her annoying chivalry stuff.

Jan 14, 2015 11:07 AM

tsudecimo said:

Yup, nothing like siding with unsympathetic monsters if you get off to vicarious attacks against a character you don't like ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 14, 2015 11:09 AM

Maloghurst said:
she acts like that because she is socially awkward. Shirou is really the only guy in her life that she hasn't pushed away aside from her father who has been dead for 10 years

She acted fine with other guys though, and Archer who is smoking hot. And that blushing started early on, so it's not because she got close to him.

Jan 14, 2015 11:10 AM

tsudecimo said:

Oh god, I just had to go watch that Diarmuid speech. UGH

Mickdrew said:
tsudecimo said:

Yup, nothing like siding with unsympathetic monsters if you get off to vicarious attacks against a character you don't like ^^
pretty sure it's just personal preference in characters, he just has the "badass fetish"

something here

tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

She acted fine with other guys though, and Archer who is smoking hot. And that blushing started early on, so it's not because she got close to him.

Well, Archer's her servant and older than her besides. The only other one was Issei, and both him and Rin dislike the other.

Jan 14, 2015 11:13 AM

tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

She acts cold to everyone in most situations. The only person she has really shown her human (real) self to is Shriou. She has tried to be cold to him but can't for reasons.

Compare the Rin episode of Zero to how she acts around Shriou and then compare it to how she acts around everyone else.

Jan 14, 2015 11:13 AM

Pretty sure Rin was blushing when Archer was teasing her.

Jan 14, 2015 11:14 AM

StrayBotato said:
Pretty sure Rin was blushing when Archer was teasing her.

She did after the summoning when they were talking.

Jan 14, 2015 11:14 AM

Mickdrew said:
tsudecimo said:

It's not about siding with Kerry. I just found him the most compelling, interesting and complex character in the show. You don't like or dislike characters based on your own morality views.

My favorite character in the show does that to my least favorite character in the show, how can I not love that?

He wouldn't even look her in the eyes, so good~

Maybe I should re-watch F/Z after I'm done with UBW. To get the bad taste of Saber of my mouth ;)

Jan 14, 2015 11:18 AM

Maloghurst said:
preference in characters, he just has the "badass fetish"

I actually don't. Being ''badass'' doesn't automatically means I like the character.

Like in my previous post, I just found him the most interesting of the bunch. Coupled with the fact, that I was more emotionally invested on him, his backstory, his state of mind, up till the ending.

If I had a badass fetish, that two dimensional character Gilgmash would have been high on the characters that I liked but he isn't.

Jan 14, 2015 11:18 AM

tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

issei she isnt exactly on friendly terms with, and Shinji she is well aware of being a woman beater..and kirei despite being her caretaker is also kind of creepy and distant. "normal" in this sense is that she keeps them at arms length. Shirou on the other hand she elaborated a bit. in the case of shirou she had actually "let him in". Archer is her servant, and a bit of a slick talker. in the cases of archer and shirou she isnt used to guy treating her like they do.

Jan 14, 2015 11:21 AM

tsudecimo said:

It's not about siding with Kerry. I just found him the most compelling, interesting and complex character in the show. You don't like or dislike characters based on your own morality views.

My favorite character in the show does that to my least favorite character in the show, how can I not love that?

He wouldn't even look her in the eyes, so good~

Maybe I should re-watch F/Z after I'm done with UBW. To get the bad taste of Saber of my mouth ;)

I.........................................

...........................see

^^

Well then, as long you like the character, who cares what they're saying, right? After all you don't have to agree with a character to find them compelling, you just have to cheer them on no matter how fucked up what they're saying is.

:)

And it doesn't matter who actually has the ethical positions you agree with, it ultimately comes down to who you think is more awesome. Or is that supposed to be a synonym for 'complexity' these days?

Jan 14, 2015 11:22 AM

Insertanamehere said:
tsudecimo said:

Well, Archer's her servant and older than her besides. The only other one was Issei, and both him and Rin dislike the other.

Saber is Shirou's servant but he still keeps blushing. I didn't know that she dislike Issei, so that's a fair point.

@nocorras
She seems to act normal to those three girls, not really cold.

Mickdrew said:
[...]

You seem butthurt and not caring for an actual/serious discussion, so I will leave you be.

Jan 14, 2015 11:23 AM

tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:
preference in characters, he just has the "badass fetish"

I actually don't. Being ''badass'' doesn't automatically means I like the character.

Like in my previous post, I just found him the most interesting of the bunch. Coupled with the fact, that I was more emotionally invested on him, his backstory, his state of mind, up till the ending.

If I had a badass fetish, that two dimensional character Gilgmash would have been high on the characters that I liked but he isn't.
my mistake, so many people just jump on that bandwagon and there "reasoning" tends to be rather rediculous. i see were your coming from though.

something here

I like these casual F/Z spoilers in the episode thread guys, really, I do.

tsudecimo said:
Insertanamehere said:

Saber is Shirou's servant but he still keeps blushing. I didn't know that she dislike Issei, so that's a fair point.

@nocorras

She turned down the one to eat lunch because she didn't want her to get to close to her and find out about her 'real' self.

Jan 14, 2015 11:26 AM

There are like 5 likable characters in F/Z tops (based on their roles).
2-3 if you count the ones with development.

Jan 14, 2015 11:27 AM

tsudecimo said:

Yup. It honestly was one of the most satisfying things in F/Z. How he ignored her, and treated her like nothing, and a simple tool, with no respect or nothing.

Jan 14, 2015 11:29 AM

tsudecimo said:

You seem butthurt and not caring for an actual/serious discussion, so I will leave you be.

What? Why? We're just starting to have fun.

Jan 14, 2015 11:32 AM

tsudecimo said:
Insertanamehere said:

@nocorras

Mickdrew said:
[...]

oh i think this is the part were "lack of monologues" and lack of saber route hurt this anime a little. Shirou blushes and gets uncomfortable around saber simply because she makes his dick hard. their romance doesnt really bloom here due to how the story is playing out in contrast to the saber route.

Rin acts normal to the track team girls but she is still distant from them to a lesser degree some of the interactions are arguably not conveyed well in the anime. Rin is suppose to be the model student she has built up an image of herself and built herself up as this untouchable person. with the exception of Ayako the other girls she is still a tad distant from but to a lesser degree there was that little scene were one of the girls invited her to lunch with them, she declined and one of the others started talking shit, this is really the only indicator you get that these girls arent on "friendly terms" so much as....aquaintances

Jan 14, 2015 11:32 AM

Why people dislike Saber's ideals?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Jan 14, 2015 11:33 AM

KeyToCourage said:
tsudecimo said:

Seriously, they are one and the same. Its hilarious people never got that saber and

tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:

She acted COLD, not fine. There's a difference between being yourself and putting on a mask with intention of driving people away.

No shit, she already was established as having a crush on him before, but she did not know him beyond "that determined dude who is quite built" before and they clearly grew closer over episodes.

Jan 14, 2015 11:34 AM
something here

Mickdrew said:

And it doesn't matter who actually has the ethical positions you agree with, it ultimately comes down to who you think is more awesome. Or is that supposed to be a synonym for 'complexity' these days?

F/Z

Jan 14, 2015 11:35 AM
something here

PriestSlayer said:

Because F/Z

Jan 14, 2015 11:37 AM

PriestSlayer said:
Because they haven't read Fate.

Jan 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Insertanamehere said:
Mickdrew said:

F/Z

THe only way he is complex is if one already knows everything about FSN and can see the contrast with Shirou's character growth.

something here

tsudecimo said:

I know she is not. But I don't like the dere part of her personality. I want her to act normal without blushing, like how Shirou act around her. I guess she probably has feelings for him.

Wait hang on. Shirou blushes around her too, he's more tsun than her if anything.

StrayBotato said:
PriestSlayer said:
Because they haven't read Fate.

because saving people is dumb and too cliche

i suppose

it should be edgy, and dark and you know...

Jan 14, 2015 11:39 AM

It's funny how he brought up ep16 when it was Saber that had the last word and owned the other guy....he didnt look so butthurt at any other scene of the series.

Makes wonder how it is possible to watch the same ep and completely different scenes.

Jan 14, 2015 11:40 AM

Insertanamehere said:
Mickdrew said:

No, I'm not saying he wasn't a good and complex character. My previous post was tailored for how tsudecimo has been speaking.

Needless to say, if there is a legitimate reason to be compelled by Kiritsugu's character, I doubt it's the same reason tsudecimo likes him.

Jan 14, 2015 11:41 AM

KeyToCourage said:
tsudecimo said:

Pretty late buddy. I already explained in previous posts.

Saber fans or people who disagreed with me enjoying that, should learn to stop assuming why I liked it, and I liked Kiritsgu.

Jan 14, 2015 11:41 AM

CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

F/Z

THe only way he is complex is if one already knows everything about FSN and can see the contrast with Shirou's character growth.

not sure i agree on this part, kiritsugu is a complex character in F/Z, you don't need to see FSN to get that, his motives, his way of thinking, the way he acts depending the person he is around with, he is not a simple character.
Well of course, if like it is intended people read fsn, yeah they would get a lot more of the subtext of this character. but it's not only that...

Jan 14, 2015 11:45 AM

Modified by Mickdrew, Jan 14, 2015 12:14 PM

Jan 14, 2015 11:50 AM

Maloghurst said:
my mistake, so many people just jump on that bandwagon and there "reasoning" tends to be rather rediculous. i see were your coming from though.[/quote]
Thank you.

Maloghurst said:

Rin acts normal to the track team girls but she is still distant from them to a lesser degree some of the interactions are arguably not conveyed well in the anime. Rin is suppose to be the model student she has built up an image of herself and built herself up as this untouchable person. with the exception of Ayako the other girls she is still a tad distant from but to a lesser degree there was that little scene were one of the girls invited her to lunch with them, she declined and one of the others started talking shit, this is really the only indicator you get that these girls arent on "friendly terms" so much as....aquaintances

I see. I remember seeing the scene where Rin got reminded of her father. I thought it was interesting, as it showed her psych. I think Rin is an interesting character, with subtly and interesting dimensions that I hope get fleshed out nicely. She might be the character that I like the most after Archer, so far.

Insertanamehere said:

F/Z

Amen brother.

Mickdrew said:

Please enlighten us on how you deconstruct Kiritsugu's character to the point that you find it satisfying to partake in inhumane actions.

Only if you drop the sarcastic and condescending tone. Inhumane? how is not respecting Saber and treating her badly = Inhumane?

When I said ''satisfying'' I was referring to the dialogue after what you know what happened.

Jan 14, 2015 11:53 AM

tsudecimo said:
Maloghurst said:
my mistake, so many people just jump on that bandwagon and there "reasoning" tends to be rather rediculous. i see were your coming from though.

Thank you.

Maloghurst said:

I see. I remember seeing the scene where Rin got reminded of her father. I thought it was interesting, as it showed her psych. I think Rin is an interesting character, with subtly and interesting dimensions that I hope get fleshed out nicely. She might be the character that I like the most after Archer, so far.[/quote] lols Rin and Archer TEAM GET MONEY!!!!
once you get through the second half the re-watchablility of the first half jumps up, a lot of the character stuff will become more apparent. and to top this off there is heaven's Feel which will be getting an adaptation in movie form later on. Even with it being the "Sakura story" so many other characters get major showcasing, rin of course being one of them. Saber fans sadly get screwed in this sense because UFO isnt doing a fate route. but UBW and HF make up most of the package.

Jan 14, 2015 12:00 PM

Found an interesting comment on Youtube

Fate/Zero spoilers
Modified by PriestSlayer, Jan 14, 2015 12:04 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Jan 14, 2015 12:03 PM

PriestSlayer said:
-snip-
Spoilers yo.

Also you're doing it backwards, so it's your fault not that they "should have handled the transition better."

Jan 15, 2015 6:52 AM

Let's keep the discussion strictly to the episode shall we. Baiting, off-topic, VN discussion and whatnot will be deleted at glance, even under spoilers tag. There are other threads which you can discuss those details in-depth, this isn't one of them.

Jan 18, 2015 4:18 PM

There's no doubt that the pacing is still quite slow.

Jan 18, 2015 4:23 PM

ZeroDragon said:

Oh you...

Jan 18, 2015 4:49 PM

ZeroDragon said:

But besides that the episode was okay.

Jan 18, 2015 9:03 PM

Mickdrew said:
ZeroDragon said:

Yeah it wasn't really that bad. The alleyway scene could have been a little better though.

PS: You're back!

Jan 18, 2015 9:42 PM

StrayBotato said:
Mickdrew said:

Yeah it wasn't really that bad. The alleyway scene could have been a little better though.

The Kerei scene alone means I can't hate this episode.

StrayBotato said:

PS: You're back!

Yup ^^
Thankfully, it was only a 3 day ban - so it wasn't too bad.

Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »