Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion


Dec 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2481
insan3priest said:
It was good, but I could do without the butt shots of Taiga and the like. Come on....

Shirou's monologue at the end was pretty cool, though. But, holy shit, when did this fanbase get so pessimistic?


I think its because some people are just not used to being so optimistic all the time, that they feel they have to add some negativity for the sake of it.

y123y said:
Wait, how could Rin and Shirou they tell if Gil was a foreigner?


Blond Hair
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
BotatoPriest said:
kokusho36 said:
btw, good joob spoiling the next ep, VN readers. anyone can tell that
just by reading this topic.
Preview's hint is already way more spoilery than anything we said.


And here I was, thinking that he may have just been looking for a weapon that was lying around, like when Lancer tried to kill him.
Thank you guys for clearing my doubts, then. -.-
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 2481


Yep that's not even just nitpicking, when the size of the fucking alleyway is the problem
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Vexper said:
That scene where they dive down the side of the house to hide and Rin insists on pushing up against Shirou... why? She could have just stood alongside him, there was plenty of room O__o


I don't know, in the VN I think it was a smaller alley but even then I didn't care for that at all there and don't here. In the VN, though, they were facing one another.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
ElPysCongroo said:
insan3priest said:
It was good, but I could do without the butt shots of Taiga and the like. Come on....

Shirou's monologue at the end was pretty cool, though. But, holy shit, when did this fanbase get so pessimistic?


I think its because some people are just not used to being so optimistic all the time, that they feel they have to add some negativity for the sake of it.
I'm sorry but how do you expect next week's discussion to go?

I think it will be like this:
Anime only viewer: Whaaat? Asspull.
VN readers: No, this is foreshadowed in Fate route which you are supposed to know before UBW route.
Anime only viewer: But this is anime not VN.

Sure, it doesn't matter to us because we have read Fate route, but most of those who haven't probably won't like it. Objectively it's not needed since UBW route isn't standalone and builds up on what you know from Fate, but unfortunately I doubt things will be this simple next week.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
kokusho36 said:
BotatoPriest said:
Preview's hint is already way more spoilery than anything we said.


And here I was, thinking that he may have just been looking for a weapon that was lying around, like when Lancer tried to kill him.
Thank you guys for clearing my doubts, then. -.-
All we said was asspull, we didn't say who we didn't say what and we didn't say how. For all they know we could be talking about something different.

And for the record 3 things could count as asspulls next episode. Luckily though, Nasuverse explains everything so for those willing to sit through long ass magical explanation bullshit it's no problem.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:03 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10803
kokusho36 said:
[
btw, good joob spoiling the next ep, VN readers. anyone can tell that spoiler will happen just by reading this topic.

^This.

Can you not talk about this here? There's a general discussion thread for a reason.

At this point I think this thread foreshadows it more than the Fate route would. >.>
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3459
'asspulls'

 
Dec 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
nocorras said:
It's only upsetting because there is no way to defend what happens. Why explain after the fact when you can foreshadow it properly anyway?


THIS.

VN might have fate route,but this DOES NOT.

THis episode had multiple places to place foreshadowing.
Instead they gave us THREE eating scenes.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 16140
Ahh, the last scene about Shirou's mentality was very much needed. I'm liking where this is going.
Modified by cupc, Dec 6, 2014 12:09 PM
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3640
Pretty weird episode. It was good but a bit disturbing.
So there'll be an asspull powerup next week? Nice job spoilerpriests
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
ZeroDragon said:
BotatoPriest said:
I'm sorry but how do you expect next week's discussion to go?

I think it will be like this:
Anime only viewer: Whaaat? Asspull.
VN readers: No, this is foreshadowed in Fate route which you are supposed to know before UBW route.
Anime only viewer: But this is anime not VN.

Sure, it doesn't matter to us because we have read Fate route, but most of those who haven't probably won't like it. Objectively it's not needed since UBW route isn't standalone and builds up on what you know from Fate, but unfortunately I doubt things will be this simple next week.


Shh you nitpicker ;)
The sad part is it could have been easily avoided by, literally, a 2 minute long scene in one of the earlier episodes. I was hoping they'd do that since they added small details from Fate, but eh.. Turns out they're just making a UBW anime.

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3817
CookingPriest said:
Instead they gave us THREE eating scenes.
This is F/SN. Food scenes are much more important for a proper adaptation.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
This episode was pretty good. Everything chugs along, and at the end we even get a tiny Shirou monologue, which felt well done.

You'd figure this would be a place where the air would be generally positive, but the actual air over almost every discussion topic is incredibly negative. Never disappoint, MAL.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
Agafin said:
So there'll be an asspull powerup next week? Nice job spoilerpriests
No. There will be no asspulls. There are no asspulls in the material that will be covered this cour.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1610
Well uh, I dunno for sure, but we may have to hope that people watched DEEN/stay night before this to prevent asspull cries. Just sayin', this might be bad, but not as bad as Fai is putting it.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2431
BotatoPriest said:
ZeroDragon said:


Shh you nitpicker ;)
The sad part is it could have been easily avoided by, literally, a 2 minute long scene in one of the earlier episodes. I was hoping they'd do that since they added small details from Fate, but eh.. Turns out they're just making a UBW anime.

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.


Most of my complaints/concerns would have existed if they had spent probably a total of five minutes portraying or conveying certain scenes/information better than they did.

But overall, this anime is still amazing.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 4743
I guess Rin's skirt will now be much much shorter than it was before
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17402
This isnt even a long running series with 300+ chapters/eps where it's obvious that the author drove himself to a corner and needs to add an asspull.

We already know that Shirou tried other magecraft before and there is always spoiler to explain it.If they call next ep an asspull then that spoiler will look like an asspull as well.

Dont forget that his healing abilities arent properly explained either.

People bring doomsday for no god damn reason.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
JabonHR said:
Well uh, I dunno for sure, but we may have to hope that people watched DEEN/stay night before this to prevent asspull cries. Just sayin', this might be bad, but not as bad as Fai is putting it.
I don't care.
This is why people should have just read Fate route at least like we've been saying for the past 5 months or so.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
I think it's the coat that makes it look shorter.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
Agafin said:
Pretty weird episode. It was good but a bit disturbing.
So there'll be an asspull powerup next week? Nice job spoilerpriests
C'mon, priests go around saying "spoiler that shit" for 9 episodes and that's the thanks we get. :"(
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15458
ANGRY2011 said:
You'd figure this would be a place where the air would be generally positive, but the actual air over almost every discussion topic is incredibly negative. Never disappoint, MAL.

it's always like this in UBW threads, nothing new to be seen here...
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
BotatoPriest said:

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.


This episode already has fuel for that fire of bullshit sadly...
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
silverwalls said:
ANGRY2011 said:
You'd figure this would be a place where the air would be generally positive, but the actual air over almost every discussion topic is incredibly negative. Never disappoint, MAL.

it's always like this in UBW threads, nothing new to be seen here...
Not just UBW.

Any show that has at least one manga/LN/VN purist. And of the very stubborn kind.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
silverwalls said:
ANGRY2011 said:
You'd figure this would be a place where the air would be generally positive, but the actual air over almost every discussion topic is incredibly negative. Never disappoint, MAL.

it's always like this in UBW threads, nothing new to be seen here...


Is it? Because it seems particularly bad now.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.


This episode already has fuel for that fire of bullshit sadly...
I'll just post screens from the VN to refute that bullshit. It was in the VN, the VN was written before Zero. No biggie.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2431
Atmosphere change.

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE. WHO LOVES F/SN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK???
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
insan3priest said:
silverwalls said:

it's always like this in UBW threads, nothing new to be seen here...


Is it? Because it seems particularly bad now.
There was a little spat after episode 3, but other than that it was always pretty chill.

I think it mainly changed after the great monologue wars.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1610
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE. WHO LOVES F/SN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK???

no
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE. WHO LOVES F/SN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK???


I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.


Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 193
y123y said:
Wait, how could Rin and Shirou they tell if *MYSTERIOUS BLOND MAN* was a foreigner?
Because he's blond and not Japanese looking, like Saber (which was why Shirou didn't let her follow her as a non-transfer student foreigner just walking around would draw too much unwanted attention).
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 16140
CookingPriest said:
BotatoPriest said:

I guess on the bright side, we won't get more of that "TOTALLY F/Z SEQUEL" bullshit, if they continue making it pure UBW route.


This episode already has fuel for that fire of bullshit sadly...


I have to question why this is such a big deal, if you can't stand people thinking that way just don't care.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
CookingPriest said:
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE. WHO LOVES F/SN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK???


I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.


Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.


Do you not see how that can be lost on most people looking in at the forums when almost all they see out of these topics are wars and constant nitpicking which is presented as the WORST POSSIBLE THING, coupled with continual posting of comments from outside of these forums from people who clearly have no understanding and sometimes even outright hatred of the source material?
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
ANGRY2011 said:
CookingPriest said:


I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.


Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.


Do you not see how that can be lost on most people looking in at the forums when almost all they see out of these topics are wars and constant nitpicking which is presented as the WORST POSSIBLE THING, coupled with continual posting of comments from outside of these forums from people who clearly have no understanding and sometimes even outright hatred of the source material?


Let's be honest, the problem with lack of foreshadowing this episode CAN Blossom out into MAJOR problems for the whole rest of the show considering what goes on and how much it is reliant on build up.

Rin and Shirou dynamics is a major complaint on other hand because their relationship is what DRIVES this show and ufotable so far can't manage to capture Shirou's snark/trolling and tend to overblow Rin's tsun...

THe fac that those are the ONLY complaints people are having should tell you a lot.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 544
Dat chestpiece at the end
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2431
CookingPriest said:
ZeroDragon said:
Atmosphere change.

THAT WAS A GREAT EPISODE. WHO LOVES F/SN AND CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK???


I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.


Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.


Aw, why you gotta be a mongrel and ruin da fun.

I agree with many of your points, but you come off as way too pessimistic. A CG should lighten up every once in a while.

Have some wine!
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15458
Theorder14 said:
Dat chestpiece at the end

a very nice chestpiece.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
RinArcher said:
black1blade said:
I think it's the coat that makes it look shorter.


Nah, her coat actually makes it look longer:


That's a different skirt. Her school uniform skirt is long and her casual skirt is short.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 957
RinArcher said:
FatefulLove said:

I really wonder if they would end on a cliffhanger for this season.




so there is going to be a 2nd season?
is it official already (like did they announce the release date for it yet?)
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
ZeroDragon said:
CookingPriest said:


I am pretty sure everyone loves FSN and the current discussion has nothing to do with it.


Discussing obvious flaws =/= hating the show.


Aw, why you gotta be a mongrel and ruin da fun.

I agree with many of your points, but you come off as way too pessimistic. A CG should lighten up every once in a while.

Have some wine!


I had SIX adaptations shit themselves this year alone (Vanadis, Grisaia, Sailor Moon Crystal, Tokyo Ghoul, Akame Ga Kill and one i can't remember right now).

I have damn right to be suspicious of everything, especially with Miura in charge.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21891
RinArcher said:
I am pretty sure we're all over-exaggerating this one scene in here for the sake of discussion.

I only mentioned it once but Fai is being Fai about the whole thing.
I am sure the only one exaggerating is Fai.

Meh at least no one is trying to troll VN readers this week since we are doing that to each other already. Just like we do in spoiler threads.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
silverwalls said:
Theorder14 said:
Dat chestpiece at the end

a very nice chestpiece.


Actually, who's more buff? Shirou or Issei?

My golly that toned monk bod.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6191
Excellent episode.

Shinji find Kirei at the church. Lol @ the part where Shirou is trying to confirm is Issei a master or not.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
Dream95 said:
RinArcher said:




so there is going to be a 2nd season?
is it official already (like did they announce the release date for it yet?)

yeah it two cours. The next is in spring.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
CookingPriest said:
ANGRY2011 said:


Do you not see how that can be lost on most people looking in at the forums when almost all they see out of these topics are wars and constant nitpicking which is presented as the WORST POSSIBLE THING, coupled with continual posting of comments from outside of these forums from people who clearly have no understanding and sometimes even outright hatred of the source material?


Let's be honest, the problem with lack of foreshadowing this episode CAN Blossom out into MAJOR problems for the whole rest of the show considering what goes on and how much it is reliant on build up.

Rin and Shirou dynamics is a major complaint on other hand because their relationship is what DRIVES this show and ufotable so far can't manage to capture Shirou's snark/trolling and tend to overblow Rin's tsun...

THe fac that those are the ONLY complaints people are having should tell you a lot.


The current complaint,
may be a problem. May. As in might. As in could be. I'm not convinced that it will be a MAJOR ISSUE. It has an explanation, the explanation is well done, and it connects to Shirou pretty well when you consider other things he's done. I doubt they will go the whole anime without explaining it in the slightest.

As for your complaints on the Rin/Shirou relationship, if that's the way you see it, then that's too bad I guess. I'm liking their show dynamic. I know other people who are liking it too. I know people who aren't liking it either.

It's great that those are the only complaints, but do you think perhaps you bringing the air of doom and gloom to every discussion topic and responding in such an overbearing way against anyone who disagrees with your current criticisms might be sending the wrong tone?
Modified by ANGRY2011, Dec 6, 2014 12:43 PM
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 166
Good episode, but were some things i didnt like. the Issei Striptease, Rin miniskirt and Kirei part were awesome tho
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
ANGRY2011 said:
en that's too bad I guess. I'm liking their show dynamic. I know other people who are liking it too. I know people who aren't liking it either.


Seriously, you can count anime only viewers who GOT that Shirou is provoking and trolling Rin intentionally, on one hand.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 789
CookingPriest said:
ANGRY2011 said:
en that's too bad I guess. I'm liking their show dynamic. I know other people who are liking it too. I know people who aren't liking it either.


Seriously, you can count anime only viewers who GOT that Shirou is provoking and trolling Rin intentionally, on one hand.


Of course. Forgive me for not knowing that you've conducted an extensive poll of every single anime-only viewer who is currently watching the show and tallied their responses.
 
Dec 6, 2014 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
So priests, mind fully spoilering your posts especially my quote? I already did.
I'm sorry for triggering something, anime watcher. I'll reflect on it.
 
Top
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »