Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2014 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh poor Yuuki...

A bit of a slow episode and more focus in the real life world. The truth is never pleasant to hear. We got two episodes left so I'm hoping for a happy ending at least. Asuna's reunion with her in the game was quite something though.
Dec 6, 2014 6:55 AM

Nov 2007
Yuuki is not on for a while after that. Kirito already found out where Yuuki is. Medicu-void? A bed for patient to live in virtual world. She has AIDS..., and not much to live.

So she had a twin sister, who was also Sleeping Knight. The journey was from her sister...

So the rest of series will be Yuuki going to the school? 2 more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 6, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2007
THE FEEEEEEELS T_T

I feel like using farscape catchphrase for SAO2 again and again now....

Season of Death, Y'all....

One villain that is impossible to beat, no matter your strength and will always catch every single one of us eventually...

No matter how much strength you have no matter your life, no matter your friends, no matter your goals - you eventually face death.

All you can do is try to live the way so you won't regret even a minute. But what do you do when death starts ringing the doorbell a good few decades too early?

No wonder something as silly as name on the wall was so important.

Because its the proof that she existed. That they existed. That they did something before their lives ended prematurely.
Dec 6, 2014 7:22 AM
Jun 2011
ok i got the FEELS and it hit me hard i was sheding tears
Dec 6, 2014 8:53 AM
Jul 2014
I guess hospitals don't check to see if blood is contaminated before giving it to people anymore. :P The feels were real this episode.
Dec 6, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2014
Poor Yuuki :(
One of the deeper episodes I have seen. Hopefully the next episode won't be sad
Hi there
Dec 6, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2012
The feels

now I understand why Asuna is crying while smiling in ED

#proof that I once lived in this world
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 6, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2014
Yuuki and The Sleeping Knight :(
Judging by the last part about how Asuna says she can go to school. I'm guessing Kirito's camera will come into use since that is exactly what the doctor was talking about. Also the ED gives it away tbh.

Wow that is a sad sight to see someone live in a box. I honestly can't imagine that.
Dec 6, 2014 9:06 AM

Jul 2012
-sniffle- hot damn, that was adapted too well... oh gawd the feels... ;-;
Dec 6, 2014 9:08 AM
Feb 2014
TazmanianFrog said:
I guess hospitals don't check to see if blood is contaminated before giving it to people anymore. :P The feels were real this episode.

Well even if so there always exists a chance that the contamination is undetected for various reasons, e. g. that the virus wasn't fully developed yet and the body of the donor had no time to produce antibodies against it.

As the tests search for such antibodies there exists a real chance to get infected (but don't worry, in most countries the chance is extremely low (1 of 3 millions or even lower); still it's not unheard of even in fully developed countries)
Dec 6, 2014 9:08 AM
Sep 2013
So that why they keep hinting feels are coming. T_T
So we know why we see two girls in the opening song.
Sleeping knights disbanding getting there name on walls to remember them by aww the feels.
Dec 6, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2014
Greatly adapted, the conversation was just perfect.
Feel train is at full speed. 5/5
Dec 6, 2014 9:10 AM
Mar 2013
I never thought SAO could do something like this tbh. very good episode
Dec 6, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels!.. 2 eps left, my body is not ready.
Dec 6, 2014 9:15 AM

Jul 2010
Yuuki having a terminal illness.

I did like how Asuna was able to venture forth like that, it really was something when Yuuki looked through the screen with Asuna saying "thank you."

It was really sad to hear that all her family died...

Meeting Yuuki in the ALO world again. All the the guild having a known time limit to their lives ;_;
Wanting to leave a marking on the world to show they were alive and enjoyed it.
Wanting to be satisfied yet wanting more, typing this while crying T.T

The hugging, the yearning!!! Yuuki being able to go to school through Kirito just used at the beginning. Knew the drama was going to come, wouldn't had been ready for this...
Dec 6, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2010
So good!! A-1 adapted this wonderfully! So much FEEELZ T^T And nxt week should have even more. My body is just not ready D:

Yuuki's smile is just toooo adorable. She's such a sweet girl <3
Dec 6, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<
Dec 6, 2014 9:21 AM

Mar 2013
Ahhhh man I knew what was going to happen and still I cried like two or three times... right in the kokoro.
Dec 6, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2007

Seriously I didn't expect this. I wish it was possible we got a happy ending but impossible. At least I hope they grant her wish about attending school.

For the LN readers I guess this was asked before but is there enough material for a new season? And is the next arc in the LN good (better or worse than GGO for example)
Dec 6, 2014 9:25 AM

Sep 2014
When Yuuki was born her mother had a c-section. They gave the mother a blood transfusion and said blood had a virus. I'm guessing the virus passed to the family somehow ? To try and counter the virus they used different drugs but the virus was drug resistant ? Is that the just of it ?
Dec 6, 2014 9:25 AM

May 2013
Man that was so sad finding out about Yuuki's terminal illness. There were definitely tears in my eyes. Pretty sure with what Kirito's building, Yuuki would actually be able to go to school.
Dec 6, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2007
Barion-Zara said:
Can people start rating this season up now. It's ridiculous how low it is compared to S1 even though it's way better <_<

blahblahnotenoughactionblahblah.
blahblahnodeathgameblahblah
blahblahnokiritoblahblah
blahblatoomuchdramablahblah

Typical secondary complaints are the reason why its so low.

Cloudy-Sky said:

For the LN readers I guess this was asked before but is there enough material for a new season? And is the next arc in the LN good (better or worse than GGO for example)

There's enough material for at least three seasons right now.
ANd that's a single arc which is yet to finish.

That arc is rated as top or second top best arc(depending whether the current MR one is first or second).
Dec 6, 2014 9:33 AM
May 2014
Cloudy-Sky said:

Seriously I didn't expect this. I wish it was possible we got a happy ending but impossible. At least I hope they grant her wish about attending school.

there is enough SAO for another 2 [maybe 3, depending on pacing] seasons, just to compare, the whole 2 seasons of SAO cover the first 8 LN, while there are currently 15 LN, but the next arc starts on Volume 9, and it could be said that it is at the half point [the web novel (original material) has been finished since long ago, so you can compare both to get an idea of total length].

about the next arc, I find it to be what really defines SAO in my opinion, it like they took the best parts of every arc and put them together, polished them, and also added more things, of course that's just an opinion
Dec 6, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
OMG when the doctor said she had AIDS I couldn't stop laughing don't get me wrong I love Yuuki but it couldn't be helped.
Dec 6, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
Inori_is_love said:
OMG when the doctor said she had AIDS I couldn't stop laughing don't get me wrong I love Yuuki but it couldn't be helped.

How is that funny at all ?
Dec 6, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2013
This is why you should watch SAOII MR only episodes. This episode is a tearjerker.

I think Alicization first arc requires at least 36 episodes. Second half another 36 or even 48 episodes lol.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Dec 6, 2014 9:40 AM

Oct 2014
Bomb2chest said:
Inori_is_love said:

I am a psycopath
Dec 6, 2014 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
Cloudy-Sky said:

There's enough for about two new seasons, maybe more, though both from one Arc.
I'd say it's better than GGO and maybe even MR.
Dec 6, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
The anime didn't explain why Yuuki's condition relapsed, so here's an excerpt from the LN. Can't really say its a spoiler, more of a clarification.

-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Dec 6, 2014 9:45 AM

Feb 2014
With all the people saying this will have feels, I was getting pretty hyped to see what all the feels were about.
After finishing the episode I'm a bit disappointed. Yeah, it was sad but not really that much or maybe I was just expecting something like Clannad (which is impossible).
Dec 6, 2014 9:47 AM

Jun 2013
Inori_is_love said:
Bomb2chest said:

I am a psycopath

Bro i did the same somehow i feel that her having AIDS was some black humor or maybe i just read to much 4chan and 8chan so i can laugh at anything. Ah also drama and tragedy don't fix good whit SAO for me.
Dec 6, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
wow.... okay... okay just okay: GGO: 9/10
Excalibur: 7.5/10
Mother rosario after this episode: 10/10
Overall: 26.5/30--> 27/30-->9/10
Wonderful episode, man.... I wish we could get a happy ending but that's impossible... sigh...
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Dec 6, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
llcruz said:
With all the people saying this will have feels, I was getting pretty hyped to see what all the feels were about.
After finishing the episode I'm a bit disappointed. Yeah, it was sad but not really that much or maybe I was just expecting something like Clannad (which is impossible).

I won't say it reaches Clannad level but I'll just say this is just the beginning. Nxt ep should be even sadder.
Dec 6, 2014 9:52 AM

Aug 2014
Implications or otherwise, you should probably spoiler them.
Dec 6, 2014 9:53 AM
Mar 2012
Fuck.... the feels hit me hard... My tears.... my fucking tears... Give me a second while I grab another box of tissues and cry more for Yuuki.
Dec 6, 2014 9:59 AM
Apr 2014
As a pharmacist myself i can say the explanation they gave was quite legit

Also,

the reason why she cannot leave the clean room once her symptoms manifested was because her immune system was compromised to a point where a simple cold, flu or bacterial infection will prove fatal to her, thats why it is of utmost importance that her surroundings are sterile

HIV is the virus that she contracted from her blood transfusion, it is a latent virus that stays within the body and may or may not manifest into AIDS

AIDS is the syndrome which is incurable, and thus drugs used to "treat" it are actually used to boost the immune system and/or alleviate the symptoms
Dec 6, 2014 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Truly beautiful episode. Even though I knew this was all coming, it was still heart breaking.
Theres still a lot to go with only 2 episodes remaining... but I know it can be done right.
I don't want a sad ending...but even in this furture world, AIDS is still devastating.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 6, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2007
I don't know what to think about Asuna. The doctor says 3 times the word "terminal" (talking about Yuuki disease) and she understand at the third time.

What a sad episode!
Dec 6, 2014 10:03 AM

Sep 2014
Goddamnit tears why you do this to me ;_; ?
LastChapter said:
Fuck.... the feels hit me hard... My tears.... my fucking tears... Give me a second while I grab another box of tissues and cry more for Yuuki.

May I have some :c ?
Dec 6, 2014 10:05 AM

Jul 2007
minimiau said:
I don't know what to think about Asuna. The doctor says 3 times the word "terminal" (talking about Yuuki disease) and she understand at the third time.

What a sad episode!

He says it in japanese katakana for english words first time. Its only normal she would not know the words.

Then he says it in japanese and she understands the meaning.
Dec 6, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2012
Cheesy drama all the way.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 6, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
Dem feels yo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 10:09 AM

Sep 2014
astronomy9 said:

Also,

the reason why she cannot leave the clean room once her symptoms manifested was because her immune system was compromised to a point where a simple cold, flu or bacterial infection will prove fatal to her, thats why it is of utmost importance that her surroundings are sterile

HIV is the virus that she contracted from her blood transfusion, it is a latent virus that stays within the body and may or may not manifest into AIDS

AIDS is the syndrome which is incurable, and thus drugs used to "treat" it are actually used to boost the immune system and/or alleviate the symptoms

That's what I don't get. I thought the mother got HIV from the blood transfusion. Wouldn't they give the mother blood after the c-section not during ? If they meant to say she was given blood during c-section and the twins were not born then that makes sense. Or do I just have this all backwards 0.o ?
Dec 6, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Barion-Zara said:

blahblahnotenoughactionblahblah.
blahblahnodeathgameblahblah
blahblahnokiritoblahblah
blahblatoomuchdramablahblah

Typical secondary complaints are the reason why its so low.

Nope. I just didn't like this season because of how boring it was. I still remember the pain of watching GGO, it was almost just talking every episode...

Thai777Dec 6, 2014 10:16 AM
Dec 6, 2014 10:14 AM

Nov 2013
Holy shit...

I guessed half of it and still found it sad.. Damn..

So I'm guessing

:(
Dec 6, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Yuuki, she has a terminal illness.
Dec 6, 2014 10:17 AM
Oct 2014
Episodes like this are why I still like SAO no mater what folks say. Seeing applications for virtual devices spins my mind out to our future. Where we can go and what we can do with technology. Nice ellipsoid. It threw it all at us in a heartfelt way. Way to go SAO!
Dec 6, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Perfect episode, loved it. right in da feelz.
Dec 6, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
Episodes like this are not the reason why I watch SAO.
With 2 of them left I expect nothing interesting from the anime anymore.
Dec 6, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
Bomb2chest said:
astronomy9 said:

Also,

That's what I don't get. I thought the mother got HIV from the blood transfusion. Wouldn't they give the mother blood after the c-section not during ? If they meant to say she was given blood during c-section and the twins were not born then that makes sense. Or do I just have this all backwards 0.o ?

You can be contaminated by exchange of fluids too.

By the time she was diagnosed, whole family was sick.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.