Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 4:40 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feel free to leave whatever you want, these are underrated shows that are a parto f anime history in my mind.

I for one was always a fan of the original 4 OVA's and this continuation of the franchise really fleshed out the characters so well. Time had also passed so there was a more mature element to their personalities, not to mention this show came out before the start of the new millennium so the animation for shows was transitioning from the old look of the last 80's-90's to what we have now. All in all I loved it and will continue the series marathon style till the end! lol 6.8/10 (7/10 lol)
AnchientProphet2Dec 6, 2014 5:39 AM
Apr 22, 2017 11:26 AM

Jun 2015
This was a great song at the end. Gouka Kenran was much better than Ouka Kenran.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 22, 2017 12:54 PM

Dec 2015
@Niveen_Sleem Indeed, the second series of OAVs is better build (than the first one and the others for later games). By offering character-centric episodes (who happens outside of the game) to several of the girls, it compliments Sakura Taisen 2 nicely. "Ôka kenran" was only adding to Sakura's character (and took too long on it) and slightly enhancing Ôgami (who in the game is not a lot more than the player's avatar).

By the way, if you were wondering why Ayame (the graded woman) isn't present in this time period, it's because she died over the course of the first game. It's one of the big events in it. After that, she was replaced by her sister (how convenient? :D) for the second game who happens a few years later.

Score: 6/10 The digital drawings and colouring stand out at first because it was the first years of digital animation but it looks actually somewhat pretty.

edit @Niveen_Sleem I know. I only bounced on your remark to give mine. ^^" (and added the bit about the deceased character because you didn't watch the ST1 TV series). Anyway, all my excuses.
Rei_IIIApr 22, 2017 1:09 PM
Apr 22, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Rei366 said:
@Niveen_Sleem Indeed, the second series of OAVs is better build (than the first one and the others for later games). By offering character-centric episodes (who happens outside of the game) to several of the girls, it compliments Sakura Taisen 2 nicely. "Ôka kenran" was only adding to Sakura's character (and took too long on it) and slightly enhancing Ôgami (who in the game is not a lot more than the player's avatar).

By the way, if you were wondering why Ayame (the graded woman) isn't present in this time period, it's because she died over the course of the first game. It's one of the big events in it. After that, she was replaced by her sister (how convenient? :D) for the second game who happens a few years later.

Score: 6/10 The digital drawings and colouring stand out at first because it was the first years of digital animation but it looks actually somewhat pretty.

I don
t know anything about the games. I'm here for the anime itself. And yeah the color and animation are excellent considering how old it is.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 24, 2020 5:09 AM

Nov 2008
Not gonna lie, at first i didn't get that these different Sakura lookalikes getting married at the beginning were how everyone imagined her marriage. The wedding ceremony itself was hella weird with those oni masks and authentic japanese YOOOOOOOOOOOO.

All in all, this OVA served as a fine addition to the game with lots of high quality animation all over the place.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 6, 2020 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Sakura got some good friends out there...somewhere in the sky in a highspeed zeppelin powered by a steam engine.

It took 6 episodes but Ohgami flashback night is over, sad to see him leave the team, I hope he will be featured in the other ova's or movie

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Taisen: Gouka Kenran Episode 4 Discussion

Niveen_Sleem - Apr 21, 2017

3 by deoclasher88 »»
Jun 15, 2023 1:15 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen: Gouka Kenran Episode 1 Discussion

3 by Josie5 »»
May 30, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen: Gouka Kenran Episode 5 Discussion

Niveen_Sleem - Apr 22, 2017

1 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 11:31 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen: Gouka Kenran Episode 3 Discussion

2 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 10:38 AM

Poll: » Sakura Taisen: Gouka Kenran Episode 2 Discussion

Genoard - May 23, 2020

1 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2020 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.