Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2014 6:18 AM

Apr 2014
I would totally laugh if he chose Kenny
Dec 8, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
That was a good episode, more info dumping, and finally know what the ghosts are.

icanhazqnime said:
I would totally laugh if he chose Kenny

i'd give the show 10/10 and call it the best thing ever.
Dec 8, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
So from what i understand the way to avoid Kaori's death is for Sou to pick another girl instead of Kaori?
And Yui who is supposed to prevent's Kaori's death doesn't want sow to love anyone besides Kaori which leads to disaster.

In the means time and time loops she created are starting to act up and things are becoming a mess so she doesn't have much time left.
Dec 8, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
Aversa said:
So from what i understand the way to avoid Kaori's death is for Sou to pick another girl instead of Kaori?

Not really, Sou need to reply to Kaori's confession and become her boyfriend...
Dec 8, 2014 5:07 PM
Oct 2012
Werchiel said:
@Takuan_Soho
I've seen many fanboys in my life but you win the award for this year - and since it's December already I must trully congratulate you. Advice for the future - use less poison in your posts. Maybe then someone would consider taking them seriously.

Don't care. I have been polite about this since the 1st episode and 2nd episode (when they first did the tie thing), finally got tired and annoyed at the idiots repeating the same stupid things over and over again. As far as I can tell no one on these threads are even READING any posts. That is until I used the "poison", shows what works doesn't it.

If this is really a QC issue answer a simple question. Why is it only happening to Yui? If it were truly a QC issue than it should be happening to other characters.

In addition, this show has made it clear from the beginning that Yui is going to parallel dimensions, so one would think that this point and the previous point might cause someone to go "hey wait a second". But nope, easier to think that the writers/directors/animators are all making multiple basic errors and that only you noticed.
Dec 8, 2014 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:
That's just embarassing, do they even care about quality check?
lol, i can't even...

This was an okayish episode, 3/5

This is like a shitty Steins Gate
PriestSlayerDec 8, 2014 9:07 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 9, 2014 6:02 AM

Nov 2014
Stop dying Kaori. I had a supernatural deja-vú lol
Dec 9, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2013
Hearing Yui's POV, I can clearly see that she has a mistake on why Kaori is dying and please Kaori, you don't have the right to get jealous and ask the two about their feelings if you haven't confessed yet.

So in the end, I think Yui is waaaay suited for Sou than Kaori.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 9, 2014 7:43 PM
Oct 2012
PriestSlayer said:
This is like a shitty Steins Gate

Nope, just shitty viewers.
Dec 10, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
Well, much like my opinions of this series through the episodes thus far, it seems the people here switch between two extremes- those who love this and those don't comprehend it.

So, during all of those slice of life episodes in the beginning I was bored to death and couldn't keep up with what this series was supposed to be about. It's all come together very nicely in the last few episodes and I must say I'm impressed with how they tie it all together. There are a lot of subtle clues buried all through the episodes, including those so called "mistakes" with Yui's clothes/accessories.

This episode kind of put a neat little bow on the whole package, explaining things from Yui's perspective puts the finishing touches on everything we've learned up to now. Quantum mechanics, multiple dimensions, string theory, m-theory, reverse time travel- as far as theoretical/fringe science goes this one isn't bad.

Now, on to the actual storyline. I saw the Yui x Sou relationship from the start, and I actually like her a lot more than Kaori. Kaori has been nothing but an annoying trainwreck of emotional baggage all locked inside her tiny little cage, and honestly I've wanted her to stay dead since the "second" death a few episodes back. I actually find it kind of pathetic that Sou and Co. would spend so many years trying to either wake her up from her coma or sending someone back in time to save her. If they really loved her they wouldn't leave her in a damned coma that long, they'd have let her go and moved on- which I'm sure is what she'd want if she had any say in it. I mean, seriously, if I were in a coma there was no chance of me coming out of- I would much rather my loved ones let me die and moved on to lead happy lives instead of spending all those years obsessing over ways to defy the laws of nature just to keep me around. That's not love, that's psychosis.

All in all, this is probably one of my favorite episodes of the series thus far.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Dec 10, 2014 7:43 PM
Oct 2012
The_Bif said:
I saw the Yui x Sou relationship from the start, and I actually like her a lot more than Kaori.

Ah, prepare to have your mind blown then. I think this episode gave the resolution away (I freely admit that I could be wrong here, but I think not). I will spoil my thought:

As for this being the "perfect Galge", what else can you call a galge that uses quantum physics to explain the different routes (or perhaps vice versa)? That is the genius of this show.
Dec 10, 2014 9:35 PM

Sep 2012
They should seriously just give up on Kaori, imo. She's too fucking stupid and careless. I wonder how many of her deaths was because she doesn't have the common sense to look both ways or simply take two steps backwards.

And Sou being the completely oblivious mc that he is, is also a lost cause. He's on Ichika level of oblivious and it pisses me off at times. In a way, those two are perfect for each other.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Dec 11, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Unfair 6.50. Period.

Takuan_Soho said:
Carefree859 said:
How can Yui be this stupid I mean she does remember each time she has tried to save Kaori and failed right and each time she has never told them who she really is
I mean what the hell why doesn't she just tell them who she really is to have help in saving Kaori instead of doing it herself has she not learned from the previous 1000 times.

Are all the viewers of this show idiots? Based on their posts, it certainly seems so.

It was explained this episode that if Yui tries to directly change time the results are worse for all involved. Can't you understand simple subtitles? Do they need to actually dance around and use highlighters and exclamation points to get you to pay attention to the friggin dialog? This is why people who come into contact with her quantum image go comatose.

As for the idiots feeling so superior about the "mistakes" in animation. Let me make this clear:

YOUR FEELING OF SUPERIORITY ONLY SHOW HOW PATHETICALLY DENSE YOU REALLY ARE. YUI IS NOT TIME TRAVELING, SHE IS TRAVELING THROUGH MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS TRYING TO FIND THE COMBINATION THAT WILL SAVE KAORI. THE CHANGES IN DRESS (ALSO THE CHANGES IN HER TIE FROM THE SECOND EPISODE) WERE BOTH DONE ON PURPOSE TO SHOW THAT MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS HAVE BEEN MADE. THEY ARE NOT "MISTAKES" OR IN NEED OF QUALITY CONTROL. THEY ARE A CREATIVE WAY OF SHOWING THE VIEWER THAT WE ARE SEEING THE SAME EVENT FOR YUI OCCURRING MULTIPLE TIMES.

Yui even explained this during the episode, but I guess paying attention to dialog is too complicated for some people.

We are at the 10th episode, an idiot could have figured this out by the second episode. Even before we got to the plot, it was clear enough from the first episode that this was the case. Go read my post from October 4th to show that anyone with even average intelligence could have figure this out.

Let me give you detractors a life lesson. Creators are smarter than you. If you think you have spotted a mistake, 99.9999% of the time the mistake lies within your brain, not the show. Please just have the decency to crawl back under your rock or bridge and join you intellectual companions because you mouth breathing, neuron clogged, cranial capacity lacking troglodytes are only capable of grunts and crotch scratching.

Thank god that Japanese animators don't care about foreign audiences, because it is unfortunately too clear that said fans can only handle shows with the intellectual depth of Pokemon (though I am probably being too harsh on Pokemon, it is far deeper than most westerners apparently can handle). It's not even that this show is particularly intellectual, it's just that the writers gave their fans a bit of credit to be able to figure things out for themselves. That overestimates the western market.

So again, six episodes ago the teacher explained that there were 11 or 12 dimensions in quantum physics. The numbers they show every episodes so far have only gone up to 11. Do you get it now? Yui will save Kaori with her 12th attempt.

Nothing is as annoying as watching idiots pat themselves on the back over their own ignorance.

+1

removed-userDec 11, 2014 11:40 AM
Dec 11, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Carefree859 said:
How can Yui be this stupid I mean she does remember each time she has tried to save Kaori and failed right and each time she has never told them who she really is
I mean what the hell why doesn't she just tell them who she really is to have help in saving Kaori instead of doing it herself has she not learned from the previous 1000 times.

Are all the viewers of this show idiots? Based on their posts, it certainly seems so.

It was explained this episode that if Yui tries to directly change time the results are worse for all involved. Can't you understand simple subtitles? Do they need to actually dance around and use highlighters and exclamation points to get you to pay attention to the friggin dialog? This is why people who come into contact with her quantum image go comatose.

As for the idiots feeling so superior about the "mistakes" in animation. Let me make this clear:

YOUR FEELING OF SUPERIORITY ONLY SHOW HOW PATHETICALLY DENSE YOU REALLY ARE. YUI IS NOT TIME TRAVELING, SHE IS TRAVELING THROUGH MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS TRYING TO FIND THE COMBINATION THAT WILL SAVE KAORI. THE CHANGES IN DRESS (ALSO THE CHANGES IN HER TIE FROM THE SECOND EPISODE) WERE BOTH DONE ON PURPOSE TO SHOW THAT MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS HAVE BEEN MADE. THEY ARE NOT "MISTAKES" OR IN NEED OF QUALITY CONTROL. THEY ARE A CREATIVE WAY OF SHOWING THE VIEWER THAT WE ARE SEEING THE SAME EVENT FOR YUI OCCURRING MULTIPLE TIMES.

Yui even explained this during the episode, but I guess paying attention to dialog is too complicated for some people.

We are at the 10th episode, an idiot could have figured this out by the second episode. Even before we got to the plot, it was clear enough from the first episode that this was the case. Go read my post from October 4th to show that anyone with even average intelligence could have figure this out.

Let me give you detractors a life lesson. Creators are smarter than you. If you think you have spotted a mistake, 99.9999% of the time the mistake lies within your brain, not the show. Please just have the decency to crawl back under your rock or bridge and join you intellectual companions because you mouth breathing, neuron clogged, cranial capacity lacking troglodytes are only capable of grunts and crotch scratching.

Thank god that Japanese animators don't care about foreign audiences, because it is unfortunately too clear that said fans can only handle shows with the intellectual depth of Pokemon (though I am probably being too harsh on Pokemon, it is far deeper than most westerners apparently can handle). It's not even that this show is particularly intellectual, it's just that the writers gave their fans a bit of credit to be able to figure things out for themselves. That overestimates the western market.

So again, six episodes ago the teacher explained that there were 11 or 12 dimensions in quantum physics. The numbers they show every episodes so far have only gone up to 11. Do you get it now? Yui will save Kaori with her 12th attempt.

Nothing is as annoying as watching idiots pat themselves on the back over their own ignorance.

FINALLY!!!!!!
100% my thoughts, thanks. But people are just too stupid for understand it. Take a look which seasonal animes are rated high, 90% of those are shows for brainwashed zombies.

But it is not all, look, how many people watching this show for 'funny' engrish of Kenny. I don't even want to comment it, because it is pathetic.
rsc-plDec 11, 2014 3:35 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
While I can see where this is all going, it reminds me of the movie "The Butterfly Effect" a good/great concept where execution was done poorly. You can say there where "hints" and subtle notes that foreshadow what is going to happen. Unlike other popular animes this season which beat it over your head what is going to happen. They either do not make it feel like a hint (aka somethings off here!?), then it turns around in this episode as blatant.

Also a good rule that should of been put in place here is the keep it simple rule. While you can put in some scientific theories it does not make you into a science-fiction. Where time travel is already in place, and we have accepted it; therefore not rooted in reality, we can extrapolate on this and play on it bit clearer. While the ghosts was great I did love that hint, and if they worked more on that, and the issues of time travel it would of been better then adding in extra to make to try and make it bigger than what it is.

The only real this that has hurt this anime so far has been the mid-part, or Act 2. I felt after episode three and the first death, the pace slowed to SoL, while she tried to fix this, I feel at this time we should of been in Kaori's mind seeing why she was doing that, since the narrative runs smoother through her. Then we can go through the future stuff for a quick Act 3, and resolution of "saving" the timeline.

From what I have seen this is an adaptation Visual Novel, it seems like it would run smoother in that than how it is being portrayed right now in anime form. Also I do find aside from the clothes changing, the animation has been hit or miss. Sometimes I feel the art is spot on, while other times I feel it should of gotten some extra polish.

Pretty much how I feel episode 10 sums up everything I have thought of this anime to date. A good idea, some okay art, but the execution is not spot on.
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Dec 11, 2014 8:34 PM
Oct 2012
Snokle said:
Pretty much how I feel episode 10 sums up everything I have thought of this anime to date. A good idea, some okay art, but the execution is not spot on.

You know I am not even trying to argue that this is a good show (at least not yet, I see SO many possibilities, but fear the show is not up to them), but that doesn't distract from the fact that most of the critics here are just too effing stupid to get what is going on.

Ah, the movie the "butterfly effect" was actually based on a 60 year old Ray Bradbury story entitled "A Sound of Thunder" so time traveling paradoxes are not new (I also recommend the story, absolutely awesome as one would expect from Bradbury).

However this show is not a simple "time travel" story. It is a quantum physics story. Even better, as far as I can tell, it takes the structure of a galge and translates it into a quantum physics story. This is why I wait in such eager anticipation for the conclusion, if the writers of this show can pull off what they are trying to accomplish it will be awesome.

But even if this show flames out in the end, it really doesn't matter. It at least gives so much to inspire one's imagination, that even if the writers fail, I at least have this much.
Dec 12, 2014 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
Wow the last two episodes were great, everything fits together now ! Poor Yui anyway ...
I'm happy to have decided to see this series !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 12, 2014 5:58 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Snokle said:

You know I am not even trying to argue that this is a good show (at least not yet, I see SO many possibilities, but fear the show is not up to them), but that doesn't distract from the fact that most of the critics here are just too effing stupid to get what is going on.

I was not really targeting you on this, I am not sure why this why need to tell me about the critics of you or others, since everyone's opinions on a fictional show are valid until proven properly wrong, which is always debatable, but I would not call other stupid for what they interpret out of it.

Ah, the movie the "butterfly effect" was actually based on a 60 year old Ray Bradbury story entitled "A Sound of Thunder" so time traveling paradoxes are not new (I also recommend the story, absolutely awesome as one would expect from Bradbury).

Thank you for the recommendation, I will read this short story. I always like these stories and usually the older sci-fi is better. Although for time paradoxes are not new indeed. I never really said that, it was a parallel I saw during this iteration, which people could recall quickly. Still from my knowledge as long as we though of time travel time paradoxes have always existed, and make many fun debates.

However this show is not a simple "time travel" story. It is a quantum physics story. Even better, as far as I can tell, it takes the structure of a galge and translates it into a quantum physics story. This is why I wait in such eager anticipation for the conclusion, if the writers of this show can pull off what they are trying to accomplish it will be awesome.

If I put this through that is is a simple "time travel" story then I am sorry. What I said it should of been, since there is always more and more ways to explore the ideas of time travel with new and sophisticated ways in life; even if it is cliche to do it to save a loved one. Now for the quantum theory; and particular m-theory that is a novel way to push this, but it is not. I like to think of myself as an educated person, always trying to learn more, but after doing some research into quantum physics and string and m-theory (I get bored at work); this is not the case here. These are all relatively knew theories in science, which need more research into. Aside from the point, that string, and M-theory do not give much weight into time travel. Since dimensions do not properly work that way in that field, since they are devised a planes.

Do not get me wrong, I love over-analysis of shows and films, but this one is a red herring here. The show is about a person trying to bring back the love he always had through time travel, a simple story spiced with quantum theories.

But even if this show flames out in the end, it really doesn't matter. It at least gives so much to inspire one's imagination, that even if the writers fail, I at least have this much.

While I love people (especially women) to be inspired to go into the sciences, I do not think this will help if that is what you are saying. While it could be great for people to go into literature, with stories of grandeur, I do not think it will be like a Star Trek inspiration where people want to explore the stars. Still if people want to get into the sciences like quantum mechanics from this, each to their own.
I am starting my own blog now; but you will probably not like it.

https://goodbadotaku.wordpress.com/
Dec 12, 2014 6:27 PM
Oct 2012
Snokle said:
I am not sure why this why need to tell me about the critics of you or others, since everyone's opinions on a fictional show are valid until proven properly wrong, which is always debatable, but I would not call other stupid for what they interpret out of it.

My rant was primarily arrayed against the multitude of people who think that Yui's cloth changing is a mistake and has not been done on purpose, even after the show itself explained that she is traveling through parallel dimensions (and as I pointed out it has only happened to Yui).

Alternative interpretations are only worthy as long as it conforms to the what the story itself says. When people start ignoring the scenes/dialog/ or facts of the story because it contradicts their preconceived theory, then their interpretation is "stupid". I have come up with some bizarre interpretations of stories (it is what I love to do), but I have never (to the best of my knowledge) not violated this principle. When the facts don't fit I adjust my theory.

Snokle said:
Thank you for the recommendation, I will read this short story. I always like these stories and usually the older sci-fi is better. Although for time paradoxes are not new indeed. I never really said that, it was a parallel I saw during this iteration, which people could recall quickly. Still from my knowledge as long as we though of time travel time paradoxes have always existed, and make many fun debates.

To be perfectly factual, "Sound of Thunder" is not really a "time paradox" story, it uses time travel but primarily to create the image of the "butterfly effect" (which later ironically had a mathematical basis). A better "time paradox" story would be RA Heinlein's "By His Bootstrap" and "All You Zombies", two classics in the genre.

Snokle said:
Do not get me wrong, I love over-analysis of shows and films, but this one is a red herring here. The show is about a person trying to bring back the love he always had through time travel, a simple story spiced with quantum theories.

I have to disagree. The number of references has been far too many to be mere chance. Subtle hints have been Kenny's "girlfriend's" picture changing, the ghost (the ghost are alternative Yui's in different dimensions, and the changes to Yui's clothing. They have mentioned quantum physics multiple times, the point behind Schrodinger's cat is that you only know what dimension you are in when you open the box (and this is why there are two tubes in the future). There has been other hints not yet explained, but I am expecting to be explained before the end (particularly the box falling scene from episode 2 I believe), as well as the multiple ways Kaori has been injured, which seems to be what prevents her from avoiding the accident.

Snokle said:
While I love people (especially women) to be inspired to go into the sciences, I do not think this will help if that is what you are saying. While it could be great for people to go into literature, with stories of grandeur, I do not think it will be like a Star Trek inspiration where people want to explore the stars. Still if people want to get into the sciences like quantum mechanics from this, each to their own.

No, what I mean is purely speculating about what could happen in this story. I love guessing, for me a novel or show is like a xmas present just waiting to be unraveled. Of course upon opening, or viewing, one can find that they received a chunk of coal, but at least (to mix my metaphors), the firing of my imagination will keep me warm despite the frost of disappointment.

Edit: Just noticed that one of my reasons doesn't work, the numbers are just dates. Still think that the rest is true, but when I screw up I confess, I don't pretend that it never happened.
Takuan_SohoDec 12, 2014 7:20 PM
Dec 14, 2014 3:37 AM
Apr 2014
Hmm that just can't end well. Yui said way too much to Sou. On the other hand it seems like this is the first timeline on which things are going much differently. Maybe that was the way to go.
Dec 16, 2014 8:23 AM

Jan 2008
@Takuan_Soho

Look - even if I would give this show 8 or 9 points for the story (which I'm not since it's not personally very grasping for me) I would still never give it a higher note than 7 (possibly less). The main reason is for the characters which I hate. Especialy Kaori - she is really a top contender for one of the worst, most annoying, chickenshit characters of all-time (Shinji is still first though - his hegemony is unrivalled).

I do fint it amazing that you're trying so hard as to defend this series. If - as you say - everyone who rates is low is an idiot then why are you even wasting your time to convince said "idiots". What could it possibly achieve? Sometimes it really is better to let go. You clearly have no way of convincing anyone here since you said it yourself - barely anyone even reads those posts.

I would appreciate it more if you could make a 1:1 comparison to the VN since I've been hearing it's much better.

It would all depend on the ending but for now it's between 6 and 7. The rating will raise for me by 1 point for sure if Kaori is dead at the end of the series.

By the way - Yui realizes already that the more she goes back the more casualties she is causing due to her ghosts. And I can't really sympatize with a character that is willing to sacrifice hundreds of people for the sake of one.

PS.
Why can't people just enjoy it for themselves? Isn't it what enternainment is all about? The ratings shouldn't even matter. If it's a 10/10 series for you then it's a 10 out of 10 series. I have plenty of series with lower ratings that I absolutely love (Kaze no Stigma is one of my all-time favourite series for example) and it all depends on our preferences.
I allways believed that you can go about 2 ways in judging (be it anime, game, movie - whatever) - you either go analitical about it or you just go with your gut and give it whatever you feel it deserves based solely on your enjoyment.
Think about that.
WerchielDec 16, 2014 8:30 AM
Dec 21, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
This has quickly turned into NTR show

edit: the debate in this episode discussion thread is hilarious.
bunny1ov3rDec 21, 2014 3:18 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 28, 2014 4:01 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that reconstructs the facts but narrating them in a different way, using circumstantial events that complete the picture, and now everything is clear.
Intriguing evolution and the problems that arise.
Drawings are not the best and some flaw of too much is not permissible, but I care more about the history, the rest can be corrected when they are released BDs.
More and more curious to find out how the story will end.
Dec 28, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode, again.Things speed up and we were shown another couple of bad ends. That scene in park was also good one. Her ghosts of past tries were pretty expected thing though. Still, I am wondering how come Yui remembers everything that happened before?

I wonder what they'll do with those comatose people that suffered from syndrome when touching Yui, that's some serious business.
Dec 29, 2014 3:01 AM

Aug 2014
Werchiel said:
@Takuan_Soho

Look - even if I would give this show 8 or 9 points for the story (which I'm not since it's not personally very grasping for me) I would still never give it a higher note than 7 (possibly less). The main reason is for the characters which I hate. Especialy Kaori - she is really a top contender for one of the worst, most annoying, chickenshit characters of all-time (Shinji is still first though - his hegemony is unrivalled).

I do fint it amazing that you're trying so hard as to defend this series. If - as you say - everyone who rates is low is an idiot then why are you even wasting your time to convince said "idiots". What could it possibly achieve? Sometimes it really is better to let go. You clearly have no way of convincing anyone here since you said it yourself - barely anyone even reads those posts.

I would appreciate it more if you could make a 1:1 comparison to the VN since I've been hearing it's much better.

It would all depend on the ending but for now it's between 6 and 7. The rating will raise for me by 1 point for sure if Kaori is dead at the end of the series.

By the way - Yui realizes already that the more she goes back the more casualties she is causing due to her ghosts. And I can't really sympatize with a character that is willing to sacrifice hundreds of people for the sake of one.

PS.
Why can't people just enjoy it for themselves? Isn't it what enternainment is all about? The ratings shouldn't even matter. If it's a 10/10 series for you then it's a 10 out of 10 series. I have plenty of series with lower ratings that I absolutely love (Kaze no Stigma is one of my all-time favourite series for example) and it all depends on our preferences.
I allways believed that you can go about 2 ways in judging (be it anime, game, movie - whatever) - you either go analitical about it or you just go with your gut and give it whatever you feel it deserves based solely on your enjoyment.
Think about that.

This, it's not like this show is going to get a second season.
Dec 29, 2014 3:21 AM

Aug 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Carefree859 said:

Opinions... Opinions
As much as I want to disagree with you, I'd have to agree. But still, the way you interpret your statements really annoys me.

Just because you like this kind of genre, doesn't mean everybody else who doesn't is stupid. If other people misunderstood what's going on, just correct them nicely.

And hey, popular Animes are popular for a reason, it's because they're good for anyone who likes that genre. I hate Bleach very much, but I can't deny that it's really popular. I hate Pokemon games because it's just the same game over and over, but hey, that's just because it's not my taste. I hated Kill la Kill because the story was really simple, it's like there's no story at all, but hey people like that anime because of the action, so basically, I was expecting the wrong thing.

And creators are smarter than the people here? Than us? I must be really smart then because I've created a lot of things.
Jan 3, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, another decent episode. 2-9 should have been a single episode.

Wonder why Yui keeps stealing Kaori's bear.
Jan 14, 2015 7:27 PM

May 2012
Ow snap! Messing with the timeline too much sure ain't good! Let's hope something does come from all these changes though.
Jan 16, 2015 5:04 PM

Nov 2007
What the freak? Im starting to hate it! If Sou will really fall in love with Yui, the one he created. I would really hate this one. From the start, they are rooting for Kaori and then it will twist that way? What a freakin twist!
Mar 22, 2016 12:09 AM

Mar 2010
The last few episodes have been really interesting. I wonder why it couldn't be so interesting right from the start. The first half of the show was watchable, but there wasn't anything special about it aside from some hints (that could have been handled better). They just failed horribly at creating atmosphere since they presented is with pointless slice of life moments, then something significant happened (like the appearance of the ghost), but they proceeded to ignore it and go back to slice of life. It just took them too long to show Kaori's second death and I feel the show has lost its momentum because of it. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad had the characters been entertaining, but while they're not horrible, they're a bit bland, so the show can't really rely on them. Anyway, I'm enjoying the show now, yet I'm a bit sad about the wasted potential.
Jul 26, 2016 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
OP changed from Kaori to Yui.

I said it before. Yui is fucking shit up.

I knew the ghost was Yui.

LMAO So I'm not the only one who noticed Yui's clothes changing color.

I forgot to mention this before, but luckily it appeared in this episode again: Hmm...someone from the future gets a badge to show that they are a member of a club. Now what does that remind me of? lol
RobJul 26, 2016 10:30 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 2, 2017 9:06 PM

May 2015
Now all the ghost/apparitions make sense, but they are dangerous as well...!

Talk about making me dislike/disapprove Old-Sou actions he keeps sending Yui back triggering others to get caught in this mess (I think at some point he had to know what he was causing [other people to go into sleep/coma]) but nonetheless he continues to send the poor girl, causing her to despair because of his inability to fulfil her purpose/change Kaori destiny (plus seeing her accident so many times) and I may add without thinking of the possibility that Yiu may have feelings (Old-Sou) or develop feelings for him (Young-Sou) instead of realizing that the whole mess is because his regret/because of him… you reply to Kaori confession then reject her or accept Kaori love that is it…!

animefan8800 said:
saving Kaori would be a hollow victory if it meant Sou ended up loving Yui instead, and I still feel this way. The show sets you up to root for the intial pairing and then goes this route. It's...pretty manipulative huh? Regardless of how it ends I'm officially tired of this now though. Let's just finish this up already...
I co-sign this...

Atavistic said:
this episode took an entirely different path to the one that I was expecting it to take. I'm surprised that Sou has ended up falling for Yui, but I wonder how he will feel after Yui tells him everything, seeing as it seems like the ending of this episode was leading to that eventuality.
+1

Vindstot said:
Looks like Yui has always known the causes behind the ghost phenomena, but had to stay quiet to maintain and not disturb the flow of time.

A bit surprised to see how assertive Sou is towards Yui, which is completely opposite when it comes to Kaori. (And she the one that wants it too).
+1

drama_menck said:
Great episode, more facts were enlightened and the view of Yui was shown, but Sou is getting irritating, his indecision seems to be the center point of the series, this way it will eventually only hurting all the girls ..
I want to see how the story will continue to develop ..
This...

c_ivan13 said:
i kinda woulda thought that since yui has gone back so many times and can remember everything that she would have realized by now that everytime she talks to sou kaori get depressed and ends up dying soon after.
+1

guyklc said:
I think both Sou and Kaori have a lot to blame for Kaori's demise. Sou, for being a massive idiot and dickhead about everything that's going on around him (look, I know he's the MC-kun of a romance anime, but even this is too dense); Kaori for being super jealous for no reason.
+1

The_Bif said:
I actually find it kind of pathetic that Sou and Co. would spend so many years trying to either wake her up from her coma or sending someone back in time to save her. If they really loved her they wouldn't leave her in a damned coma that long, they'd have let her go and moved on- which I'm sure is what she'd want if she had any say in it. I mean, seriously, if I were in a coma there was no chance of me coming out of- I would much rather my loved ones let me die and moved on to lead happy lives instead of spending all those years obsessing over ways to defy the laws of nature just to keep me around. That's not love, that's psychosis.
+1

Mich666 said:
I wonder what they'll do with those comatose people that suffered from syndrome when touching Yui, that's some serious business.
This AF...
Aug 24, 2019 4:19 AM

Sep 2008
It seems they fixed the animation errors in the bluray version I'm watching. It's also been uncensored this whole time.
Feb 17, 2021 2:44 AM

Feb 2019
Did not realise the animation fail posted on this forum at all. Damn, how could they miss colour changes that badly?

So far, story-wise, this is turning out far better than I anticipated. Up until this episode, I don't see the reason for the low score on MAL, but an ending is really important. I guess we'll see.
Apr 21, 2022 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
Soo.. the story focused on Yui now..
About the struggle she has to face just to save one life..

This reminds me of Homura 😏
The only fault is that Yui exsistance itself is contradict with Kaori's feeling..

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.