15th Anniversary
Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 11 Discussion


#1
Dec 4, 2014 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114037
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fight was alright in space I suppose.

It's conflict against the Capital Army again. What a surprise The best imo of the episode is actually Klem fighting. The war is far from over though so I'm curious what else both sides got. Really liked how Bell took the fight on his own terms against that Mask guy this episode.
Modified by Stark700, Dec 4, 2014 3:03 PM
 
#2
Dec 4, 2014 12:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
The worst thing that could ever happened for today's episode.....

1) Capital Army are almost filled with amateurs while Amerians are all battle hardened. Its pretty obvious that they lack strategy and teamwork to battle in space, what a bad debut they had.

2) Capital Army couldn't even stand a chance even with good suits. Disappointment.

3) Amerian Fleet has 3 times the size of Capital Army's. Amerians have 2-3 warships in space (To be confirmed) while another 6 departed from earth on course to Sankt Porto. Amerians are always ready to kick ass.

4) Next battle will most probably be at Sankt Porto, known as the 'Last Nut'?? G-Self will launch in Assault Pack, those 2 beam shots fired from Assault Pack continuously as shown in next week's preview are most probably Mega Particle Cannon.

More reviews to come...
 
#3
Dec 4, 2014 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 9
Did anyone see that book tossed to bell in the preview, was that a TURN A symbol on the cover? Turn A Gundam???
 
#4
Dec 4, 2014 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
Cheeze_whiZ said:
Did anyone see that book tossed to bell in the preview, was that a TURN A symbol on the cover? Turn A Gundam???

wow rly? hype.
need watch ASAP, too bad its midnight and have to wait tommorow after classes :(
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
#5
Dec 4, 2014 4:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
Cheeze_whiZ said:
Did anyone see that book tossed to bell in the preview, was that a TURN A symbol on the cover? Turn A Gundam???


Yeah. The episode has so many direct references to Turn A, that I wonder how to comment without spoilers. Actually, here the Reguild era locks its place in the Gundam franchise. Knowing the aftermaths from UC and before-Turn A, well ..., either G-reco won't be the only series planned for the era to explain/link them, or shit is bound to hit the fan later in the series.

The mysteries behind Bellri and Raraiya's origin intensify. I remember Cumpa was pondering about the pirate attack and Bellri's existence being "not a coincidence", and the pope muttered that Raraiya was too young for "something" around episodes 1 and 2. "You have been (properly) warned".

Good episode, loved the Turn A rips :))
 
#6
Dec 4, 2014 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6191
The fight in the space was alright!

They are against the Capital Army again.
 
#7
Dec 4, 2014 10:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2861
And here I was thinking Ameria was the underdogs. Fantastic episode, Manny is mad jelly of Barara hahaha.
[center]
 
#8
Dec 4, 2014 11:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 17
Cheeze_whiZ said:
Did anyone see that book tossed to bell in the preview, was that a TURN A symbol on the cover? Turn A Gundam???

That logo was already in the original Gundam on its instructions (and I think some later UCs also used it that way):
 
#9
Dec 5, 2014 1:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
^ True dat. Looking for a (Gundam) manual is a running joke throughout the whole UC franchise. It also denotes the difference b/w the regular Earth Federation mobile suits and the V-project suits (the "extreme" Gundams).

However, the Turn A reference is stronger here, because of the flipped V(ictory), the "turn code", and the existence of X (which technically has the crossbone shape as another reference):



Turn A spoilers:



That is to say, find as many Gundam references as you could :) It's really amusing thing to do and share. Of course, Gundamfagg was right about the Yazan reference in the previous episode, but the entire scene contains as much references to the Black Tri-star bravado in 0079 (along with their boss), and the team in Double Zeta, which name I forgot, ... so, bring them on! :D
Modified by zellami, Dec 5, 2014 1:54 AM
 
Dec 5, 2014 3:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 1429
Even with the latest toys, the Capital Army just can't win, huh.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

 
Dec 5, 2014 9:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
zellami said:




Turn A spoilers and back history.



Not a bad episode, hopefully we'll be finding out what's going on with the moon soon.
 
Dec 5, 2014 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3976
zellami said:
The mysteries behind Bellri and Raraiya's origin intensify. I remember Cumpa was pondering about the pirate attack and Bellri's existence being "not a coincidence", and the pope muttered that Raraiya was too young for "something" around episodes 1 and 2. "You have been (properly) warned".

And Aida. Check who the G-Self reacts to and you can extrapolate.

Luin is a pitiful Char clone.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Dec 5, 2014 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
Imateria said:
zellami said:




Turn A spoilers and back history.



Not a bad episode, hopefully we'll be finding out what's going on with the moon soon.


Wow, 10000 years? I don't mind the correction or anything, but could you point out some source and would you like to write a timeline from Victory to Turn A (with Reguild) and anything you find important to be known?

For the record, the cross-references I adhere most are the anime series themselves. I am afraid I am not familiar with many of the other media releases; to cup it, some of them I had to read backwards (latest translated releases first, and so on) -_-;
 
Dec 5, 2014 1:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
zellami said:
Wow, 10000 years? I don't mind the correction or anything, but could you point out some source and would you like to write a timeline from Victory to Turn A (with Reguild) and anything you find important to be known?


Spoilers for Turn A's big reveal:

 
Dec 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
^ Oh, thanks. First time me hearing this. To be honest, I don't remember such a revelation in the series. It looks like an extended speculation to me. Mostly because the point of "humanity repeating the same mistake over and over again" was pretty well supported by the images from different UC Gundams.

Questions:
 
Dec 5, 2014 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137


@Zellami, you asked about my sources, most of it comes from the Turn X Gundam's entry on the Gundam Wiki and the series itself. The Timeline is a little difficult to work out but from what I can tell the UC came to an end some time after Victory, I suspect not that long after (and I'm ignore G-Saviour, which isn't generally considered cannon), and G-Reco takes place 1000 years after that (the first ep said the date was something like 1014 Reguild Century). Sometime after that the Turn X shows up and the Turn A gets built, there's a war and game over (no concrete dates here unfortunately). Turn A takes place a long way into the future, I've said 10 000 years because I'm pretty certain that was mentioned towards the end of the series in the reveal of the Dark History episode, but it might "only" have been 3000 years, either way it wasn't overly specific on the time but Turn A takes place in CC2243 so it's going to be some time after.

The thing to remember is there's not a lot of information, if any, on what comes after Victory as Tomino never went back to it other than the Crossbone Gundam manga's, and they were to fill the gap between F91 and Victory, so part of the point of G-Reco is to fill that gap between Victory and Turn A
 
Dec 5, 2014 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
whats the story of gundam x?
its too damn boring and unattractive i ended up dropping it at like episode 4
the only gundam series i have ever dropped
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Dec 5, 2014 4:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
zellami said:
^ Oh, thanks. First time me hearing this. To be honest, I don't remember such a revelation in the series. It looks like an extended speculation to me.




Imateria said:


Ah, thanks for the corrections. Now that leaves me curious how the reset happens. Is that covered in any supplementary material?

As for Gundam X... it's an alternate take on UC, but not directly. You never see new, altered versions of the UC cast or organisations; instead you get analogues and mash-ups (like Jamil, who's an Amuro/Quatro/Bright mash-up). So I think being an actual part of the meta-timeline makes sense (although I personally put it directly after UC to explain the UC similarities... and Newtypes).
 
Dec 5, 2014 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
afistofjustice said:
zellami said:
^ Oh, thanks. First time me hearing this. To be honest, I don't remember such a revelation in the series. It looks like an extended speculation to me.




Sorry, but I rewatched episode 43 and I do find it was a speculation. Indeed, there are a couple of images of X and Wing, but the most part of the exposition is strictly from the UC era, which Harry and Diana also confirm. It clearly groups existing at the time alternative Gundams in the major storyline, nothing more. Even if the alts weren't there, the story would be just the same - "somehow" the humanity would come to create Turn A and screw it up big this time around.
 
Dec 6, 2014 1:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
zellami said:
afistofjustice said:




Sorry, but I rewatched episode 43 and I do find it was a speculation. Indeed, there are a couple of images of X and Wing, but the most part of the exposition is strictly from the UC era, which Harry and Diana also confirm. It clearly groups existing at the time alternative Gundams in the major storyline, nothing more. Even if the alts weren't there, the story would be just the same - "somehow" the humanity would come to create Turn A and screw it up big this time around.

How would u guys explain this guy by the name Corin Nander from Turn A? He is a soldier of a past era, was in cold sleep until CC, he is from After Colony Era (He recalled back his memories after witnessing Turn A's Moonlight Butterfly), He shouted 'Gundam!!!!!!!!!' with a shocking face (The image appeared in his memory is Gundam Wing) . Try explaining this folks????
 
Dec 6, 2014 1:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
Furthermore, Mobile Suits like Mack Knifes, Elf Bullocks, Elf Bull closely resembles the 'Flat' from Turn A Gundam.

Technology in G-Reco are much more superior than X and Wing if u would. So its a dillusion or dilemma. Black History has yet to be justified.
 
Dec 6, 2014 2:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
Agrippa messed his brain up during the cryo sleep, brainwashing him with images of different Gundams from the DH, such that he would herald " A GUNDAM!!" with a cry every time he sees one and hump even a box toy (because Tomino hated Bandai during Victory)?

* JOKE, JOKE* :D
 
Dec 6, 2014 2:44 AM
Maki's arms

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8720
Anyone know how the show is doing in Japan?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Dec 6, 2014 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
Gundamfagg said:
Furthermore, Mobile Suits like Mack Knifes, Elf Bullocks, Elf Bull closely resembles the 'Flat' from Turn A Gundam.

Technology in G-Reco are much more superior than X and Wing if u would. So its a dillusion or dilemma. Black History has yet to be justified.

The Dark History is everything from UC to whenever the Turn releases it's Moonlit Butterfly and destroys all technology on Earth.

From what we've seen I'd say the G-Self is one of the most advanced mobile suits we've seen in any Gundam continuity, really only behind the Turn A and X, but Earth developed suits like the Caitsith, Wuxia, Mack Knife, Grimoire etc definitely aren't more advanced than the Wing Gundam or Double X, though it's not easy to compare.
 
Dec 6, 2014 9:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
Imateria said:
Gundamfagg said:
Furthermore, Mobile Suits like Mack Knifes, Elf Bullocks, Elf Bull closely resembles the 'Flat' from Turn A Gundam.

Technology in G-Reco are much more superior than X and Wing if u would. So its a dillusion or dilemma. Black History has yet to be justified.

The Dark History is everything from UC to whenever the Turn releases it's Moonlit Butterfly and destroys all technology on Earth.

From what we've seen I'd say the G-Self is one of the most advanced mobile suits we've seen in any Gundam continuity, really only behind the Turn A and X, but Earth developed suits like the Caitsith, Wuxia, Mack Knife, Grimoire etc definitely aren't more advanced than the Wing Gundam or Double X, though it's not easy to compare.

The Elf Bull and Elf Bullocks plus Mack Knifes are cutting edge suits and these suits largely resembles 'Flat' from Turn A, those 'Flat' MS are capable of hovering (Flying) in mid air just like those high end Capital Suits, They are capable of accelerating in high speeds and possessed Kira Yamato's Beam Spam (Metaphoric). The Wuxia's verniers are capable of high altitude jump and hover mid air, most suits in G-Reco are capable of hovering and they are actually pretty fast. They are all engineered with photon batteries (power plants). To say that those suits aren't advanced than the wing and double is a minus point. Seriously. If this show proves that Rose of Hermes blueprint (Technology) is something versatile, than Double X and Wing is out...
Modified by Gundamfagg, Dec 6, 2014 9:20 AM
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2932
Marzan said:
Anyone know how the show is doing in Japan?


Almost incalculably better than it is in the West, but then again they don't seem to have a raging hate on for it at that I'm aware of. It's consistently been one of the better performing shows and is even doing above average for it's time slot which normally doesn't get any measurable ratings at all really. It's also started airing during the day as well which frankly is where it actually belongs so that'll probably help it's exposure and ratings even more.
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Marzan said:
Anyone know how the show is doing in Japan?


Almost incalculably better than it is in the West, but then again they don't seem to have a raging hate on for it at that I'm aware of. It's consistently been one of the better performing shows and is even doing above average for it's time slot which normally doesn't get any measurable ratings at all really. It's also started airing during the day as well which frankly is where it actually belongs so that'll probably help it's exposure and ratings even more.

I'm glad to hear positive comments from Japan. Though in Malaysia, our opinions towards G-Reco is okay too, not much complaints on the plot. But many of the new school Gundam viewers couldn't accept G-Self's design.
 
Dec 6, 2014 11:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
My reasoning went like this after watching G-Reco episode 11.

1) The three people who can pilot G-Self are Raraiya, Bell and Aida.

2) Raraiya and the G-Self came from Towasanga

3) This episode, Wilmit said something. "The Megafauna which Bellri and Aida are aboard has come up into space... The G-Self came down from space... It can't be. I raised Bell." This is what got me thinking Bell may be from Towasanga. It just seems like something odd to say unless there has to be something about Bell being up in space. Considering the earlier revelation that he's adopted, space seems like a likely candidate for his origin and thus he is like Raraiya. Furthermore, from episode 2 where Colonel Cumpa Rushita's reaction towards seeing Bellri in the Capital Academy Cadet Picture by saying 'Its likely all a coincidence... this isn't a sort of thing that someone could plan out in advance'. If Colonel Cumpa Rushita is a meanie spacenoid or an agent then it all made sense.

4) For this to work, Aida has to be from space as well. Who knows Aida could be adopted as well.
 
Dec 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
Gundamfagg said:
Imateria said:

The Dark History is everything from UC to whenever the Turn releases it's Moonlit Butterfly and destroys all technology on Earth.

From what we've seen I'd say the G-Self is one of the most advanced mobile suits we've seen in any Gundam continuity, really only behind the Turn A and X, but Earth developed suits like the Caitsith, Wuxia, Mack Knife, Grimoire etc definitely aren't more advanced than the Wing Gundam or Double X, though it's not easy to compare.

The Elf Bull and Elf Bullocks plus Mack Knifes are cutting edge suits and these suits largely resembles 'Flat' from Turn A, those 'Flat' MS are capable of hovering (Flying) in mid air just like those high end Capital Suits, They are capable of accelerating in high speeds and possessed Kira Yamato's Beam Spam (Metaphoric). The Wuxia's verniers are capable of high altitude jump and hover mid air, most suits in G-Reco are capable of hovering and they are actually pretty fast. They are all engineered with photon batteries (power plants). To say that those suits aren't advanced than the wing and double is a minus point. Seriously. If this show proves that Rose of Hermes blueprint (Technology) is something versatile, than Double X and Wing is out...

The Earth has had a self imposed technology "taboo" on it for god knows how long, the Elf Bullocks and Mack Knife might be cutting edge for the Capitol Army but are technologically inferior to the G-Self, which really is cutting edge as it's from the moon which never had such a taboo placed on it's development. Besides the battery technology, which is of Luna and not Earth origin and I kind of question how much more advanced they are compared to an ultra compact minovsky fusion reactor, I've seen nothing to suggest that the Capitol or Amerian Army mobile suits are more advanced than say the F91, Crossbone or V2 Gundams. I think I'll keep the comparisons to UC suits, as I've said before I consider the Dark History's attempt to link all the AU series with UC and CC was more of an asspull than anything else so I conveniently ignore it as it doesn't change anything.

Regarding your later post, I've said it before, I reckon the three of them are Newtypes and that's why they can operate the G-Self.
 
Dec 6, 2014 10:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
[quote=Imateria][quote=Gundamfagg][quote=Imateria]
Gundamfagg said:


Regarding your later post, I've said it before, I reckon the three of them are Newtypes and that's why they can operate the G-Self.

I don't think they are just newtypes, but spacenoids. Maybe G-Self recognizes them as people from space??? Because G-Self came from space, the owners of this toy must be from space rite??
 
Dec 7, 2014 3:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 140
They got enough backpacks for the G-self for Ban-DIE to make half a dozen kits lol just too bad, the design of the self isnt very appearing to mainstream.

Still very few exposition on the background and the same old issue of enemy character motive and skills wasnt set up properly: such as We never saw how good mask was before he put that mask on...

It is rather clear by now there are three sides and two sides on earth fighting it out to resolve mystery of the space people. The main character seem to be a space child... so means more back story... that needs a longer monologue to get explained.
 
Dec 7, 2014 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
[quote=Gundamfagg][quote=Imateria][quote=Gundamfagg]
Imateria said:
Gundamfagg said:


Regarding your later post, I've said it before, I reckon the three of them are Newtypes and that's why they can operate the G-Self.

I don't think they are just newtypes, but spacenoids. Maybe G-Self recognizes them as people from space??? Because G-Self came from space, the owners of this toy must be from space rite??


I hope not, that's rather vague and people from space are still Human so how would the G-Self be able to tell them apart since the only difference is birth place unless they're Newtypes.
 
Dec 7, 2014 6:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
[quote=Imateria][quote=Gundamfagg]
Imateria said:
[quote=Gundam

I hope not, that's rather vague and people from space are still Human so how would the G-Self be able to tell them apart since the only difference is birth place unless they're Newtypes.


To be honest, there is no such thing as newtypes in the era of reguild century. Newtype is a revelation in UC era, yet still a mystery. But have u have to realize the system 'Rayhunton Code' recognizes Aida, Raraiya and Bellri. This also means that the people from space might have designed it for their own kind so that no one else could pilot the G-Self. If G-Self is manufactured solely for newtypes, and those spacenoids that build the G-Self are from Towasanga , then u are telling me that those people from that mysterious colony are all living newtypes? So basically those people on earth are worshipping new types as their saviour lolol nice theory u have. Btw, there has been no trace of newtypes at all in this era, all we know is that there is this bunch of Godly people from space providing salvation for mankind by offering photon batteries so that the world could recover from disasters and therefore taboos had been implemented. Now every activity on earth is operated by the mercy of those spacenoids known as godly people, that's why the threat is real.
 
Dec 7, 2014 6:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
jackaus said:
They got enough backpacks for the G-self for Ban-DIE to make half a dozen kits lol just too bad, the design of the self isnt very appearing to mainstream.

Still very few exposition on the background and the same old issue of enemy character motive and skills wasnt set up properly: such as We never saw how good mask was before he put that mask on...

It is rather clear by now there are three sides and two sides on earth fighting it out to resolve mystery of the space people. The main character seem to be a space child... so means more back story... that needs a longer monologue to get explained.

mask is actually another Jerid, a guy who destined to lose to the main character of the series. And I believe why Mask was able to fight head on with G-Self is due to its Mask's sensors , further he is a bright candidate introduced by Dellensen to the Capital Army. Mask loses because the Capital army are basically a fresh force, while Amerians are all battle hardened and ready to kick ass anytime they could. Look at their fleet! Wow so big! While Capital has just the capital tower and one space garenden and this space garanden is not even theirs but Gondwans. Basically they are just worst than AEUG in the sense that AEUG may be a fresh force, but it consist of experience soldiers ready to kick Titans ass.

And ur point on monologue is true, I agree on that. These monologue actually gave us hints to understand the story, since this story is related to G-Self and Raraiya from space, then Bellri and Aida might be space related too...
 
Dec 8, 2014 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
Gundamfagg said:
Imateria said:


I hope not, that's rather vague and people from space are still Human so how would the G-Self be able to tell them apart since the only difference is birth place unless they're Newtypes.


To be honest, there is no such thing as newtypes in the era of reguild century. Newtype is a revelation in UC era, yet still a mystery. But have u have to realize the system 'Rayhunton Code' recognizes Aida, Raraiya and Bellri. This also means that the people from space might have designed it for their own kind so that no one else could pilot the G-Self. If G-Self is manufactured solely for newtypes, and those spacenoids that build the G-Self are from Towasanga , then u are telling me that those people from that mysterious colony are all living newtypes? So basically those people on earth are worshipping new types as their saviour lolol nice theory u have. Btw, there has been no trace of newtypes at all in this era, all we know is that there is this bunch of Godly people from space providing salvation for mankind by offering photon batteries so that the world could recover from disasters and therefore taboos had been implemented. Now every activity on earth is operated by the mercy of those spacenoids known as godly people, that's why the threat is real.


You're making a lot of assumptions based on not enough information and batshit logic. What do you think the people living on the moon are, an alien species? How is a piece of tech supposed to tell the difference between two people who are both human when the only difference it's looking for is where they were born? I still say the simplest answer is that it scans their DNA looking for the gene that makes them Newtypes.

Yes, there's little evidence of Newtypes here (as there was for most of the original MSG) but Earth is 1000 years removed from the Zeon conflicts and has been cut of with only minimal contact with space thanks to the taboo. Since the main point of Newtype Theory is people evolving to cope with the vast distances of living in space then people living on Earth largely cut off from space wont be affected by this. And at no point did I say the entire population of the moon was Newtypes, that's your theory not mine, but that doesnt mean there aren't any and that they are treated as ace pilots same as in the UC era.Also, your assertion that there aren't any Newtypes because it was a UC thing doesn't hold any wait, Newtypism is meant to be evolution, which couldn't care less about the change in the human calendar.

Frankly this is all just speculation since the show hasn't remotely shown us anything of the people living in space beyond the mentally damaged Raraiya and the G-Self (and maybe G-Arcane) so both our theories could be blown out of the water, but I maintain that mine fits the currently known facts of the series and the established history better.
 
Dec 8, 2014 11:23 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8
Remember the Capital Army was only recently formed, these new Mobile Suits are nothing more than prototypes piloted by a bunch soldiers with little to no combat experience.
 
Dec 8, 2014 1:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
Imateria said:
Gundamfagg said:


You're making a lot of assumptions based on not enough information and batshit logic. What do you think the people living on the moon are, an alien species? How is a piece of tech supposed to tell the difference between two people who are both human when the only difference it's looking for is where they were born? I still say the simplest answer is that it scans their DNA looking for the gene that makes them Newtypes.

Yes, there's little evidence of Newtypes here (as there was for most of the original MSG) but Earth is 1000 years removed from the Zeon conflicts and has been cut of with only minimal contact with space thanks to the taboo. Since the main point of Newtype Theory is people evolving to cope with the vast distances of living in space then people living on Earth largely cut off from space wont be affected by this. And at no point did I say the entire population of the moon was Newtypes, that's your theory not mine, but that doesnt mean there aren't any and that they are treated as ace pilots same as in the UC era.Also, your assertion that there aren't any Newtypes because it was a UC thing doesn't hold any wait, Newtypism is meant to be evolution, which couldn't care less about the change in the human calendar.

Frankly this is all just speculation since the show hasn't remotely shown us anything of the people living in space beyond the mentally damaged Raraiya and the G-Self (and maybe G-Arcane) so both our theories could be blown out of the water, but I maintain that mine fits the currently known facts of the series and the established history better.


You're making a lot of assumptions based on not enough information and batshit logic. What do you think the people living on the moon are, an alien species? How is a piece of tech supposed to tell the difference between two people who are both human when the only difference it's looking for is where they were born? I still say the simplest answer is that it scans their DNA looking for the gene that makes them Newtypes.

Yes, there's little evidence of Newtypes here (as there was for most of the original MSG) but Earth is 1000 years removed from the Zeon conflicts and has been cut of with only minimal contact with space thanks to the taboo. Since the main point of Newtype Theory is people evolving to cope with the vast distances of living in space then people living on Earth largely cut off from space wont be affected by this. And at no point did I say the entire population of the moon was Newtypes, that's your theory not mine, but that doesnt mean there aren't any and that they are treated as ace pilots same as in the UC era.Also, your assertion that there aren't any Newtypes because it was a UC thing doesn't hold any wait, Newtypism is meant to be evolution, which couldn't care less about the change in the human calendar.

Frankly this is all just speculation since the show hasn't remotely shown us anything of the people living in space beyond the mentally damaged Raraiya and the G-Self (and maybe G-Arcane) so both our theories could be blown out of the water, but I maintain that mine fits the currently known facts of the series and the established history better.


LEL, chill bro chill, to answer your question is pretty simple. I will share a bit of facts with u. This is among the few highlighted points stated by Tomino in an interview few months ago on G-Reco...

1)Space Colonies failed and Nuclear energy is banned.
2)Moon colony is called Towasanga and Venus colony is called Venus Globe.
3)Photon Battery can run a MS for a week and is the size of a notebook.
4)Revelation of Newtypes extinct since the early days of Universal Century.
5)Ever since the end Universal Century, humans started migrating to other planets. Meaningly, Venus.
6) Photon Batteries were founded and developed on planet Venus.
7) Towasanga(moon colony) provides the photon battery to Earth but they are actually produced in Venus Globe and brought to the Moon once a year in spaceships.
8) Photon battery is compressed light accumulated.
9) The spaceship design this time is silly with extravagant colors.
10) Grimoire is made in Ameria.
11) G-Self and G-Arcane can share backpacks.
12) Beam Javelin tech is different from UC.
13)Ever since taboos are implemented, earthnoid's technology had grown stagnate and much slower than spacenoids. Thus, humans from space are highly regarded as threats due to their advance technology.

Ahem ahem, lets set aside those Newtype theories and stuff, even Newtypes weren't mentioned in C.C era. I'm placing my bets on Tomino because he had stated it all by himself.

Btw, UC --> RC --> CC is coherent, the flow has been confirmed.
( http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/dac071c3tw1ekfs0ukhkoj21kw29gkjl.jpg )

-Aida named the G-Self as in G-Itself, foundation of the G series

-Photon Armor covers the entire frame and is more resistant and lightweight than Gundarium alloy from UC

-The strong thrusters and the abundant energy supply from photon battery, allow it to demonstrate phenomenal mobility.

-Montero(chest mounted) and G-Self rapid fire Rail Guns are very powerful and can destroy MS by themselves

-Tomino forgot that the G-Arcane transformed as of ep 16, already at Towasanga.

G-Self consist of 7 backpacks meaning 7 colours, while both Atmospheric and Space are considered together which is (Blue)

There's a G Institute that studies solely the G Series. There are 7 groups in total.

Jyaion considered as Villain MS (Rival to G-Self), set to appear in episode 19

G-Self's design was initially based on the Mack Knife.

There are many more facts out there. Good luck and enjoy the ride. Peace yo ~~
Modified by Gundamfagg, Dec 8, 2014 3:21 PM
 
Dec 8, 2014 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
what a gundam fag, Gundamfagg
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Dec 8, 2014 2:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
ninjastarforcex said:
what a gundam fag, Gundamfagg


LEL...who cares
 
Dec 8, 2014 2:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
Gundamfagg said:
ninjastarforcex said:
what a gundam fag, Gundamfagg


LEL...who cares

it was a compliment fag
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Dec 8, 2014 2:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 27
ninjastarforcex said:
Gundamfagg said:


LEL...who cares

it was a compliment fag


i know, and i really thanked you for that.. =) just a humor bro
 
Dec 8, 2014 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 137
Some interesting information there. The Newtype's going extinct is annoying but I guess it helps with a clean brake for the new series.

I still doen't buy it being them just from the moon.
 
Dec 8, 2014 8:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 48816
average episode again, i thought that babara girl is gonna die though
 
Dec 10, 2014 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
j0x said:
average episode again, i thought that babara girl is gonna die though
hamann mk.2 cant die yet
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Dec 11, 2014 12:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 515
Where is the star of the show? Where is Chuchumy?!
 
Dec 11, 2014 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 7622
Remains positive my judgment on the TV series, I am pleased also to see the most active secondary characters in the narrative, but it remains an enigma to follow the story, too messed up the plot.
Drawings good although there is no use of CG in robots, I like!
 
Dec 24, 2014 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2836
Amazing episode!! Fights are getting better and better!

Woah didn't realize there were tons of Turn A Gundam references(kinda expected from Tomino-san himself).

I haven't watched that series yet, but since the BD's are coming out maybe i should try them once all of them are complete ^^

So stupid of Mask to get outside of his cockpit and try to hijack G-self in a middle of a fight. You have no back up so who the hell was gonna hold Kerbes?

And lol did anyone saw the reference when G-self used his after image against Barara.?



G Reconguista is getting better and better!

Can't wait for the next episodes!
 
Jan 13, 2015 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 391
I seriously don't understand what the fuck is going on in this show.
http://mikenieto.blogspot.com/ - Gaming reviews, articles, anime and figures.
 
Jan 21, 2015 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 3035
Hmmm the flow of the story is starting to get confusing again...also last few eps have been rather average :/
 
Mar 15, 2015 8:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32145
fairly decent episode for once, the past few episodes have been better than the sloppy start but its still nothing particularly good, I hate to see these well animated mech battles go to waste like they are cause i can only care for a fight if i care for the story and characters around them, and with this show i couldnt give less of a shit about both, still improvement is improvment nonetheless no matter how marginal the difference may be and ill just be glad the pacing doesnt feel like a adhd kid downing fun dip anymore

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »