Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Dec 5, 2014 12:54 AM
LucasMV said:

Sibyl never claimed to be omnipotent, right. BUT it actually said that it doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs PEOPLE to believe it is PERFECT. That's the only way people would trust so much in a supossedly computarized system that has no flaws. Akane's thoughts about the omnipotence paradox are probably an attempt to understand Kamui's point of view and what does he want to do. It is not that hard to understand, Kamui wants to let the PEOPLE know that Sibyl is not the perfect system they believe it is. He probably wants to create a situation where Sibyl can't act without falling in a paradox. If it can't judge itself, its not perfect. And if it can judge itself, then it cannot judge others anymore. We are aware of that, but the citizens in that world aren't.

Besides, Sibyl overwriting the dominators doesn't count as recognizing its flaws. Since they always recognized its flaws to themselves, just not to the society. I mean, those situations were things like Kagari's murder, so nobody would know what they did.

I agree with your analysis. The paradox makes the most sense not looking at it from Sybil's point of view, but rather from an outsider POV like Akane who know the truth of the system. Akane was using that paradox to imply how the system would fall apart if people learned the truth of the system.

The person I was replying to was saying that Sybil thought itself perfect & without flaws, and the omnipotence paradox was preventing it from deactivating the dominators. Sybil is just a system trying to enforce the ways things are & maintain power. It should not care about philosophical musings like that paradox.

However, honestly, the omnipotence paradox is not really directly related to Sybil or the current situation, but feels like it was added just for that extra philosophical/intellectual vibe.

Sybil does not need to be omnipotent or perfect. Sybil is simply a system that achieves "safety & security aka law & order" at the expensive of personal freedom.

People do indeed already buy into the system & Sybil forcefully keeps its most obvious flaws (criminally asymptomatic people, Eustress deficiency) out of the public eye. However, flaws have already been revealed in Season 1 with the helmets. Even the idea that your hue can get clouded by talking to the wrong people, witnessing a criminal act, or being in the same area as where criminal behavior is occurring are huge logical red flags (IMO). DESPITE all this, people are still buying into the system. Therefore, the more important question isn't about omnipotence or perfection (as any viewer already easily understands the sybil system is flawed & imperfect)... but rather if the societal sacrifices are actually worth it for Sybil's version of "peace & order."

Dec 5, 2014 1:19 AM
LucasMV said:

I'm going to try and answer to the main "problems" you listed.
15 years ago, we don't really know the way things were. Since the technologies to extract a brain from a living person were being developed, and were tested on Kamui, for all we know Sibyl wasn't as powerful as it is right now. Besides, the Panopticon was an alternative system proposed by the Ministry of Economy. It was being tested at the time, and one of the things it controlled while being tested was the traffic. It makes a lot of sense that if the amount of accidents is much higher than before, Panopticon would have been blamed. So its completely realistic for Sibyl to sabotage it like that to be the only one ruling society.

There are many reasons for wanting to create AA people artificially. Experimenting on how they work so they can deal with them, possibly add them to the Sibyl system, also human curiosity is another reason. You'd be surprised at all the kind of experiments that are done in real life.

About the Sibyl wanting to cloud inspectors thing... Well, Togane said in this episode that they killed the doctor because he knew too much. Probably the same reason all the other 5 inspectors had been clouded and killed by Togane over the years: they became a problem for Sibyl, they knew too much, etc.

They told Mika the truth because of her hue not raising much after knowing the AA secret and that Togane was her son. Since they eventually want to tell the truth to the people, testing it with an ideal citizen that doesn't get her hue clouded easily is an interesting experiment for them.

Also, Sibyl isn't apathetic to Kamui, it just can't tell the truth to their inspectors. They are waiting and dealing with the problem in their own way, trying not to look bad in the process.
And, more importantly, Kamui doesn't hold a grudge to Sibyl JUST because of the plane crash. They did something even worst, that was Misako Togane's experimenting on him, testing if the technologies they were developing were effective, and doing that massive surgery to test it out. That fact made him be completely left out of society. Not only the system didn't recognize him as an existent being, but every person he approached to, ran away because accepting that there is someone that doesn't even exist for Sibyl is like doubting the system itself, which is a reason to raise their psycho passes.
Once he found out the truth about why he was the way he is, he plotted this revenge, and probably wants to bring down Sibyl (for causing Hell's season and not recognizing him) as well as judging the actual people behind his surgery (that happens to be connected with the system itself, wonder if Kamui knows that).

Anyway, I'm really liking this season a lot. It's great so far. I still like S1 more, and I still like Makishima more than Kamui. But I think this is a very good season, it may have some flaws, but I don't think they are big enough to make it that bad at all. It's the minor things that every show has, and it's even debatable if they are plot holes given that the show recognizes them and explains them, if you like the explanation or not is something different.

Although the majority of people seem to be closer to my opinion (that this season is very good, judging by most comments here and on other sites), I am kinda surprised that some people really just don't like it.
I guess it's a matter of taste.

P.S: Sorry for the long comment.

You are right. They do give "reasons" for all the actions that have occurred & you summed it up very well. I do remember & understand those "reasons." My complaint is that the actions and the reasons behind them seem like extremely contrived situations. Note how all the reasons are simply done via information dumping explanations. The action & reasoning is not flowing organically, but rather just feels to me to be made-up for the sake of having a weird twist on the show's core principles.

We never heard of Panopticon, Season of hell, AA, or advanced human experimentation in this universe. There was no indication that organic material had any impact on psycho passes. There was no indication that Sybil had any actual informed human agents outside Akane and Season 1 implied that Akane was the first outsider that Sybil confessed to. It honestly just seems like a lot of these ideas were pretty cobbled together & written for the express purpose to undermine our previous understanding of the universe for that extra shock/surprise value.

Being able to artifically create AA undermines the premise that Sybil itself doesn't understand what causes AA and requires the harvesting criminally asympamatic people to maintain itself. If you can just grow it in a box, then there would be some sort of scientific explanation for AA and a way to create it, then they should understand AA enough to be able to judge AA people as well.

Killing the doctor & inspectors because it suited sybil reaffirms that sybil is not striving to be a perfect system, but just doing whatever the hell it wants to achieve its personal goals. However, I don't see any consistency in its actions. I agree killing inspectors that knew too much or are a threat makes sense, but you can easily just demote an inspector to a latent criminal & continue to get value out of them instead of killing them. Also, considering the inconsistencies with that mentality by Sybil's actions including how freely it told Mika the truth & how its is chill with Akane knowing & cooperating. It seems like Sybil is a very capricious system this season not really following a systematic logical plan, which contradicts its characterization of emotionless brains that simply apply logic without any preconceived moral biases.

PS: no worries about the long comment. this discussion is interesting. You are right, there are reasons for the things I was complaining about. I personally don't really buy the reasons & it seems very contrived and fake to me.

Dec 5, 2014 1:26 AM
Alfonse said:
This season..I'm not understanding...maybe it's just my incompetence, but why exactly is sybil trying to make Akane's hue black? Wouldn't that hurt them in the long run? If she's judged and forced to be an enforcer/dead, then they'd lose an inspector who follows everything that sybil lays out. Or are they trying to figure out if she's criminally asymptomatic so they can add her to her brain collection?

I also don't get what the point of telling Shimotski all this information even was. Why tell it to her? She doesn't really seem like someone who would really do much with the information. Kasei should've just said "Whatever, we'll look into it" when Shimotski showed her the report.

I'm also not really understanding Kamui's character, his motives, nor his followers. So we've gathered that Kamui is essentially someone who was made by the organs of 184 different people (which, because of a plane crash, should not be able to function, given how much damage that causes to internal organs, but sci-fi, w/e). How does this allow him to avoid scanners? And it's established that he hates sybil because they caused traffic accidents/airplane crashes. Was it explained why they did this? I think I missed it/forgot.
His followers are all illegal aliens disguised as holos of higher ups, correct? Why are they helping Kamui? Why did Kamui and his friend burn those illegal immigrants and officials?

Why exactly does sybil not care for Kamui's motivations right now? He's a much bigger threat to the system than Akane or Shimotski. Why aren't they taking any actions to shut him down? Kasei seems to be completely unfazed by his actions.

Tougane is said to be a latent criminal who was able to raise inspector's psychopasses, where then all of them died due to their PP's being too high. But then we see Tougane killing puppies and maintaining a clear PP, so how is he a latent criminal? Why was he created artificially? What exactly were they doing? Why are they doing AA when criminally asymptomatic people already exist naturally? What is sybil's goal here?

I know some of my questions may be just things that can probably be found in the episodes themselves, but with all the info dumps and all the exposition, it's just hard to keep up.

I also feel as if they just kind randomly pull something out of the blue. Like this stockholder came out of nowhere and he's somehow linked to Kamui because he went to the same elementary school. And then him and Kamui just decid to kill a bunch of people with a very vague understanding of why they did it. There's nothing that leads up to it; it just happens. Kasei's "plan" to trap Shimotski is another example, as well as the discovery of those 184 students. But I'm probably just nitpicking.

Any answers/replies will be great!

+1. This is exactly how I feel about this season & that summarizes a lot of 'issues' I see with the plot.

The blatant contradiction between Togane being AA with a pure hue but also a latent criminal with the highest ever recorded CC is pretty hilarious. The explanation would be something along the lines of Sybil forged that CC number in order to plant Togane as a mole working closely with Akane.

lol... you can honestly come up with explanations for anything. I do feel like a lot of stuff in the show right now really feel like they were randomly pulled outta thin air just because. The connections & reasons seem a bit flimsy to me, so I think the writing has greatly gotten worse since season 1, but that's just my personal opinion.

Dec 5, 2014 2:51 AM

Dec 5, 2014 2:58 AM

Ouch, right in the grandma, quite literally. Really want to kill Togane and his piece of shit mother(Chief). Not just because they were killing puppies, but also because of grandma's ear.

Also, I think Mika is broken.

LOL.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

Dec 5, 2014 3:06 AM

F*ck this episode!
This is the worst episode of Psycho-Pass 2.

I wonder what am i`m expecting on last 2 episodes?
I hope Kamui Kirito dies on last episode.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907

Dec 5, 2014 3:47 AM
Damn, they chopped off granny´s ear and then brutally murder her D:

If Akane finds out, her Psycho-pass will definitely get clouded.

Ohter than that, f*ck the haters this episode was good.

Dec 5, 2014 4:46 AM

Fuck this !! What a bloody episode every weeks man !!

This getting better and better. Lol at grandma xD.

Dec 5, 2014 5:52 AM

Lol at the ANN reviewer...well, she's my favourite cringe-fetish-feeding writer, better than even moesucks, but anyway...she misses so much, the reason why the people at the dinner get clouded is they realise the food they ate so far was also human flesh holofied to look like human. As for togane not being clear even after designed to be so....well..we know the sybil system seeks brains. Therefore it doesn't have enough brains. Therefore it can't mass produce -and from what we saw doesn't even try, at least currently- to create more toganes. Therefore you can easily assume that the good days didn't last and he eventually deteriorated. The method to build him obviously wasn't perfect.

Oh well, some people just don't like that it's different from s1 and decide to exaggerate flaws out of spite. Whatever.

Side note.....DELICIOUS MIKA SUFFERING

Dec 5, 2014 6:12 AM

Mika is really smart in her situation really. Imminent death stares down her face but she kept her head to interpret the situation and do what she needs to do to stay alive.

Giving Akane's grandma address to Togane is a no brainer either. Do that or die, and Togane/his mom can simply find where she is any way. She's probably trying to stay collected to find her way out of her situation, good luck lol.

But so much gore this series, I know this world is fucked up but there's no need for close up shots of mutilated people....

The omnipotent paradox is like the first intelligent topic this series has brought up so far.

PS: Akane's boobs. Nice.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!

Dec 5, 2014 6:23 AM

JESUS CHRIST! WHY THE PUPPIES? WHY?! Poor things. ;-;
First the faking puppies, then the people getting slaughtered by Kamui and then finally Akane's grandmother. Ugh, this episode was really a lot to take it. This was the first time I've seen Akane this pissed. Mika is a piece of shit as usual, I hope they gets a brutal death. With just 2 more episodes left, I really hope the ending will be decent.

Dec 5, 2014 6:24 AM

Aw man. This episode... I hope that Akane's grandmother is still alive - even though I speculate it to be false. Man Togane... -_- That was a shocker that the Sybil System host is Togane's mother. Those puppies, I know... I hope he's brought to justice, and his mother, but then that would be a paradox if she's judged. Hmm...

Dec 5, 2014 6:41 AM

Alfonse said:
His followers are all illegal aliens disguised as holos of higher ups, correct? Why are they helping Kamui? Why did Kamui and his friend burn those illegal immigrants and officials?

Because the politicians are sick fucks who

a) benefited greatly from the whole Shutting-Panopticon-down thing
b) stuffed LIVING illegal immigrants into ANIMAL bodies just for the LULZ (as you can see when the house burns down - they're still alive)

Considering the fact that Kamui can strongly relate to those immigrants (after all he's a TON of persons stuffed into one Frankenstein's monster) it's quite simple why he got mad.

So Kamui burned the officials because they deserved it and the illegal immigrants because he wanted to end their suffering.

What I don't understand is why people are so messed up in this season. Rikako Ooryou is really tame in comparison with these officials and puppy/granny-slayer Tougane.

Dec 5, 2014 7:11 AM

uhm... can i leave my theory here?

==============

After watching 3 episodes of PP S2. I decided to re-watch episode 11 from the New-Edit version. And one thing i that im certain is that Sybil wants Akane. She's the perfect overseer of a perfect system. Then I imagined Akane as the next Kasei to watch over Sybil’s good judgement over its citizens. Then i wondered about the previous handler of the Sybil System and when/how will Akane be able to replace her.

—————

Kamui is a threat to Sybil System.
Akane is a threat to Kasei and her Sybil System.

Episode 5 was a sample of Kasei trying to control Akane’s movement.
Episode 9 was a sample of Kasei trying to control Kamui’s movement.

I think that season 2 is a big Kasei plot in defiling Akane so that the System will deem her unsuited to handle the system. Kamui, the rock created by a god which he cannot lift, getting killed by Akane with her hue getting tainted is like hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.

==============

just my two cents... thanks for letting me share.. just had to let it out. >__<
Modified by cklaighe, Dec 5, 2014 7:15 AM

Dec 5, 2014 7:14 AM
This season disappoint. New characters lack personality. Story missing the depth that season one had as mentioned before. In short, season two feels just like the anime original ending for Akame ga Kill!
Szadek23 said:
The writer took every villain cliche he could think of and put them in this episode,all that's missing is stealing candy from a baby.

Kamui keeps telling them his plans for no fucking reason and keeps killing people we don't know or care about,

Dec 5, 2014 7:19 AM

What an episode! Poor Akane!!! T_T
What a lively party Kamui put up haha
Togane is really monstrous... and in the end what he did to Akane's grandmother!!!
Mika is obviously shocked about Sybil's true form, but she had to act that way to not be killed...

Anyway waiting for next episode!!

Kamui is gonna settle things once and for all!!!

Dec 5, 2014 7:21 AM

Damn, hope all these bastards die...

Wonder what Akane will do when she finds out her grandmother is dead.

Dec 5, 2014 7:44 AM
God,

this episode shocked me so fu**ing hard.

The brutality is beyond words, and poor akane's granma, mika will rebel helping akane in the end, i can see that.

and why the other asymptomatic brains let togane and her mom do what they please? Isn't the purpose of sybil system is to stop such brutality to happen?
Modified by beyond_ritter, Dec 5, 2014 7:48 AM

Dec 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Alfonse said:
This season..I'm not understanding...

I'll try to answer the questions to the best of my ability.

Alfonse said:
why exactly is sybil trying to make Akane's hue black? Wouldn't that hurt them in the long run? If she's judged and forced to be an enforcer/dead, then they'd lose an inspector who follows everything that sybil lays out. Or are they trying to figure out if she's criminally asymptomatic so they can add her to her brain collection?

Partly yeah, trying to figure out if she's criminally asymptomatic, as her hue is insanely hard to cloud.
On the other hand, Sybil and Akane are currently at odds - Akane is still obeying Sybil despite knowing the secret because she knows that there's no other alternative at the moment. If Sybil falls without any kind of replacement, society - which is dependant on Sybil to the point of being unable to exist without it - would completely crumble.

Alfonse said:
I also don't get what the point of telling Shimotski all this information even was. Why tell it to her? She doesn't really seem like someone who would really do much with the information. Kasei should've just said "Whatever, we'll look into it" when Shimotski showed her the report.

From what I've figured out, Mika dug a little too much information for her own good. Knowledge is always power, and Kasei cannot risk Mika blurting out that information to someone else - Akane, for example. Also, by telling Mika about the secret, Kasei is testing her as well - we've seen Mika's psycho-pass barely changing after she learns the truth.

Alfonse said:
I'm also not really understanding Kamui's character, his motives, nor his followers. So we've gathered that Kamui is essentially someone who was made by the organs of 184 different people (which, because of a plane crash, should not be able to function, given how much damage that causes to internal organs, but sci-fi, w/e). How does this allow him to avoid scanners? And it's established that he hates sybil because they caused traffic accidents/airplane crashes. Was it explained why they did this? I think I missed it/forgot.

By having organs of 184 different people (let's ignore the ridiculousness of it for a while), system is unable to detect him as a person, as he basically carries 184 different DNA in himself (huge assumption on my part), which leads to him basically becoming ghost in the system. Because system can't detect and acknowledge him as a person, society, which is dependant on that system, is also denying Kamui's existence.

Sybil caused traffic accidents and airplane crashes as a self defense mechanism since people has tried to replace it with Panopticon. By causing those accidents in the vehicles under Panopticon's "care", Sybil directly lowered reputation of Panopticon and caused whole development to be stopped, leaving Sybil in the position of power.

Alfonse said:

Now, I lack the info about it, but I think that they are helping Kamui because as they're in the similar situation as he is - society doesn't want to recognize them.
As for why Kamui burned those officials, it's because they're directly related to the Season of Hell. They were the ones who were pushing Panopticon to replace Sybil, and it's under their "care" that all those accidents happened. Yet, once they realized they failed in their plans to replace Sybil and their hues got clouded, they ran to Kamui to clean them.

Alfonse said:
Why exactly does sybil not care for Kamui's motivations right now? He's a much bigger threat to the system than Akane or Shimotski. Why aren't they taking any actions to shut him down? Kasei seems to be completely unfazed by his actions.

Probably because Sybil wants to use Kamui to find flaws in the system so that Sybil can improve itself. I'm not sure much about it.

Alfonse said:
Tougane is said to be a latent criminal who was able to raise inspector's psychopasses, where then all of them died due to their PP's being too high. But then we see Tougane killing puppies and maintaining a clear PP, so how is he a latent criminal? Why was he created artificially? What exactly were they doing? Why are they doing AA when criminally asymptomatic people already exist naturally? What is sybil's goal here?

I feel that's the part of information show has yet to reveal.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Dec 5, 2014 8:30 AM

Aurioch said:
By having organs of 184 different people (let's ignore the ridiculousness of it for a while), system is unable to detect him as a person, as he basically carries 184 different DNA in himself (huge assumption on my part), which leads to him basically becoming ghost in the system. Because system can't detect and acknowledge him as a person, society, which is dependant on that system, is also denying Kamui's existence.

In that case he also shouldn't be able to use the Dominators... or if the eye is enough he would always be clearly identified by the scanners around town as the Inspector.

Dec 5, 2014 8:39 AM

Damn, that was a sick episode. Blood, blood, blood.....

Mika.... that clap was forced as hell. But still you managed to keep your hue clear, eh?

So that's why they suddenly introduced Akane's grandmother few episodes back... to be honest, I would like to see how is Akane's hue at the moment. She managed to keep her hue even when her friend was killed right in front of her back then....

And I didn't understand the scene after the ED as well. Kinda suspect now that Kamui and Sybil are working together to some level after all this time.

Dec 5, 2014 8:43 AM
luccide said:
This season disappoint. New characters lack personality. Story missing the depth that season one had as mentioned before. In short, season two feels just like the anime original ending for Akame ga Kill!

AKANE ga Kill!

Dec 5, 2014 9:09 AM

This episode was freaking hilarible! Between Togane killing puppies in order to make him a stock villain, the classic head in a platter trick, the burning building with obnoxiously loud classical music that makes Evangelion tinkle its pants, and the killing of the grandma who's only purpose was to die, PP 2 has earned the official "2edgy4me" stamp.

Dec 5, 2014 10:09 AM

Ringlord said:
Aurioch said:

In that case he also shouldn't be able to use the Dominators... or if the eye is enough he would always be clearly identified by the scanners around town as the Inspector.

I think Dominators and standard Psycho-pass scanners have different method of discerning one's identity. When Kamui takes Dominator, it recognizes him as Inspector Shisui (who's still alive, mind you), but if you point Dominator at him it doesn't recognize him as human being.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Dec 5, 2014 10:15 AM

Ringlord said:
Aurioch said:

He is using some kind of mechanism to make himself be detected as Inspector Shisui.He was wearing it in episode 6.He transplanted the eye mainly to see what color are people's hues.

Dec 5, 2014 10:26 AM

-NOOOOOOOO00!!!!!!.......NOT THE PUPPIES!!!!!!!

-That Burning scene may have been a little bit Dramatic,But Annoying and Loud Choirs made it so stupid

-Correct me If I'm wrong.......But is'nt a Paradox a Paradox Because their is no solution,I mean the whole reducing the stone thing was more improvisng than actually solving

Szadek23 said:
The writer took every villain cliche he could think of and put them in this episode,all that's missing is stealing candy from a baby.

But that's why we have the puppy-Killing......Stealing Candy from a Baby,Kicking Dogs,Strangling Kittens..........Done one,you've done 'em all
Modified by King_of_Heretics, Dec 5, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 5, 2014 10:58 AM
I agree with Hope Chapman from ANN on one point: They deliberately made Mika a loathsome, terrible character. I mean, holy s**t is she terrible!

Dec 5, 2014 11:23 AM

heavylobsterguy said:
This episode was freaking hilarible! Between Togane killing puppies in order to make him a stock villain, the classic head in a platter trick, the burning building with obnoxiously loud classical music that makes Evangelion tinkle its pants, and the killing of the grandma who's only purpose was to die, PP 2 has earned the official "2edgy4me" stamp.

This.
Psycho Pass season 2 is a steaming pile of shit. At least it works as unintentional comedy

Dec 5, 2014 11:57 AM

Unneccesary animal violence. Nope. This is shit.

Dec 5, 2014 12:03 PM

robis798 said:
Unneccesary animal violence. Nope. This is shit.

Seriously? In first season we had a student slashed to death by mechanical bloodhounds -among other brutality- and this time we had bound and possible mutilated people being burned alive, but no, the puppies is where the limit is? Mwahahahahah.....

unless you were sarcastic. My apologies, if that's the case.

Dec 5, 2014 12:10 PM

Oh my goodness. Seriously though, I couldn't stop laughing at the intro scene. What other way to show a person is a monster than having them beat puppies to death as a child.
Like seriously??? Really???? I can't even....
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Dec 5, 2014 12:23 PM

The more I watch this, the more disappointed I am with the season as a whole. It literally has been the most disappointing sequel to an anime I have ever seen. Was going to write up all the things wrong with it and the issues I had with certain scenes but decided it is not worth it anymore.

Not even Kogami can save the mess this season has became. Mindless violence, stupid plot twists, characters repeatedly doing stupid things, unexplained things that the audience just has to go along with and of course plot holes everywhere.

At this point I am just watching it because I invested so much time into it and I can stomach another two episodes. Let's see how the writing staff fuck up the ending by squeezing tons of episodes worth of development into two episodes.

Dec 5, 2014 12:25 PM
RedRoseFring said:
Oh my goodness. Seriously though, I couldn't stop laughing at the intro scene. What other way to show a person is a monster than having them beat puppies to death as a child.
Like seriously??? Really???? I can't even....

This.
Also Mika's nervous laugh while she's kissing sibyl's ass in the first minutes. It's like they really want us to hate her 100%
Also togane in pantsu :)

Dec 5, 2014 12:28 PM

This episode was a perfect mix of philosophical views and horror. Mika definitely broke herself and Togane is obviously the puppetmaster behind the strings. Yayoi is still love for Shitmotsuki, Saiga is still a coffee addict and Sho doesn't even talk anymore. Tsunemori's still smoking, Gino is still at the sidelines and where the hell is Kogami?

Although the paradox was a good idea to bring up. I wonder if anything else will be introduced. Massacres tho....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 5, 2014 12:33 PM

Okay, I've been pretty defensive about this sequel, but I admit that this episode is the single most "2edgy4me" thing I've seen in a while.
Having dominators splatter people about loses its appeal when it is done over and over again just for the sake of it.

The stuff with Togane I actually like. Sibyl takes care of Kamui by letting Akane do it since he is beyond their ability to judge.
Extremely convenient that someone like Kamui came along to fulfil Togane's wishes though.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Dec 5, 2014 12:40 PM

RedRoseFring said:
Okay, I've been pretty defensive about this sequel, but I admit that this episode is the single most "2edgy4me" thing I've seen in a while.
Having dominators splatter people about loses its appeal when it is done over and over again just for the sake of it.

The stuff with Togane I actually like. Sibyl takes care of Kamui by letting Akane do it since he is beyond their ability to judge.
Extremely convenient that someone like Kamui came along to fulfil Togane's wishes though.

The stuff with Togane was just bad writing man. I feel they incorporated violent scenes just for the hell of it and so when you see it on screen it is jarring. Like in the previous episode the old man smashing metal bar on the side of the mental patient. How could we raise Togane's crime coefficient in a quick manner....oh I don't know probably in many ways that doesn't include murdering dogs.

Completely agree with you on the denominators being used excessively in this show and thus losing its shock factor. In the first season when the denominator was used, you know shit got serious.

Dec 5, 2014 12:41 PM

Mika is broken
Akane is lewd and angry
Togane is a bastard and crazy

Dec 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Darkdrone said:
RedRoseFring said:

The stuff with Togane was just bad writing man. I feel they incorporated violent scenes just for the hell of it and so when you see it on screen it is jarring. Like in the previous episode the old man smashing metal bar on the side of the mental patient. How could we raise Togane's crime coefficient in a quick manner....oh I don't know probably in many ways that doesn't include murdering dogs.

Completely agree with you on the denominators being used excessively in this show and thus losing its shock factor. In the first season when the denominator was used, you know shit got serious.

I have to agree. In S1 the shock factor had at least some value, now it's been so cheapened and overused that the impact is all but lost. But I guess my biggest problem, and I'd guess for a healthy percentage of us, is the sloppy writing. You can use any number of biologically creative explanations for why pigs are flying overhead shitting on everyone, but that doesn't mean its an interesting story or a good idea...

Dec 5, 2014 1:15 PM

Gymkata said:
Darkdrone said:

I have to agree. In S1 the shock factor had at least some value, now it's been so cheapened and overused that the impact is all but lost. But I guess my biggest problem, and I'd guess for a healthy percentage of us, is the sloppy writing. You can use any number of biologically creative explanations for why pigs are flying overhead shitting on everyone, but that doesn't mean its an interesting story or a good idea...

Exactly. Too many violent scenes that are meant to shock or startle the audience, come off as just cringe worthy at how predictable they were. I swear to god when I saw Kamui sitting at the table, I already said "they are going to be serving disembodied heads to raise the crime coefficient and then kill them with the denominator".

The murder of the doctor was another random out of place scene and the ear of Akane's grandma was totally out of left field. Show Akane her necklace or show her a picture of her in a new location.....why go the cheap "here is a piece of her body to show you we have her."

Dec 5, 2014 1:21 PM
Nooo my dear Akane ;____;

The level of Mika-suffering still ain't high enough. More! MORE! This episode gave off pretty Hannibal vibes lol. I hope everyone caught the after-ED scene!

Dec 5, 2014 1:23 PM

gedata said:

Also, horrific imagery with burning immigrants, complimented by pleasant music and this fucking thing

They told me I could become anything.
But they made me a duck.
Motherfuckers.

Dec 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Hyack said:
Akane you're so lewd this episode

This episode was worth it for naked Akane.

Dec 5, 2014 3:04 PM

still don't get why now sybil wants to get rid of akane, they could do it anytime they wanted, but have to go the long way changing her hue

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Dec 5, 2014 3:44 PM

It is like someone looked at all of the rules that made up the 25 episodes of the Psycho Pass universe and took it as a challenge to see how many they could break in 11 episodes. The answer: a lot.

Dec 5, 2014 3:50 PM
One thing's for certain. I want Mizue Shisui to die painfully. Treacherous bitch...

Dec 5, 2014 3:55 PM

Aurioch said:
Explanations

Thank you for these explanations. I still find the show to be a bit questioning at times, but this cleared it up a bit for me.

Dec 5, 2014 4:17 PM
r0ykun said:
Togane's been fucked up from the start. That puppy scene though.. Also, that talk about a god judging a god seems like some heavy foreshadowing about something that's going on in the Sibyl system. I wonder who that god is? (My guess is Chief Kasei).

Misako Togane is doing things I can't help but believe Sibyl System itself wouldn't approve of. She clearly went way further than Sibyl System every did - what they sought was their further development and self-preservation, true, but their ultimate goal was always to maintain a peaceful, safe society, nothing more, nothing less.

Corrupting competent Inspectors and hurting innocent citizens in order to do that... Sibyl is prides itself for being a reasonable system and what Toganes are doing isn't reasonable. Truly, if Sibyl judging Sibyl means that Sibyl will eliminate Misako Togane, removing her from their system, I'm all for that.

Dec 5, 2014 4:27 PM

Rayzer said:
rsc-pl said:
Mika is not dead :(

She can't be dead, don't make your hopes up. As the Psycho-Pass Movie already revealed that she would stay alive.
Spoiler tag would be appreciated.

Dec 5, 2014 4:33 PM

and the series continues to hit new lows.

Now we have the bad guy literally killing puppies and kidnapping/mutilating old grandma's. What's next? He's going to blow up a daycare center full of disabled children being visiting by the Red Cross that are handing out donated candy from the local orphanage? At this point I really wouldn't be surprised. Like so many of the other overly graphic things shown this season it's just there for gore porn and SHOCK FACTOR.

Not to mention Sibyl is now laughing manically like some cheap Bond villian. Everything Sibyl has said/done this season completely flies in the face of everything it was in S1. Sibyl admitted in S1 that it wasn't perfect and it wanted criminally asymptomatic people to join it in order to improve itself. Now apparently not only does it do things that're completely against it's own self interest for some bullshit reason (not turning off Kamui's dominators because it's perfect) but now it's actively trying to turn Akane's PP dark and has apparently been doing so to people for some years.....fucking why? *evil laugh*

Also, let me get this straight. The Dominators and other such devices that check people's PP can't accurately determine Kamui's PP because he has other people's parts in him but for some reason it has no problem reading the 1 eye from an inspector he has in him as being completely legit....that makes no sense. Surely it shouldn't be able to read (and thus authorize use) properly either. Oh, and now they can track dominators locations? Why the fucking didn't they do that earlier?

Trash, this season is just straight up trash.

Dec 5, 2014 4:42 PM
SimmianPrime said:
and the series continues to hit new lows.

Now we have the bad guy literally killing puppies and kidnapping/mutilating old grandma's. What's next? He's going to blow up a daycare center full of disabled children being visiting by the Red Cross that are handing out donated candy from the local orphanage? At this point I really wouldn't be surprised. Like so many of the other overly graphic things shown this season it's just there for gore porn and SHOCK FACTOR.

Not to mention Sibyl is now laughing manically like some cheap Bond villian. Everything Sibyl has said/done this season completely flies in the face of everything it was in S1. Sibyl admitted in S1 that it wasn't perfect and it wanted criminally asymptomatic people to join it in order to improve itself. Now apparently not only does it do things that're completely against it's own self interest for some bullshit reason (not turning off Kamui's dominators because it's perfect) but now it's actively trying to turn Akane's PP dark and has apparently been doing so to people for some years.....fucking why? *evil laugh*

Also, let me get this straight. The Dominators and other such devices that check people's PP can't accurately determine Kamui's PP because he has other people's parts in him but for some reason it has no problem reading the 1 eye from an inspector he has in him as being completely legit....that makes no sense. Surely it shouldn't be able to read (and thus authorize use) properly either. Oh, and now they can track dominators locations? Why the fucking didn't they do that earlier?

Trash, this season is just straight up trash.
I fully agree. I like to explain to myself that Sibyl's actions this season are mostly Misako's doing and that she just acted on her own, which did include Akane's proposition to turn off Kamui's Dominators and I really hope that Sibyl itself will judge Misako Togane for that... but my hopes will probably be crushed with next two episodes.

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »