Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
Poor grandma. From this point on, all I care about is to see Akane go rage and kick everyone's asses.

Epicenter said:
I'll never understand why or how people put other creatures like dogs over humans. -_-

Togane, is that you?

It's because they look innocent (and cute) that's why many people prefer them than their own kind. Additionally, they can be your companion for a long time without worrying that you will be betrayed or anything. As they say, their world will revolve around you.
Dec 4, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2013
Beatrice-KF said:
Szadek23 said:
Also Sibyl doesn't give a shit that the same person uses like 8 dominators at once
There is never enough dakka.

Can someone explain what's the point of the plot ? I understand the motives of Kamui, but wtf is wrong with Sybil ? They know Kamui wants to somehow destroy Sybil, but the best thing they can do is to mess with their inspectors along with the enemy. It's like, you're sieged in a castle, and you destroy your own walls just because it's funny.

You dont have to watch too deep. It's a "family" affair/business . It's Kamui/victims of the plain crash Vs Sybil and the latent criminal the rest are the collateral victims , akane and others.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Dec 4, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
Damn that was one hell of a episode, especially the second part.

Dec 4, 2014 5:37 PM

Oct 2013
EGOIST IS THE BEST part of this show!!
makes your blook curdle lol I'm pretty sure that was spelled wrong unless i jsut read it wrong ( was in the sub group i watched)
dam wtf anime Y U KILL PUPPIES CUNTS!!!!
that music when that building was burning was supper fucking loud dear god O_O
overall this show almost feels like its not a seqeul to psycho pass just a new story
EGOIST IS THE BEST part of this show!!
[/quote]
Dec 4, 2014 5:39 PM

Aug 2013
Episode less intense than the last, but still presented a good development, I thought Mika would go crazy, but do not know what she's thinking now, Akane has to be more emotional a little, be cold is not for her
Still I wonder what would make Kougami in throughout episode, and what action he would take to change the course of story ..
Dec 4, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Togane's got Akane's grandmother. This is terrible.
Those people burning while still being alive. Argh!
Kamui starting his plan.
2 more eps to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 4, 2014 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
FREDDY IS THAT YOU?!
Dec 4, 2014 5:59 PM

Feb 2011
Nessun Dorna was really anticlimatic though. At least for me.
Dec 4, 2014 6:23 PM

May 2013
They're overusing the hologram stuff wayyyyyyy too much. It's getting ridiculous.
Dec 4, 2014 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
this episode got an F on anime news network. my first time seeing an F rank.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 4, 2014 6:44 PM

Feb 2013
I can't take this. This is too ****ing much man. The entirety of the Sybil system has been dumbed down to to "Comically Evil Baddies" the system. I always thought the system was more about governing through it's extreme rationality and lack of and creating a lifestyle that seems ideal at first glance, but is an inherently flawed vision of law enforcement. My vision of Sybil being just"Inherently flawed" gets hammered down each and every week by Ubakata's insistence to assert how utterly horrible it is in ways we never knew were possible. Whatever positives Sybil once displayed have now been over shadowed by moustache-twirly evil conspiracies and a load of nonsensical loopholes in order to enable Kamui and Tougane to do ridiculous stuff like clouding the hues of simply by scaring them with body parts.

This feels like a wholly different show then even what I came in expecting, even with my muted expectations

Also, horrific imagery with burning immigrants, complimented by pleasant music and this fucking thing
gedataAug 5, 2015 8:42 PM
Dec 4, 2014 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
Epicenter said:
I'll never understand why or how people put other creatures like dogs over humans. -_-

Puppies are considered to be the epitome of cuteness by many. Killing them off is a quick and easy way to garner some kind of cheap emotional appeal. As much as I dislike Elfen Lied, the puppy killing their at least served some point. Over here it's just "how could they kill those cute doggies! Doesn't that make Sybil messed up! They're totally bad people", y'know, something that we already knew.

Justice
gedataDec 4, 2014 7:22 PM
Dec 4, 2014 6:52 PM

Jan 2014
I just don't understand the motivation behind Togane and his mother wanting to cloud Akane's psycho pass??
Dec 4, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2010
I shouldn't really hate this as much as do, considering i actually liked every other episode, but the writing was extremely craptastic and vague, and often nonsensical or theatrical fluff to make the show seem intelligent and smart like Season 1.
Signatures Suck
Dec 4, 2014 7:16 PM

Jul 2010
Omg Tougane killing dogs ?!
Mika rekt out of her mind
Grandma ear?
Tougane you are so messed up my gosh I never trusted you...
That childhood is crazy
What kind of mother those that ?!
Even though it is really not ...
Oh my god seeing Akane pissed off was crazy ,a change Kirito got to her .
Damn you Tougane for shooting her ...
Dec 4, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2014

The first paragraph is wrong. He was an idiot. He didn't understand it's a force applause so she's faking it and she needs to follow their orders even if she don't want to do it because she wanted to live.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 4, 2014 7:49 PM
Jul 2012
This was a good episode I think. The plot is starting to push itself and its really starting to see the reasons/objectives of our two enemies, Sibyl and Kamui. But, I still don't fully understand what Akane said early on about whether or not Sibyl could judge itself. Explanations wanted here! Please!

Also, I still don't fully get why Tougane's mom lets him kill dogs. Got to have some reason to that and if Tougane was designed to be immune to the Sibyl System, then how did he get "The World's Highest Psycho-Pass"? Is it fake? Or did killing those puppies change it and that was his mom's objective.
Dec 4, 2014 8:01 PM

Apr 2012
I can't help but pity Mika, even though at the same time I still hate her. I'm really hopeful though that she'll make a turn for the better in the end. I honestly WANT her to become a likable character; not entirely sure why, but I do.

And the end of this episode has me officially hating Togane.
Dec 4, 2014 8:04 PM
Oct 2013
Rayzer said:

The first paragraph is wrong. He was an idiot. He didn't understand it's a force applause so she's faking it and she needs to follow their orders even if she don't want to do it because she wanted to live.

Her hue is clear during this, she isn't faking. The review also mentions that.
Dec 4, 2014 8:07 PM
May 2014
FARRR....a battle coming from both sides
Dec 4, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2014
mdubs said:
Rayzer said:

Dude she's somewhat controlling/keeping her Psycho-Pass clear. It's obvious she's terrified about Sybil System's true form.
And hell what's the meaning of that closed-up shaky eyes if she's not faking it? It's written all over her face.

Lastly, Set aside the hate while watching because there's important details that could be miss.
Then after watching/finishing the episode feel free to hate again.
Dec 4, 2014 8:41 PM
Oct 2013
Rayzer said:
mdubs said:

Dude she's somewhat controlling/keeping her Psycho-Pass clear. It's obvious she's terrified about Sybil System's true form.
And hell what's the meaning of that closed-up shaky eyes if she's not faking it? It's written all over her face.

Lastly, Set aside the hate while watching because there's important details that could be miss.

So basically you're saying that people can control their hues? Alright then bud. Looks like my comment hit a nerve with you
Dec 4, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2014
There's only two things I would say about this episode:
1. Hooray for a broken Mika :D!
2. Poor Grandma.. Damn Tougane is heartless..
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Dec 4, 2014 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Is Mika not someone who has somewhat of an ability to keep her hue/psycho pass clear? From what Togane said last episode. he was surprised, when he realized her hue hardly changed despite all the revelations.

My thoughts?
Mika is faking it to stay alive, but her hue somehow stays clear.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Dec 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Apr 2014
BlackShock_ said:
Is Mika not someone who has somewhat of an ability to keep her hue/psycho pass clear? From what Togane said last episode. he was surprised, when he realized her hue hardly changed despite all the revelations.

My thoughts?
Mika is faking it to stay alive, but her hue somehow stays clear.

Exactly the same as my thoughts. I'm with you.
Dec 4, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
And Mika is broken. I wonder if she will tell the truth to the others and become Akane 2.0.

Also, they have done the unforgivable. I won't be surprised if Akane is mad while still retaining a clear color.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2014 9:01 PM

Aug 2014
Look like Kamui want to wrap things up and too bad for Mika. Interesting to see Tougane when he was young.
Dec 4, 2014 9:19 PM
Nov 2014

His opinion isn't worth more than anybody else's. And from what I read, he didn't even understand some plot points.

money4me247 said:

as other people have said, season 1 sybil recognized it had flaws. sybil was shown in season 1 not to really care about whether it lived up to an "ideal judgement system without any flaws" as sybil will bend the rules when it suited it. this was demonstrated by the times that it overwritten non-lethal mode into lethal mode despite the psycho pass numbers in order to advance its own goals.

omnipotence paradox is silly. sibyl cannot judge itself because it is comprised of criminally asymptomatic people, which are by definition people that sibyl cannot judge. sibyl's actions should logically be geared towards self-preservation & maintenance of status quo... not philosophical musing about whether it is omnipotent. sibyl never claimed to be omnipotent & unflawed.

Sibyl never claimed to be omnipotent, right. BUT it actually said that it doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs PEOPLE to believe it is PERFECT. That's the only way people would trust so much in a supossedly computarized system that has no flaws. Akane's thoughts about the omnipotence paradox are probably an attempt to understand Kamui's point of view and what does he want to do. It is not that hard to understand, Kamui wants to let the PEOPLE know that Sibyl is not the perfect system they believe it is. He probably wants to create a situation where Sibyl can't act without falling in a paradox. If it can't judge itself, its not perfect. And if it can judge itself, then it cannot judge others anymore. We are aware of that, but the citizens in that world aren't.

Besides, Sibyl overwriting the dominators doesn't count as recognizing its flaws. Since they always recognized its flaws to themselves, just not to the society. I mean, those situations were things like Kagari's murder, so nobody would know what they did.

money4me247 said:

Sybil is just being evil just because. New PP writers don't understand the core principles/themes of this show.

Most of the season 1 ideas were just thrown out the window. season 1 sybil was a "morally gray but not evil" SYSTEM that was only shown to break the rules for self-preservation of its secret (when they killed Enforcer Shusei). While Sybil had certain huge flaws (unable to judge a small percent of criminally asymptomatic people & judging proximity/exposure to crime as crime), it still made kinda sense for a society to adopt it.

I feel like season 1 was stronger because sybil was a morally ambiguous SYSTEM. It simply imposed a set of rules that guided the real characters' actions. Despite being brains comprised of criminally asymptomatic people, sybil only did two actions in that season (express a desire to capture Makishima and eliminate people who discovered its secret). These two actions fall into line with sybil's overall protocol & design. The show was about how society unfolds & how characters act within this universe with such judgement system in place.

In season 2, Sybil is not just the "rules of this world," but rather an actual CHARACTER... an evil CHARACTER. However, the writers forgot that characters must have a personality and motivations. Then, the character acts logically according those those things.

Sybil is shown in this season to manipulate electronics/whatever to kill all opposition & random innocent bystanders in the season of hell, allowing unethical experiments to create AA people (don't see the point to this at all), trying to color its own inspectors black (god knows why), and telling random people its huge secret. Sybil's actions no longer have any real purpose or point, but its just doing evil things just so it establishes itself as a super bad guy. (in case any viewers were dumb enough in season 1 not to see the huge unethical problems with a system like sybil)

Doesn't logically make any sense for a powerful system like Sybil to resort to ...lol... traffic accidents to stop an opposition judgement program. Don't even see how those two things even relate at all. Don't see the point of making AA people as they occur naturally. Don't see the point of corrupting and terminating its own loyal employees that are actively advancing Sybil's goals. Don't see the point of telling Mika everything when she has not shown any potential at all besides being able to google stuff & bitch.

The point is that there really is no point or logic to sybil's actions anymore. It is just being evil because the writers.

Exactly. This season is just information dumps or contrived situations for twists/shock value. Absolutely no character development at all.

Season 1 was cool because you see the characters develop and act within this weird sci-fi setting. The gore/murders/shocks/twists were interesting because how it changed the characters that we cared about. It has about the characters... not the twists. Season 2 is all about playing around the established rules of the universe to make it seem like interesting & cool twists when its really just dumb contrived scenarios that are making less & less sense and becoming more & more unbelievable.

Main villian #1 Kamui is 184 dead people stitched together... this somehow arbitrarily makes him invisible to scanners... he holds a grudge at sybil because sybil caused traffic accidents. Has the super power to clear psycho passes due to surgery. Has a crew of illegal aliens who look like higher ups from organ transplants that allow him to do everything from complex surgery, advanced holo programming, expert hacking, and mad drug/therapy skills. main villian #2 sybil + togane has the main focus of wanting to corrupt all their own inspectors for no real good reason & seem pretty apathetic to kamui.

Let's not have any character development & kill a bunch of randoms for shock value. Kill off a bunch of Inspectors/Enforcers that we don't know anything about at the drone factory. Kill off a bunch of 'evil' Kamui cohorts at a dinner that we don't know anything about. Introduce token grandmother with no real meaningful character interaction with akane just to kill off for shock value.

I'm going to try and answer to the main "problems" you listed.
15 years ago, we don't really know the way things were. Since the technologies to extract a brain from a living person were being developed, and were tested on Kamui, for all we know Sibyl wasn't as powerful as it is right now. Besides, the Panopticon was an alternative system proposed by the Ministry of Economy. It was being tested at the time, and one of the things it controlled while being tested was the traffic. It makes a lot of sense that if the amount of accidents is much higher than before, Panopticon would have been blamed. So its completely realistic for Sibyl to sabotage it like that to be the only one ruling society.

There are many reasons for wanting to create AA people artificially. Experimenting on how they work so they can deal with them, possibly add them to the Sibyl system, also human curiosity is another reason. You'd be surprised at all the kind of experiments that are done in real life.

About the Sibyl wanting to cloud inspectors thing... Well, Togane said in this episode that they killed the doctor because he knew too much. Probably the same reason all the other 5 inspectors had been clouded and killed by Togane over the years: they became a problem for Sibyl, they knew too much, etc.

They told Mika the truth because of her hue not raising much after knowing the AA secret and that Togane was her son. Since they eventually want to tell the truth to the people, testing it with an ideal citizen that doesn't get her hue clouded easily is an interesting experiment for them.

Also, Sibyl isn't apathetic to Kamui, it just can't tell the truth to their inspectors. They are waiting and dealing with the problem in their own way, trying not to look bad in the process.
And, more importantly, Kamui doesn't hold a grudge to Sibyl JUST because of the plane crash. They did something even worst, that was Misako Togane's experimenting on him, testing if the technologies they were developing were effective, and doing that massive surgery to test it out. That fact made him be completely left out of society. Not only the system didn't recognize him as an existent being, but every person he approached to, ran away because accepting that there is someone that doesn't even exist for Sibyl is like doubting the system itself, which is a reason to raise their psycho passes.
Once he found out the truth about why he was the way he is, he plotted this revenge, and probably wants to bring down Sibyl (for causing Hell's season and not recognizing him) as well as judging the actual people behind his surgery (that happens to be connected with the system itself, wonder if Kamui knows that).

Anyway, I'm really liking this season a lot. It's great so far. I still like S1 more, and I still like Makishima more than Kamui. But I think this is a very good season, it may have some flaws, but I don't think they are big enough to make it that bad at all. It's the minor things that every show has, and it's even debatable if they are plot holes given that the show recognizes them and explains them, if you like the explanation or not is something different.

Although the majority of people seem to be closer to my opinion (that this season is very good, judging by most comments here and on other sites), I am kinda surprised that some people really just don't like it.
I guess it's a matter of taste.

P.S: Sorry for the long comment.
Dec 4, 2014 9:25 PM
Oct 2014
Akane doing the Gendo pose.
She's gonna kick some ass.
Dec 4, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Well...Mika is rekt with a capital REKT.

Although it was funny how screwed she is, now she's become more annoying now that she's basically the Togane family pawn.

Pretty fucking ridiculous how Sybil let's 1 brain dominate a body for so long. Momma Togane has been in the Chief's body for forever now, and is literally doing shit that goes against the principles of Sybil, yet Sybil doesn't rectify it.

I don't really find Akane attractive, but the fanservice was much appreciated.
NEVER ENOUGH FANSERVICE!

Akane finally snapped. You know that it wasn't good for her hue when you had every enforcer except Togane trying to stop her.

RIP Grandma? Sure as hell seemed that way.

Also I feel like I'm rooting for Kamui to succeed at this point. With Sybil being as broken as it is, and allowing all of this to happen, if Kamui succeeds where Makishima failed then all of this would stop happening.
Jonesy974Dec 4, 2014 9:36 PM
Dec 4, 2014 9:33 PM
Jul 2013
Can someone please explain the whole deal with the illegal immigrants in the series? This episode made things even more confusing for me. Were the immigrants brought over to replace the high ranking officials by wearing the holos? Was the politician in the beginning an immigrant wearing a holo or Kamui? Or was he both perhaps at different times? What also really confused me was the dinner party scene. The people that Kamui enacted revenge upon were people who profited from the plane crash/season of hell? What was up with the animals? Were the immigrants wearing animal holos? Why were they disfigured and why would the immigrants be killed off?
Thank you for making things more clear!
Dec 4, 2014 9:48 PM

Jun 2009
shippos said:
just when i thought things couldn't get worse. i wonder how akane will react and what her psycho pass will be now

well akane saw her friend being killed right infront of her and had the memorie scoop right after 0 nothing happened too being clouded I don't think it will happen now either
Dec 4, 2014 10:09 PM
Oct 2010
mishoo said:
Can someone please explain the whole deal with the illegal immigrants in the series? This episode made things even more confusing for me. Were the immigrants brought over to replace the high ranking officials by wearing the holos? Was the politician in the beginning an immigrant wearing a holo or Kamui? Or was he both perhaps at different times? What also really confused me was the dinner party scene. The people that Kamui enacted revenge upon were people who profited from the plane crash/season of hell? What was up with the animals? Were the immigrants wearing animal holos? Why were they disfigured and why would the immigrants be killed off?
Thank you for making things more clear!

The politicians were killing and torturing illegal immigrants to keep their psycho pass down as they were able to ease their frustrations. In season 1 this was a reoccuring thing when makshima was helping people kill others in order to quell their bloodlust and keep their psycho pass low. The disfigurement of the immigrants was done by the politicians in that house and they then propped them up like trophies. Eventually the killing stopped helping them so they tried to go to kamui for help, who in turn killed them. The person being served to them was one of their colleagues, he was chopped up and given to them to show them what they were doing to people, the guy in the holo was just one of kamui's helpers and nothing more. The reason they were chosen is because no one would miss them, they have no family or data on them within the country. The politician you saw was kamui's friend and he wasn't wearing a holo.

gedata said:

Puppies are considered to be the epitome of cuteness by many. Killing them off is a quick and easy way to garner some kind of cheap emotional appeal. As much as I dislike Elfen Lied, the puppy killing their at least served some point. Over here it's just "how could they kill those cute doggies! Doesn't that make Sybil messed up! They're totally bad people", y'know, something that we already knew.

This one requires knowledge about what they were doing to understand why puppies were used. It has been proven that children who engage in repeated animal cruelty tend to develop extremely violent tendencies, essentially they were trying to force togane's PP to get worse through extremely disturbing means.
Dec 4, 2014 10:14 PM

Jan 2009
I thought Psycho Pass couldn't get even more messed up but oh man I was wrong. Killing puppies, burning maimed bodies, kidnapping/killing Akane's granny, man this episode was messed up as hell. Keeps me wondering what they have in store for the finale and the upcoming movie.
Dec 4, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2007
Mika is a piece of shit. I can understand her wanting to get Akane fired and I can understand her fearing for her life but to help the bad guys find Akane's grandma in order to try and turn Akane's hue dark is a low blow. I do have doubts about that actually being Akane's grandma though. Wasn't there mention in an earlier episode that she was moved to another hospital? Could that grandma in the trunk be a copy?

I feel like the whole "can an omnipotent god judge itself" was a foreshadowing of what's going on with the Sibyl system right now. 1 God can't judge itself but many Gods that make up one being can. I feel the Sibyl system is allowing Misako Togane to do the things she's doing in order to judge whether or not she should stay within the hive mind or not. The brains are judging her actions. Whether or not what she's doing is considered ok by the brains remains to be seen though.
Dec 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Feb 2011
I seek the moment when Togane will be outsmarted and will die like a piece of shit.
Forever Berserk
Dec 4, 2014 10:32 PM
Nov 2013
Well, that escalated very quickly.

Togane's been fucked up from the start. That puppy scene though.. Also, that talk about a god judging a god seems like some heavy foreshadowing about something that's going on in the Sibyl system. I wonder who that god is? (My guess is Chief Kasei). The dinner
Hall scene was gross as well (man this episode was full of bloodbaths. Kamui seems to something already. The ending credit scene made extremely sad, poor Akane's oba-chan :(

Crazy episode. I wonder if the movie is a sequel to this season or a brand new story. Did they specify that already?
Dec 4, 2014 10:59 PM
Nov 2014
r0ykun said:
I wonder if the movie is a sequel to this season or a brand new story. Did they specify that already?

Yes. It's a sequel to this season in the sense that it happens in the same timeline, 2 years after the events of S2. But the movie has its own story not related to the story in S2.
Dec 4, 2014 11:09 PM

Oct 2013
Anyone want to give me the name of that music piece during the ear in the box scene?
Dec 4, 2014 11:31 PM
Aug 2014
My prediction: Akane is criminally asymptomatic.
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Dec 4, 2014 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
That scene with the ear...Oh damn. Crazy intense.
Dec 4, 2014 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
This season..I'm not understanding...maybe it's just my incompetence, but why exactly is sybil trying to make Akane's hue black? Wouldn't that hurt them in the long run? If she's judged and forced to be an enforcer/dead, then they'd lose an inspector who follows everything that sybil lays out. Or are they trying to figure out if she's criminally asymptomatic so they can add her to her brain collection?

I also don't get what the point of telling Shimotski all this information even was. Why tell it to her? She doesn't really seem like someone who would really do much with the information. Kasei should've just said "Whatever, we'll look into it" when Shimotski showed her the report.

I'm also not really understanding Kamui's character, his motives, nor his followers. So we've gathered that Kamui is essentially someone who was made by the organs of 184 different people (which, because of a plane crash, should not be able to function, given how much damage that causes to internal organs, but sci-fi, w/e). How does this allow him to avoid scanners? And it's established that he hates sybil because they caused traffic accidents/airplane crashes. Was it explained why they did this? I think I missed it/forgot.
His followers are all illegal aliens disguised as holos of higher ups, correct? Why are they helping Kamui? Why did Kamui and his friend burn those illegal immigrants and officials?

Why exactly does sybil not care for Kamui's motivations right now? He's a much bigger threat to the system than Akane or Shimotski. Why aren't they taking any actions to shut him down? Kasei seems to be completely unfazed by his actions.

Tougane is said to be a latent criminal who was able to raise inspector's psychopasses, where then all of them died due to their PP's being too high. But then we see Tougane killing puppies and maintaining a clear PP, so how is he a latent criminal? Why was he created artificially? What exactly were they doing? Why are they doing AA when criminally asymptomatic people already exist naturally? What is sybil's goal here?

I know some of my questions may be just things that can probably be found in the episodes themselves, but with all the info dumps and all the exposition, it's just hard to keep up.

I also feel as if they just kind randomly pull something out of the blue. Like this stockholder came out of nowhere and he's somehow linked to Kamui because he went to the same elementary school. And then him and Kamui just decid to kill a bunch of people with a very vague understanding of why they did it. There's nothing that leads up to it; it just happens. Kasei's "plan" to trap Shimotski is another example, as well as the discovery of those 184 students. But I'm probably just nitpicking.

Any answers/replies will be great!
AlfonseDec 4, 2014 11:58 PM
Dec 5, 2014 12:26 AM

Dec 2013
*Nessun Dorma...ughh no.
*Mika clapping--cringeworthy, even if it was faked
*More gratuitous gore
*Kamui's associate almost became a latent criminal for the guilt of missing a flight? Seemed stupid to me. If it's that easy to become an LC, everyone in the workforce would be a target for enforcement from a simple work deadline.
*Omnipotence Paradox--a step in the right direction for once, although I stilll think the criticism is far more compelling than the logic used to defend these events. Using Sybil's own Dominators makes for an interesting societal and possibly philosophical statement, but it's also a bit ridiculous. Kamui could have saved himself all the trouble by obtaining conventional weaponry through his many connections and owned Sybil in a single ep. Waiting to see the fruits of his plan though.

Still, a much better ep than last week.
DouluoDec 5, 2014 1:03 AM
Dec 5, 2014 12:32 AM
Aug 2013
Rayzer said:
mdubs said:

I am actually really curious about this. Logically, if you put yourself in her shoes, you would definitely be faking absolute faith in the system in order not to get killed.

I think most normal people would be revolted that a judgement system that is supposedly doing an objective unbiased scientific scan to determine a person's criminality is simply a collection of criminal brains lacking empathy making the subjective call. Remember that in order to be classified criminally asymptomatic, you actually have to commit a crime & not have your criminal co-efficient change!!! Criminally asymptomatic people who do not commit a crime just seem like normal people & there is no way to identify them & incorporate into the system. Therefore, all brains in the Sibyl system have participated in criminal acts without a change in their co-efficient before being ID-ed and incorporated.

So logically, Mika who hypothetically has faith in the SYSTEM (not blinding following the rules because... they are the rules lol) would be revolted by this. I guess Mika does have a weird outlook on things & acts in a manner that most viewers don't agree with, so who knows.

The following is certain though. If you are lying or faking it, the stress should cause your psycho pass to go up. Considering the Sibyl system can judge criminal intent & should be an expert at reading human body language, the Sibyl system should easily be able to tell whether she is faking it or not. The fact that the Sibyl system goes on about her being a model citizen & does not doubt her intentions most likely implies she is going along with it.

If the writers introduce the twist that Mika was faking all along... that would make the Sibyl system look so inept & worthless at judging people, I don't see how this universe even makes sense anymore. hahah
Dec 5, 2014 12:41 AM
Sep 2013
So...the end is near. The only characters I care about right now are the main characters from last season. I don't even care about Kamui anymore. The only part I liked about this episode was the paradox and Akane being pissed off. I like seeing characters that are usually calm being pissed off. I guess this was a good episode. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Dec 5, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2011
Really impressed with the dialogue in this ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 5, 2014 12:54 AM
Aug 2013
LucasMV said:

Sibyl never claimed to be omnipotent, right. BUT it actually said that it doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs PEOPLE to believe it is PERFECT. That's the only way people would trust so much in a supossedly computarized system that has no flaws. Akane's thoughts about the omnipotence paradox are probably an attempt to understand Kamui's point of view and what does he want to do. It is not that hard to understand, Kamui wants to let the PEOPLE know that Sibyl is not the perfect system they believe it is. He probably wants to create a situation where Sibyl can't act without falling in a paradox. If it can't judge itself, its not perfect. And if it can judge itself, then it cannot judge others anymore. We are aware of that, but the citizens in that world aren't.

Besides, Sibyl overwriting the dominators doesn't count as recognizing its flaws. Since they always recognized its flaws to themselves, just not to the society. I mean, those situations were things like Kagari's murder, so nobody would know what they did.

I agree with your analysis. The paradox makes the most sense not looking at it from Sybil's point of view, but rather from an outsider POV like Akane who know the truth of the system. Akane was using that paradox to imply how the system would fall apart if people learned the truth of the system.

The person I was replying to was saying that Sybil thought itself perfect & without flaws, and the omnipotence paradox was preventing it from deactivating the dominators. Sybil is just a system trying to enforce the ways things are & maintain power. It should not care about philosophical musings like that paradox.

However, honestly, the omnipotence paradox is not really directly related to Sybil or the current situation, but feels like it was added just for that extra philosophical/intellectual vibe.

Sybil does not need to be omnipotent or perfect. Sybil is simply a system that achieves "safety & security aka law & order" at the expensive of personal freedom.

People do indeed already buy into the system & Sybil forcefully keeps its most obvious flaws (criminally asymptomatic people, Eustress deficiency) out of the public eye. However, flaws have already been revealed in Season 1 with the helmets. Even the idea that your hue can get clouded by talking to the wrong people, witnessing a criminal act, or being in the same area as where criminal behavior is occurring are huge logical red flags (IMO). DESPITE all this, people are still buying into the system. Therefore, the more important question isn't about omnipotence or perfection (as any viewer already easily understands the sybil system is flawed & imperfect)... but rather if the societal sacrifices are actually worth it for Sybil's version of "peace & order."
Dec 5, 2014 1:19 AM
Aug 2013
LucasMV said:

I'm going to try and answer to the main "problems" you listed.
15 years ago, we don't really know the way things were. Since the technologies to extract a brain from a living person were being developed, and were tested on Kamui, for all we know Sibyl wasn't as powerful as it is right now. Besides, the Panopticon was an alternative system proposed by the Ministry of Economy. It was being tested at the time, and one of the things it controlled while being tested was the traffic. It makes a lot of sense that if the amount of accidents is much higher than before, Panopticon would have been blamed. So its completely realistic for Sibyl to sabotage it like that to be the only one ruling society.

There are many reasons for wanting to create AA people artificially. Experimenting on how they work so they can deal with them, possibly add them to the Sibyl system, also human curiosity is another reason. You'd be surprised at all the kind of experiments that are done in real life.

About the Sibyl wanting to cloud inspectors thing... Well, Togane said in this episode that they killed the doctor because he knew too much. Probably the same reason all the other 5 inspectors had been clouded and killed by Togane over the years: they became a problem for Sibyl, they knew too much, etc.

They told Mika the truth because of her hue not raising much after knowing the AA secret and that Togane was her son. Since they eventually want to tell the truth to the people, testing it with an ideal citizen that doesn't get her hue clouded easily is an interesting experiment for them.

Also, Sibyl isn't apathetic to Kamui, it just can't tell the truth to their inspectors. They are waiting and dealing with the problem in their own way, trying not to look bad in the process.
And, more importantly, Kamui doesn't hold a grudge to Sibyl JUST because of the plane crash. They did something even worst, that was Misako Togane's experimenting on him, testing if the technologies they were developing were effective, and doing that massive surgery to test it out. That fact made him be completely left out of society. Not only the system didn't recognize him as an existent being, but every person he approached to, ran away because accepting that there is someone that doesn't even exist for Sibyl is like doubting the system itself, which is a reason to raise their psycho passes.
Once he found out the truth about why he was the way he is, he plotted this revenge, and probably wants to bring down Sibyl (for causing Hell's season and not recognizing him) as well as judging the actual people behind his surgery (that happens to be connected with the system itself, wonder if Kamui knows that).

Anyway, I'm really liking this season a lot. It's great so far. I still like S1 more, and I still like Makishima more than Kamui. But I think this is a very good season, it may have some flaws, but I don't think they are big enough to make it that bad at all. It's the minor things that every show has, and it's even debatable if they are plot holes given that the show recognizes them and explains them, if you like the explanation or not is something different.

Although the majority of people seem to be closer to my opinion (that this season is very good, judging by most comments here and on other sites), I am kinda surprised that some people really just don't like it.
I guess it's a matter of taste.

P.S: Sorry for the long comment.

You are right. They do give "reasons" for all the actions that have occurred & you summed it up very well. I do remember & understand those "reasons." My complaint is that the actions and the reasons behind them seem like extremely contrived situations. Note how all the reasons are simply done via information dumping explanations. The action & reasoning is not flowing organically, but rather just feels to me to be made-up for the sake of having a weird twist on the show's core principles.

We never heard of Panopticon, Season of hell, AA, or advanced human experimentation in this universe. There was no indication that organic material had any impact on psycho passes. There was no indication that Sybil had any actual informed human agents outside Akane and Season 1 implied that Akane was the first outsider that Sybil confessed to. It honestly just seems like a lot of these ideas were pretty cobbled together & written for the express purpose to undermine our previous understanding of the universe for that extra shock/surprise value.

Being able to artifically create AA undermines the premise that Sybil itself doesn't understand what causes AA and requires the harvesting criminally asympamatic people to maintain itself. If you can just grow it in a box, then there would be some sort of scientific explanation for AA and a way to create it, then they should understand AA enough to be able to judge AA people as well.

Killing the doctor & inspectors because it suited sybil reaffirms that sybil is not striving to be a perfect system, but just doing whatever the hell it wants to achieve its personal goals. However, I don't see any consistency in its actions. I agree killing inspectors that knew too much or are a threat makes sense, but you can easily just demote an inspector to a latent criminal & continue to get value out of them instead of killing them. Also, considering the inconsistencies with that mentality by Sybil's actions including how freely it told Mika the truth & how its is chill with Akane knowing & cooperating. It seems like Sybil is a very capricious system this season not really following a systematic logical plan, which contradicts its characterization of emotionless brains that simply apply logic without any preconceived moral biases.

PS: no worries about the long comment. this discussion is interesting. You are right, there are reasons for the things I was complaining about. I personally don't really buy the reasons & it seems very contrived and fake to me.
Dec 5, 2014 1:26 AM
Aug 2013
Alfonse said:
This season..I'm not understanding...maybe it's just my incompetence, but why exactly is sybil trying to make Akane's hue black? Wouldn't that hurt them in the long run? If she's judged and forced to be an enforcer/dead, then they'd lose an inspector who follows everything that sybil lays out. Or are they trying to figure out if she's criminally asymptomatic so they can add her to her brain collection?

I also don't get what the point of telling Shimotski all this information even was. Why tell it to her? She doesn't really seem like someone who would really do much with the information. Kasei should've just said "Whatever, we'll look into it" when Shimotski showed her the report.

I'm also not really understanding Kamui's character, his motives, nor his followers. So we've gathered that Kamui is essentially someone who was made by the organs of 184 different people (which, because of a plane crash, should not be able to function, given how much damage that causes to internal organs, but sci-fi, w/e). How does this allow him to avoid scanners? And it's established that he hates sybil because they caused traffic accidents/airplane crashes. Was it explained why they did this? I think I missed it/forgot.
His followers are all illegal aliens disguised as holos of higher ups, correct? Why are they helping Kamui? Why did Kamui and his friend burn those illegal immigrants and officials?

Why exactly does sybil not care for Kamui's motivations right now? He's a much bigger threat to the system than Akane or Shimotski. Why aren't they taking any actions to shut him down? Kasei seems to be completely unfazed by his actions.

Tougane is said to be a latent criminal who was able to raise inspector's psychopasses, where then all of them died due to their PP's being too high. But then we see Tougane killing puppies and maintaining a clear PP, so how is he a latent criminal? Why was he created artificially? What exactly were they doing? Why are they doing AA when criminally asymptomatic people already exist naturally? What is sybil's goal here?

I know some of my questions may be just things that can probably be found in the episodes themselves, but with all the info dumps and all the exposition, it's just hard to keep up.

I also feel as if they just kind randomly pull something out of the blue. Like this stockholder came out of nowhere and he's somehow linked to Kamui because he went to the same elementary school. And then him and Kamui just decid to kill a bunch of people with a very vague understanding of why they did it. There's nothing that leads up to it; it just happens. Kasei's "plan" to trap Shimotski is another example, as well as the discovery of those 184 students. But I'm probably just nitpicking.

Any answers/replies will be great!

+1. This is exactly how I feel about this season & that summarizes a lot of 'issues' I see with the plot.

The blatant contradiction between Togane being AA with a pure hue but also a latent criminal with the highest ever recorded CC is pretty hilarious. The explanation would be something along the lines of Sybil forged that CC number in order to plant Togane as a mole working closely with Akane.

lol... you can honestly come up with explanations for anything. I do feel like a lot of stuff in the show right now really feel like they were randomly pulled outta thin air just because. The connections & reasons seem a bit flimsy to me, so I think the writing has greatly gotten worse since season 1, but that's just my personal opinion.
Dec 5, 2014 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

639 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.