Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2009 1:58 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ikaros and Nymph look cute in their chibi form everythime i see it XD It's obvious that having wings in class will make you stand out among the rest of the students there :D I laugh when Ikaros's notes are way better than Sohara, not to mention Sohara doesn't seem to be good in English XD

The giant ingredients are funny, didn't think Ikaros and Nymph have to go that far to get it XD Tomoki was being random with his outfit but to actually jump is just ridiculous :P
ShanaFlameNov 15, 2009 2:24 PM
Nov 16, 2009 6:28 AM

Oct 2009
I was really not impressed with this except for two parts. The school setting was interesting but not surprising to me. I knew both angels had no problem with the school at all. The thing that was strange is why Ikaros was a student at one point and then a teacher? What was that? Nymph on the other hand was very interesting with her liking to birds. They sure both got a lot of love letters and guys after them. Poor Sohara being surpassed unfairly and poor with english. Watermelon is back! The most interesting still stays with Nymph here and I am very dissapointed that Sugata interupted Nymph here by getting a book: I also must say that here I am hasty/eager to know who is this master of Nymph?
BTW why even bother using a card for this whole school thing? This episode was incredible just because of Nymph simply she makes all this better for me. I really want to see more of her especially that part in the first pic....I want more of her playing around with Ikaros, I mentioned in her first appearance to see what she can do with Ikaros and Tomoki and now I have a good answer that needs more development.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 16, 2009 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
haha replacement for melon. yeah so they revealed the master of nymph. know a bit more about her goals now.

Nov 16, 2009 2:13 PM

Sep 2007
Looks like they're finally throwing out some of the comedy for more plot. Ikaros the Uranus Queen. She seemed to have done quite a few things in this Synapse place for having her whole mind locked down like that.
Nov 16, 2009 4:09 PM

Sep 2007
Like always, this episode is so good...
With the other ending. :)
Nov 16, 2009 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
LOL at flying suit
Nov 16, 2009 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
I can't believe Tomoki is actually jumped XD ROFL
That scene makes me laugh a lot
Nov 16, 2009 6:51 PM

Aug 2009
It was a OK episode, they toke out the math comedy, I thought it was the most funniest of the chapter :\

And I don't like the way they made Nymph, (tsundere, princess emotions), no Nymph introduction chapter turned into anime anymore =.=
Nov 16, 2009 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
Gotta love the "you can fly" scene - that was set up perfectly. LOL

That was interesting how the pumped up the animation quality during the scene between Nymph and Icarus at the end.

I'm getting an odd feeling that the creators of this show are attempting to turn it into a subtle satire of EVA.

In any event, another great episode, and it was very good that we got to meet Watermelon II.
Nov 16, 2009 7:42 PM

Jul 2008
Not bad. The animations stayed pretty consistent and they were all in really really high quality. Where do they get all the budget?!?!?
Nov 16, 2009 7:50 PM
Oct 2009
I wonder if Icaros becoming red-eyed to protect tomo has anything to do with her seemingly conscious release to solve the math problem. She couldn't figure tails or heads and just wrote master all over the homework a few episodes ago.

Also, tomo flying = peer pressure at it's best
Nov 16, 2009 8:11 PM

Nov 2008
0% ecchi? I ain't complaining. It's getting serious now but this is episode 7 after all. Good episode but it'll still be a basic plot nonetheless.
Nov 16, 2009 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
wow ikaros and nymph go to school, what could possibly go wrong? a lot of those guys in that school must be masochists if they liked angry nymph. plus ikaros has been almost completely sealed, why? who knows?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 16, 2009 10:37 PM

Sep 2008
well it was time to move on the plot a lil`, but seriously, since ikros wrote the title in the board i thought that " he is so going to fell", and he did.....poor guy
O_O nymph is evil... who would have thougth it....oh yeah everyone......
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 16, 2009 11:43 PM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed the updated plot elements. I look forward to seeing how things turn out.
Nov 17, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2009
I lol'ed at "Tomoki flying scene" XD
Nymph master is revealed...what are their motive actually?
Nov 17, 2009 4:18 AM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
I can't believe Tomoki is actually jumped XD ROFL
That scene makes me laugh a lot

Actually I liked it too because he was so hurt apart from Sohara always beating him up.
dbaranyi said:
and it was very good that we got to meet Watermelon II.
Ah yes Watermelon 2.....where did it ever come from?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 17, 2009 6:16 AM

Feb 2009
Hmmm...plot is getting pretty interesting already.
Oh,how much i hate Nymph...i hope Ikaros will own her in later episodes.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 17, 2009 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
This was a good episode, but I really think they should have gone down the manga route with the anime adaptation. I like fanservice and all, but the reason I read the manga and looked at the raws of future chapters is because the manga got serious and has a moderately violent streak. First time I ever complained about an anime not being like the manga.

This needs 24-26 episodes instead of 12 + 1 OVA
Nov 17, 2009 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
UH-Oh Got Some Plot Goin On Here Lol.......Good Episode
Nov 17, 2009 1:49 PM

Oct 2009
Nymph really annoys me, idk idk.

This episode was pretty blaaaah for me. The only thing that left me feeling anything at all was that subtle look Sugata gave Mikako when she talked about reading love letters to the entire school. Moar development with the two of them plz and then I will be forever content with this show.

Ikaros is still as cute as ever, though.

Anyway. It just doesn't seem like we have a lot of room for any great plot, what with their only being a few episodes left. Ah, well. There's always the manga.
Nov 17, 2009 1:55 PM

Jan 2009
Why am I not surprised that Ikaros wants to go to school too?xD..
Oh well, I liked when she went back and forth in chibi-form, pondering whether she should go or not xD
OH WAIT, I JUST REALIZED: The pre-OP sequence was not done by ... glasses-guy (: D) this time xD

Oh well, Nymph~
Wonderful character : >
And she loves sweets~
But she can't cook xD.

And Ikaros is awesome at drawing xD
Apple~
Although.. what Ikaros was talking about when she got to be teacher.. I have no idea : D
Or well, I have a hunch (no, there's no need to dig into it), but it seriously sounded weird.

"Nymph-san is cute and pretty cool." Yup : >
More Nymph-chan, kthnx

Oh and also,
KillerYandere said:
This needs 24-26 episodes instead of 12 + 1 OVA

^This, would be awesome if it was : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 17, 2009 2:33 PM

Sep 2007
WOW !
Another look with subbed version but it's really beautiful when Ikaros spoke about the invisible wings...
I loved that and the music...
Like crying. :(
Nov 17, 2009 5:06 PM

Feb 2009
The first part was really stupid. In other words it was really great. I knew there was gonna be some kind of plot in this show, so starting off half-way through probably isn't a too bad idea. I just hope it stays stupid.
Nov 18, 2009 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
Plot Hoooo!

Finally we see some meaningful action. Ikaros is a amnesic POMD who would have guessed it? Well everyone hopefully, since we have been beaten over head with it since before episode 1( its in the opening)

The opening and first episode gave me high hope for this anime, but it seems unlikely they can turn this into a meaningful story in the remaining 6 episodes. Has anyone heard about a miraculous second season? Otherwise if fear that this is fated to end in disappointment. My hope was that the episode 2-6 would be a mostly serious mystery with a faint mask of learning to deal with Ikaros while going to school. Sure I expected occasional Echii moments and comic relief, but Instead it turned into a complete farce, that treats Ikaros' POMD powers as a joke. I am going to need to see some major mood whiplash in the next episode if I am to continue watching this.
DragnoerNov 18, 2009 3:04 AM
Error 547: No keyboard detected, press F12 for options.

Nov 18, 2009 3:34 AM

Jan 2009
Dragnoer said:
Plot Hoooo!

Finally we see some meaningful action. Ikaros is a amnesic POMD who would have guessed it? Well everyone hopefully, since we have been beaten over head with it since before episode 1( its in the opening)

The opening and first episode gave me high hope for this anime, but it seems unlikely they can turn this into a meaningful story in the remaining 6 episodes. Has anyone heard about a miraculous second season? Otherwise if fear that this is fated to end in disappointment. My hope was that the episode 2-6 would be a mostly serious mystery with a faint mask of learning to deal with Ikaros while going to school. Sure I expected occasional Echii moments and comic relief, but Instead it turned into a complete farce, that treats Ikaros' POMD powers as a joke. I am going to need to see some major mood whiplash in the next episode if I am to continue watching this.

Personally I never expected to see much plot, and I pretty much watch it for the lulz, but that's just me I guess.
And also, there's no one forcing you to watch it you know.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 19, 2009 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
I beleive I can fly, I beleive I can touch the sky (8) ... wait

Winpisode is win
Nov 21, 2009 6:43 AM

Dec 2008
I hope some of Ikaros emotions will awaken,her abilties are very limited
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2009 1:24 AM

Nov 2008
The more the class cheered him on, the more you knew that he was going to smack the pavement.... HARD.
Nov 22, 2009 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
yay plot development. No complaints from me.

I still love the darn chibi forms of the characters in this series.

Nov 23, 2009 4:36 AM

Dec 2008
yeah the chibi is nice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2009 6:47 AM

Sep 2008
Some plot is finally beginning to arise!

Loved chibi forms =) (actually chibis are always welcome xDD)

5/5

Looking forward to next ep~ (Hope it really starts to have some plot, not just some ecchiness =_=)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 23, 2009 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
Tensai-Kun said:
Looking forward to next ep~ (Hope it really starts to have some plot, not just some ecchiness =_=)

What's so bad with the ecchiness?x)
Also, it feels pretty weird to have started watching this without expecting any plot at all, and then seeing some possible plot come forward xD
Nov 23, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
Tensai-Kun said:
There are shows you watch for plot and there are shows you watch for comedy and fanservice. This is undeniably the latter. I'm only somewhat interested in where they're going to go with the plot from here. If I could have my way I'd rather they just stick to comedy and do some halfassed ending to close it. It's been a while since I've watched something that is consistently entertaining without being serious at all.

Then again if we can get action sequences like the short one in the OP I won't complain. SnO surprisingly has some of the highest production values this season.
Nov 24, 2009 5:45 AM

May 2008
Ikaros and Nymph look cute in their chibi form everythime i see it XD It's obvious that having wings in class will make you stand out among the rest of the students there :D I laugh when Ikaros's notes are way better than Sohara, not to mention Sohara doesn't seem to be good in English XD

The giant ingredients are funny, didn't think Ikaros and Nymph have to go that far to get it XD Tomoki was being random with his outfit but to actually jump is just ridiculous :P
Nov 24, 2009 10:14 PM

Dec 2007
The plot was finally getting interesting, and that was a good episode. Ikaros and Nymph look cute in their chibi form. It was very interesting to see Ikaros's mind locked like that and I wonder why. I am looking foward to the next episode.
Nov 25, 2009 3:05 AM

May 2008
the first part didnt even make sense, oh well at least the plot comes back at the second part

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 29, 2009 3:00 PM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:
Tensai-Kun said:

What's so bad with the ecchiness?x)
Also, it feels pretty weird to have started watching this without expecting any plot at all, and then seeing some possible plot come forward xD

Xjellocross said:
There are shows you watch for plot and there are shows you watch for comedy and fanservice. This is undeniably the latter. I'm only somewhat interested in where they're going to go with the plot from here. If I could have my way I'd rather they just stick to comedy and do some halfassed ending to close it. It's been a while since I've watched something that is consistently entertaining without being serious at all.

Then again if we can get action sequences like the short one in the OP I won't complain. SnO surprisingly has some of the highest production values this season.

xPPs. There's nothing bad with ecchiness ^ ^ It's just that to me, I feel like this is too much fanservice. (Well, this is a mostly fanservice anime) I don't mind fanservice that much and I don't expect a big complicated plot to come either. If only, they'd give 80% of the ep to fanservice and 20% to plot I'd be satisfied, but I can't possibly watch a 100% ecchi from start to end anime >_<".
(So, just 4 mins for plot and 16 mins for fanservice and ecchiness, don't think this is asking for too much ^ ^)
+ The main plot I was refering to is ..

and sorry for the late reply >.<"

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 14, 2009 11:48 PM

Apr 2008
pretty interesting ?! o-o!

Jan 8, 2010 5:32 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my. It's starting to get hot in here. URANUS QUEEN ANYONE? THE HELL?! So basically, the reason why Icarus isn't functioning in its full capacities is because she has restriction protection programs or something installed in her. Oh my, very interesting.

Also, in the ending, I wonder who the master of Nymph was. I fucking knew it man. Nymph is an enemy. FUCK YOU MAN. I trusted you but this is what I get? Sigh.

Oh, and I liked the looks of Tomoki when he jumped out of the window. He looked pretty serious and adult back there. <3
Jan 14, 2010 3:59 AM

Jul 2009
how everyone in these anime is always just like
"oh yeah, she has wings *back to class*" Oo
Destiny~
Feb 20, 2010 12:44 AM

Jun 2009
Icarus chibiness so damn cute
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 29, 2010 1:39 AM

Aug 2008
This anime defies all logic. The class doesn't seem to find it strange that Ikaros and Nymph have wings. =.=
Apr 22, 2010 8:59 PM
Feb 2009
w0ow fail flying class :S
Apr 22, 2010 9:00 PM
Feb 2009
darkerealm said:
This anime defies all logic. The class doesn't seem to find it strange that Ikaros and Nymph have wings. =.=

ye one of the reasons why I don't like this show a lot.
May 8, 2010 9:46 PM

Mar 2010
I want to kill Nymph.
Aug 31, 2010 11:41 AM

Feb 2010
There's flying panties, Tomoki's house exploded, their teacher got like some crazy seizure and yet everyone reacts normally afterward. Dam people you guys should understand by now why no one in the anime finds it strange that the two had wings. :/ Also the asteroids or pillars w.e fell down from the sky and yet nobody else realizes it besides Tomoki?
Oct 11, 2010 12:04 PM

Feb 2010
Nymph <3
Nov 4, 2010 11:00 AM

May 2010
darkerealm said:

This..

I was a bit disappointed but the sudden revelation of the plot makes this more interesting.

A Uranus queen restricted from those things..

Maybe she's deadly than what she looks like..
Jan 23, 2011 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
I'm sure Ikaros will change later :P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Dec 27, 2009

168 by little_raven »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 8, 2009

87 by CosmicGirl08 »»
Feb 25, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 1, 2009

113 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 13, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Oct 12, 2009

145 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 10, 10:54 PM

Poll: » who do you want tomoki to end up with?

Turtlewack - Dec 14, 2013

9 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.