Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2014
Almost 80% of the new released anime include fanservice,i'm not talking about hentai or harem anime, i'm talking about normal anime with decent plot and characters,for example code geass which has everything it needs to be an epic anime is fully of fanservice, do I really need to fell horny while enjoying some serious moments of an anime?Does fanservice bothers you? Or it doesn't affects your enjoyment?
alikhandroDec 2, 2014 2:16 PM
"My Emotions Got Lost Somewhere Inside Me. They're Like A Letter I Sent To Myself... That Took Decades To Arrive," Mr.Grimmer -Monster
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 2, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2010
Fanservice by definition is extra stuff not related to the plot that's added to please the fans.
Mar 2013
no it's not necessary, that's why it's called fanservice

Jul 2011
Because sex sells

Nov 2013
Yes. No. No.
RyanEnsignDec 2, 2014 1:59 PM
Dec 2, 2014 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
It doesn't have that much.

And that's only sexual fanservice

Dec 2, 2014 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Fanservice by definition is extra stuff not related to the plot that's added to please the fans.
Praland said:
Because sex sells
RyanEnsign said:
Yes. No. Wut.

Does it bothers you?
"My Emotions Got Lost Somewhere Inside Me. They're Like A Letter I Sent To Myself... That Took Decades To Arrive," Mr.Grimmer -Monster
Dec 2, 2014 1:58 PM

Feb 2010
Anyone else heard the distant tales about a search function? No? I guess no.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 2, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2010
Terms that you should Google:
Fanservice, epic, harem, enjoyment.

Also, as long as this is a free market, you need to entertain your fans to see your stuff.
Capitalism 101.
Dec 2, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
JD2411 said:
no it's not necessary, that's why it's called fanservice

Yea what he said.

It doesn't bother me at all. There are VERY few occasions where I kinda go, damn her tits are huge. Other than that I don't even have a reason to complain.

Edit: I lied there are many cases I say, DAMN HER TITS ARE HUGE!

Nov 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

...Search function?

Oct 2013
it's necessary, if not there wouldn't be as many anime watchers

May 2013
Gundam Unicorn fanservice yumyum
Dem Zakus
Dec 2, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

This is a free discussion about a certain topic, so please either give us your thought or don't comment.
Dec 2, 2014 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
Gotta sell those BDs somehow.
Dec 2, 2014 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
UnoPuntoCinco said:
it's necessary, if not there wouldn't be as many anime watchers

I'm not asking if it's necessary i'm asking if it bothers you somehow.

Nov 2014
I'd prefer if fan service wasn't there as i don't feel that it's not necessary, i mean i know why it's there but i just don't see the point in it-so i guess you could it bothers me a bit but it won't stop we watching an anime :) Is it really about 80% of newly released anime that contains fan service?

Jul 2012
alikhandro said:
Do I really need to fell horny while enjoying some serious moments of an anime?Does fanservice bothers you? Or does it doesn't affects your enjoyment?

1. Pick better shows.
2. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm kind of desensitized now.
3. Tits/ass hinder enjoyment, manservice doesn't.

Jan 2012
i have no problem with a little bit fanservice but not too much like in fairy tail . the story was good before not anymore.

Dec 2, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
NoSpoilersPlease said:
I'd prefer if fan service wasn't there as i don't feel that it's not necessary, i mean i know why it's there but i just don't see the point in it-so i guess you could it bothers me a bit but it won't stop we watching an anime :) Is it really about 80% of newly released anime that contains fan service?

Check and see for yourself :)
Dec 2, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2013
Fanservice doesn't have to be sexual
It can also be yummy Gundam references and past mechs
Delta Plus <3

Aug 2014
AllenVonStein said:
i have no problem with a little bit fanservice but not too much like in fairy tail . the story was good before not anymore.

You can add one piece to it :)

Nov 2014
alikhandro said:
NoSpoilersPlease said:

Check and see for yourself :)

i like your reply :) haha, it wouldn't surprise me if it was anywhere around 80%
Dec 2, 2014 2:08 PM
Sep 2013
Code geass is not known beyond otaku fanbase
Fairly tail or one piece would be better example.
Dec 2, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
umashikaneko said:

I choose code geass because of it epic story and great characters, it doesn't need fanservise for people to watch it
Dec 2, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Fanservice usually doesn't bother me but sometimes it does to a small extent. I think it usually helps the anime more than it harms it.

I do enjoy fanservices like GTO, the sexual fanservice made the comedy really good.
Dec 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
Fanservice can be nice if done well <3
Dec 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2012
alikhandro said:
AllenVonStein said:

You can add one piece to it :)

yeah one piece too.+1

Dec 2, 2014 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
FatefulLove said:
Fanservice usually doesn't bother me but sometimes it does to a small extent. I think it usually helps the anime more than it harms it.

I do enjoy fanservices like GTO, the sexual fanservice made the comedy really good.

good point :)
Dec 2, 2014 2:12 PM

Nov 2014
In general, it doesn't harm the anime. What it does do is harm the anime's reputation and stop some people from watching it, which makes me sad. IMO.

*To actually answer the question, it's not necessary unless it's a plot point for the character to run around semi/full naked.
Dec 2, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
emu_emu-chan said:
Fanservice can be nice if done well <3

You mean done well to be more polite or more dirtier? :)
Dec 2, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
tanteiRE said:
In general, it doesn't harm the anime. What it does do is harm the anime's reputation and stop some people from watching it, which makes me sad. IMO.

*To actually answer the question, it's not necessary unless it's a plot point for the character to run around semi/full naked.
True.
Dec 2, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
It doesn't bother me.
Dec 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
A_Fat_Man said:
It doesn't bother me.
Good t know :)
Dec 2, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
alikhandro said:
Do I really need to fell horny while enjoying some serious moments of an anime?Does fanservice bothers you? Or does it doesn't affects your enjoyment?

1. Pick better shows.

You're only saying this because you're a girl
Dec 2, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
sullynathan said:
mayukachan said:

1. Pick better shows.

Yeah, but guys would agree if it was the other way around. Problem?
Dec 2, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2014
So you've seen 80% of newly released anime?
Dec 2, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2010
I also like the fanservices that gives services to fans other series or just to other things (parody).

I enjoy being able to identify them such as Gintama especially with that games arc, Outbreak Company with its numerous references. Honya with a recent one on AoT though I would think I need better examples. Seeing parodies that can be understood are pretty nice.

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
sullynathan said:

I highly doubt that guys would disagree. There's a reason the word gar and the popularity of 80's and 90's shonen exist

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
sullynathan said:

I'm a girl and I disagree :P
Basically, she's not only saying it because she's a girl.
Dec 2, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2014
tanteiRE said:
mayukachan said:

I'm a girl and I disagree :P
Nice! :)
Dec 2, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
tanteiRE said:

This LOL
Dec 2, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
tanteiRE said:

This LOL

Impressive. I too, sometimes do not saying things for the sole reason that I am a guy.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Dec 2, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2011
7starkiller99 said:
mayukachan said:

This LOL

Impressive. I too, sometimes do not saying things for the sole reason that I am a guy.
everything I say is because im a guy... because im a guy :p
Dec 2, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2014
Jeez you guys are too much T////T
Dec 2, 2014 2:33 PM
Dec 2013
umashikaneko said:

Yes it is. Code Geass is a mainstream anime.
Dec 2, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2013
JumpinJackCrash said:
umashikaneko said:

Yes it is. Code Geass is a mainstream anime.

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttt
Dec 2, 2014 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
It doesn't really bother me, I've gotten used to it
Dec 2, 2014 2:42 PM

Feb 2010
I would also say that tits/ass have a higher chance of hindering my enjoyment than manservice for 3 reasons:

1. Manservice is more contained to a few core genres (though it is getting more popular lately if you look at anime in general it's true) so chances that I get surprised by it in a show where the focus should lie elsewhere are lower.
2. It's rarely as in-your-face as lots of the ecchi stuff, often it is just bishounen character designs which don't prevent the characters from doing or saying interesting stuff unlike spending screen-time on bath or shower scenes, panty shots and whatnot.
3.I'm kinda used to it which makes it easier to ignore since, and let's be honest here, it's not like the 'manly' shows like DBZ aren't also full of well-built guys ripping shirts and showing off their sweaty, muscular upper bodies while passionately trying to grapple with each other. The context and the personality of the characters are often the main difference between manservice and badassery and often even go hand in hand.

That being said I wouldn't miss either in most of my shows, but if used for parody or good comedy they can be fun.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 2, 2014 2:57 PM

Feb 2010

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime you hope will be announced as soon as possible.

Dominusew - Today

15 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
3 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

39 by AverageRiceFan »»
4 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 43 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

18 by traed »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

84 by -YaoiBoy- »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.