Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2014 11:40 AM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I must say, I really didn't expect this series to get that depressing at the end. The Washio Sumi prequel series definitely gives a lot of background info for the sequel anime series, especially in episode 8. I feel really sorry for the trio of friends, reality is too cruel for these elementary schoolers especially for Gin who gave up her life.
Dec 3, 2014 12:49 AM
Jul 2010
why /THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST/ ? i believe the book is a novel: see http://washiosumi.jp/story/25/ for example.
Dec 3, 2014 12:58 AM
Mar 2012
c933103 said:
why /THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST/ ? i believe the book is a novel: see http://washiosumi.jp/story/25/ for example.

It's a novel discussion, the default thread opening will always say "THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER" even for novel entries.

Also, there is a manga adaption of this series too.
Dec 17, 2014 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
Well I just read this after having seen the 10 episodes of the show.

While this doesn't really stand on its own given the short length and abrupt ending, it does work well as a backstory dump for the show. I did enjoy the nods and "foreshadowing" for the show they had, like Sonoko giving Wasshi the ribbon or the magic hat trick mention.

And poor Gin indeed ;-;
Feb 17, 2016 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
Really liked this. It was a great to see the things that were only hinted at in the anime. I watched the anime first, then went back and read this. Then I went back and rewatched the TV series again, and it made me pick up on all sorts of things that I missed the first time around

The scenes with Mimori and Sonoko are heartbreaking to watch after reading this. It's so depressing that she has forgotten all about Sonoko and Gin.

That extra chapter was incredibly sad, since Gin was in it. And we learned Sonoko wanted to be a writer, but she lost all moment in her body. And the last part when she refused to fight Fuu cemented her as my second favorite character in the series. (behind Sumi/Mimori)

Really wish this was more widely available, as I think it's an important past of the overall story of the Yuuki Yuuna universe. I heard the anime sold pretty well, so I hope this will be animated at some point. I'd love to see an anime movie made from it.

More topics from this board

» Washio Sumi is a Hero light novel

Natsuru22 - Nov 27, 2014

11 by Paulo27 »»
Dec 30, 2014 9:21 AM

» About chapter 9.

lucy_kawaii - Dec 14, 2014

2 by Paulo27 »»
Dec 19, 2014 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.