Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 15, 2009 7:41 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The pacing does notmake sense.

Previously we had entire Ishval epicness crapped on and crammed into one episode and now we get a few pages of one chapter expanded into an episode...

Overall A bit more love for this episode, hopefully they won't ruin Briggs too much -.-1
Nov 15, 2009 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
imo not a really important ep. selim is important , but i dont think he will play a big role though.

Nov 15, 2009 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
What an amazing eyecatch.

Olivier was there, for about two seconds. WOOT!

Also, loved seeing Ed rockin' the winter coat.

I think this was one of the few episodes that is was pretty difficult to watch *hinted spoilers in small text* because of the creepiness factor of Pride DDDD:

Nice episode overall, I feel like they found just the right pacing, finally. Too bad about Ishval.

BEGINNER
Nov 15, 2009 6:44 PM

Jun 2009
Great episode, Although the meeting with Selim seemed a bit pointless.

Can't wait until they go North :D
Nov 15, 2009 7:35 PM

Aug 2008
This pace is much better than cram 3 or 4 chapters in 1 ep.
So very good episodes for two weeks.
Nov 15, 2009 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
TO THE NORTH!

I thought it was a good episode, can't wait for the next one tho.... :)
Nov 15, 2009 8:58 PM

May 2009
Same here. Can't wait for the change of scenery next week.
Nov 15, 2009 9:10 PM

Apr 2009
As much as it doesn't make sense now, i think Selim might take an important role much later so this is like setting it up.. this is a nice ep.. but i kinda miss the fast pace coz it seemed it slowed down after the OP/ED change..
Nov 15, 2009 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Selim is important!....he's like get's involved so much later on...
Fai said:

Previously we had entire Ishval epicness crapped on and crammed into one episode and now we get a few pages of one chapter expanded into an episode...

Overall A bit more love for this episode, hopefully they won't ruin Briggs too much -.-1
Thinking the same here as well ...the pacing is unusual...
Nov 15, 2009 10:23 PM

Feb 2008
Kiseki said:
but i dont think he will play a big role though.

Nov 15, 2009 10:53 PM
Jul 2009
tony38514 said:
Selim is important!....he's like get's involved so much later on...
Fai said:

Thinking the same here as well ...the pacing is unusual...

My thoughts are that they are going to include more of Ishval in the future as flash backs. They probably didn't want to derail the main plot for two or three episodes of flash backs and thought breaking it up would suit the TV medium better. At least That's my hope of what is happening.
Nov 15, 2009 11:14 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
quite the slow episode there...

yay! change of wardrobe :)

I'm excited for Olivier next ep!
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 16, 2009 12:19 AM

Jul 2008
Xerain said:
My thoughts are that they are going to include more of Ishval in the future as flash backs. They probably didn't want to derail the main plot for two or three episodes of flash backs and thought breaking it up would suit the TV medium better. At least That's my hope of what is happening.
It's not so much that they cut out scenes than that they altered many scenes, trimming them for time.

For example, Roy's scene saying he wants to rise to the top of the military happens after a scene where the men in Roy's unit thank him for saving their lives. This inspires him to tell Hughes his plans for the future and during that scene Bradley notices Roy's serious demeanor in contrast to the rest of the soldiers who are all celebrating the end of the war.

Of course, there was no reason to trim these things (honestly, it would have only added another 10-15 minutes) since they add to the overall impact of the story. The major things they left out completely will likely never appear because they wouldn't really fit into the story anymore (the Basque Grand scene adds a another side to the war and characterizes two already dead characters - Grand and Hughes).

BEGINNER
Nov 16, 2009 1:15 AM

Jun 2008
Selim, such a cute little boy. Filled with pride for his Father, and with such a desire to know everything about Alchemy... so cute.

Non Manga People: Don't Read The Spoiler.

Anyway. Yus, Briggs at long last. I hope they do it up right. I need my Northern Supporting Characters, nao plz.

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Nov 16, 2009 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode as usual; can't wait for next week's. Mrs Grumman is awesome haha
Nov 16, 2009 4:16 AM

Sep 2008
nice ep =)

So we're finally having Briggs next ep? sounds good to hear xD

Kimblee acting like a general was great ^ ^

Armstrong: "This is an introduction letter" "She's called: The Northen Wall of Briggs"

Selim part was ok .. seems like he's gonna have some huge role later on

4.6/5 ep

Till next ep with the amazing encounters~

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 16, 2009 5:16 AM

Feb 2009
For FMA manga readers ONLY:

Nov 16, 2009 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
The whole librari part was hilarious, first Armstrongs short cut trough those massive bookshelves (very indiscreet entrance^^) and then he tell Edward to be quit because they are in a library xD

And then Selims eyes as he realize its the Elric brothers he's talking too, though the face Edward make after Selim says he is short as second time it just priceless.. God I laughed so hard at that =P

Looks like the next episode will be an awesome one, I love freezing snow areas and can't wait to see how they have done Olivier.
Also the calm calculating Kimbley in that white suit :thumbs up:
Hope we get to see him in action soon :D
Nov 16, 2009 6:43 AM

Sep 2008
Is it just me or is the difference in the alchemy quite simple? At least I have not seen any non central alchemists clap their hands or put their hands together before using alchemy. The Xing girl just goes straight for the alchemy circle and Scar uses nothing.

I think the only alchemist from central that does not clap his hands together is Mustang and we do not know if his alchemy failed (I don't think it will fail), after all it was created by Riza's father in secret and I think only Mustang knows how it works (plus Riza if she even can understand what is written on her back?).
Nov 16, 2009 8:08 AM

Aug 2008
Mustang has transmutation circles on his glove. Having the circle is most important. Ed and Al clap their hand, forming a circle when they pull them apart. Scar's circle is written entirely on his brother's arm. That's not really the difference. The difference has to be the circles themselves, and how that relates to Amnestris and Xing's philosophy on alchemy.

As for the episode, it was boing. They spend so much time on Selim that I can't possibly trust him (never trust tiny children, they always end up evil, or fucking something up for the protagonist). The only thing worthwhile was the conversation between Mustang and the other guy.
Nov 16, 2009 8:20 AM

Jul 2009
A bit pointless.
Nov 16, 2009 8:56 AM

Sep 2008
noteDhero said:
Mustang has transmutation circles on his glove. Having the circle is most important. Ed and Al clap their hand, forming a circle when they pull them apart. Scar's circle is written entirely on his brother's arm. That's not really the difference. The difference has to be the circles themselves, and how that relates to Amnestris and Xing's philosophy on alchemy.

if it was only a difference with the circle then I at least think Ed should have noticed it already. She has drawn it multiple times in front of him.

Armstrong for example slams his fists together, he creates no circle with that movement I think

Manga spoiler
MephzNov 16, 2009 8:59 AM
Nov 16, 2009 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
I think Armstrong has circles on his gloves also.

As for Ed. He's a moron. I don't think that star design (in Mei's circle) is anything they've done. Not to mention, the way I understand it, there is a different circle for different kinds of mutations, which seems like something everyone takes for granted in the show.
Nov 16, 2009 9:20 AM

Sep 2008
hehe that could also be the case. I forgot to take his moron nature into account :d
Nov 16, 2009 9:30 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm the OP's growing on me O.o
Oh well, it can't beat the previous, which in its turn can't beat the first, that one was awesome : > And the ED is.. wrong D: Previous one was really great.

Getting down to business.. I lol'd at the old lady xD Especially because of who she he was : D
Cool guy, really xP
Oh and the smooth criminal's gonna to some work : >

Aw now I remembered the Lior rebellion, I miss Rose D:
Although that slightly nostalgic moment was blown away by Major Armstrong showing up xD

And hoo boy, Bradley can look almost normal with his eye closed, but when it's open, gee does he look scary or what?xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 16, 2009 10:50 AM

Apr 2009
wanna see the full-lipped blond soon ^_^
Nov 16, 2009 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
Well I think this episode was a little with too much talking but still good ^^
Nov 16, 2009 11:40 AM

Aug 2007
was shown, that's enough to make it epic. =D She's made of win. x3
Nov 16, 2009 12:19 PM

May 2009
I always love the tense scenes with Bradley. Kimblee chasing after Scar is fun to watch.

To the north!
Nov 16, 2009 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
Finally the NORTH.. next week

noteDhero said:
A circle only focuses power. As you have seen someone like Father does not need to make one. While of course the transmutation circles of Renkinjutsu and Rentanjutsu are different, so are their sources of power, which serves as the only reason why Rentanjutsu could still be used when Renkinjutsu was 'switched off' by Father. What i want to say is that Ed would not be able to use Xing Alchemy even if he were less moronic AND studied hundreds of Xing transmutation circles alone.
Nov 16, 2009 3:18 PM

Feb 2009
Nice episode, Scar was just on the run, but the alchemist chasing him are so stupid, they cannot even apprehend him. Is the doctor even with him, or is it the girl, near the end on the bridge?? Edwards and Elric meeting Selim was interesting, before they went and talked about....... well nothing lol. However it seems Selim will play a role in the Fuhrer's plans. Man finally the new characters will get introduced in the next couple of episodes, can't wait.
Nov 16, 2009 3:26 PM

Nov 2008
Uskaro said:
Selim, such a cute little boy. Filled with pride for his Father, and with such a desire to know everything about Alchemy... so cute.

Non Manga People: Don't Read The Spoiler.

Anyway. Yus, Briggs at long last. I hope they do it up right. I need my Northern Supporting Characters, nao plz.

suigetsu00Nov 16, 2009 3:33 PM
Nov 16, 2009 3:31 PM

Nov 2008
seraphjei said:
Kiseki said:
but i dont think he will play a big role though.

Nov 16, 2009 4:26 PM

Feb 2009
Must... resist... to click on spoiler tags... Argh, so hard.
Nov 16, 2009 4:36 PM

Nov 2009
Even though it didn't really advance the plot or do anything for that matter, I still liked this episode. I thought the conversation between Wrath, Ed and Al was amazing, and the bgm set the tone perfectly.

Alexstratz said:

So...tempting...
Nov 16, 2009 5:27 PM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed this episode. Scar is on the run again.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Nov 16, 2009 6:41 PM

Apr 2007
Damn. I was hoping Olivier would have at least one little line, but we still get that badass picture.
Just one more week!
Nov 16, 2009 7:39 PM

Feb 2009
So that blond woman if related to Armstrong I am looking forward to see her in action.
Nov 16, 2009 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
Jrittmayer said:
Great episode, Although the meeting with Selim seemed a bit pointless

Note the "seemed" in the sentence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2009 8:20 PM

Apr 2009
Lol at his disguise. Grumman is a BAMF. :)
Nov 16, 2009 11:17 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Olivier is gonna be in the next episode, I hope.

Nov 17, 2009 6:25 AM

Aug 2007
Naruleach said:

the fact that she has a male name bugs me to no end.
there is not a woman in the world who is named Olivier.
i cant help but think its a stupid mistake by the author and everyone acts like theres nothing wrong.
Nov 17, 2009 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
stAtic91 said:
Kimblee chasing after Scar is fun to watch.
Ditto.
pietel said:
i cant help but think its a stupid mistake by the author and everyone acts like theres nothing wrong.
Who knows, it's the anime world we're talking about.
Nov 17, 2009 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
pietel said:
Naruleach said:
the fact that she has a male name bugs me to no end.there is not a woman in the world who is named Olivier.i cant help but think its a stupid mistake by the author and everyone acts like theres nothing wrong.
That's what happens when you retranslate names from katakana オリヴィエ ミラ to Olivier Milla, there is no real convention. Not the author's fault. If you don't like the english transcription use the japanese.
Nov 17, 2009 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
Funny to see Gruuman in ladies outfit..even at first glance Roy doesn't recognize him XD
Ed & Al meeting with Bradly/Wrath with his family is interesting..Selim will play large role in upcoming event you see :)
Can't wait for next episode to see these awesome characters in action :
Nov 17, 2009 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
FMA:B is still the best anime I ever seen. :D
I already hope there will be a sequel. :P
Nov 17, 2009 1:50 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode...can't wait for the next :x
Skies said:

Alexstratz said:

So...tempting...

Yeah...i almost read one,lol

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 17, 2009 5:09 PM

May 2009
Ahhhh... I just can't wait for the whole North arc. I've been waiting for that for 5 episodes now *o*
Soooo excited :D

BTW, rather boring episode, but that was expected.
Nov 17, 2009 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
Hmm, seemed like a slow episode, but I guess that's to be expected when the purpose is setting up for the next arc. I'm looking forward to meeting the new Armstrong!
Nov 17, 2009 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
pietel said:
Fandom called her Olivia until the author said it was supposed to be Olivier. There was a lot of arguing and such a long while back.

BEGINNER
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.