Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2014 1:50 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I think that staying in the washroom for one night would have been the safest for Asai
Sep 17, 2019 11:13 PM

Jun 2016
Well, I can't say I didn't see something like that happening. I would have hoped Asai would have conceived of the clock being changed but with the relief of not being trapped, and what looked like the sun coming into the window I don't blame him. He rushed outside and got pinned down by some cowboy rope slingin’.

I love the page of Asai worrying about being locked inside. Imagine being locked in there and being left behind, that's one way to kill him... There's something so scary about every scenario that has taken place in this night, the idea of perpetually running away for 12 hours where one slip-up could be your death, or here, the fear of being locked in the small isolated dark pit. It's terrifying stuff if you were in Asai’s shoes.

And just as I started to wonder if this story would end ambiguously, leaving it up to the reader to decide the truth behind both of these men, I am most certainly proven wrong. The man who never opens up sheds tears, for his own life or maybe for the one true confession he has, that he killed Sayuri. Ishikura was maybe not so wrong, I can’t imagine he properly manipulated Ishikura to kill Sayuri but maybe he took advantage of the situation and did create it to a degree. Maybe his abnormal expression when he got the pen was one of fear for his own sake. This was a murder with two perpetrators, so it seems. Yet, when “killing” Sayuri ruined the little good in Ishikura’s life, Asai seemed to hold up better, on the surface at least.

The context of this secret makes so much sense I wish I figured it out sooner, the weirdness of it was one of the very first things I picked up on and everything makes sense now. It also makes Asai seem far less genuine. The promise he kept was for his own sake, he forgave Ishikura for “killing” Sayuri, and he didn’t confess himself. I see Ishikura’s perspective more now, I felt Asai was weirdly distant and vapid regarding this friendship and the main reasons I felt it was more genuine were, as we are now, proven wrong. However, a part of me thinks him keeping it a secret this whole time, even when asked for any confessions he had like “people he had murdered” or when Ishikura thought he was dying, means that this is something he struggles to face.
Dec 6, 2023 11:43 PM

Jul 2021
Good news for Asai. Its morning.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Confession Chapter 11 Discussion

ChaosLegion - Jun 25, 2011

16 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 14, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Confession Chapter 9 Discussion

StevenHu - Dec 1, 2014

2 by bubba460z »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:40 PM

Poll: » Confession Chapter 8 Discussion

StevenHu - Dec 1, 2014

2 by bubba460z »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:36 PM

Poll: » Confession Chapter 7 Discussion

StevenHu - Dec 1, 2014

2 by bubba460z »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Confession Chapter 6 Discussion

StevenHu - Dec 1, 2014

2 by bubba460z »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.