Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2009 12:05 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It appears that Kazuho is attempting, and succeeding, at starting a war between the two rival "gangs" in Lux. It also appears that he knows Shinji, who is attempting to get Ichise to join him. Also, Ichise has met Ran and, the two not saying a word to one another, I guess they joined up. Meanwhile, Oonishi was trying his best to stop a war from happening but it seems he will have no choice.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 12, 2010 11:39 PM
Dec 2009
this show is fucking sick
Jan 24, 2010 12:10 PM

Aug 2008
awesome series!
Apr 6, 2010 9:13 AM

Jun 2009
Sep 13, 2010 7:12 PM
Sep 2009
Aaand shit just hit the fan. I'm starting to get really excited about this series now.
Feb 9, 2011 9:26 PM

Apr 2009
So that was the chaos and panic the old guy who was narrating last episode was referring to? Quiet different from what I was thinking but at least it got way interesting now. I got more curious on Kazuho's interest in inciting more "primitive human energy".
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 16, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
insan3soldiern said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It appears that Kazuho is attempting, and succeeding, at starting a war between the two rival "gangs" in Lux. It also appears that he knows Shinji, who is attempting to get Ichise to join him. Also, Ichise has met Ran and, the two not saying a word to one another, I guess they joined up. Meanwhile, Oonishi was trying his best to stop a war from happening but it seems he will have no choice.

Yeah, that episode was confusing. Once again I have to read about Texhnolyze to understand who the players are.
Jan 16, 2012 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
tofei said:
So that was the chaos and panic the old guy who was narrating last episode was referring to? Quiet different from what I was thinking but at least it got way interesting now. I got more curious on Kazuho's interest in inciting more "primitive human energy".

Me too, is he not human?
Mar 26, 2012 4:46 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, I'm back to this show, and I find that I don't really remember what happened.. Oh yeah, now I see - some good chunk of violence and the look over the factory.
Back to the current episode. I didn't expect Kazuho to play such a role at all(tbh I couldn't understand what was he doing up to now). The things are really getting an interesting turn as of now. And at last Ichise got his fullmetal gear(if you know what I mean)... I was thinking he'd end up as using only unfinished texhnolyzed limbs as some kind of signature look, but no - I was wrong. That's good I guess.
May 30, 2012 6:25 PM
Oct 2011
Kazuho is such an asshole... i though he'd team up with ichise to end this shit, but no, hes prob. trying to get every1 killed.. (which is not that bad afterall)
Jul 26, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
Interesting episode, still don't really understand how does the factory fits in all of this and who is the one that the Kazuho was talking to.
Wonder where was Kazuho planting that bomb by the end of the episode. :x
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Feb 6, 2013 4:49 PM

Jan 2012
So Kazuho is starting a war...Well, that might be very entertaining.

May 21, 2013 11:04 AM
Aug 2011
pit_bull said:
tofei said:

Me too, is he not human?

No, he is from the surface in which apperantly people have become inhuman in such ways.
Jun 2, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2007
It looks like things are really heating up!
I guess a war will break out soon thanks to Kazuho.

Jun 2, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode
Aug 29, 2013 1:44 PM
May 2012
It took me 8 hours to finish this episode and it was good Kazuho is starting a shit storm and the ending song always gets me anyway gotta sleep damn I can't marathon this anime.
Sep 27, 2013 3:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kazuho has started a war and there might be more to him than meets the eye. Why does he refer to them as humans when half of them are texhnolyzed?

The doc has a strange fascination with Ichise who's finally met another chatterbox like him in Ran.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 6, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . I'm guessing then that the humans up top are living in some type of "Utopia" which doesn't sit well with some people . . . otherwise I'm not sure why creating a gang war would be a good way to view humans being human.
Jan 14, 2014 3:39 AM

Aug 2012
What bugs me is that what is Kazuho's objective, primitive human energy ? What's the purpose of Ran in this story ? There's still some questions left unanswered but man this show is getting better.
Apr 15, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2012
Impressive development, I really what the end goal of all this will be.
Jun 11, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2014
Whattt I thought Yoshii seemed like more of a neutral character.

I have all the characters straight at this point, but still only know half their names....
Jan 2, 2015 6:21 PM

Aug 2014
Yoshi got badass this episode. I wonder what Ichise is going to do in this new group?

Jan 19, 2015 3:20 AM

May 2011
Quite a flimsy and clichéd excuse to involve everyone in a war, eh? To regress humans into instincts of internal conflict under the influence of fury - that is the intention of Yoshii, to see "primitive human energy". The ending scene seems to imply on something rather surprising: I think that it is a bomb set up by Yoshii in the Racan base. Is he intending to damage all three parties? However, what would that achieve? In-fighting? I really want to see how Ichise gets involved in all these internal affairs.

Development is meh in this to be honest - too much unnecessary drag in this episode, unlike the previous few episodes where the drag is intended to emphasise important points. The first half seriously can be just shortened into 2 minutes, IMO.

4/5
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jun 8, 2015 1:39 PM
Nov 2014
Yoshi is a fecking boss I tell you, he basically just started a war lmao. I wanted to see Ichise punch Shinji for kicking him earlier in the series.
Aug 2, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
Kazuho is starting a war... interesting ep.
Nov 5, 2015 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
tofei said:

You genuinely still thought the facility for simulating sunlight was shut down and that it was supposed to cause chaos? Wut. A continuation of your misinterpretation from the last episode's forum post. I don't mean to offend, I'm just perplexed at such a incomprehension on your part.

pit_bull said:
Yeah, that episode was confusing. Once again I have to read about Texhnolyze to understand who the players are.

I don't think this show is for you, if you don't understand what's going on thus far.

Polyphemus said:
"as a companion this city is better than I am for him"
This city=the limbs?
It seems like in the last episode that chick was talking to the guy in the factory on the phone and said she was "talking to the city." Does the factory make the limbs? And we've established that the existence of the factory is critical to the city, as are the artificial limbs. Confuzzling.

Anyway shit getting real. Kazuho is officially my favorite char.

*facepalm* She wasn't talking to the man at the factory. Those were completely different scenes. I don't know who the old man at the factory was talking to, but, it seemed more like a monologue to the audience more than anything. You're looking too into it. The factory is critical to the humans in Lux because it simulates sunlight in the underground city. I'm pretty sure that's it. Your misinterpretations of things are fusing together scenarios that aren't particularly connected. xD

Farabeuf said:
Kazuho has started a war and there might be more to him than meets the eye. Why does he refer to them as humans when half of them are texhnolyzed?

The doc has a strange fascination with Ichise who's finally met another chatterbox like him in Ran.

I really like how they made him out to be a nice protagonist-esque character, but MyAnimeList never wanted to consider him a protagonist for some reason. Now we know why. It's because he's the antagonist. I love it. I suppose he's more of an anti-hero, if anything, though, depending on his overall motive. Also, I think he considers the residents there as humans in Lux, despite their texhnolyzation, because where he comes from, up above, people aren't exactly human, mentally or emotionally, as he's implied. The people down in Lux are more human in many ways, barbaric and chaotic, and I guess he wants to spark that by triggering spectacles. For what purpose, at this point, is unknown.

BruceLad said:
Yoshi is a fecking boss I tell you, he basically just started a war lmao. I wanted to see Ichise punch Shinji for kicking him earlier in the series.

Shinji didn't kick him earlier, that was the afro dude. All Shinji did at that scene was tell Ichise that he should've got him to help, before trying to defend himself against Organo mafia.
PocketChocolateNov 5, 2015 12:55 AM
Dec 8, 2015 11:58 PM

Apr 2013
This series is really captivating. Things are going down now that Yoshii is triggering a war. He's still such a mystery, but by far the most interesting character. I wonder what his motivations behind all of his actions are
May 3, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2015
The most logical reason Kazuho would start a war would be to destroy both gangs
Aug 9, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
Shit is getting real, holy fuck. This episode was brilliant. The cuts for the narrative from different perspectives to form the whole picture of the plot was perfect. Have to say the "character writing" really surprises me - in a positive way that is. It's an insanely interesting and unique cast, displayed and introcued with almost no exposition. I especially like Yoshii and Onishi so far.
Apr 8, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2011
What i get from all of this:

Oonishi/Organ - group - makes texhnolyzes and shit
Salvation Union - group - body and soul
Lakan - small group - individuals with texhnolyzes that also crave for destruction?

Orange man - wants destruction and despair

Ichise - poor guy walking around with mask girl
Jun 25, 2017 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
Yoshii is savage as fuck :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2018 9:29 AM

Mar 2012
I'm gonna guess that Yoshii is someone who's doing anything necessary for the "greater good" instead of just being some batshit crazy guy who just wants to watch the world burn.
May 16, 2018 8:25 AM

Aug 2017
the episode is called plot because the plot finally kicks in
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2019 7:41 PM

May 2013
Polyphemus said:
"as a companion this city is better than I am for him"
This city=the limbs?

I think Ran might be "the city" in some manifest form. She can see the future, maybe she can "talk" to people too, without having to actually talk to them.
落下のように、いつも落ちる。いつか救われることができるのかな? または落ち続けるでしょうか?永遠に
May 26, 2019 6:29 PM

Jul 2016
This is the most convoluted one yet. Probably the only one that boggled me yet.
Aug 12, 2019 10:29 AM

May 2016
This Yoshii guy is really creepy and strange.
Jan 30, 2020 12:14 AM

Jan 2019
God I already fucking love Kazuho
Apr 6, 2021 4:43 PM
Aug 2020
he did all this to provoke the city :0 damn shit about to go downnnn!!!
Apr 17, 2021 4:53 PM

Mar 2010
Has the fire been lit? the fire is rising!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 26, 2021 1:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Holy shit, Kazuho is some kind of crazy character to trigger the war between the Salvation Unio and Organo, especially that Oonishi has been trying to avoid that... well meanwhile Ichise (followed by Ran) is joining (or maybe just temporary straying with) Shinji who's leading the Lakan group, and seems like he'll help him to get used to his texhnolyze, like the vision and stuff.
Aug 27, 2021 10:16 PM

Mar 2018
Yoshii always gave me the feeling that he was set on some sort of grand mission but boy did my jaw drop to the floor on this one.

Also I'm surprised to see this episodes discussion not even be two pages considering this
Celest__Aug 30, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 29, 2021 9:50 AM

Feb 2021
truly gang how foreign factors like Yoshi are able to awaken a deadbeat city into a fucking war zone. Now that Ichise is out in the open with texhnolyzed limbs he's not treated as the same filth he was by society and is free to assimilate into one of the factions. I'm loving all the main characters idk which one to call my favorite yet (probably Yoshi or Onishi)
CrackMar 6, 2022 10:36 PM
Mar 30, 2022 7:55 PM

Dec 2021
hooked to this now, hopefully it won't be as slow as the first 6 episodes were
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Sep 9, 2022 8:19 PM
Sep 2022
I feel like things are finally starting to make sense. Who is this construction man? He obviously set this up, is he trying to fix something or does he just want to see suffering? I'm thinking its the second right now.
Nov 3, 2022 2:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The gears have now been sent spinning in motion

Only thing I am hoping for eventually is for Ichise to at some point stop acting like a grunting animal and gain some form of sanity

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 6, 2023 7:47 PM

Dec 2022
I wonder if everywhere in this anime's universe is as dilapidated as Lux. I'm sure the explosive gang war will help with that.
Man, Ichise can't even have a drink without breathing heavily and destroying things. Very unique main character.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 26, 2023 6:35 PM

Feb 2016
1. aside from the obvious ruckus Yoshii is creating, there's a scene that foreshadows later events. it's when he and Onishi are on the phone: a truck loaded with something pass by and the way the focus is shifted towards it implies it's of some importance. in the first episode we also see a train reaching it's destination in the same place that this truck is probably going to. these are clues of something that's yet to come...
Nov 13, 2023 9:12 PM

Nov 2017
What an incredible episode of anime, it doesn't get much better than this, and I speak from experience. This series is total art, and the yakuza angle is really cool, adding on 'otherworlders' as well. This is sizing up to be something very nice.

If only anime would still make crazy philosophical sci-fi series like this, if only.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.