Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Oct 29, 2016 7:47 AM

Feb 2013
This was actually probably one of the saddest deaths in the entire show, I really liked Kurome as a character, she was really interesting and tragic. Unlike her sister, who imo is the most boring character in this show. I wish they would have had her die as well, she only beat Kurome because she was so weak already, and her last 2 zombies got killed by that danger beast. I feel like Kurome would have won if they didn't have a danger beast literally pop out of nowhere just to weaken her further :/.

Also I agree with the above poster, I felt really bad for Wave this episode, and his connection with Kurome was MUCH more believable and natural then Tatusmi's with Mines. Seriously I feel like the Jaegers would have made much better main characters. I don't even care what happens to the rest of Nightraid, all the good and interesting characters have been killed off at this point.
Oct 30, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
I'm not sure how I feel about Akame after this episode, her grudge with her sister was just a bit too stupid to care so much about it I feel. Oh well at least Kurome is finally finished, I'm kinda scared of next episode though O_O
Oct 31, 2016 2:49 PM

Nov 2015

I did not dislike Kurome but I just did not feel a thing when she died. Not enough backstory, reasons, or development. Let alone the fact that she was gonna die anyway because of... plot?
The battle itself could have been better but it was not. They even throwed at them a giant Danger Beast.

An what's the final boss? A Gundam? Come on...

Could someone tell me since when this anime deviated from the manga?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

AxBattler said:
I felt more for Wave than anything. He comes across as the most down to earth and innocent character of the series (even more so than Tatsumi), and I found his connection with Kurome a bit more natural/sincere than Tatsumi and Mine. I was hoping that Kurome would've kissed him before the final showdown but oh well xD

This. Wave > Tatsumi.
Besides, TatsumixMine got thrown at us 2 or 3 episodes before her dying, and that is minutes considering it was not 3 full episodes. Totally out of nowhere. I did not mind it but come on, some development please!
HumbertoZeroOct 31, 2016 2:53 PM
Oct 31, 2016 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
HumbertoZero said:
The anime deviated from the manga since the chapter 38 (end of Mine vs Seryu battle, who is equal to the 19th episode of the anime).

If you are planning to read the manga, however, I reccomend you to start since the first chapter, since the anime removed some scenes who affected the characterization of some characters, plus the manga's artwork is much better than the anime's designs.
Oct 31, 2016 5:31 PM

Nov 2015
Illyricus said:
HumbertoZero said:
The anime deviated from the manga since the chapter 38 (end of Mine vs Seryu battle, who is equal to the 19th episode of the anime).

If you are planning to read the manga, however, I reccomend you to start since the first chapter, since the anime removed some scenes who affected the characterization of some characters, plus the manga's artwork is much better than the anime's designs.

Oh great so I spotted the difference. I was expecting to be around that point in the story. Thank you very much.

Regarding if I'm going to read the manga, I'm still not sure. I just finished the anime and I have my thoughts troubled. I may give it a chance because of...reasons... I won't discuss in this forum (spoilers). I asked the chapter because I wanted to see since when they twisted the anime with original content.

But yeah, if I read the manga I'll start from the beginning but for now I'll leave my mind to rest a bit from this. Again, thank you for the information.
Jun 27, 2017 6:27 PM
Jun 2017
Fuck kurome, she killed Chelsea and Chelsea was my favorite
Jun 27, 2017 6:29 PM
Jun 2017
VJ87G said:
Prequel said:
I'm so happy she died.

Chelsea's revenge is taken, and many others'. Burn in hell, bitch.

Fially, twisted little sister is dead. Chelsea's death was avenged.

Chelsea was my favorite too, SO FUCK KUROME, HAHAHAHA FUCK U BITCH
Jul 13, 2017 9:43 PM
Jan 2015
Soccer_Pro said:
VJ87G said:

Fially, twisted little sister is dead. Chelsea's death was avenged.

Chelsea was my favorite too, SO FUCK KUROME, HAHAHAHA FUCK U BITCH

Oh yeah. Twisted little sister got hers!
Aug 6, 2017 10:31 AM
May 2017
Thats their way to say that there won't be any season 2.
Jan 12, 2018 9:12 AM
Jun 2017
It was perfect! But why were they had to kill eachother ?! Just why!

But i think Kurome died so easily. There should have been more fight scenes.

After all, it was a great episode like all.
Apr 5, 2018 12:20 PM
Jan 2015
It was fantastic. Kurome deserves death, anyway. And she got it.
Dec 18, 2018 2:30 PM
Jan 2015
"blood is thicker than water, but a closest friend is better than a distant relative, indeed." Episode 22 says and explains it all. Kurome is that distant relative and she pay the ultimate price of those she have killed.
Jan 17, 2019 10:15 AM
Jan 2015
Mirianime said:
Well I didn't like Kurome anyway so I won't give her a memorial
Felt sorry for Akame :(
9/10
2 more episodes and the fun of seeing them die (NOT FUNNY) will end (just like their lives...)

R.I.P Susanoo <3

She doesn't deserves a memoral after what she did.
Jan 31, 2019 12:48 PM
Jan 2015
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo said:
So glad Kurome's dead. She and Wave seriously annoy the hell out of me. How people can love her but hate Mine is beyond me.

2 eps left.

Mine's a okay character, but she's not as crappy as Kurome is. And Wave, talking a water boy who can't do squatt. Yet he support a psycho demon.
May 27, 2019 9:45 PM
Mar 2019
The Emperor's realizations this episode could have been an interesting theme that was explored throughout the show if the pacing wasn't so fucking rushed. With only a couple episodes to go, this is the first time Wave feels like anything more than to serve as Tatsumi's foil.

The fight lived up well to the hype in my opinion although I could have done without the annoying break in action to show us an unnecessary team up of the sisters. Coreography and animation were stunning and also utilized some beautiful impact frames. The moment Akame drives her sword through Kurome is going to remain as one of the few glimmers of positivity among this otherwise rushed mess of a narrative.
Sep 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Aug 2014
meh this Kurome was just a stupid spoiled brat...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 7, 2019 7:21 PM
Apr 2016
Is this show like...going to kill off every character at this point? Like, seriously.
Nov 18, 2019 7:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't know really why but i'm so sad for Kurome...
So many death in this anime wtf
Dec 6, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2019
I didn't feel anything when kurone died.
Mine's death is way more sentimental then this.
May 29, 2020 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
Kurome was a sociopath no matter how you looked at it. Her entire existence either depended on Akame or was fueled by the desire to kill her (sister) -- therefore, Kurome's sense of ethicality, justice, and overall rationality was skewed. Not to mention a vast majority of Kurome's (conscious) life was spent apart from the person that made her tick. Yanked apart to train separately early on or fighting on different sides in her fighting days -- always in agony, a miserable existence. It’s probably better this way, albeit dying so young.

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

Aaaaand Wave’s a nice character too. I can’t explain his role but it’s not like anything I’ve ever seen in an anime before.

Aaaaaaaaaand damn, it always gets you when a VA does one of those gut-wrenching screams that Akame did. It must take a lot to be a VA.

Fine episode. It felt surprisingly calm (before the storm). Maybe because most of the cast, both protagonistic and antagonistic, have been killed off. There’s little (main) characters left. So I couldn’t help but feel an emptiness throughout the episode.

Isn’t it odd? An anime in which most of the main characters die off? It really isn’t common in most animes. That, coupled with the fast-pacing of this show is probably what contributes to its notoriety (bloodiness not considered). I definitely think this anime would have GREAT potential to be doubled in episodes. Maybe by 48. But since we’re stuck with this, I’ll go along with it, and say that’s it’s NOT THAT BAD at all. Some of the fight scenes and logic (injury-wise) can be a bit far-fetched, but I really don’t wanna blame anything on the pacing of this anime. It’s entertaining to watch all the same.
removed-userMay 29, 2020 12:21 AM
Jun 26, 2020 1:31 PM

Jul 2019
I pity her to some degree but Kurome's death does not really compare to all the others. Just as Dr. Stylish she was mostly blind to her surroundings and anything not related to her ambitions.

Btw Esdeath is a horrible general and has zero management skills. She is really the arche-type warrior who can do nothing but fight and makes a miserable captain or ruler.

And is that a Mecha the Emperor has at the ready? Things are going to get interesting. The minister has chosen the GoT "Burn them all!" option as it seems.
Jul 20, 2020 4:43 AM

Jun 2019
Kurome vs Akame was inevitable but the final fight seemed kinda dull.Liked the last "oniichan" though.

Esdeath chopping that dude in half and his body sliding down the ice is one of my favorite Esdeath kills to date.

Very excited for Gurren Lagan/SSSS.Gridman/Darling in the Franxx mecha next episode....
Sep 8, 2020 2:42 AM

Aug 2017
Much better than the last episode, I enjoy it except for the random monster that ruined the flow of the battle and it was just an excuse to kill Kurome's puppets.

Looks like the anime went full mecha at the end lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 16, 2020 4:18 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Sad it had to end like this, they really worked great together. Oh welp.

Dec 7, 2020 12:21 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah my prediction is going well :D
Dec 17, 2020 2:23 PM

Jul 2017
Akame vs Kurome happened this episode and while it isn't good, its one of the quicker, simpler and better battles from this show. No bullshit, just sisters dueling it out in a way that they had no other option but trying to kill each other. Actually, it's still kind of bullshit but compared to everything else in this show, this actually made a little sense to a degree. It oozed death flags for the future though with Tatsumi and Akame, as you get that someone is dying here given how much they talk about how they promise to not die on each other and the fact that everyone fucking dies in this anime due to reverse plot armor for the most part. Only two more episodes to go though.
Jan 27, 2021 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
Right, so the girl I loved and one who loved me back just died. Oh well, nevermind, better luck next time. Where are Tatsumi's emotions? The charcters are made to look like they just don't care.

Very predictable ending as well. The way this show is going I was half expecting them to either both die or become allies.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 9, 2021 10:43 AM

Dec 2020
Sometimes I don't just get these cliché tropes but I'm also not an edgy teen anymore. There is a reason why this show popular. Just two more to go, hoping to get satisfying ending.
May 9, 2021 4:21 PM

Mar 2016
The fated clash between the two sisters have arrived, and we all know how it will turn out. When it comes to pure swordsmanship and relentless assassinations, Akame will win against Kurome all day every day. That's why Kurome heavily relied on her necromancy powers, and once she's stripped off it, she's nothing more than a dead little imouto.

And yet, the stupidity of this series never ceases to amaze me... A giant fucking mecha from a giant secret underground with a tiny little shota emperor inside it. Nani, what the fuck?!
Jun 25, 2021 10:48 AM
Nov 2020
Rip kuromee Chan it was good to see you getting extra time on screen but still feel bad for Wave kun
Sep 19, 2021 4:17 PM
Jan 2015
After what she did to Chelsea, Kurome deserved to be impaled!

Kurome's heart is so not in the right place, but Akame's sword is. Through it, that is.

(BTW, I drop reading the manga)
Oct 1, 2022 3:47 AM
Jan 2022
Akame and Kurome are impressive together. Kurome is dead. She was a tough opponent indeed. Man I always get so sad seeing Akame cry. Good to see Tatsumi staying by her side. What is this wicked prime minister planning now?
Nov 30, 2022 3:30 PM
Dec 2021
shit is just so good man
Feb 9, 2023 6:07 PM

Mar 2010
hearing akame scream like dat made me want to lowkey slap her. But twas a emotional fight. Despite them being seemingly cold keke

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 8, 2023 5:04 AM
Oct 2022
some things are no starting to make sense, tatsumi was in the capital after a public execution on HIM and he didn't get spotted???? and wave and him didn't fight even though they're enemies???
Apr 11, 2023 9:26 PM
Feb 2021
Probably the best episode of the show thus far. I'm glad things are finally taking actual form with the characters gaining a bit of depth, of course, there's two episodes left, so I really don't know how they'll wrap this up. Probably won't do anything very interesting until the last episode. Idk what outcome I'm hoping for, I don't really care too much about Tatsumi so like...
Feb 5, 8:58 AM
Oct 2023
Well Kurome got killed by Akame and Wave was there to witness it, the Wave and Tatsumi similiraties are really big.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.