3It was OK
12.2%
2Disliked it
3.5%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.3
286 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2014 3:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the plants.

Seems like Yuuji and Makina are traveling together now since she has been marked as a target for assassination. Too bad for the guys trying to go after them. It looks like Yuuji prepared traps to counter. Ha. Found the episode tense with the traps going off and the mind games going on. Can't believe she got shot. Still, it was a happy ending this episode so yeah. I didn't think she would of died from that anyways.
Stark700Nov 30, 2014 3:54 AM
Nov 30, 2014 5:18 AM
Jun 2011
ok for me they adapted this route much better then the outhers this episode along with the ending was not rushed and they didnt missed too much info. next time it finally angelic howl
Nov 30, 2014 5:22 AM

Oct 2012

yuuji killed the Bitch? = 5-5 @@

very good ep from 8 bit, next week....

Finally....=(
amasj1414Nov 30, 2014 5:26 AM
Nov 30, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2012
We are really lucky that Makina route doesnt require nearly as much development like teh other routes. Still not expectin' a good episode though.

Like expected: Makina route only 2 episodes. I still dont believe that we'll get 4 episodes for Angelic Howl now.

Edit: Kiyoka killed? :o Dat doesnt sound dat bad lol
sanleiNov 30, 2014 5:47 AM
Nov 30, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2012
sanlei said:
We are really lucky that Makina route doesnt require nearly as much development like teh other routes. Still not expectin' a good episode though.

Like expected: Makina route only 2 episodes. I still dont believe that we'll get 4 episodes for Angelic Howl now.

Edit: Kiyoka killed? :o Dat doesnt sound bad lol

yes yuuji did it @@

and I think you need to rewatch the first ep @@ remember the end of ep? the order of girls = Quality of adaptation

so

Amane
Michiru
Makina
Sachi
Yumiko

poor Yumiko fans....XD
Nov 30, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2012
amasj1414 said:
sanlei said:

Edit: Kiyoka killed? :o Dat doesnt sound bad lol

yes yuuji did it @@

and I think you need to rewatch the first ep @@ remember the end of ep? the order of girls = Quality of adaptation

so

Amane
Michiru
Makina
Sachi
Yumiko

poor Yumiko fans....XD

I would prefer for once teh
way of dealin' with her though xD Only time i thought, that this threatment would be a good choice. But yeah there was never a chance we see dat lol So i'm fine with this decision.

(I dont agree with ya on teh order though: I couldnt enjoy teh chiruchiru route, it was just way to rushed. Also Sachi got worse than Yumiko. Her route was moar faithful, but honestly so simplified and destroyed with that fetish, so it wasnt one bit enjoyable like Yumiko Original, which was just hilariously bad lol. )
Nov 30, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
All right, next Amane's route..I am really worried about how Angelic Howl will be adapted, but there are 4 episodes which is kinda hopeful.
Nov 30, 2014 6:26 AM
Jun 2011
sanlei said:
amasj1414 said:

yes yuuji did it @@

so

Amane
Michiru
Makina
Sachi
Yumiko

poor Yumiko fans....XD

I would prefer for once teh
way of dealin' with her though xD Only time i thought, that this threatment would be a good choice. But yeah there was never a chance we see dat lol So i'm fine with this decision.

(I dont agree with ya on teh order though: I couldnt enjoy teh chiruchiru route, it was just way to rushed. Also Sachi got worse than Yumiko. Her route was moar faithful, but honestly so simplified and destroyed with that fetish, so it wasnt one bit enjoyable like Yumiko Original, which was just hilariously bad lol. )
i glad they didnt rushed this route unlike the outhers and the ending choice was good for me
Nov 30, 2014 9:37 AM
May 2011
danae17 said:
All right, next Amane's route..I am really worried about how Angelic Howl will be adapted, but there are 4 episodes which is kinda hopeful.

These four episodes are not just for Amane. Amane will get two episodes. Other two will be about Yuuji himself and his decisions. Maybe the final choice of the girl he will end up with. It is an anime so it will have original ending. I bet these two episodes will be about Yumiko and Yuuji.
Nov 30, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
I was so happy when he murdered her mother, lol. I thought that might be where it went early on but figured it was a long shot. Anyone know what the organ Makina's sister needed was or what happened with that if anything, or was it dropped?
Nov 30, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

I think it applies to VNs too, so all complaining people please , please stop.
Yeah, it is rushed as hell, but for this amount of time it is not bad at all!
rsc-plNov 30, 2014 11:55 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 30, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2010
So many stuff happened yet it wasn't bad at all!

Makina threatening to tell the corruption of Irisu in order to keep her sister safe! Makina's tantrum on the wall!

Escaping undetected like that was pretty amazing, using the freezer so they can't be tracked!

To be able to choke a guy like that! Makina getting shot and beaten up like that :O
Yuuji having have to give up Makina to get her to the hospital. Didn't expect Yuuji to kill the Irisu's president just like that!

JB's interaction with Yuuji was pretty nice.
Nov 30, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
YES!!! HE KILLED THE BITCH AND CAME OUT ALIVE!! Even better than the good end XD The few scenes she was shown in was enough to make me hate her all over again. F***N BITCH is one of the few that reached legendary status for me. I have never hated someone so much :P Too bad we didn't see her begging like a dog but oh well.

I don't care how rushed this was just from that :P

A bit sad we didn't get the conversation between Makina and her dad on death doors. That was really feelz inducing imo T^T

And what's with the start? Did they just imply H? ^^;
Nov 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
It's time... the Angelic Howl. Though most people are worrying like bitches that they might butcher Angelic Howl but to me, that's the least possible that it will be butchered.

Anyway, as for this episode, Yuuji killed Makina's mom... and yet he didn't turn into a "garbage". lol. At least 8bit did something right.
TennoujiNov 30, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 30, 2014 10:55 AM

Mar 2013
Between this and the Stand off episode (Yumiko arc), this Anime/VN sure is full of surprise.
Nov 30, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2012
Here we rush again.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 30, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
Well, this became a lot more violent than I had expected. I really didn't think Yuuji would kill the Irisu president, but when it came down to it, the look on his face was all the confirmation needed. And just how overpowered is he? After all, taking in an entire organisation and winning, including seemingly defeating at least 10 men (probably professionals as well) in regular combat is just insane.

Can't wait for next week when I finally get to see Angelic Howl. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype I seem to notice for it around here.

Feb 2014
"Guarantee my sister's safety or I'll expose your past."

Is this girl stupid or what? Her sister's probably getting the top medical treatment in the country and is probably going to be given further protection from now on regardless, and this is what she calls her mom about.

Let me just say I can't cheer on Yuuji's killing of Makina's mom. They haven't made her do enough wrong to warrant this. It was explained that there are both Makina and Sarina supporters within the family. It was the Makina supporters who tried to kill Sarina. Makina's mom, while wanting her daughter dead only did it out of necessity for the company. She didn't influence the supporters in any way. Even with her dead there are still people within the family who would want Makina or Sarina as the heir. So nothing is solved in the end. Another attempt to kill either of them is still possible.

I can't believe they actually adapted Makina going back for the Apple sapling. It was stupid in the VN and it's stupid here.

Looks like it's time for Angelic Howl. The most overrated part of the game. Bring it on.
Pik3RobNov 30, 2014 11:19 AM
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi

Sep 2013
I was hoping for 3 episodes but they did a pretty good job cramming it into 2 episodes, even if there was a lot of jumping between place to place. Yuuji certainly faired better than in the VN.
Angelic Howl starting next week and I doubt that'll receive 4 episodes.
Nov 30, 2014 11:16 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
That was disappointing. Not because it was bad, but I felt it could have been better. It lacked time - it felt like these last two episodes could easily have been 4-5.
By the way, I have NOT read the VN (or manga). This is purely my impression of the anime.
(I probably won't subscribe to this thread, so I probably won't see any replies to this)
Nov 30, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 2014
Just started watching the ep, but wowowowow they did it?
Nov 30, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2013
Yuuji with that look on his face before shooting Makina's mom. She had it coming to her.
Nov 30, 2014 11:34 AM

Sep 2012
Nice arc though.
(didn't read the vn)
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Dec 2011
Now that's what you call a whore of a wife...

Dem Yuuji scars doe...

So Yuuji betrayed his employers to save Makina T.T

Ohooo, so Makina has memorized the documents that her father had and that's one of the reasons they're coming after her life eh... besides her wanting the safety of her lil sister guaranteed or she'll expose the corruption of her family.

Poor Makina... she got shot and beaten T.T

Hell yeah! Yuuji killed Makina's mother hitman style!

Only a few days eh XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 30, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
If the guy in charge of series composition is a fan of Mega Man, I'm willing to bet his favorite character is Rush. All kidding aside, it must suck to be the guy in charge of cramming an entire visual novel worth of stuff into a single cour of episodes.
Nov 30, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2013
Worst episode so far.
Damn, that was horrible. Much worse than what they did to ChiruChiru and Sachi. Not even want to see Angelic Howl now.

Nov 30, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
the pacing though
Nov 30, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
gissellebatista said:
Worst episode so far.
Damn, that was horrible. Much worse than what they did to ChiruChiru and Sachi. Not even want to see Angelic Howl now.

Did you watch episode 6 ?
Imho, this is prolly the most well adapted route so far simply because Makina's route had a lot of pointless scenes. And the ending to tie it up with the next episodes wasn't too bad.
I personally can't wait to see how they handle Angelic Howl. Imo, they will use 3 episodes for Amane's route and use the last episode to adapt the beach scene.
Nov 30, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2012
this shows gives no shit about plot and go for the badass route..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 30, 2014 12:05 PM

Feb 2012
derprume said:
Just started watching the ep, but wowowowow they did it?
Yuuji got to second base with her in the last episode, not really surprising that they wen all the way.
I like how cold-blooded Yuuji is, wasted her mom without any hesitation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2014
solomon585858 said:
danae17 said:

These four episodes are not just for Amane. Amane will get two episodes. Other two will be about Yuuji himself and his decisions. Maybe the final choice of the girl he will end up with. It is an anime so it will have original ending. I bet these two episodes will be about Yumiko and Yuuji.

holy shit really?? Why is Yumiko kinda the central girl in the anime? It seems kinda weird to me, I can't say I really like her compared to the rest. Anyways, that's kinda disappointing since I had imagined it differently :/
Nov 30, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2014
gissellebatista said:
Worst episode so far.

Are u kidding me? This was episode was amazing >__>
Nov 30, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
So, Makina route done, whose next?
Nov 30, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 2014
gissellebatista said:
Worst episode so far.

It wasn't that bad ): but i felt like the level was lowered a little bit.
Nov 30, 2014 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Yuuji and Makina are traveling together.

Yuuji killed Kiyoka.

Happy ending for Makina.
Nov 30, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
it wasnt that bad in grisaia standars
Nov 30, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2012
I'm quite speechless after seein' it. Its not as bad as 8bits handlin' of Chiruchiru route or just uber crap like teh way they adapated Sachi, because Makina route was always way too long for my taste and we have seen teh major stuff of this route. I'm goin' so far to call teh episode just as borin' as teh vn version, neither did pace this particular route well. VN version was way too long and this was way too rushed cut together.

I thought i could at least enjoy teh death of Kiyoka, but nope it felt very wrong in teh anime, even if i'm glad they didnt just leave it like teh crappy copy-pasted "good end".

It would've have been miles better if we had at least one moar episode and if it didnt adapt an altered bad end but an altered Meikyuu after end
. Kiyoka deserves to suffer, not just to die in teh most random way possible. Kajitsu Makina end sucked anyway and this would've been a better way to setup Rakuen.

So nope it failed again for me. I still enjoyed Makina's Tunafish Man Attack though, i give them dat. :)

2/5. Better than Sachi, but not enjoyable imo.

Edit: Also kinda weird to see teh H aftermath lol

Edit2: Also dat Chiara Pantsu :o

Edit3: I dont think i can enjoy Angelic Howl without teh epilogue and 8bit's handlin' but lets see what they got for teh last 4 episodes...
sanleiNov 30, 2014 1:24 PM
Nov 30, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2007
gissellebatista said:
Worst episode so far.

I hate to say this guys..
I Agree 100 percent.
This episode didn't give an ounce of entertainment.
It wasnt butchered plotwise like Michiru and Yumiko. Sachi too ofc
It wasn't a trainwreck...
But it was simply the worst.
Pointless episode that didn't give me a shred of entertaintning factor.
All it did was to present Makina's ending in a very monotonous script to screen. It was so badly rushed I blinked and half of her ending already progressed. At least the other routes were entertaining because they were trainwrecks. This was even too lazy to be called a trainwreck.
Sigh... I can't believe I don't look forward that much to AH anymore.. with all the rumors it will be 2 episodes. It makes me even less hyped... oh and yeah, yuuji killing makinas mom was so pointless. He just entered, bang, didnt even let her say a sentence. It was uncalled for without any build up... that part really killed yuuji's creditability in the anime.
DeadIEndNov 30, 2014 2:04 PM
Nov 30, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
Barion-Zara said:
YES!!! HE KILLED THE BITCH AND CAME OUT ALIVE!! Even better than the good end XD The few scenes she was shown in was enough to make me hate her all over again. F***N BITCH is one of the few that reached legendary status for me. I have never hated someone so much :P Too bad we didn't see her begging like a dog but oh well.

I don't care how rushed this was just from that :P

A bit sad we didn't get the conversation between Makina and her dad on death doors. That was really feelz inducing imo T^T

And what's with the start? Did they just imply H? ^^;

It's like you read my mind or something :D
Nov 30, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
IT FELT SO AWESOME TO SEE HIM SHOOT THAT BITCH XD

BAM*

*Eyes of someone looking at a despicable piece of trash*

BAM BAM BAM***

Nov 30, 2014 1:32 PM

Jan 2012
DeadIEnd said:
oh and yeah, yuuji killing makinas mom was so pointless. He just entered, bang, didnt even let her say a sentence. It was uncalled for without any build up... that part really killed yuuji's creditability in the anime.

Yeah dat has to be one of teh worst scenes of teh year lol. It maked sense in teh bad end, but it didnt here.

I knew she was goin' to die thanks to readin' teh thread in advance and i still couldnt believe it. Teh setup is nonexistent lol.

This adaption really loves "random stuff happenin', random people dyin' or suicidin'".
Nov 30, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
Yyeeah! that damn bitch died! ( ゚Д゚)<!!

I seriously do not understand how Sarina survived that explosion T_T.. That just seems so dumb IMO.
Nov 30, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2007
I feel like they completely removed what made Makina's character so entertaining. The main reason I loved reading her route was because whenever she spoke I knew it would be gold. But without it her route is far less enjoyable. Thats the reason why Makina was my favorite heroine, she was damn entertaining.

Either way, next week we are starting 90% of the reason I have been watching this anime (and by the looks of it, 90% of why 8bit is animating it).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2014 2:06 PM

Aug 2008
The kill was so cold it was beautiful
Nov 30, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Now who would want to anger Yuuji?He just open the door shot a few rounds then go didn't even hesitate killing that b!tch. Next week Amane route I'll be looking forward to this.
Nov 30, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2012

Wonder about that too, wait what was teh question again?

I dont know y, but chiara is honestly teh only character i really can enjoy so far in teh anime version. I didnt like her in teh vn though. Its really weird. :/ It feels like 8bit are portrayin' her in teh best possible ways while not carin' for teh main girls lol (Chiruchiru still has her moments, but really chiara steals teh show, whenever she is on teh screen).
Nov 30, 2014 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode 9/10
Nov 30, 2014 2:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
waaaaaait a minute are they actually squeezing in Meikyuu and Rakuen in the last two eps despite everything? Or am I just misremembering something

...I mean... that one scene... is so much foreshadowing o.o
Nov 30, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2014
HaXXspetten said:
waaaaaait a minute are they actually squeezing in Meikyuu and Rakuen in the last two eps despite everything? Or am I just misremembering something

That scene where they talk about the professor actually was in Kajitsu.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 30, 2014 2:58 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pik3Rob said:
HaXXspetten said:

That scene where they talk about the professor actually was in Kajitsu.
oh was it?

probably wasn't anything you ever really thought too much about while playing it the first time

well we'll see what happens, with the pacing they've gone with throughout this anime I wouldn't say Angelic Howl is gonna get any more than 2 eps either so they'll still have to do something in the remaining last 2 eps if so... which again with the current pacing might be enough to adapt the grand route of the sequels

either that or some weird anime original thingy which could be essentially anything I guess

I just feel it's a bit weird in the way that this adaptation skips out on so incredibly many scenes yet they still included that seemingly irrelevant scene which is only related to the sequels... well idk *shrug* :s
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.