Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Which F/SN Servant would you summon?

Dec 1, 2014 9:01 AM

Rider would be my choice~

Dec 1, 2014 9:19 AM
Rider because I want to ride her

gigidi

Dec 1, 2014 9:23 AM
something here

bladeangel said:
Rider because I want to ride her

gigidi

Other way around.
She's the Rider.
She'd ride you.

Dec 1, 2014 9:27 AM

Rider. Easy choice. Awesome looks AND powers.
YouTube (Umineko Chiru spoilers!) - VNDB - Steam

Dec 1, 2014 10:14 AM

lionheart04 said:
BotatoPriest said:
F/SN True Assassin is more canon fodder than Zero Assassin. At least that one can win against humans with sheer numbers.
Sure he is cannon fodder when put against another servant but assassins was never meant to fight the enemy head on, in a battle that you can win by overpowering your enemy or by killing the master, assassin's presence concealment skill that can hide himself even againts servant is very lethal to masters

The problem with that there's quite a few masters that could hold off or even kill him. If the Master happens to be someone like say Bazzett you be fucked(More than you would normally be).

For me I would summon Hercules as Archer

Dec 1, 2014 11:53 AM
Since we are taking about Assassins why not just summon her..............

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin_of_Black

Dec 1, 2014 11:56 AM
something here

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Because you don't want to end up in jail when someone sees you walking with her.
Sasaki best Assassin.

Dec 1, 2014 12:02 PM
InsertPriestHere said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Because you don't want to end up in jail when someone sees you walking with her.
Sasaki best Assassin.

Implying they will actually see her.......

Still Sasaki is more of a Samurai than Assassin............still awesome.

Dec 1, 2014 12:05 PM
something here

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Sasaki best Assassin.

It's not like people don't see servants when they are physical, they just don't see them in their....servant modes, because they do that when people aren't around. Most of them, anyway.

Dec 1, 2014 12:11 PM

InsertPriestHere said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

It's not like people don't see servants when they are physical, they just don't see them in their....servant modes, because they do that when people aren't around. Most of them, anyway.
It's called *poof* mode.

Fucking learn it.

Dec 1, 2014 12:12 PM
something here

BotatoPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

It's called *poof* mode.

Fucking learn it.

No, no, poof mode is invisible.
Servant mode is all the armour and weapons and things.

Dec 1, 2014 12:13 PM
InsertPriestHere said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Shirou would have gone to jail already for walking around with Illya then.......

Dec 1, 2014 12:15 PM
something here

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Shirou would have gone to jail already for walking around with Illya then.......

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141022200313/typemoon/images/3/3f/Ilya.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130824114138/typemoon/images/c/c8/Assassin_of_black.png
I see a marked difference in appearance.
It's a just a joke, in any case.

Dec 1, 2014 12:18 PM
InsertPriestHere said:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141022200313/typemoon/images/3/3f/Ilya.png
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130824114138/typemoon/images/c/c8/Assassin_of_black.png
I see a marked difference in appearance.
It's a just a joke, in any case.[/quote]

Well i do see your point if Assassin walked around in her Servant Outfit...........

Dec 1, 2014 1:40 PM

Saber obvs. But realistically I would probably get Archer because I am more pragmatic than idealist.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Oh for fuck's sake Fate. First I have to suspend my disbelief for Arthur secretly being a woman, but now you expect me to believe that Jack the Ripper was actually a secret serial killing loli?

Nasuverse...
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL

Dec 1, 2014 2:59 PM

Same =3
The sun is a deadly laser

Dec 1, 2014 3:53 PM

MiniSiets said:
Saber obvs. But realistically I would probably get Archer because I am more pragmatic than idealist.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Oh for fuck's sake Fate. First I have to suspend my disbelief for Arthur secretly being a woman, but now you expect me to believe that Jack the Ripper was actually a secret serial killing loli?

Nasuverse...

Also, Nero Caeser was a girl.

Annnddd so's Francis Drake, but then again, there's already a legend in which he and Queen Elizabeth switched places, so there's a basis for that one.

Dec 1, 2014 4:59 PM

I actually really liked Assassin of Black's History and eventual complications at summoning. But yeah she uhhhh.. Doesn't have any pants.. Must be because she was poor. Yeah that's it.

My love for Lolis aside I'd summon Archer of Red, because she's just so fekkin cute. Also her arrows can pierce Berserkers God-Hand.. So take that FSN Archer.
Modified by WrongPriest, Dec 1, 2014 5:19 PM

Dec 1, 2014 5:17 PM

MiniSiets said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Nasuverse...

To be fair I'm pretty sure other people designed many of the F/A servants for when it was gonna be an MMO.

Though I like the end result of Drake and Nero gender bending, but I don't hate the premise as much as other people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 1, 2014 5:37 PM

Rerailing the thread... ^^

After a lot of thinking... I'd choose Lancer.

Best compatibility by personality (second best would probably be Saber), Noble Phantasm has low mana cost and great effectivity. Lancer is also pretty tenacious, and when coupled with his Battle Continuation, we might escape easily from bad situations.

Battle plan would be in two phases: first, I'd ask Lancer to do basically the same thing F/SN Masters would order: scout each of the enemy Servants, going for the kill if possible but otherwise priority on staying alive and gathering information (Holy Grail War is more information war rather than actual fighting). Once information has been gathered, we'd go into semi-assassination mode, picking targets by priority and taking them out one by one... unless something unforeseen happens (diplomatic or otherwise).
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Dec 1, 2014 5:43 PM

My problem with summoning Rider would always be Mana, She could handle almost any servant if I had access to all her NP's at once.. But that takes an F-load of mana and I'm going to assume I'm not Illya. Which means I'd have to syphon off an Orphanage or two.

Dec 1, 2014 5:52 PM

WrongPriest said:
My problem with summoning Rider would always be Mana, She could handle almost any servant if I had access to all her NP's at once.. But that takes an F-load of mana and I'm going to assume I'm not Illya. Which means I'd have to syphon off an Orphanage or two.

That's my main reason not going for Rider and Berserker, as I assumed I'm Shirou-level mage... or even closer, Shinji-level mage... Berserker would be impossible to control for me, Rider takes too much mana to use and I wouldn't permit the usage of Blood Fort Andromeda (it was in ep8 so...)

Which leaves Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster and Assassin.

Assassin is too weak on offense so he's out.
Caster... has hax mana capacity, but problem is lack of melee capabilities - after all, I can't fight at all to cover her from other servants. Also, what would probably happen is role reversal, with her gaining pseudo Independent Action XD
Archer... I love his adaptability and would be #1 choice if not for his Independent Action and slight incompatibility by personality.
Saber has Noble Phantasms with relatively high mana costs. We would easily end up in the situation in Fate route...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Dec 1, 2014 5:54 PM

I just realized Archer's ability "Eye of the mind (true)" rank B is actually overpowered as hell. Imagine if someone had it on rank A++! Not even geniuses like Lelouch or Light would be able to get past rank A+, so I guess, you would have to summon Inaho Kaizuka to reach A++, which gives certain victory in battle, as long as the chances of victory are above 0%.

Dec 1, 2014 6:19 PM

No matter which servant comes to mind, I can't think of one that I would be worthy enough of a master for.

They'd probably kill me on day 1 ._.

Dec 1, 2014 6:50 PM

SwordHand said:
No matter which servant comes to mind, I can't think of one that I would be worthy enough of a master for.

They'd probably kill me on day 1 ._.
Nah you'll be right, at worst you can just summon Lancer and take him down to the pier for a bro-to-bro fishing session (fishing is really easy to learn). Voila, defend you with his life.

Dec 1, 2014 7:50 PM

WrongPriest said:

Are you implying that your foursome alliance with the King of Heroes and his waifu the King of Knights is insufficient?

Dec 1, 2014 8:04 PM

ZeroDragon said:
WrongPriest said:

Are you implying that your foursome alliance with the King of Heroes and his waifu the King of Knights is insufficient?
Not at all, just highlighting that our relationship is one of preference and not necessity. That 3 day sexy pillow-fight was leagues better than melting an Orphanage.

Unless we could like.. Do both. At the same time.

Dec 2, 2014 1:14 AM
something here

Aurioch said:

Saber has Noble Phantasms with relatively high mana costs. We would easily end up in the situation in Fate route...

So what's the problem, then?
I can't see one, mana transfer time.
Modified by Insertanamehere, Dec 2, 2014 4:53 AM

Dec 2, 2014 4:49 AM

Grey-Zone said:
I just realized Archer's ability "Eye of the mind (true)" rank B is actually overpowered as hell. Imagine if someone had it on rank A++! Not even geniuses like Lelouch or Light would be able to get past rank A+, so I guess, you would have to summon Inaho Kaizuka to reach A++, which gives certain victory in battle, as long as the chances of victory are above 0%.
I summon Shiba Tatsuya.

Beat that.

Dec 2, 2014 5:46 AM
I'd choose Lancer. Using his noble phantasm carefully and smartly would let him win against all servants other than Berserker. Runic magic knowledge is also useful and powerful which would allow lancer to possibly kill Zerker twice with both Gae bolg activations after amping NP rank to A for a short time.

Dec 3, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 3, 2014 10:37 AM

^That looks more like GoB though.

Dec 3, 2014 11:34 AM

Shrimperor said:
BotatoPriest said:
I summon Shiba Tatsuya.

Beat that.

Esdeath as Saber.
Esdeath a shit.

Deal with it.

Jokes aside,

Pls. Tatsuya is invincible.

Dec 3, 2014 11:37 AM
something here

BotatoPriest said:
Shrimperor said:

Esdeath as Saber.
Esdeath a shit.

Deal with it.

Jokes aside,

I summon servant: Good Writing.
Now what, Sir.Formerly Invincible?

Dec 3, 2014 11:40 AM

InsertPriestHere said:
BotatoPriest said:
Esdeath a shit.

Deal with it.

Jokes aside,

That just makes him better.

Dec 3, 2014 11:42 AM
something here

BotatoPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

But then he wouldn't actually be invincible anymore.
Potato pls.

Dec 3, 2014 11:44 AM

Bernkastel would have Eye of The Mind EX then.

Dec 3, 2014 11:53 AM

InsertPriestHere said:
BotatoPriest said:

Potato pls.
Yes he would.
There's no rule that states he shouldn't be.

Dec 3, 2014 11:55 AM
something here

BotatoPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Potato pls.
Yes he would.

Edit: Uh, on second thought, this is on a downhill slope to a Mahouka argument, so I'm going to just cut it off here.
Modified by Insertanamehere, Dec 4, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 3, 2014 12:15 PM

JonPiter said:
Bernkastel would have Eye of The Mind EX then.

She is just a cat though and cannot utilize her abilities, unless someone would cast the "Meta" reality marble and if that happens, she would still lose against the author aurora-san.

Dec 3, 2014 9:24 PM

InsertPriestHere said:
BotatoPriest said:
Yes he would.

Edit: Uh, on second thought, this is on the slippery slope to a Mahouka argument, so I'm going to just cut it off here.

You guys do realize Tatsuya is pretty much a personification of a god right?
Tatsuya Shiba code name: Maheśvara

Aka Shiva the hindu god, one of his other names being Maheśvara. Or at least he's described by that. Maheśvara meaning great lord
Shivas trident the power of destruction and regeneration, known as the transformer/destroyer in the Hindu trinity of gods

Tatsuya Shiba's magics are decomposition and regrowth.
Even the links between miyuki and parvati are there.

Not gonna argue any points of the writing in Mahouka, but at least the author did his research on character he created.

So yea summoning Tatsuya is summoning a god

Dec 3, 2014 9:29 PM

Personally I'm not a fan of protagonists that never seem to break a sweat (mind you I havn't finished it yet)

But I like a bit more struggle in my story. Then again that never stopped me from liking the personification of a tactical nuke that was Nanoha in StrikerS.

Dec 3, 2014 10:46 PM

WrongPriest said:
Personally I'm not a fan of protagonists that never seem to break a sweat (mind you I havn't finished it yet)

I think they can actually be pretty entertaining. Like Alucard, for example. It was cool that pretty much everything was pretty much a joke to him, hell he was even scary at points, so I think it was played off well there. He's also balanced out by Seras, who does struggle. So, I guess that's nice.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Dec 3, 2014 10:50 PM
WrongPriest said:

But I like a bit more struggle in my story. Then again that never stopped me from liking the personification of a tactical nuke that was Nanoha in StrikerS.

Well the anime did a bad job portraying Mahouka and the characters, Mahouka isn't about struggling in fights against opponents rather it more about the discrimination in Magic Society and discrimination against Magicians as a whole. Also considering the limiters and restrictions put on Tatsuya, he does struggle but makes it up with his intelligence and preparedness. I do recommend the LN though for a better experience. Lets just end it here before this becomes Mahouka thread.

Also you do not want Tatsuya is "Berserker" class................that would be the end of the world.

Dec 3, 2014 10:51 PM

Wasn't really much tension in the Hellsing Ultimate cause of that. Pretty much just had Alucard tearing through everyone. If it sounds like I'm complaining I'm not - it was awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 3, 2014 10:56 PM

insan3priest said:
WrongPriest said:

I think they can actually be pretty entertaining. Like Alucard, for example. It was cool that pretty much everything was pretty much a joke to him, hell he was even scary at points, so I think it was played off well there. He's also balanced out by Seras, who does struggle. So, I guess that's nice.

Alucard (like Nanoha now that I think about it) still had a strategic weakness that were exploitable.

I still haven't seen all of irregular yet but he seems to just reveal more power as time goes on. Which means fuck all because I don't know what I'm talking about in this instance.

Dec 5, 2014 5:02 AM

Just get saber and tank everything with excalibur.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Dec 5, 2014 6:26 AM
I'd summon Caster and get married.

Dec 5, 2014 10:58 PM

notJune said:
I'd summon Caster and get rule broken.

Dec 5, 2014 11:00 PM

My god Carnival phantasm was legendary.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »