Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
View Poll Results: Which F/SN Servant would you summon?
Saber

44 24.44%
Archer

48 26.67%
Lancer

26 14.44%
Caster

8 4.44%
Rider

23 12.78%
Assassin

15 8.33%
Berserker

13 7.22%
"NONE! PFFFFFFFTTT, WHO NEEDS SERVANTS TO WIN ANYWAY?"-er

3 1.67%
Voters: 180

Nov 29, 2014 7:04 PM

Mod note: If you want this thread to remain unlocked, stop derailing it and stay on topic please.
-----------
Figured that somebody needed to make a thread like this.

So! If you were a Master participating in the Holy Grail War and you had to pick one of the seven Heroic Spirits shown in F/SN, which one do you think you'd want to summon for the sake of beating the others and getting your wish granted~?

The knightly blond and elegant Saber?

The overly cynical yet totally cool Archer?

The Irish hot guy in tights Lancer?

The sadistic but intelligent Caster?

The dark, sexy, and absolutely loyal Rider?

The noble samurai bishie Assassin?

Or the invincible black giant Berserker?

Then, why would you do that, and how would you go about achieving victory afterwards once the summoning ritual has been successful? YOU NEED A PLAN~ HOW WOULD YOU WIIINNNN~

Practically speaking, I'd have to go with Archer. He seems to be the safest option since he won't double-cross his own Master and is good enough at planning and strategies that I could probably just sit back in my fortified mansion and let him win the HGW for me. I mean, these are heroes from the past we're talking about here, so they must have experience already in these kind of battles, and he seems capable of holding his ground against any Servant.

It's logical! I- I mean, it's not like I just want to summon Archer so I can hug him to death! That would be absolutely ridiculous! Baka!
Modified by CarenPriestess, Dec 7, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 29, 2014 7:08 PM

Saber, I can discuss chivalry with her all day!

Nov 29, 2014 7:11 PM

Caster, would be fun

Nov 29, 2014 7:14 PM

I obviously chose Saber. Powerful, hot, easy to get along with, and won't stab me in the back.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 29, 2014 7:15 PM

Saber. Noble, chivalrous, kind, strong, selfless... Worthy of being my treasure mai waifu an ally.

Nov 29, 2014 7:17 PM

Rider, for reasons. She's pretty Loyal too if your not a spaz.

We probably wouldn't win, but I'll be dammed if there won't be a foursome including Zerodragon and his Saber.

Purely for strategic purposes.
Modified by WrongPriest, Nov 29, 2014 7:22 PM

Nov 29, 2014 7:18 PM

Clearly not Caster (magic resistance) or Berserker (being a Master of Berserker sounds like it would suck). I'm guessing I can't summon the Assassin we know, considering he's a fake. Probably one of the three Knight Classes or Rider. Archer seems really skilled despite his weak stats, so he seems nice. Lancer is really quick on his feet. Saber is the most balanced, and she has high Instinct.

I'll go with Archer, because he seems to be the most skilled.

Nov 29, 2014 7:21 PM

Strategy: rig the game in my favor.

Servant: doesn't matter, the contest is rigged.

Or failing, that, I'd use Kiritsugu's strategy in which case, again, the servant doesn't matter.

Nov 29, 2014 7:22 PM

Summon Lancer. Tell him to forget about the war. Go off to Ireland to drink and pick up women.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

Nov 29, 2014 7:22 PM

fst said:

Or failing, that, I'd use Kiritsugu's strategy in which case, again, the servant doesn't matter.

uhh how would one "rig" the HGW?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 29, 2014 7:23 PM

mickdrew_99 said:
fst said:

uhh how would one "rig" the HGW?

Be the heir of a family that passes down Fragarach.

Nov 29, 2014 7:25 PM

Lancer: Fishing partner, drinking buddy, Gae Bolg, best bro

Nov 29, 2014 7:26 PM

toyall123 said:
I'm guessing I can't summon the Assassin we know, considering he's a fake.

Normally not, but for the sake of the thread, let's assume that we can hypothetically summon Kojirou Sasaki as the Servant Assassin.

Well, Archer's low stats can be a bit of a problem, especially when we're facing the likes of Berserker, and his Noble Phantasm only seems capable of killing the thing once. Would probably need Caster's help in that case.

Nov 29, 2014 7:26 PM

to be honest i believe if someone has berserker and uses kiritsugu's strategy they can win with relative ease

Nov 29, 2014 7:28 PM

Bobby_S said:
to be honest i believe if someone has berserker and uses kiritsugu's strategy they can win with relative ease

But Berserker uses up a hell of a lot of mana. Having a master as well trained in magic and combat is a tall order.

Nov 29, 2014 7:29 PM

Would go for Lancer, he knows how to fight, loyal to his master and probably has the best noble phantasm if played right, also him being overconfident and me being arrogant would probably fit perfect together.

On a serious note though we need more screening time for Lancer on this show, like right now.

Edit: Small typo
Modified by Raines, Nov 29, 2014 7:41 PM

Nov 29, 2014 7:29 PM

MercifulPriest said:

Well, Archer's low stats can be a bit of a problem, especially when we're facing the likes of Berserker, and his Noble Phantasm only seems capable of killing the thing once. Would probably need Caster's help in that case.

I'm assuming that I'm a rather weak magus. Archer seems to be the least dependent on the Master's actual capabilities. I mean, even his low stats were even lower, they probably can't make that much of a difference for him specifically. :)

Nov 29, 2014 7:33 PM

toyall123 said:
MercifulPriest said:

I'm assuming that I'm a rather weak magus. Archer seems to be the least dependent on the Master's actual capabilities. I mean, even if his low stats were even lower, they probably can't make that much of a difference for him specifically. :)

I know~ Hence my choice for him too. He seems like the kind of guy who knows how to win a war on his own.

mickdrew_99 said:
Bobby_S said:

But Berserker uses up a hell of a lot of mana. Having a master as well trained in magic and combat is a tall order.

Why not do that thing Kayneth did, getting someone else to supply the mana? In other words, you just find a sacrificial puppet and let them take the strain while you get to freely control BAHSAHKAR.

Nov 29, 2014 7:35 PM

mickdrew_99 said:
Bobby_S said:

well for example illya as the master and kiritsugu or someone to utilize his strategies as a partner or hired helper as was the case in f/z

Nov 29, 2014 7:41 PM

I think I would pick Archer because he's literally a mini Gil, who's fucking with a full power unlimited blade works to the dome?? Nobody that's who, that shit is broken as fuck. Same with Gate of Babylon

Next up would probably be Lancer. He wasn't used to his full potential because he wasn't able to go full power against the other servants, also because he is my favorite servant. He could have killed Saber day 1 i believe if he wasnt called back

Saber if you wanna go easy mode i guess but meh

Nov 29, 2014 7:45 PM

The whole point of Kiritsugu's strategy is that the servant is irrelevant. He just lets his servant do whatever and picks off the masters amidst the chaos.

Actually, here's a question:

Killing masters is not strictly necessary to claim the grail, but killing servants is. However, ultimately, you need to eliminate both masters and servants, since only one can actually claim the Grail. On top of that, if you only eliminate a master, the servant becomes a free agent and can form a new contract.

Obviously, you would ideally eliminate masters and servants simultaneously, but would it make more sense to center your strategy around eliminating masters or killing servants?

Nov 29, 2014 8:35 PM

fst said:
The whole point of Kiritsugu's strategy is that the servant is irrelevant. He just lets his servant do whatever and picks off the masters amidst the chaos.

Actually, here's a question:

Killing masters is not strictly necessary to claim the grail, but killing servants is. However, ultimately, you need to eliminate both masters and servants, since only one can actually claim the Grail. On top of that, if you only eliminate a master, the servant becomes a free agent and can form a new contract.

Obviously, you would ideally eliminate masters and servants simultaneously, but would it make more sense to center your strategy around eliminating masters or killing servants?

Kiritsugu's strategy was actually shit. It only worked with Kayneth because he was a dumbass.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

Nov 29, 2014 8:52 PM

WrongPriest said:

We probably wouldn't win, but I'll be dammed if there won't be a foursome including Zerodragon and his Saber.

Come now, Faker. Demonstrate to us your merit and that of your servant. We're ready.

Purely for information gathering purposes, of course.
Modified by ZeroDragon, Nov 29, 2014 9:03 PM

Nov 29, 2014 8:59 PM

Whoever picked Assassin is dumb, dude will get merked literally by every other servant. Berserker will rip him in half, he can't handle Archers UBW, Sabers been shown to defeat him even while distracted, Riders mystic eyes would render him basically useless especially his noble phantasm, and Lancer would probably not lose either because his weapon is ideal against Assassins, but its possible he would lose against him for similar reasons (they have similar noble phantasms, whoever lands first or is faster would win). I'd still pick lancer > assassin though because his phantasm is more certain. And I doubt Assassin has the magic resistance to defeat Caster (though maybe could win in ideal circumstance but purely because Caster is garbage)
Modified by Qans, Nov 29, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 29, 2014 11:38 PM

ZeroDragon said:
WrongPriest said:

Come now, Faker. Demonstrate to us your merit and that of your servant. We're ready.

Purely for information gathering purposes, of course.

Your acceptance is most welcome, King of heroes. We wait eagerly to benefit from our mutual arangement

New plan for winning war w/ Zerodragon:
-Equip Rider with GOB Weapons instead of silly nails.
-Lure enemy servants into the church with promises of thought provoking sermons.
-Was actually Blood fort lol
-Max range Ea+Bellerophon+Excalibur converging on church
-???
-Harem end

Nov 29, 2014 11:44 PM

Saber - For a better love story than Twilight.

Lancer or Gilgamesh - If I was serious about winning. Well, this only applies if I have all the knowledge on F/SN as I do now.

Nov 30, 2014 12:26 AM

Probably Archer or Berserker.

Archer is not only in ranged weapons, but also in melee weapons. He can even hold himself against Lancer and made that awesome nuke using Caladbolg against Berserker. He can also defeat Caster as seen in episode 7.

As for Berserker, well he is pretty much invincible as long as a certain someone isn't in this war.

Nov 30, 2014 12:30 AM

-RIPriest- said:

Archer is not only in ranged weapons, but also in melee weapons. He can even hold himself against Lancer and made that awesome nuke using Caladbolg against Berserker. He can also defeat Caster as seen in episode 7.

As for Berserker, well he is pretty much invincible as long as a certain someone isn't in this war.

Gil's Ea pretty much counters any Reality marble, too bad Archer would never give him the time to prepare it.

Archer has the same problem completing his chant for UBW, but at least he has Rho to cover him when he does.

Nov 30, 2014 1:00 AM

I'd summon BERSAHKAH, and we would totally roll over our opponents with great style until about halfway through the war when I fell over, coughed up all my remaining blood, and died like a bitch because I'm not as hax as Illya is as a master and I used up my entire life force.

If I WAS as hax as Illya, I think that Berserker could easily win the war. His worst matchup is Gil, but Gil has very exploitable flaws.

As for the rest of the Servants...

Nov 30, 2014 1:11 AM

WrongPriest said:
-RIPriest- said:

Gil's Ea pretty much counters any Reality marble, too bad Archer would never give him the time to prepare it.

Archer has the same problem completing his chant for UBW, but at least he has Rho to cover him when he does.

By the way, I see that this thread isn't for VN players only. So you guys should tone it down with the spoilers.

Nov 30, 2014 1:18 AM

Saber, we both love food!
[center]

Nov 30, 2014 1:21 AM

-RIPriest- said:
WrongPriest said:

By the way, I see that this thread isn't for VN players only. So you guys should tone it down with the spoilers.

Yeah I had a look over my post and it was rather subdued, I'm not too worried.

The best way to fight Archer is to avoid giving him the space to invoke UBW, once your inside it your pretty screwed.
Modified by WrongPriest, Nov 30, 2014 1:27 AM

Nov 30, 2014 1:29 AM

Saber cos TORTURING HER WOULD BE FUN I can dress her up in millions of costumes~

We shall kill the one known as Archer's master, and have you two wedded! *goes into maniac laugh*

Then, uhh, with two servants, I'll make Gil a deal with Seiba, and he can help us kill everyone else. BANZAI!!
The sun is a deadly laser

Nov 30, 2014 1:44 AM

Caster with a competent master and plan could easily win the war as well, people overlooking that

Nov 30, 2014 1:49 AM

rider, because shes my waifu because shes op as hell once you think about it

Nov 30, 2014 1:51 AM
something here

-Shuda- said:

Lancer

>Lancer

>Win

kek

Nov 30, 2014 1:52 AM

fairypriest said:

Is she? I guess with her np she's strong, but otherwise you'll be pretty vulnerable.

Nov 30, 2014 1:58 AM

Qans said:
Caster with a competent master and plan could easily win the war as well, people overlooking that

How can she dodge/block Lancer's Gae Bolg? And I'm pretty sure Saber can nullify most of her magic.

Nov 30, 2014 2:05 AM

-RIPriest- said:
Qans said:

How can she dodge/block Lancer's Gae Bolg? And I'm pretty sure Saber can nullify most of her magic.

Modified by Qans, Nov 30, 2014 2:08 AM

Nov 30, 2014 2:07 AM

mickdrew_99 said:
fairypriest said:

Is she? I guess with her np she's strong, but otherwise you'll be pretty vulnerable.

Strong NP's are a Riders forte, and FSN rider's used in combination would be devastating for any opponent. Hard to defend against a mystic beast when your A rank Defence is reduced to C.

Nov 30, 2014 2:08 AM
something here

Qans said:
-RIPriest- said:

Its not blockable even with that. If you're talking about Assassin.
Modified by Insertanamehere, Nov 30, 2014 2:17 AM

Nov 30, 2014 2:10 AM

-RIPriest- said:
Qans said:

A rank magic resist states that no Mage currently living can harm Saber, against an opponent from the Age of the gods with beyond high speed chanting.. You better still be able to dodge.

Nov 30, 2014 2:10 AM

Qans said:
-RIPriest- said:

We don't know what kind of Servants she can summon. If she can someone someone as strong as Saber or Berserker then why didn't she do it? I think there's some kind of limitation as to what she can summon since it is basically cheating.

Nov 30, 2014 2:45 AM
caster or rider for ahem.. reasons

lancer would be pretty fun too

Nov 30, 2014 2:56 AM
If only we could get a Double Unlimited Blade Works.............RIP rest of the participants.

Best and Worst combo in the history of FSN.

Nov 30, 2014 3:33 AM

Qans said:
Whoever picked Assassin is dumb, dude will get merked literally by every other servant. Berserker will rip him in half, he can't handle Archers UBW, Sabers been shown to defeat him even while distracted, Riders mystic eyes would render him basically useless especially his noble phantasm, and Lancer would probably not lose either because his weapon is ideal against Assassins, but its possible he would lose against him for similar reasons (they have similar noble phantasms, whoever lands first or is faster would win). I'd still pick lancer > assassin though because his phantasm is more certain. And I doubt Assassin has the magic resistance to defeat Caster (though maybe could win in ideal circumstance but purely because Caster is garbage)

Actually, out of all the Servants, Assassin has the greatest technique, and he's so ridiculously deadly with his blade that, apart from Berserker (and I suppose Caster), all the other Servants would end up on the defensive. Saber, the most balanced class mind you, was being overwhelmed by this guy and only made it out alive due to her instinct and the fight being interrupted later.

Yeah, it's true that he's vulnerable to underhanded techniques, magic especially. But in a direct contest of pure skill, no one can match that guy.

Qans said:
-RIPriest- said:

I find it a little hilarious that no one's picked Caster, even though she has the most practical benefits - I guess the possibility of being betrayed and turned into a puppet is too much to risk, huh.
Modified by CarenPriestess, Nov 30, 2014 3:37 AM

Nov 30, 2014 3:45 AM
Hug Addict <3

I'd take Fragarach over any of the other noble phantasms :>

strictly F/SN though, I always thought
was the most creative, think you can have a lot of fun with that so I might say Caster

if it's just about casual interaction however I'd probably say Lancer, he's a fun bloke
Modified by HaXXspetten, Nov 30, 2014 3:50 AM

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Nov 30, 2014 3:46 AM

About Assassin:

Nov 30, 2014 5:46 AM

-RIPriest- said:
Qans said:

All, all of her magic =3
She can also nullify almost-true-magic-command-seals, well...1
The sun is a deadly laser

Nov 30, 2014 5:48 AM

mirakura said:
-RIPriest- said:

All, all of her magic =3
She can also nullify almost-true-magic-command-seals, well...1
Not all of her magic. I mean, it won't seriously affect Saber at all, but it might scratch her and make Saber say "Hey, that tickles!", when Saber is inside Caster's territory.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »