Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 3, 2023 9:12 AM
Feb 2022
Dolor en todas partes. La madre de Hilda la ha borrado de su mente, y tuvo otra hija llamada Hilda. Y la hermana de Ange solo la llamo para intentar matarla. La vida es solo crueldad para las Norma.
Apr 18, 2023 2:09 PM
Jan 2019
Well, since i my childhood, i sympathized with demons, so i'm gonna be "devil's advocate again"

Think about Mana society. Since sometimes Norma babies are born, it is obvious that a lot of mothers would go insane trying to get their daughters back, regardless if they are norma. So obviously they have some sort of psychological treatment in those cases.
So, when Hilda's mother was mentally devastated, she probably got visited by a psychologist trained to "cure" people in this special case.

So imagine, after such devastating moment when Hilda got taken from her, she got visited by a therapist who said sweet words: 
"The real problem is that you considered that creature to be your daughter. But it was not. We basically saved you from wasting time to this dangerous creature. Sure it did look like a cute girl, so you got attached to it, but don't be delusional. You do know that Norma are not people, they do not belong in our society. I'm sure you can give a birth to an actual daughter. Stay strong."

She possibly declined such words initially, but over time she came to a realization "...maybe they are right. Sure she seemed like a lovable daughter... but maybe all those years i spent raising Hilda... i mean, this thing, were just me being delusional... i could not accept the fact that i have gave birth to norma, and she looked so indistinguishable form normal person, that i fell for it... i'm such a fool... now i see what is right. I shall give birth a new daughter, no, to a daughter, because that thing was not a daughter, it was just a spawn i have deluded myself to think of as my daughter... i shall give birth a real Hilda, and forget about that creature..."

Puts a new perspective to this situation, eh?

Obviously what she did was wrong. I nearly puked while watching this episode...  the fact that society can do this kind of think horrifies me, and i could not eat properly while watching this episode, even after a hour after watching this episode i still feel sick.  (What is funny, i can watch some sort of gore in anime or games, and it doesn't affect my stomach. In fact, i can look at some rotting zombie, yet also eating delicious food and feeling good. But when i see this kind of behaviour as in this episode, i feel very puke-y)

However, i just cannot hate those people. I just can't hate people in general. Because i always think about every person's reasoning. (Not to mention i have a friend with anger issues, and when she's angry she says very disgusting things to others, as she can emotionally traumatize someone during one of her tantrums, while also emotionally traumatizing herself by feeling guilty for what she does when she's angry, but she just cannot control herself. The more people i see the more i realize, that hatred towards people - is a double standart by itself)

Even if Hilda's mother would still believe in Hilda, where would it lead her life? She would also become a social outcast for sympathizing Normas. 
Tell me, would you ruin your own life just because you're attached to a "monster"? People always strive for their own personal well-being. 

Obviosuly i'm disgusted by how those people act towards Normas... but i'm more disgusted by commenters who admit that they would feel extreme pleasure when those norma-hating people of mana would get "comeuppance"...         So... it's basically, enjoying someone else's pain, and justifying it by "But they're evil people, i enjoy seeing evil people hurt!"... so it's basically saying that it's okay to enjoy watching when someone else suffers, as long as it's justified... as long as this person is a "monster"...

Sure it's different... people of Mana hate Normas because they're taught that Normas are monsters, so they enjoy hurting Normas... while you enjoy hurting those people, because the atrocities they do makes them monsters...         but in broad strokes it's the same... you think it's okay to hurt... monsters...

After all, Normas are like people. They have feelings, emotions. They do many good things, love each other, support each other. But the simple fact that they are Normas is enough to make them monsters. If they weren't normas, they would be normal people... that's how People of Mana think.
After all, People of Mana are people. They have feelings, emotions. They do many good things, love each other, support each other. But simple fact that they are tormenting Normas is enough to make them considered monsters in your eyes. If they did not torment Normas, they would be considered normal people... that's how you think.

I find it sad that people who hate this sort of thing are the people who commit this sort of thing the most...

...I realized why i felt so sick during this episode... because i was despised by what those people of mana did, but i could not bring myself to despise those people... because i cannot despise people. So the whole complex situation, where i just cannot make a definifive answer... is just puke-provoking... i still feel sick, my head hurts and stomach too as i keep thinking about it...
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.