Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 8 Discussion


Dec 11, 2014 7:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 28
Footsteps? Really?

Beware of RIN's FOOTSTEP. Where the WORLD SHAKES wherever she goes.
 
Dec 11, 2014 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
SwordHand said:
WrongPriest said:


Haha, Oh god that mental image. Just doing 360's for half an hour.

Actually I think something dislodged at just the second they came though, and her head just fell with nothing to hold it but skin and some smashed bone.


Like her body was barely hanging on in the first place and Rin's footsteps did the trick.


Nah, Rider uses the last of her remaining mana to fuck with some kids. That's why she disappears immediately afterwards.
 
Dec 11, 2014 7:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3382
Alviam099 said:
True, but it was way over the top. How MANY rotations Rider's head have gone through for Shirou and Rin to be able to see it? Crap.
well people were complaining about how this series wasnt dark and mature so they made it more disfigured to be more mature.
besides what do you think was going to happen when you mess with bad bad leeroy brown
 
Dec 11, 2014 7:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 807
Maloghurst said:
Alviam099 said:
True, but it was way over the top. How MANY rotations Rider's head have gone through for Shirou and Rin to be able to see it? Crap.
well people were complaining about how this series wasnt dark and mature so they made it more disfigured to be more mature.
besides what do you think was going to happen when you mess with bad bad leeroy brown


"And if you go down there, you better just beware..."


 
Dec 11, 2014 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3382
SwordHand said:
Maloghurst said:
well people were complaining about how this series wasnt dark and mature so they made it more disfigured to be more mature.
besides what do you think was going to happen when you mess with bad bad leeroy brown


"And if you go down there, you better just beware..."
he stands about 6 ft 4 all the ladies call him treetop lover..and all the men just call him sir
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6008
What?! Rider is dead already? And here I was, looking forward to her battle upgrades...
 
Dec 20, 2014 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
BurntJelly said:
What?! Rider is dead already? And here I was, looking forward to her battle upgrades...


Well, she had better Battle Upgrade herself a new spine.
 
Dec 20, 2014 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 159
WrongPriest said:
BurntJelly said:
What?! Rider is dead already? And here I was, looking forward to her battle upgrades...


Well, she had better Battle Upgrade herself a new spine.

 
Dec 20, 2014 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3382
BurntJelly said:
What?! Rider is dead already? And here I was, looking forward to her battle upgrades...
battle upgrades requires shinji to melt school full of students to fuel her with a good amount of mana...which was prevented. but all is well because this is just setup for something later....... Rider does have 2 other routes to shine, in one of which she is outright a main character.
 
Dec 20, 2014 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1310
Nice :D
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3959
Kaixe-Rho said:
WrongPriest said:


Well, she had better Battle Upgrade herself a new spine.


rofl

this was shit. I distinctively recall that in the VN Shirou commented on how some of the students' skin was melting. I saw NO melting skin. WTF is this shit?



0/10 adaption we're done here folks.



Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
Zadion said:

rofl

this was shit. I distinctively recall that in the VN Shirou commented on how some of the students' skin was melting. I saw NO melting skin. WTF is this shit?



0/10 adaption we're done here folks.


Hehehe, you sound a bit like fai.

As for your question


and yes we were sad about the lack of melting face too :(
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 3382
WrongPriest said:
Zadion said:

rofl

this was shit. I distinctively recall that in the VN Shirou commented on how some of the students' skin was melting. I saw NO melting skin. WTF is this shit?



0/10 adaption we're done here folks.


Hehehe, you sound a bit like fai.

As for your question


and yes we were sad about the lack of melting face too :(
melting faces would have been better but i was fine with the convulsing and the shock. something tells me the DVD ver is gona have melting faces for some reason..
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3959
WrongPriest said:
Zadion said:

rofl

this was shit. I distinctively recall that in the VN Shirou commented on how some of the students' skin was melting. I saw NO melting skin. WTF is this shit?



0/10 adaption we're done here folks.


Hehehe, you sound a bit like fai.

As for your question


and yes we were sad about the lack of melting face too :(

pretty legit answer actually, but I was (mostly) being sarcastic if that wasn't obvious. If there's anything to complain about, it'd be the lack of important monologues (obviously), the lack of importance placed on how much Shirou is copying Archer (such as with the VN screenshots fateoffate posted on the first page), and Shirou overall not being portrayed as well as he should be.

Also, Shinji is being portrayed more as someone creepy and less as someone scummy. Like, leaving out that Taiga was passed out on the floor and Shinji laughing about it.

Okay yeah this episode really could've been adapted better. Points for Rider's death though.



Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 807
Zadion said:
WrongPriest said:


Hehehe, you sound a bit like fai.

As for your question


and yes we were sad about the lack of melting face too :(

pretty legit answer actually, but I was (mostly) being sarcastic if that wasn't obvious. If there's anything to complain about, it'd be the lack of important monologues (obviously), the lack of importance placed on how much Shirou is copying Archer (such as with the VN screenshots fateoffate posted on the first page), and Shirou overall not being portrayed as well as he should be.

Also, Shinji is being portrayed more as someone creepy and less as someone scummy. Like, leaving out that Taiga was passed out on the floor and Shinji laughing about it.

Okay yeah this episode really could've been adapted better. Points for Rider's death though.


I think one of the points somebody brought up (it was either here, 4chan, or reddit. Can't remember for the life of me) was that the lack of facemelt had to do with rating or airing restrictions.


 
Dec 20, 2014 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317


Ahhh ya got me. We've not given up on monologues just yet, but it seems like they're going for a different approach on the Shirou front, perhaps making it more Animeable?

It's sad when it changes the context of a scene or simply fails to show Shirou's intentions behind an act when it was made abundantly clear in the VN, but they do a good job changing changing intentions into Visual shtuff.. when they can.

Just pray to god they do the[spoiler]Shirou/Archer confrontation right. Shirou's thoughts in that are essential.
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 2432
WrongPriest said:


Ahhh ya got me. We've not given up on monologues just yet, but it seems like they're going for a different approach on the Shirou front, perhaps making it more Animeable?

It's sad when it changes the context of a scene or simply fails to show Shirou's intentions behind an act when it was made abundantly clear in the VN, but they do a good job changing changing intentions into Visual shtuff.. when they can.

Just pray to god they do the[spoiler]Shirou/Archer confrontation right. Shirou's thoughts in that are essential.
[/quote]

Back in the day, that would be considered "nitpicking".
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3959
WrongPriest said:
Ahhh ya got me. We've not given up on monologues just yet, but it seems like they're going for a different approach on the Shirou front, perhaps making it more Animeable?

Animeable? no clue what that's even supposed to mean o_0



Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 807
Zadion said:
WrongPriest said:
Ahhh ya got me. We've not given up on monologues just yet, but it seems like they're going for a different approach on the Shirou front, perhaps making it more Animeable?

Animeable? no clue what that's even supposed to mean o_0


More fitting for an anime? There isn't a term for it so he's just wordcrafting


 
Dec 20, 2014 7:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 3959
SwordHand said:
Zadion said:

Animeable? no clue what that's even supposed to mean o_0


More fitting for an anime? There isn't a term for it so he's just wordcrafting

I understood that, but, I mean, why would Shirou need to be changed to be more fitting for an anime? Because it's impossible for modern anime to actually have good protagonists so he needs to be dumbed down so he doesn't overwhelm the brain dread masses? lol

If it's about the monologues then I understand, but
1) even if they can't go to the extent the VN did, at least a few more of the most important monologues could be included, and
2) there are ways to include the content of the monologues without actually making them monologues, for example Shirou could explain to Saber why he was copying Archer's style.



Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm
 
Dec 20, 2014 7:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 807
Zadion said:
SwordHand said:


More fitting for an anime? There isn't a term for it so he's just wordcrafting

I understood that, but, I mean, why would Shirou need to be changed to be more fitting for an anime? Because it's impossible for modern anime to actually have good protagonists so he needs to be dumbed down so he doesn't overwhelm the brain dread masses? lol

If it's about the monologues then I understand, but
1) even if they can't go to the extent the VN did, at least a few more of the most important monologues could be included, and
2) there are ways to include the content of the monologues without actually making them monologues, for example Shirou explaining to Saber why he was copying Archer's style.


1. Conveniance.
2. Monologues aren't very good when you're running on time constraints.
3. Explaining your inner thoughts directly to others and motives out loud is a mechanism really only used in theater. It's poor storytelling, and Shirou isn't a very open person in terms of his secrets.
4. Voice in the head is 1 way to do the monologues, but the director probably didn't like it. He's probably a proponent of "show not tell".

Basically, they would have done it differently in another medium.


 
Dec 21, 2014 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17554
Zadion said:
WrongPriest said:


Hehehe, you sound a bit like fai.

As for your question


and yes we were sad about the lack of melting face too :(

pretty legit answer actually, but I was (mostly) being sarcastic if that wasn't obvious. If there's anything to complain about, it'd be the lack of important monologues (obviously), the lack of importance placed on how much Shirou is copying Archer (such as with the VN screenshots fateoffate posted on the first page), and Shirou overall not being portrayed as well as he should be.

Also, Shinji is being portrayed more as someone creepy and less as someone scummy. Like, leaving out that Taiga was passed out on the floor and Shinji laughing about it.

Okay yeah this episode really could've been adapted better. Points for Rider's death though.
The Taiga scene is in Fate route.
 
Dec 21, 2014 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
SwordHand said:
Zadion said:

I understood that, but, I mean, why would Shirou need to be changed to be more fitting for an anime? Because it's impossible for modern anime to actually have good protagonists so he needs to be dumbed down so he doesn't overwhelm the brain dread masses? lol

If it's about the monologues then I understand, but
1) even if they can't go to the extent the VN did, at least a few more of the most important monologues could be included, and
2) there are ways to include the content of the monologues without actually making them monologues, for example Shirou explaining to Saber why he was copying Archer's style.


1. Conveniance.
2. Monologues aren't very good when you're running on time constraints.
3. Explaining your inner thoughts directly to others and motives out loud is a mechanism really only used in theater. It's poor storytelling, and Shirou isn't a very open person in terms of his secrets.
4. Voice in the head is 1 way to do the monologues, but the director probably didn't like it. He's probably a proponent of "show not tell".

Basically, they would have done it differently in another medium.

It ha snothing to do with medium

SAO2 handled monologues brilliantly and managed to trim them correctly.
 
Dec 28, 2014 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 464
wanted to see Rider more.. she's really hot..was..
 
Dec 28, 2014 11:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 132
pride95 said:
wanted to see Rider more.. she's really hot..was..


You just have to wait for the Heaven's Feel movie(s).
 
Dec 28, 2014 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 464
xcllnt said:
pride95 said:
wanted to see Rider more.. she's really hot..was..


You just have to wait for the Heaven's Feel movie(s).

I was reffering to this route.
But can't help it..

Also, Caster is surprisingly powerful unlike Fate/Zero route.
 
Dec 28, 2014 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9046
pride95 said:
xcllnt said:


You just have to wait for the Heaven's Feel movie(s).

I was reffering to this route.
But can't help it..

Also, Caster is surprisingly powerful unlike Fate/Zero route.


Zero Caster was powerful. He summoned fucking
. You understand whowhat that is right?



Ofc, Cheiba curbstomped it, before turning into Jeanne boomand saving him^
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 28, 2014 12:15 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10803
So Lala, why are you going spoiler happy in the episode threads again? -.-
 
Jan 14, 2015 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
I just rewatch this episode.

And 10/10 for this subtle scene. Just perfect.

And Shirou, you are a pervert...

http://imgur.com/a/Xt4YD
 
Jan 14, 2015 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
chickenonthepan said:
I just rewatch this episode.

And 10/10 for this subtle scene. Just perfect.

And Shirou, you are a pervert...

http://imgur.com/a/Xt4YD


Rin + Sandwich. Irresistible.

Saber gets all the sandwiches and They don't even pay attention to her.

Defiantly UBW route.
 
Jan 14, 2015 8:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
WrongPriest said:


Rin + Sandwich. Irresistible.

Saber gets all the sandwiches and They don't even pay attention to her.

Defiantly UBW route.


Nah, pay more attention, pal.

Shirou looks at the red pepper. Then he looks at Rin's lips for a quite long time. Then he eats it while closing his eyes, imagining something.
Modified by Just_Chicken, Jan 14, 2015 8:33 AM
 
Jan 14, 2015 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
chickenonthepan said:
WrongPriest said:


Rin + Sandwich. Irresistible.

Saber gets all the sandwiches and They don't even pay attention to her.

Defiantly UBW route.


Nah, pay more attention, pal.

Shirou looks at the red pepper. Then he looks at Rin's lips. Then he eats it.


Haha you sound like Brock and his doughnuts, that's no chilli bro. It's one of those weiner things (or do they actually have squid in them, now I'm confused lol. gaijin/10)

You're just unraveling this story aren't you? Can't wait till we get to the end and find out every single one of Shirou monologues was typed in micro font and woven into the backgrounds.
 
Jan 14, 2015 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
WrongPriest said:

Haha you sound like Brock and his doughnuts, that's no chilli bro. It's one of those weiner things (or do they actually have squid in them, now I'm confused lol. gaijin/10)

You're just unraveling this story aren't you? Can't wait till we get to the end and find out every single one of Shirou monologues was typed in micro font and woven into the backgrounds.


Well, I really love reading subtle visual cue like this.

And Shirou associate Rin with red color, so that should add something to it. :p
 
Jan 14, 2015 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
It was a good catch lol, are you rewatching it frame by frame or something? XD
 
Jan 14, 2015 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
WrongPriest said:
It was a good catch lol, are you rewatching it frame by frame or something? XD


Uhm no. It's a long silent moment. So I pay more attention to the visual. It's not that hard to catch.
 
Jan 14, 2015 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 936
CookingPriest said:
SwordHand said:


1. Conveniance.
2. Monologues aren't very good when you're running on time constraints.
3. Explaining your inner thoughts directly to others and motives out loud is a mechanism really only used in theater. It's poor storytelling, and Shirou isn't a very open person in terms of his secrets.
4. Voice in the head is 1 way to do the monologues, but the director probably didn't like it. He's probably a proponent of "show not tell".

Basically, they would have done it differently in another medium.

It ha snothing to do with medium

SAO2 handled monologues brilliantly and managed to trim them correctly.


But if you have a very big difference between adapting a light novel and a visual novel, Fai. You tend to forget that. Fate VN is mostly composed of the narrative monologue characters, while SAO II comes from a Novel light that follows the basic pattern of writing to LNs

And you might want to kick my ass, but I could not see all this immense manipulation monologues of characters that you say have in the series, which to me keeps the characters, at least, with two-dimensional development and that still annoys me in many ways, but you deal with your very personal pleasure in these reviews, and well, I admit that SAO II is fun to watch.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
 
Jan 14, 2015 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Ugh, so cringe. Rin ''comedic/blushy/romance'' scenes, continue to be extremely awkward and unpleasant. It kinda ruins my image of her a bit.

Damn, I can't believe Rider is dead. I want to know the identity of the other masters so bad. Decent episode.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17554
The series doesnt care about the totally wrong image you and others have for Rin.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3459
I don't know why everyone wants Rin to be Tokiomi 2.0
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
nocorras said:
I don't know why everyone wants Rin to be Tokiomi 2.0

I don't. That guy was chill though (even if not that interesting), loved his voice actor.

On a more serious note. It's okay if she is not composed and clam all the time, it's just her scenes with Shirou are cringe-worthy, like a generic rom/com. I'm all for seeing a soft/funny side of her, just not necessarily with Shirou.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Well, I honestly think that sometimes Ufotable went overboard with the tsundereness/blushing of Rin. They tried too hard to make her cute, I guess?
Modified by Ston3_FreeN7, Jan 14, 2015 11:33 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 292
She moves too much
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
insan3Inquisitor said:
Well, I honestly think that sometimes Ufotable went overboard with the tsundereness/blushing of Rin myself.

Problem is that there has to be something to replace shirou going "heh heh rin looks like she's going to murder me (she's pretty hot though)"

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
KeyToCourage said:
She moves too much

Dat skirt though..

Yummy.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
insan3Inquisitor said:
Well, I honestly think that sometimes Ufotable went overboard with the tsundereness/blushing of Rin. They tried too hard to make her cute, I guess?


I don't think it is too much she only behaves that way around Shirou for obvious reasons in that his trolling behavior throws her off her gameand she can't act as insensitive as she pretends to be around others.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21924
insan3Inquisitor said:
Well, I honestly think that sometimes Ufotable went overboard with the tsundereness/blushing of Rin. They tried too hard to make her cute, I guess?
Director is a Rinfag. That's why.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
CookingPriest said:
insan3Inquisitor said:
Well, I honestly think that sometimes Ufotable went overboard with the tsundereness/blushing of Rin. They tried too hard to make her cute, I guess?


I don't think it is too much she only behaves that way around Shirou for obvious reasons in that his trolling behavior throws her off her gameand she can't act as insensitive as she pretends to be around others.


I don't have a problem with her being a tsundere/blushing and all that, I just think the way it's presented is a little overboard. Basically, it's a problem I have with the anime. I think they've over-emphasized Saber's cuteness, also.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:42 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10803
StrayBotato said:
insan3Inquisitor said:
Well, I honestly think that sometimes Ufotable went overboard with the tsundereness/blushing of Rin. They tried too hard to make her cute, I guess?
Director is a Rinfag. That's why.

Honestly, i'm inclined to agree. It's thankfully not as much as DEEN's directors obsession with Saber, though.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17554
nocorras said:
I don't know why everyone wants Rin to be Tokiomi 2.0
Because then she wouldnt end up with Shirou, blushing in every scene.
 
Jan 14, 2015 11:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 8307
The entire point of tokiomi was to be really boring. That was his character.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
 
Top
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »