Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2014 7:14 AM

Feb 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems to me like it has a weird pace.
Also, its not clear to me what its trying to say.
Futa-chin_KosukiNov 29, 2014 7:17 AM
Apr 23, 2016 3:10 AM

Dec 2015
The light content might lead to consider this OAV as pointless but for me it was very charming and easy to follow.
It also features sketches of messages without ever really using them. I think it is an appreciable idea because of the certain lack of space a 28minutes animation would suffer if it was simultaneously filled with a story and two fully integrated expressed opinions.

The art (what a good surprise to discover it was from Takada right after the title), music and ambiance made for a nice presentation for this little story. I watched because of the presence of Moshizuki and Kawaii in the credits and was not disappointed. Sure, those 30 minutes could feel anecdotal but I enjoyed them.
5/5

edit: Is this strangely detailed mirror reflection CGI? (despite the look, I'm impressed to see how it blended with the cellulo animation)
Rei_IIIApr 23, 2016 3:50 AM
Mar 23, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
I'm humbled to be amongst the few living souls to have witnessed this project. I admit, it's nothing special... but nonetheless, it probably still took a lot of time to create (only to be buried by time and oblivion).

Not to mention it was made over 40 years ago. This is some REAL old media. And funnily enough, there was a scene from the 2030's in it, a decade ahead of modern day March 2020. Interesting, interesting.

I didn't really follow the plot too well. It was slightly complex.

Nevertheless, the animation is fantastic. I loved the vivid, red, evening skies. Retro Japan is very pretty.
removed-userOct 1, 2020 1:20 AM
Mar 23, 2020 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Side note, I love the way these two reviewers described the OVA’s:

Singan

Twilight Q is an interesting albeit largely forgotten OVA produced back in 1987. Originally, it was supposed to be a showcase for young talents in the industry; alas, only 2 episodes were made before the project was abandoned due to low sales, and the anime ultimately sunk into oblivion.

Terajima

What I liked most about this is its naturalness; strange things happen, but everything is told without resorting to the formulas of this type of stories. The colors and the animation are beautiful, the ambiance too, and despite playing with multiple historical moments, the aesthetics of the 80's is always preserved; it doesn't play at any time to guess what the future will be like, or how the past was.
Apr 27, 2020 11:59 PM

Sep 2014
Don't really know what to think about this one
While it was enjoyable thoughout and presented some interesting ideas it doesn't feel like it ever really did anything amazing with them

It wasn't bad or anything either though

I can see why time forgot this one, but seeing 80s style anime never gets tiring for me so here I am lel
May 17, 2020 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
Loved it :p

There are some things like poorly transitioned scenes, but loved the drawings - everything and everyone looks so aesthetic and 'warm', loved the plot..

looked up Gonyaulax red tide, it does look like earth is bleeding

Loved the ending song..

I loved the subway scene where the background (behind the window) is also animated when the train is slowing down and speeding up.. it's not something we usually get to see.. and the usage of Dutch angles when Mayu travels across time.
Nov 15, 2022 12:44 AM

Aug 2017
Interesting to see some things here - namely the Feb 26 incident, the strange white-dressed girl, Mako Hyodo...Oshii-sms, but it seems it's entirely Kazunori Ito's brainchild here (unlike the 2nd episode). I loved the mood of the episode even though it's doesn't have to time to develop the mystery well. Bonus points for "buying" Kiwako with a piece of strawberry xD
Oct 31, 2023 3:42 AM

Apr 2015
Time travel always hooks me in, So this one was a rather good watch.
So she basically travelled from the present to the past and then the future and then back to the past.
Hahaha Nifty!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Twilight Q Episode 2 Discussion

Futa-chin_Kosuki - Nov 29, 2014

12 by Biisoo »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:19 AM

» Interesting blog

removed-user - Oct 1, 2020

0 by removed-user »»
Oct 1, 2020 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.