Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 1, 2014 7:04 AM

Aug 2014
Not really digging this second half, but that last part was interesting.
Dec 1, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
They made it- and my tears just won't stop.
Dec 1, 2014 8:23 AM

Jun 2012
It got boring after Kirito left :/
Dec 1, 2014 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
TSM_Flux said:
Some insight as to what Kirito actually did from user J3N0V4 on reddit:

A quick note about the magic cutting that Kirito did just to make it even cooler.
In ALO all magic has hit boxes about the size of a bullet right in the middle of the particle effects. Now a lot of people in ALO could in theory cut them or deflect them without too much hassle however they all have magic typing meaning that they cannot be damaged by any non-elemental damage like a normal sword swing so most of the time even if you cut it your sword would not stop the magic.

Now Kirito of course realises this and what do we remember from the last arc, sword skills at a certain level add elemental damage which allows them to cut the magic however to do this you would have to use the correct sword skill to cut them at exactly the right moment as sword skills over ride manual control and make you do the skill exactly as it was written meaning that our friend Kirito had predicted the path the spells would take and selected the exact sword skill that would do enough elemental damage in the right places to destroy the spells.

#BasedKirito

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:
BADASS 9000
Dec 1, 2014 10:02 AM
Nov 2009
Yuuki and Asuna being siblings made me wat.

We´ll I guess I understand now why the opening showed 2 girls growing up.
Dec 1, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2014
nameskizo said:

I'm guessing they're not related. I think Asuna reminds Yuuki of someone along the lines of a sister or her actual sister. We shall find out next week.
Dec 1, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2014
nameskizo said:

Uuuh we'd know if Asuna has siblings, I'd think.
InsertanamehereDec 1, 2014 10:51 AM
Dec 1, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
nameskizo said:

Uuuh we'd know if Asuna has siblings, Yuuki's reasons for calling her sister and why there were two girls will be revealed soon.

Not unless even ASuna did not know about her existing.

Its a very valid speculation tbh :)
Dec 1, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
Just beautiful. Simply perfect ;_;
Recent episodes gives me back first season epic feelings.
Dec 1, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2014
No arc is better then the first arc first season, Don´t even feel anything in this arc yet anyway. ( okey the ending theme). 24 eps remake with own content and slower pace/ drama/ action & death and romance.. That would be interesting.
Dec 1, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Uuuh we'd know if Asuna has siblings, Yuuki's reasons for calling her sister and why there were two girls will be revealed soon.

I can't see why Asuna wouldn't know about her, though?
Sweanime said:
No arc is better then the first arc first season, Don´t even feel anything in this arc yet anyway. ( okey the ending theme). 24 eps remake with own content and slower pace/ drama/ action & death and romance.. That would be interesting.

I'd say; MR>PB>Aincrad>FD
Just because there's no action, death or romance, none of which are major parts of SAO, doesn't mean the arc is worse.
Dec 1, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
Which kind of problems or secrets does Yuuki has. I really want to know
Dec 1, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
CookingPriest said:

I can't see why Asuna wouldn't know about her, though?
Sweanime said:

I'd say; MR>PB>Aincrad>FD
Just because there's no action, death or romance, none of which are major parts of SAO, doesn't mean the arc is worse.

Well it´s only me. I feel plain when i see the rest. Not saying it´s bad but for just me the rest of the show feel plain. But good enought to still watch it :)
Dec 1, 2014 11:18 AM

Aug 2014
ehhhhhhh¤???
Dec 1, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
The ep was great, but my friends that had read the novel said that the ending will make me cry, so I'll just wait till the rest airs, and lock myself to watch those 3 eps that are left.
Dec 1, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
lt1412 said:

Bonus: Instead of Yuuki it is that all members of the Sleeping knights are children of Asunas mother and they always came late collectively!

Sounds.......legit..... >.>
Dec 1, 2014 11:59 AM
Apr 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
lt1412 said:

Bonus: Instead of Yuuki it is that all members of the Sleeping knights are children of Asunas mother and they always came late collectively!

A bunch of berserks healers... oh god.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
InsertPriestHere said:

A bunch of berserks healers... oh god.

This... is... madness... O.O
Dec 1, 2014 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
damn and i actually had high expectations but this season doesnt seem to get any better. no idea how they expect me to have sympathies for character dramas if i only know them for 2 episodes and they just stay blank and uninteresting. maybe the creator should have played an actual mmo too before making it the main theme.
Dec 1, 2014 1:23 PM
Apr 2014
ROGUEonDUTY said:
damn and i actually had high expectations but this season doesnt seem to get any better. no idea how they expect me to have sympathies for character dramas if i only know them for 2 episodes and they just stay blank and uninteresting. maybe the creator should have played an actual mmo too before making it the main theme.

MMO isn't the main theme.

Dec 1, 2014 1:55 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode :)
nice team work and awesome boss fight,
Yukki were amazing, that ending i feel bad for her.
Dec 1, 2014 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
ROGUEonDUTY said:

Except MMO's aren't the main theme.
Dec 1, 2014 2:24 PM
Feb 2014
ROGUEonDUTY said:

Well salmon and Reyxe already said the main point but just one thing: Reki Kawahara was and is a big fan of both Ultima Online and Ragnarok Online so yeah he already played MMOs...
Dec 1, 2014 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
lt1412 said:
You read it here first:
Yuuki is the illegitimate child of Asuna's mother! We will see a dramatic story unfolding:
The siblings do not know of each other and the mother tries to keep it like that so in order to keep this facade up the mother has to eat dinner with both of them at different times: with Yuuki at 5pm and with Asuna at 6pm! Now we get a little flashback:
In the past Yuuki was a little rascal who knew everything about Asuna and tried to find a way to passive aggressively reveal the evil plot of her mother -she decided to come too late for their 5pm dinner, so the mother couldn't make it her dinner with Asuna. The mother however found out about Yuukis intentions and saw immediately that now the plan to have dinner with both of them was endangered. Yuukis behaviour hurt the mother on a profound emotional level, which is why the mother now forces Yuuki to abandon her gaming habit!
Back to the present we have seen that Asusa starts to become a naughty girl and comes late for 6pm dinner, which is why the mother is about to make Asuna quit gaming too.
Everything will resolve peacefully in the last episode when then they promise to be punctual and have dinner at 4pm all three of them from then on.

Sounds about right
Dec 1, 2014 2:46 PM
Dec 2013
love this arc so far. cant wait to see how it ends.
Dec 1, 2014 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
I'm surprised people still think the "main theme" of SAO is video games...
Dec 1, 2014 4:09 PM
Apr 2014
BotatoPriest said:

I'm surprised people still think SAO is better than SAO2.

Dec 1, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2013
Reyxe said:
BotatoPriest said:

> No deaths
> No action

There goes the majority of season 1 fans.

> It's called SAO
Already hated by many.

Yeah, SAO II loses this time, which is sad since it's miles above previous almost-trainwreck anime
Dec 1, 2014 4:37 PM
Apr 2014
BotatoPriest said:
Reyxe said:

> No deaths
> No action

There goes the majority of season 1 fans.

> It's called SAO
Already hated by many.

Yeah, SAO II loses this time, which is sad since it's miles above previous almost-trainwreck anime

It's fun cause rate dropped from 8 to 7.90 because of Caliber, 3 "boring" episodes and now, 3 great episodes, still 7.90, MAL PLS

Dec 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2012
I got so many Yuuki X Asuna vibes on this episode.

But yet Yuuki keeps calling her sis?

Uhh *Confused* Doesn't matter but better not be lame explanation.
Dec 1, 2014 5:27 PM

Mar 2014
Yuuki was a BAMF.

[spoiler]

Dec 1, 2014 7:14 PM
Jul 2018
msantiago49 said:
Yuuki was a BAMF.

[spoiler]

[/quote]
Is that pic from Black Rock SHooter?
Anyways, yeah SAOII is WAYYY better than SAO I, but people hate it cause its a good story this time. Well that sucks. WOnder what people will say about future arcs?
Dec 1, 2014 7:25 PM
Apr 2014
salmon3669 said:
msantiago49 said:
Yuuki was a BAMF.

[spoiler]

Anyways, yeah SAOII is WAYYY better than SAO I, but people hate it cause its a good story this time. Well that sucks. WOnder what people will say about future arcs?[/quote]

Kirito centric arc... yep, i can totally see the hate.

Dec 2, 2014 9:05 AM

Sep 2013
salmon3669 said:
msantiago49 said:
Yuuki was a BAMF.

[spoiler]

Anyways, yeah SAOII is WAYYY better than SAO I, but people hate it cause its a good story this time. Well that sucks. WOnder what people will say about future arcs?[/quote]

people probably hate it because its NOT a good story, they implemented even more clichés and absolutely no focus.
Dec 2, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2014
ROGUEonDUTY said:
salmon3669 said:

Anyways, yeah SAOII is WAYYY better than SAO I, but people hate it cause its a good story this time. Well that sucks. WOnder what people will say about future arcs?

people probably hate it because its NOT a good story, they implemented even more clichés and absolutely no focus.[/quote]
No.
SAOII is objectively better than SAOI in every way.
It's the simple fact that S1 fans don't get what they expected, and the haters from before carry over, lowering score more.
The story, characters and even animation are better.
Dec 2, 2014 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
ROGUEonDUTY said:

people probably hate it because its NOT a good story, they implemented even more clichés and absolutely no focus.

No.
SAOII is objectively better than SAOI in every way.
It's the simple fact that S1 fans don't get what they expected, and the haters from before carry over, lowering score more.
The story, characters and even animation are better.[/quote]

no doubt about the animation, i mean the quality in general got better of course (same for the music, soundtrack n' stuff). but you have to realize here that only because you like the show doesnt mean that the critics are wrong.
Dec 2, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
The thing that makes no sense is people are judging the whole arc and it's not even complete. Once you see the whole arc you will understand the importance and the message the author is making.
Dec 2, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
Bomb2chest said:
The thing that makes no sense is people are judging the whole arc and it's not even complete. Once you see the whole arc you will understand the importance and the message the author is making.

lets look at the ggo-arc then. they spend a lot of episodes and time to introduce a character thats again cliché and boring and completely irrelevant by the next arc.

the twist/question about who the culprit (death gun) was stupid too. you try to get the viewers interest by implying a character we know from the previous season...then they fk us up and just take a random character that from the previous episode and that acts without a trace of logic or intellect.
Dec 2, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2014
ROGUEonDUTY said:
Bomb2chest said:

lets look at the ggo-arc then. they spend a lot of episodes and time to introduce a character thats again cliché and boring and completely irrelevant by the next arc.

the twist/question about who the culprit (death gun) was stupid too. you try to get the viewers interest by implying a character we know from the previous season...then they fk us up and just take a random character that from the previous episode and that acts without a trace of logic or intellect.

*Sigh*
And here I told myself I'd stop discussing.
Well, here we go;
Sinon is a deeper character than any of the other girls. Tell me, what do they have that makes her more cliche than them?
And Sinon actually was in the next arc, if you didn't notice (Caliber) and she will remain relevant.

Furthermore, one of Death Gun's three enactors is said to have escaped, so that's clearly leading to something.
Uh yeah, Shinakawa was an idiot, but so was Sugou.
Oh, and I guess, again, because the first anime wasn't adapted right you wouldn't know this, but two of Death Gun's culprits does appear in Aincrad, in the murder case episode. They're the leaders two henchmen in that scene. Shinakawa the elder is also supposed to make a comment to Kirito about his horse and how he'll kill him on one next time blahblahblah foredshadowing.
Dec 2, 2014 10:29 AM

Sep 2014
ROGUEonDUTY said:
Bomb2chest said:

Honestly I thought her character was a great addition and she does appear in later arcs(caliber etc). The trauma she had and how she tried to escape it imo was not cliche. I believe they captured the trauma very well in GGO. Even Kirito's trauma was shown and showed what he had to live with.

I just recently read the volumes up until MR(side story volume afterwards also). The death gun characters played a big role in the murder case story. GGO itself is way better adapted than Anicrad. The foreshadowing they gave in the LN was nonexistent in the anime. Example would be how Red Eyes made a comment to Kirito saying he will hunt him down one day on a horse. GGO has it's faults don't get me wrong but was adapted way better than Anicrad.
Dec 2, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2011
Nice fight, nicely done with the interaction between Yuuki and Asuna. Especially the end, with Yuuki switching between (nearly) crying and grinning over both ears, with Asuna having no idea whats going on at all.

As i tried to avoid the worst spoilers, and didn't read the novel i do not really have an idea whats going on, either. Let's see if i can keep that up until the shoe drops in the anime itself..

Also, i like SAO II a bit better than SAO. The Excalibur arc was a bit weird, and unfortunately GGO doesn't really tie in with the rest - yet? - but the rest is on par with the early SAO episodes (before they joined KoB, and Alfheim was weird, similar to the Excailbur arc).
Dec 2, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm, so is Yuuki Asuna's long lost (dying) sister or something? Interesting.

Dec 2, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
Well that Boss thingo was over fast. Still kinda confused why Yukki was fighting everyone when they picked Asuna and made her a healer.
Dec 3, 2014 2:31 AM
Feb 2014
exLightning said:
Well that Boss thingo was over fast. Still kinda confused why Yukki was fighting everyone when they picked Asuna and made her a healer.

They never MADE her a healer, she became on of her own accord, as she saw that the balance of Yuuki's party was not 100% and another vanguard or attacker would have collapsed it completely.

Yuuki and her party thought they just needed more DPS to finally win, while Asuna saw that this strategy was all-or-nothing and she wanted to go with a safer way.

They're win right now showed that it was a good change :P
Dec 3, 2014 4:37 AM
Apr 2014
3 episodes to go! Love this episode even though it still feels so fast.
Dec 3, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
That boss battle was pretty awesome..and the animation was COOL! I also got the chance to listen to my fave SAO OST Luminous Sword!! >o</

Aaaq~ look..they`re holding hands..Soo cuute~ >///<

I wonder what are they hiding from Asuna..maybe we`ll find out in the next episode...by the looks of it,it seems like there will be some drama going on..Why did Yuuki cry at the end and logged out? I wanna know! :))
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Dec 3, 2014 2:35 PM

Nov 2013
I had thought SAO threads would be calmer now that we are 21 episodes in. Guess not.

To try and put things back on track, this episode hinted at a few things/twists which got me curious. I already started speculating and I'm having fun doing that (I spoiled GGO for myself so I couldn't do that in first cour)..

Anyway, currently what I am thinking is:

I'd appreciate LN readers NOT spelling out if I'm right or wrong though as that might ruin it.
Dec 3, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2011

The one who should apologize is the writer of the show who ruined the story and the characters.

It's called having a different taste.

Mod Edit: Removed bait
TyrelDec 3, 2014 11:23 PM
Dec 3, 2014 4:25 PM

Nov 2013
willardhwright said:

The one who should apologize is the writer of the show who ruined the story and the characters.

It's called having a different taste.

The show was butchered; there is no "different taste" argument here.

TyrelDec 3, 2014 11:23 PM
Dec 3, 2014 4:46 PM
Apr 2014
HandsomeMan said:
willardhwright said:

It's called having a different taste. Someone like you won't comprehend what that actually means though.

The show was butchered; there is no "different taste" argument here.

How was it butchered? give a proper reason, you are only saying its bad but not giving any reason to think that way.

TyrelDec 3, 2014 11:22 PM

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.