Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Dec 2011
I still don't get why Yuuki is acting that way. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
that kirito blocking magic with his sword was epic. good adaptation from light novel for once! i want a gif of that :D
Nov 29, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2007
SansrivaaL said:
first page full of Kirito haters lol.
Kirito was fckin amazing holding of those guys without a healer, I mean he was up against swordsmans/tankers/spellcasters and only 5 I think were left lol. If he had someone healing him like Leafa he would have owned and probably would have been the one opening the door not those 5 idiots.

No most of them were left intact.

Kirito lasted for ~3mins and then got killed alongside Klein.
Nov 29, 2014 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
Didn't see Kirito's fight thumbs down.

Overall though, the episode had good moments. Not a big fan of the the season 2 drama however.
Nov 29, 2014 7:35 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Not much Kirito, but impressive animation.
It's pretty obvious where this is headed.
Nov 29, 2014 7:40 PM

May 2013
Here we have Kirito cutting down magic like a boss. Oh, Klein's also here.

The Sleeping Knights have nice teamwork. And they beat the boss too.
Asuna is fast while Yuuki is OP.
Hooray, their names are on the Swordman's Memorial. (^_^)

Seems like Yuuki HAD a sister before and Asuna seems to resemble Yuuki's sister.
And now she's crying.
I feel like I'm about to ride a feels train. (T_T)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 29, 2014 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
wearing the most powerful sword at ALO as sub weapon, only Kirito..

can't wait for the feels that many people're talking about..
Nov 29, 2014 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
Hot dang! Yuuki is officially my new favorite character in all of Sword Art Online. I thought Yuuki calling Asuna Nee-chan was cute and I wanted her to keeping doing so. But what is the issue with the Sleeping Knights? What's wrong with Yuuki? I AM SO CONFUSED!!!
Nov 29, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2014
Not a bad episode. The fights were pretty enjoyable, good dialogue and a little cliffhanger. It did get annoying with all the teasing about the mystery of Sleeping Knights and Yuuki, but guess we'll find out what happens next time. I really like Asuna, so much better Sinon...

The battle OST is amazing. You can hate SAO all you want, but the tracks are an undeniable strength of the anime.

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 29, 2014 8:17 PM

Aug 2013
Damn that was cool.

Yuuki and especially Asuna tore shit up in the PvP sector. Asuna has obtained god mode.

Yuuki rekt the boss at the end. Kirito and Klein were also rekt at some point. After putting up a hell of a fight I'm sure.

Drama bombs dropped constantly at the second half. From the time they left the boss room till the very end everyone was hiding some pretty big secrets. Of course this is gonna lead to some kind of feels trip by the end.
Nov 29, 2014 8:18 PM

Apr 2010
I got way too excited for Klein's small cameo. >__<
Nov 29, 2014 8:26 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Another great episode. Was tearing up a bit, remenbering stuff... and by the end even let some tears.
Yuuki is SAO's best girl, she can even built a harem of her own!
Nov 29, 2014 8:26 PM

Jun 2007

If that's the case then it's way too obvious and Asuna should have pieced it together by now.

I've disliked this season ever since they ended the Gun Art arc. I feel like no effort has been put into making this interesting anymore. "Oh there's a quest lets go do it! YA!". There's no more sense of danger anymore.
Nov 29, 2014 8:38 PM

Sep 2014
DeathfireD said:

If that's the case then it's way too obvious and Asuna should have pieced it together by now.

I've disliked this season ever since they ended the Gun Art arc. I feel like no effort has been put into making this interesting anymore. "Oh there's a quest lets go do it! YA!". There's no more sense of danger anymore.

The show is not about the sense of danger though. The sense of danger came from VR which is what the show is clearly about. Not everything needs to be about danger. Danger, death etc can be present and not be harmful to everyone but a select few.
Nov 29, 2014 8:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The fight wasn't too long, Asuna caught its weak spot and changed the strategy. Kirito makes a brief apperance and pawns the other group. I'm wondering how to these guys now know who Kirito is. He beat Death Gun, and is current champ along with Sinon in BoB. They were surprised he dodged those moves easily with his sword.

The arc is coming to a close, Zekken obviously is hiding something from Asuna. The tears at the end left Asuna in a confused expression.

Only 3 eps left and next episode says "Journeys End". The arc could conclude in ep 23 and ep 24 could be used as a filler. That's only if the show were to conclude in the next 2 episodes.

Nov 29, 2014 8:50 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
PriestSlayer said:
Amazing episode, The Sleeping Knights completed their goal and i think it's fairly obvious that Asuna and Yuuki are sisters, or she's gonna die or something like that. (I'm an anime-only watcher btw)

Kirito was pretty bad ass, as always.

The OST this week was fantastic too, Madoka Magica style.

SO MUCH DOUJIN MATERIAL!

5/5

That is where the whole Yuuki gonna built a harem idea cames from! She wants Asuna for herself, to the point Kirito harem will be reduced by one!!
BTW this
Nov 29, 2014 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
SweetKotomi said:
The fight wasn't too long, Asuna caught its weak spot and changed the strategy. Kirito makes a brief apperance and pawns the other group. I'm wondering how to these guys now know who Kirito is. He beat Death Gun, and is current champ along with Sinon in BoB. They were surprised he dodged those moves easily with his sword.

The arc is coming to a close, Zekken obviously is hiding something from Asuna. The tears at the end left Asuna in a confused expression.

Only 3 eps left and next episode says "Journeys End". The arc could conclude in ep 23 and ep 24 could be used as a filler. That's only if the show were to conclude in the next 2 episodes.

Or they could end it with Volume 9 Prologue II. Boom! Jaws dropping everwhere.
Nov 29, 2014 8:57 PM

Apr 2013
SweetKotomi said:

Imagine it ending with the prologue to Underworld Arc >.< (Showing Eugeo cutting a giant tree with Kirito behind him, Alice coming over carrying a basket from a distance)
salmon3669 said:

Might be better this way too ^^
milkgreenteaNov 29, 2014 9:02 PM
Nov 29, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
So many questions and no answers in this episode. It was a great episode but I want to know what's wrong with them already. Great animation in the fights as always.
Nov 29, 2014 10:04 PM
Sep 2014
salmon3669 said:
SweetKotomi said:

THAT would be amazing. I doubt they have the courage to do that again though after getting blasted for Aldnoah's ending.
Nov 29, 2014 10:08 PM

May 2013
Wow, I'm glad that they cleared the boss level in this episode, but the feels men, Yuuki, why? ;-;
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 29, 2014 11:08 PM

Jul 2007
salmon3669 said:
SweetKotomi said:

I am pretty sure they'll do this.

Especially since announcement for sequel is possible within few days after last ep airs.
Nov 29, 2014 11:54 PM

Feb 2008
I am prepared for the incoming feels. I think.

This arc is definitely a good one so far just based on animation quality and actual interest from me. The lack of Yui/Kirito/Asuna cringe moments are already making this arc fantastic.
Nov 30, 2014 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
That was amazing.

Kirito so cool. lol poor Klein as usual.
Nov 30, 2014 1:14 AM

Nov 2009
Starting to enjoy the series again ever since Yuuki was introduced.

They pulled out some of the best OSTs from season 1 for the battles which was awesome.

If this arc ends with no molestation/attempted rape then it will be great. :D
Nov 30, 2014 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Kirito to fast for magical attacks to hit him.
Sleeping Knights vs the BOSS. Round 2.
A weakness found this time.
Some good action and Yuuki going in for the kill was great.
Poor Yuuki for tearing up.
3 more eps to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 30, 2014 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
koroX said:
Great episode. 5/5

Hmm, I'm not really sure whats happening, but my best guess is that the Sleeping Knights are all cancer patiens or some sort of leathal illness. That is only a hteory though.

Exactly my thoughts. You beat me by six minutes.
Nov 30, 2014 2:52 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LoneUlfsark said:
koroX said:
Great episode. 5/5

Hmm, I'm not really sure whats happening, but my best guess is that the Sleeping Knights are all cancer patiens or some sort of leathal illness. That is only a hteory though.

Exactly my thoughts. You beat me by six minutes.

That's what I was thinking too. That would explain their reluctance to talk about themselves.

What I don't get is Yuki? Could Asuna really have a sister she doesn't know about?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 30, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2013
"I can't jump that high."

So she was with her jump just short a crouched guy to step on? Really... really?!

The episode was really cool but bullsh*t solutions like that in SAO keep me from really liking it.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Nov 30, 2014 4:26 AM

May 2012
The fight was very good, and I like how Kirito hit these magic attacks like a champion.

Yuuki is getting cuter after each episode
Nov 30, 2014 6:10 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode, once again. Loved the fight scenes, and the animation quality is top notch as usual.
Somewhat sad that SAO'll end in just a couple of weeks. Really hoping for a good ending.
Nov 30, 2014 6:12 AM
May 2014
SweetKotomi said:

24 Could be used like 14.5 was, basically just a ton of flashbacks.
Nov 30, 2014 6:13 AM
May 2014
Wonder how they will even do the next arc.... Seems extremely long.
Nov 30, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
Great episode, once again. Loved the fight scenes, and the animation quality is top notch as usual.
Somewhat sad that SAO'll end in just a couple of weeks. Really hoping for a good ending.

The end will be a Dark-side conclusion
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2013
Can anybody tell me what next arc is about ? What is the game and the main problem.
Nov 30, 2014 6:20 AM
May 2013
This episode animation, OST is perfect in a normal anime.
Yes, in a normal anime set aside those 7 vs 20 and 2 vs those guilds back-up battle which is kinda impossible but who cares this is SAO we're talking about but.
There is one certain scene that made me go WTF and that is after Asuna discovered the weakness of the boss, she asked the other healer to take care of the support because she will tell the plan to Yuuki directly and she did.
So does that mean that the common "PARTY CHAT" doesn't exist in this game?
A futuristic game and yet, no party chat? That is a crucial one in every team fights especially boss fight and yet. -_-
Nov 30, 2014 6:24 AM

Jul 2007
macamiki said:
Can anybody tell me what next arc is about ? What is the game and the main problem.

Its [spoiler] not about a game. Its about a murder of certain someone[/quote]

Liesianthes said:

A futuristic game and yet, no party chat? That is a crucial one in every team fights especially boss fight and yet. -_-

7VS 20 was possible because the 7 were incredibly haxx.
2vs 40+ ended exactly as it should - the two getting owned hard.

No there is not. VR is focused on realism.
Nov 30, 2014 6:39 AM

Dec 2013
Oh god the feels of this show! Knowing what's coming makes it THAT much worse...
I literally watched this entire arc with a heavy heart... and now it's just gonna get worse :(

I hate to say it, but that wall of fame on Level 1 of Aincrad reminds me so much of those murals that they have to engrave the names of fallen soldiers. The similarities made things twice as depressing, even though it was suppose to be an achievement to celebrate about.

Kirito's parts were really diminished here. I thought we'd actually get to see Yuuki interact with him somewhat.... ah well... there's always the stuff in the next episode.

Bring on the feels! I got my goggles ready, not gonna get ninja'd by onions!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 30, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
Liesianthes said:
This episode animation, OST is perfect in a normal anime.
Yes, in a normal anime set aside those 7 vs 20 and 2 vs those guilds back-up battle which is kinda impossible but who cares this is SAO we're talking about but.
There is one certain scene that made me go WTF and that is after Asuna discovered the weakness of the boss, she asked the other healer to take care of the support because she will tell the plan to Yuuki directly and she did.

I'd imagine VR would make you use verbal communication instead of text. Still even in real life if you need to talk to someone four feet from your location you walk/run to them. Not text them lol.

This showed how strong Kirito is without being OP. Of course he is very strong but even he is not a match for a guild. He bought enough time for Asuna+Sleeping Knights to enter the boss room. Then came the badass V pose which seems to be the trend in this arc which is awesome. Yuuki obviously starting it.
Nov 30, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
WuBoyBR said:
Harrymanhunter said:

I don't know what to make of what you said. Now I'm a bit worried. .-.
Nov 30, 2014 6:43 AM

May 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
WuBoyBR said:

I don't know what to make of what you said. Now I'm a bit worried. .-.

Next EP you will see o/
Nov 30, 2014 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
Meanwhile all the LN readers are just laughing at our guesses. Just thinking to themselves going these guys just don't know.
Nov 30, 2014 6:49 AM

Apr 2013

That's all I have to say.
Nov 30, 2014 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
Something very sad is totally coming...
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 30, 2014 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
I would search all worlds known and beyond unknown for the seven dragon balls to wish Yuuki and the Sleeping Knights another chance at life.
Nov 30, 2014 7:25 AM
Apr 2014
Liesianthes said:

Hmm... its way faster to run and tell them in person than writing all that thing in a chat... you could also yell but welp.

Harrymanhunter said:

We all wanted a good, happy ending ; _ ;

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 30, 2014 7:31 AM
May 2014
Reyxe said:
Liesianthes said:

Hmm... its way faster to run and tell them in person than writing all that thing in a chat... you could also yell but welp.

Harrymanhunter said:

We all wanted a good, happy ending ; _ ;

Ends a week before Christmas..... I don't really want this as a present!
Nov 30, 2014 7:59 AM

Aug 2014
macamiki said:

It's about a lot of things, but not a "game".
Nov 30, 2014 8:38 AM

Jan 2014
Yuukis not telling asuna something...
Nov 30, 2014 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
Asuna's lost imouto confirmed?

Maybe Yuuki just had a sister that was also named Asuna and who died or something. But first thing would be cooler. The girls in the opening don't look like one of them is Asuna though, so it's probably not it.

Anyways, Mystery is shaping up.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.