Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 2, 2019 10:59 PM

Nov 2013
Studio Deen really dropping the ball hard; so much reused animation...

3 bosses at once; holy shit. Don't know how the raid party is going to overcome this one.

Boy does Shiro look ugly irl. He falls straight into the uncanny valley.

I love the music on the moon. So calming yet mysterious.

Decent episode. 7/10

Apr 26, 2019 12:02 PM

Feb 2015
Shiroe's raid party is fighting with a very powerful boss, having trouble with it, other two bosses appeared and the adventurers were totally beaten. In his death, Shiroe saw himself as a kid and his real world, then appearing in front of the sea, he encountered with Akatsuki and decided to continue. Shiroe revived.

Well, the episode was intense for a moment and very boring at the same time. 3 bosses, the dungeon definitely doesn't want the adventurers to get to the treasure, not sure if they're beatable. Not in game animation is pretty accurate to japanese face factions, first anime that know that their characters are japaneses.
Atlas77Aug 25, 2019 8:45 PM
Sep 17, 2019 8:53 AM

Sep 2019
#Feelsgoodman #RIP #GloriousPvEtho
Better than Boss battle of SAO lol xD 10x more Boss PvE mechanics, Boss's abilities, Dungeon difficultly looks so Epic and Dangerous just like Dark Soul series Bosses so Intense AF!!!! D: oh no Raiding team RIP :(
Make Anime Great Again - Donald J. Trump
Jul 3, 2020 12:58 PM

Jun 2017
Shiroe didn't seem to look bad in real life. There's still a bit resemblance to his character in the game. We all know that doesn't usually happen in gaming. Most gamers look inordinately disparate from their gaming characters compared to their real life appearances. Some even have opposite genders.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 18, 2020 10:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice to see the raid for Shiroe + how he revived
Oct 18, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
3 raid bosses....yeah how the hell do you beat that?
Jan 3, 2021 5:26 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn! One episode full of backstory and one flashback regarding Shirogane past that went blurry through his first death, ever. That defeated, its hurt. Actually, their dead lobby was a testing server, based on Shiroe deduction. His research still incomplete. Thats why there were so many mystery left, like how the hell they could met at one place like that. Its weird? Nah, its a fate! I may assume that those place was a visualization that showed how they changed the lost memory with a beautiful little together memories there. Its not a real server. I mean, was that not enough to be a fair substitute, to be mostly remembered? Thats why its called isekai. I believed its also their ways to get through those difficult phase, into something better. In case of Shiroe, its to make him more honest, more open, and built more trust to his surroundings, rather than always be a cautious kid, and full of loneliness because he like to kept a distance from anyone. By seeing Akatsuki, at those beauty place, there was nothing rather just to keep get up and fights through everything that shit on you. In that case, its an impossible raid that couldn't be won over. Still, there were always a ways out of those difficulty. Don't lose such a hope!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 3, 2021 10:22 AM
Jul 2020
Fight scenes in this season have been pretty bland ngl. I know its a 2014 anime and i shouldn't expect the animation to be in par of what we have now but dear god. So many still frames all over.
Jul 23, 2021 10:12 AM

Jul 2015
Feels weird seeing real world Shiro here, but still interesting to see his regrets and worries. The game is really broken with those three raid bosses, but I guess that makes it even more interesting to see how Shiro is going to deal with it

Sep 17, 2022 6:23 PM

Mar 2018
Finally, an episode that doesn't feel rushed.

The reason the second season isn't as good as the first is, because they tried to cram too much into each episode, so there isn't enough build-up for things, in the macro sense, and the micro sense. The first season established scenes with longer panning shots, took breaks between dialogue, etc, etc.

This episode rectified some of the issues with this season, though. Maybe, because fights naturally require faster pacing. Here's hoping they lighten on the pace a bit from now. These volumes are beefier, it seems from the anime, so they needed to rush to adapt the same amount of volumes in the same amount of episodes. Or they don't know what to cut for it to still make sense later in the series, so they just adapted all the dialogue, and that left no room for establising shots, and sufficient pauses between dialogue. 30 episodes would've been better, or being brave with what to cut, but nothing to do now.
Dec 15, 2022 8:45 PM

May 2010
Say what you will about the animation, but the direction in the second half of the episode was really impressive. I'll take striking and beautiful shots over fluid motion any day. Some of it was recycled from a previous episode, so that we saw the same scene with different context. Even so I was happy to watch it again, with those droplets falling upwards to the violin music. Those black and white shots of his hometown were really aesthetic as well. Really good atmosphere with the pacing of shots and background music, etc. It's too bad that they don't have the budget for good fight scenes, but there are some really good scenes outside of the fights.
“Money can't buy dere”
Aug 2, 2023 9:03 AM
Jan 2023
That was one intense raid, 3 raid bosses thrown at them, just as if it wasn't meant to be beaten.

I guess looking at Shiroe's past really does explain a lot about his personality. Seems he had a pretty rough time as a child.

I still wonder what Shiroe was planning on doing with that 80 trillion gold number he came up with, I hope we'll find out soon.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.