Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 28, 2014 11:17 PM

Oct 2013
It's finally here and this time as a TV series. So, what do you guys think about it?

I'm hoping for it to be complete two-cour to cover the memories part and the whole issue with the seventh witch. Imo, the first half of the manga was great and looks like to be the perfect place to conclude it. This is one of the best harem manga in the recent times so I hope they don't screw this up. ^^;
Nov 28, 2014 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
Just hope that it won't end on some big cliffhanger. Right now, the manga is on an ongoing arc so I hope it won't make it this far as it won't be complete (unless the manga concludes it by then but even so would have to be rushed a bit).

Liden Films is adapting so...not entire sure yet. Going to check out that OVA when it's released to see if the anticipation is worth waiting for. I'm still excited about it though.
Nov 28, 2014 11:29 PM

Jan 2012
The way the first arc ends is a fitting conclusion, but for me I always hoped all of the manga would get adapted as I actually enjoy the current arc.
I think there'll be a chance if the first portion does well.
Nov 28, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
animefan8800 said:
The way the first arc ends is a fitting conclusion, but for me I always hoped all of the manga would get adapted as I actually enjoy the current arc.

Hopefully that's the case. I wonder if they will do the chapter that most people (the one most people hoping for would be the season's finale). Then, perhaps an expanded ending? I could settle with both.
Nov 28, 2014 11:44 PM

Jan 2012
Stark700 said:
animefan8800 said:

Hopefully that's the case. I wonder if they will do the chapter that most people (the one most people hoping for would be the season's finale). Then, perhaps an expanded ending? I could settle with both.

I'm guessing, unless it does well enough to adapt the second arc, that
will be the ending. As you say there might be a bonus episode based off one of the following chapters or something after that, but up to that point will certainly be adapted regardless. It'll be interesting to see if they try and fit that much content into 12 episodes, which I'd assume would need to involve cutting some stuff out, or spread it over 24. Guess we'll see though...
Nov 28, 2014 11:45 PM

Oct 2013
The animating studio makes me worried a little, lets see how they do the OVA. I always wonder why new studios handle the popular manga out there?
Nov 28, 2014 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
Nuvi said:
The animating studio makes me worried a little, lets see how they do the OVA. I always wonder why new studios handle the popular manga out there?

I think it's because other studios might be a bit busy. Wit Studio is out of the question with their 4 projects. Madhouse is adapting a show called Death Parade already and 2nd half of Parasyte while JC Staff has hands full on Food Wars and Dungeon.

A-1 Pictures has tons already on their deck as well.

I doubt ARMS would of taken this project. Studio DEEN probably didn't want to either and Bones doesn't seem like one of the studios to adapt this manga either; plus they already have 2 adaptations to be adapted plus one original to announce for next year. Production IG would of been a possible choice but then again, they might have other plans.
Nov 29, 2014 12:14 AM

Nov 2009
Stark700 said:
Nuvi said:

I think it's because other studios might be a bit busy. Wit Studio is out of the question with their 4 projects. Madhouse is adapting a show called Death Parade already and 2nd half of Parasyte while JC Staff has hands full on Food Wars and Dungeon.

A-1 Pictures has tons already on their deck as well.

I doubt ARMS would of taken this project. Studio DEEN probably didn't want to either and Bones doesn't seem like one of the studios to adapt this manga either; plus they already have 2 adaptations to be adapted plus one original to announce for next year. Production IG would of been a possible choice but then again, they might have other plans.

I think new studios usually pick up popular stuff to animate to try and get their name on the map, That's probably why they picked this up so they can attempt to make a name for themselves. Anyways I really hope they do get this adaptation right and no harem end pls.
Nov 29, 2014 12:46 AM

Oct 2013
I always thought that Brain Base would be a good studio for this. ^^;

Oh well, at least they have quality seiyuus. I hope they release some PV soon, they give quite some hints to which extent the manga can be adapted as anime.
Nov 29, 2014 12:53 AM

Jan 2013
I'm actually hyped about this studio adapting it. Idk about their success, but the animation and graphics have been pretty top notch in terra formar, and the promo.

I'm just so glad Shaft or A-1 or something didn't pick it up. They'd spend none of the funds towards yamada, and I'll have another anticipated anime go to shit.
Nov 29, 2014 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
Nuvi said:
I always thought that Brain Base would be a good studio for this. ^^;

Oh well, at least they have quality seiyuus. I hope they release some PV soon, they give quite some hints to which extent the manga can be adapted as anime.

They are doing an OVA and Rin-ne for Spring. I'm honestly kinda surprised too lol.
Nov 29, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2013
Well, it would be good if they adapted the whole story with the first witches.
But it depends on the number of episodes.
I hope that it's at least 25, which I don't think that it will be enough to cover everything from the first witches.

But, I think that the mangaka knows her stuff, I mean, she's the former assistant of the Fairy Tail mangaka, Fairy Tail which has a great anime adaptation when we compare with One Piece, Naruto etc.
And she waited until now for the anime adaptation.

Or another possibility, is that the manga is entering it's final stage (which is possible) and they will adapt everything, with the manga ending like 10 or something episodes before the anime.
Nov 29, 2014 2:09 AM
Aug 2011
I've been slacking with every this manga and from what i've seemed to have gathered maybe the quality has been slipping (?) since this so called 'first part'. (Some of the comments here only seem to cement this.)

Really need to catch up to make my own assessment but regardless of that the first several volumes were hilarious as fuck and this was my favorite weekly read and I pretty much loved every single character too.

I'm so ready for all the kisses! Bring on the kisses! So many hnnnnng kisses! Fuck yeah!
Nov 29, 2014 2:18 AM

Dec 2013
FINALLY! I've been waiting for a proper TV anime adaption for this series since forever. The manga is really interesting but the TV anime is lucky considering it gets to animate all the early good/interesting part and not anime the second half of the manga where it gets real stale / repetitive.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Nov 29, 2014 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
As much as I LOVE this manga. I'm worried about how they will adapt this and up to which point they will stop at.

+ they "really" need to fix up Yamada's character artstyle
Nov 29, 2014 3:25 AM

Jan 2013
animehm said:
As much as I LOVE this manga. I'm worried about how they will adapt this and up to which point they will stop at.

I actually like it more this way. everyone is so cute and colorful.
Nov 29, 2014 5:03 AM

Sep 2013
I hope they'll adapt it to the end of the first 'arc', yeah.
Nov 29, 2014 5:48 AM

Apr 2012
It's going to be sub-par at best in terms of being an adaption. Even 2-cour is going to result in a fair amount of losses. Going off previous adaptions such as TWGOK: Goddess Arc and Nisekoi, there's no way they can do 90 chapters in even a 2-cour series without heavy losses.
Nov 29, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2011
I hope they will adapt the entire first arc and it will be good. There is no need for the second arc since it's a let down.
Nov 29, 2014 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
shuryukan said:
animehm said:

But the thing is that Yamada needs to give off an aura of a delinquent. At the moment when I see Yamada, I get the idea of a protagonist that rushes forward without thinking things through and just wants everyone to be happy. Yamada is meant to be a person that pops up when he feels it is needed and try to become the heroic savior only to use a stupid plan that has so many flaws to begin with.

Other than that, I do look forward to this adaption.
Nov 29, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2013
I'm pretty excited for this series because it's not even airing yet but it already has a 9.83 score.
Nov 29, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
I'm really just elated about the fact that this is getting a series. Of course though, I do have relatively high expectations for this adaption. I think we'll get a better idea of what we should expect from the OVA coming out in a few weeks.

I definitely hope this series is at least a 2-cour that covers towards the end of the first whole major arc. That ending would be simply marvelous (I remember reading it in the manga at literally danced around in joy XD).
Nov 29, 2014 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
Hoping they just dont screw it over. Stick to the original material and just end in a way that makes sense and not random bullshit that a lot of other anime adaptions have been doing
Nov 30, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
adaw31 said:
shuryukan said:

But the thing is that Yamada needs to give off an aura of a delinquent. At the moment when I see Yamada, I get the idea of a protagonist that rushes forward without thinking things through and just wants everyone to be happy. Yamada is meant to be a person that pops up when he feels it is needed and try to become the heroic savior only to use a stupid plan that has so many flaws to begin with.

Other than that, I do look forward to this adaption.
Well, that's because most of the promo/trailers show Shiraishi in Yamada's body, and he (she) looks harmless when in yamada's body.
Nov 30, 2014 8:55 PM
Jul 2012
Hopefully it's not rushed.
Nov 30, 2014 9:39 PM

Oct 2014
Oh this series... it was a fun read... practically everyone can be shipped together regardless of gender lol.
Dec 2, 2014 10:03 PM
May 2014
If they can just cover everything before the

, it would be awesome. I think they all will fit well into 2-cour. I wish my favorite voice actress Saori Hayami the best on voicing the MCs (yes, plural).

The promotional image is hella spoilerific...
oneroaddictDec 2, 2014 10:07 PM
Dec 6, 2014 3:01 AM

Oct 2014
I have some hopes for this anime adaptation. I hope this is a 2 cour, since I don't want this to be rushed... Please adapt the manga properly!!

The staff is pretty decent. You have Michiko Yokote that's writing and supervising the scripts (Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, and Gintama) and Yota Tsuruoka as sound director (Clannad, Modoka Magica, and Free!) -- both very renowned. And rest here http://prntscr.com/5drrv3 I hope this is LIDENFILMS BEST anime project they'll produce so far!

Site: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-29/yamada-kun-and-the-seven-witches-manga-gets-tv-anime/.81574

Update: It's just been announced that they cast Kana Hanazawa as Mikoto Asuna and Jun Fukuyama as Haruma Yamazaki. So many good seiyuu's! Wtf, I hope this studio adapts this manga right.

Site: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-08/yamada-kun-and-the-seven-witches-anime-casts-jun-fukuyama-kana-hanazawa/.81894
ZenDec 7, 2014 11:18 PM
Dec 9, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2012
I.don't.want.an.original.ending. :c

Dec 15, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2013
FukuJun as Haruma? Yeah, that suits him well.
Takei_Hisa said:
I.don't.want.an.original.ending. :c
Ugh, please don't even mention about anime-original possibility.

Dec 24, 2014 8:29 PM

Dec 2009
Well I just hope they wrap up at the end of the first arc. :D
Dec 24, 2014 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
I don't really have any expectations for this show. I'm just glad they're animating it.
Jan 21, 2015 12:40 AM

Nov 2011
Jan 21, 2015 8:46 AM

Oct 2013
Like I said earlier, Sugita should get a role who appears frequently. This guy's presence in the cast will itself be amazing for a comedy like Yamajo.
Jan 22, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2009
As long as the follow the manga, and end after the witch ceremony it should make a fine anime season with a possibility for a second season when the manga will have more chapters. The things I don't want to see is filler and an original ending.
Apr 4, 2015 3:03 PM

Nov 2014
Only 12 episodes to fit all the parts of the first arc in it? Dunno what to think about that, but I really think this will be one of the 5 best anime for Summer 2015!
Holo said:
"There is no better time to part, then when we wish for it never to end."
Satou said:
"It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself... Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers... "

Apr 5, 2015 10:55 PM

Jan 2010
after 12 episode, there is an announcement, to be continued on 2016/2017
Apr 12, 2015 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
After ep 1 its pretty retarded
Apr 13, 2015 2:48 AM

Dec 2013
Vooo said:

Why?
Apr 13, 2015 8:23 AM

Jan 2013
G_Spark233 said:
Vooo said:

Why?

Everything was extremely rushed and the viewer is expected to accept the "why" such as the scene with the pres and yamada ( I don't want to spoil but if you watch that development its like instant).
Apr 13, 2015 10:08 PM

Dec 2013
Vooo said:
G_Spark233 said:

Why?

Everything was extremely rushed and the viewer is expected to accept the "why" such as the scene with the pres and yamada ( I don't want to spoil but if you watch that development its like instant).

I'm a manga reader and I know it is retardedly rushed. This episode even with the rushing was still pretty enjoyable and made sense.
Apr 13, 2015 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
seems really rushed so far, but I guess with 12 eps it's going to be. they'll go through the whole first witch arc which won't have a lot of time unfortunately.

this is why rushed adaptations kill my interest usually. the voices seem a bit off, but the gender swapping doesn't help.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

290 by xJc1 »»
Mar 29, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.