Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Fantascope Tylostoma Episode 1 Discussion

Nov 14, 2009 9:56 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The concept of this anime was very interesting. It took place on a sketch artists board. Didn't see that coming when I first saw this on MAL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 19, 2012 2:34 PM

I've always liked Yoshitaka Amano's works and this is no exception. The "almost" still animation, narration, and the especially the VA's sultry voices on those uhmm.... sex scenes almost lulled me into thinking I must be listening to a radio show and not watching something on the screen.
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.

May 9, 2012 8:59 PM

yeah the voices are great, especially in those "breathy" scenes. Great sound, art, use of light and motion in this, very effective

Aug 19, 2013 9:25 PM

It kind of reminded me of the Odyssey at first (Calypso anyone?), but then it went into a melodramatic apocalypse scenario. The plot had me a bit skeptical, but I really liked the whole idea of making an "animation" with an absolute minimum of actual movement. This is the second "ganime" title I've seen, after G-9, and I think I like this one better. I'm glad that Toei isn't afraid to produce such experimental works like this that are pretty much guaranteed to fail commercially.
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Sep 1, 2014 2:15 PM

amono sensei is a god of art - this one really moved me on a deep level - some of the most breath-taking art ever! what the hell ever happened to deva zan?

Nov 16, 2015 6:42 AM

Amano you fucking genius

This could serve as a great legend in a 16-bit FF game.