Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Decent episode. Really loved the way Bell fought for his freedom and escape the territory. I think Becker even is impressed by their impressive maneuvers. That's what I call fighting for the win although Aida needs to be aware a bit more about the dangers ahead of her.

Bell's piloting skills is quite something now.
Nov 28, 2014 5:04 AM

Apr 2012
Really cool!

I love the Wuxia's pilot.

Aida's still useless, as usual. Come on, girl. Fumina's doing a better job than you of being this season's female gundam pilot.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 28, 2014 6:31 AM
Nov 2014
G-Reco Episode 10...
1) Towasanga is a space colony situated at the far side of the moon. There are still colonies around after all.
2) G-Self's High Torque Pack was constructed by Capital Army along with Wuxia.
3) Awesome battles, pure old school as always
4) G-Self and the High Torque Pack are both related to the blueprints of Rose of the Hermes.
5) It is confirmed that the threat from above is real...so damn real...we will expect great things in the coming episodes. And we might know more about Towasanga and Sankt Porto.
6) Wuxia Trio just resembles Hambrabi Trio. Furthermore, Becker is the second coming of Yazan Gable. Becker raped the G-Arcane just like how Yazan raped the Mark-II plioted by Emma Sheen.
7) Things are getting serious now as everyone is now giving their focus towards space. The president of Ameria is now on the move and had launched the fleet.
8) Aida and Bellri's relationship is developing really well, it is obvious that Bellri likes Aida.
9) Raraiya had changed a lot. We might be able know who she really is very soon.
10) The whole plot reminds me of Unicorn, like how the Garanciers and Nahel Arghama were supporting one another against Full Frontal.
11) New MS next week, the Mac Knife in action. Space war.

Overall its an AWESOME episode!!! Really love the old school feel and the plot sequences! the ACTIONS are good!
Nov 28, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
So, Gondwan enters the scene with spaceships and suits of their own, secured by Cumpa's intelligence and connections. Apparently, the Tower can get away with making more mobile suits, but creating a spaceship directly infringes the Treaty and the taboos. It's obvious Cumpa is a meanie spacenoid, so taking advantage of the warring sides on Earth perfectly plays out in his aspirations.

If the time needed to reach the UnderNut from Biclover is one hour, then a week on the elevators should be much farther than the Earth-Sphere orbit.

Battles are given, when it comes to Gundams, but G-Reco has the most hilarious mobile suit skinship I've seen so far! :D Got to love the humor they use when the machines are involved:

This one literally breaks the 4-th wall, because the Recten turns to face the camera and look at the viewer w/o any specific reason:

Kerbes likes his Recten with bandana:

I just noticed it in a split second - the airbag harassment of certain parts of Aida's body:

The Grimoire was tossed up when Bellri and Aida landed on the front deck of the Megafauna:

The cake goes to Becker, though, it reminded me about Captain Hook and the infamous crocodile, who swallowed an alarm clock, in Peter Pan:

I'm glad that Bellri found love and all, and I never thought I'll say it, but his relationship with Noredo and Raraiya is three times more enjoyable to watch than trying to impress the annoying chick.

Funny, lively, and awesome episode!

PS. Could someone who can read Japanese please confirm if episode 11 will air on January 4-th?
Nov 28, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
Araki did a really good job with this weeks episode. Almost makes me feel that Tomino should continue to allow for more guest directors and take a more advisory approach so he doesn't burn out.
Nov 28, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2012
more advanced mech shows up, and even more advanced next week
i can imagine in episode 20+ there would be bunch of them, everyone "fuck this tech taboo" and go war... and then turn-a said "hello, good bye" :p
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 28, 2014 12:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Araki did a really good job with this weeks episode. Almost makes me feel that Tomino should continue to allow for more guest directors and take a more advisory approach so he doesn't burn out.

Agree completely. After this episode was over I was thinking of how much smoother the transition from one dialogue/scene to another was. Then I read you post and realized that Tomino wasn't directing it. He should be running the big ideas and the story and not getting as involved in the nuts and bolts of it all.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 28, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
Marzan said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Agree completely. After this episode was over I was thinking of how much smoother the transition from one dialogue/scene to another was. Then I read you post and realized that Tomino wasn't directing it. He should be running the big ideas and the story and not getting as involved in the nuts and bolts of it all.

I think Tomino has done a fine job so far, it's just not as inviting to new people. Many would argue this is a good thing, though.
Nov 28, 2014 4:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh no wonder I felt like this episode was easier to watch, because Araki was the episode director.

I wonder how many times Bellri has said, "don't be so reckless Aida-san!" Maybe not that many times but it sure feels like it's been said quite often. He always has to come to the rescue to save Aida.
Nov 28, 2014 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
G-Self's High Torque Pack looks great.

Bellri's piloting skills is pretty good.
Nov 28, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2014
Haha Hillarious

Talking while drinking with straw

"Dont shoot, i just want to talk", kick and wanna shoot too.

Good job Raraiya

Stupid green mech :/
Nov 28, 2014 9:01 PM

Oct 2007
ex_necross said:
Marzan said:

I think Tomino has done a fine job so far, it's just not as inviting to new people. Many would argue this is a good thing, though.

Oh he has for sure, it's just he's 73 and probably shouldn't be doing pretty much everything lest burn out as I said. He's pretty much been doing all the directing, screenwriting, story-boarding and musical lyrics as far as I know which is way more than most creators nowadays do let alone ones in their 70's.
Nov 28, 2014 9:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
>Happa responds to Bellri's shouting to Aida for being reckless.<

Happa: "Are you in love with her?"
Bellri: "That's not what this is about!"

*Moments later*

Happa: "Don't be in such a rush to get out there that you get killed!"
Bellri: "I've found love! I'm not gonna die!"

-- Best part of the episode along with "Don't come any closer! Save me without getting closer!" XD

Nov 28, 2014 9:25 PM

Jan 2009
Bellri is improving on piloting the G-Self, that green armor pack is as good as useless on the fight though he did not needed it to save the girl he loves

those Wuxia mobile suits looks good though
Nov 28, 2014 11:31 PM
Nov 2014
Th
tingy said:
Oh no wonder I felt like this episode was easier to watch, because Araki was the episode director.

I wonder how many times Bellri has said, "don't be so reckless Aida-san!" Maybe not that many times but it sure feels like it's been said quite often. He always has to come to the rescue to save Aida.

This indirectly shows how Bellri cared for Aida. It is obvious that Bellri likes her. In almost every expect. Seriously, i bet Tomino is venturing a new kind of love as compared to his past works. This show is easy going and at the same time intense.

No matter who the director is placed in this series, as long as the tradition of Gundam continues, its always okay!!
Nov 28, 2014 11:37 PM
Nov 2014
j0x said:
Bellri is improving on piloting the G-Self, that green armor pack is as good as useless on the fight though he did not needed it to save the girl he loves

those Wuxia mobile suits looks good though

Based on ur view in regards on High Torque Pack, it is actually used for high speed and land combat it is also a reminiscent of Full Armor Unicorn. This pack is meant for kamikaze missions, like a 'tank' instead of the reflector pack which where off through certain limit, those panels from the reflector pack are actually fragile. For instance, the high speed G-Self effect seems to remind of a special NT-D phenomenon or i should say (MEPE) technology from F91 to be exact.
Nov 29, 2014 2:14 AM

May 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

to be fair and honest, this series was quite bland and bad at the start.

I feel that it gets better and better after ep 5.

Overall, still enjoying it.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Nov 29, 2014 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
Yep it definitely seems to be improving. I think next's week episode is going to be interesting as well with Mask :)
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 29, 2014 8:00 AM

Jan 2010
Glorious fanservice:
http://gfycat.com/GloriousBossyCooter

Also, Aida looked pretty mature in this frame:
BoltzNov 29, 2014 8:23 AM
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Dec 1, 2014 1:51 PM
Nov 2014
over all, i like this episode but the old complain remains:
the political stuff never explained more than a few sentences
the background motive of many of the characters remain shifty, such as scene of capital defense force's dislike of the army and their conducts, some bully sequence would make their side switch more believable.

What is to like is still the many small touches that adds humor to the show such as the bloody zippers, the sloth, the croc (almost all the wildlife scene) the airbag effect while pilots under strong impact of their machines.

like i said, the show needs 2-3 minutes of in ones face outlay of the political conflict situation. 00 has done it in its second episode, just do the same thing
Dec 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
This episode had some really impressive mecha action, I loved the battle in the forest.

The character interactions are sometimes really charming, loved it when Bellri's helmet bumped into Noredo's forehead.
Dec 2, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2012
Boltz said:
Glorious fanservice:
http://gfycat.com/GloriousBossyCooter

Also, Aida looked pretty mature in this frame:
Yep, and I loved how she was pondering about how a backpack saved her yet what could happen if more were created.
Dec 5, 2014 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that puts so many irons in the fire. While showing a narrative similar to many episodes seen previously, was given space but also to the development of the story.
While showing the usual fistfight between mecha, the episode has shown complete in every respect.
Not bad new mecha, drawn quite well and animated in a more than satisfactory.
The final episode is very interesting.
Dec 24, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
Definitely a better episode than the last.

Seems there still secret colonies that exist in space? They did say it was taboo to have colonies if i remember since they don't want to repeat the events of the UC era.

Isn't that backpack for G Self a bit too big O___O

It look like Gundam 00 Virtue. I love the speed and agility though! Despite being fat as fuck, it can glide like a hawk!

And what the hell, when did Bell fell in love with Aida :O

Wuxia seems to a be a new unit. Still there no match for G self :P

I can't wait to see more Nick!

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Jan 21, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2009
The action was so fluid o.o and I love the Torque backpack!

Aida still useless..
Dec 12, 2017 9:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Be careful with the caimans!!!
Jan 27, 2021 1:21 PM

Aug 2017
Apparently every single machine gun in this show has a Macross 7 sound effect

Some strange antics from Bellri in the 1st half of the episode.

Starting to get the impression that the priest's sleeves look like crescents or something like that.

Anyway, seems like we're going to space again. I kinda want Klim to return though.

Wuxia Trio just resembles Hambrabi Trio. Furthermore, Becker is the second coming of Yazan Gable. Becker raped the G-Arcane just like how Yazan raped the Mark-II plioted by Emma Sheen.

I had some similar thoughts. Though it later looked more like a martial arts battle.

Aida standing next to G-Self's head from Bellri's POV almost looked like a selfie (in terms of perspective). I like how quickly he went from denying love in his dialogue with Happa to admitting the feeling was there.

P.S. Funny to notice that one woman in the ED who's not smiling.
St0rmbladeJan 27, 2021 1:54 PM
Jul 14, 2022 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
Those machines and that wuxia fight were really strange even in a light show like this one.

That trio...

4/5
Apr 24, 2023 9:23 AM
Apr 2022
So far it been a fine watch not so good or bad just fine like somewhere in the middle. I somewhat understand the story they telling it reminds me of Turn A Gundam, one of the thing that they keep showing is the wild life, The Culture of the people and a lot of movement like dancing. Bell Starting to fall in love with Aida, Noredo is just a side girl also Bell keeps accidently killing people he regrets and people around him don't show that they care much about it?
CcCharlesApr 24, 2023 9:32 AM
Dec 2, 2023 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
Classic Gundam with noredo friendzoned in favor of Aida.
I like her to be honest.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2014

153 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jan 20, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

91 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

29 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 6, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

22 by Neemesis_2 »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.