Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2014 3:46 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, Mika just dug herself her own grave. If only she wasn't so yeah...
:)
Nov 28, 2014 4:28 AM

Nov 2014
Gymkata said:
TmZ_Holymama said:
Oh god! The more secret reveals, the more I hate this season!
For a Sci-fi anime, the writhing isn't smart at all.
I felt almost like when I finished the movie Lucy.
I've lost count of how many times I rolled my eyes on this episode.

Agreed. My God I don't even know where to start with this episode. Hands down the worst we've seen so far. Some of the rebuttals to prior criticism were admittedly sound enough to nuture my hope for better execution, characters, and creativity. Unfortunately, it just got flushed. Kamui, we learn, is a confection of 184 body parts? which magically survived a plane crash by conveniently ignoring impact forces and their tendency to shatter organs. The whole post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk Frankenstein twist was about as terrible as the comedic attempt between Akane and Togane (which by the way was 100x better when she peered at Kogami's scar in S1). Much as I can't stand Mika's bitchiness, I was really looking forward to some potential depth later on. No dice. Apparently, she's sharp enough to independently unearth the most significant case data so far, but not enough to be the least bit wary of Chief, especially after learning of Togane's sordid past, seeing the picture, etc. No, instead she considers it more logical to recommend having Akane relieved of duty. Laughable. Her loyalty to Sybil be damned, I can't subscribe to this level of stupidity anymore. And now they're keeping her alive to serve as a "model citizen"? Yeah...whatever. Hell, I don't even know why Sybil considers Mika a threat; she's been its biggest lapdog supporter the whole series. It was CHIEF who revealed top secret info. And don't even get me started on the contrived AA "investigative trap" Kasei concocted >_< The worst offender though was the giant steaming pile of info dump narrative that permeated nearly the entire episode. It just killed the suspense. The only character of this series I can appreciate is Ginoza, and he's been given ZERO development...

Would Kogami please return and put us out of our misery by blasting everyone with his .45?
On the other hand, I'm glad that Kogami didn't involve in this mess at all, cause I'm really concern right now that his story would be beyond repairable. I'd rather see him in the movie instead. You know when they revealed the truth about Kamui's brains and body, even my 12 years old sister laughed at it..She's like... are they..really? Please don't make an excuse that it's just an anime,anything could happen... well if that's the case, why not just stick to those stereotypes shonen out there?
Nov 28, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2010
Alright... this just turned into straight-up trash.

The whole "transplanting organs to clear your psycho pass" was ridiculous enough, but now you're telling me that Kamui is surgically made up of the 184 kids that died in the plane crash, and that Togane is an artificial human who enjoys clouding people's psycho-pass for shits and giggles, and who's mother is a part of sibyl? Is this even from the same universe as the previous season? Because the previous season did not get this ludicrously stupid.

Apart from all the other dumb things that are in this season, this all feels like someone's fan fiction, and the true, proper sequel is the film. It already looks and sounds a whole lot better from the trailer.

The only good thing is that Mika wasn't completely useless. Oh, and for those wondering if she's gonna die, she was in the previews for the movie.
KillerTune12Nov 28, 2014 5:12 AM
Nov 28, 2014 4:43 AM

Nov 2013
TmZ_Holymama said:
Gymkata said:

Agreed. My God I don't even know where to start with this episode. Hands down the worst we've seen so far. Some of the rebuttals to prior criticism were admittedly sound enough to nuture my hope for better execution, characters, and creativity. Unfortunately, it just got flushed. Kamui, we learn, is a confection of 184 body parts? which magically survived a plane crash by conveniently ignoring impact forces and their tendency to shatter organs. The whole post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk Frankenstein twist was about as terrible as the comedic attempt between Akane and Togane (which by the way was 100x better when she peered at Kogami's scar in S1). Much as I can't stand Mika's bitchiness, I was really looking forward to some potential depth later on. No dice. Apparently, she's sharp enough to independently unearth the most significant case data so far, but not enough to be the least bit wary of Chief, especially after learning of Togane's sordid past, seeing the picture, etc. No, instead she considers it more logical to recommend having Akane relieved of duty. Laughable. Her loyalty to Sybil be damned, I can't subscribe to this level of stupidity anymore. And now they're keeping her alive to serve as a "model citizen"? Yeah...whatever. Hell, I don't even know why Sybil considers Mika a threat; she's been its biggest lapdog supporter the whole series. It was CHIEF who revealed top secret info. And don't even get me started on the contrived AA "investigative trap" Kasei concocted >_< The worst offender though was the giant steaming pile of info dump narrative that permeated nearly the entire episode. It just killed the suspense. The only character of this series I can appreciate is Ginoza, and he's been given ZERO development...

Would Kogami please return and put us out of our misery by blasting everyone with his .45?
On the other hand, I'm glad that Kogami didn't involve in this mess at all, cause I'm really concern right now that his story would be beyond repairable. I'd rather see him in the movie instead. You know when they revealed the truth about Kamui's brains and body, even my 12 years old sister laughed at it..She's like... are they..really? Please don't make an excuse that it's just an anime,anything could happen... well if that's the case, why not just stick to those stereotypes shonen out there?

Some of us are not making excuses, its just that we feel that you guys make the problems look so overblown at times ( especially that one guy who said there are NO redeeming qualities at all). Some of the points you have pointed out are thread on a line of subjectivity rather than being objectively right or wrong.

For example, us viewers knew from the get-go that the Chief was a scheming bastard but when put in the shoes of Mika, it is obvious she wouldn't be aware of that. As for Gymkata's comment about the bodies ignoring impact, I personally feel it is more of a nit-pick rather than a fundamental flaw because by that logic, many other shows would be guilty of the same shit.

Overall, not trying to deny any flaws or anything and I am certainly looking more forward towards the movie but in all honestly, season 2 is at the very least not unwatchable.
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Nov 28, 2014 5:05 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, shit looks like Akane doesn't have one baddie to deal with, now she also has Togane and the Sibly system, and so Kamui is taking revenge for erasing him from the Sibly system, geeez he is one bad guy who uses other people to get back at the system.......I wonder if we'll be seeing more of Mika.....in flashbacks that is?
yeo
Nov 28, 2014 5:18 AM

Nov 2012
is it just me or this episode's animation quality is bad?
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Nov 28, 2014 5:27 AM

Oct 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
@Darkdrone:

Well regarding your first small issue you can write that off as Mika keeping the info she found out to herself before reporting it to the chief. So Akane and the others wouldn't of found out if it wasn't for the doctor.
Second issue can possibly be a red herring to a plot twist later on like Saiga being Togane's father.
Third issue was explained last episode, Kasei knows where Shisui is but will not take any action because her PP is clear.
Fourth one I pretty much agree with you its pretty ridiculous how they managed to do this but I would just write it off as them having advanced technology making it possible.

Can't comment on your first major issue as its been a while since I saw season 1 and I don't remember that unfortunately.

Second major issue, I believe its because Mika is criminally asymptomatic if you remember Togane's reaction to her PP, I'm not entirely sure on this, but if this is the case then Kasei telling Mika about them isn't wrong at all. As she did the same with Makishima. But if she isn't then I would agree with you its seems odd to have told her such a secret as she's not an Akane.

-That isn't really the point. If a useless character like Mika can find out all this information, then why not Akane?
-Saiga being Togane's father? What? That doesn't make any sense. Saiga was born in 2063 and Togane was born in 2073.
-It doesn't matter about Shisui, all that matters is taking down Kamui. Shisui is just there, if Togane can take care of Kamui, then they can rest easy. Togane even said he wanted to take care of him and so having his location would be beneficial.
-Mika cannot be criminally asymptomatic. If she was, then she could naturally control her psycho pass at will and lower it to an acceptable number. Kasei and Togane had no reason to keep Mika alive after she found out the information and the fact that they wanted to test her reaction to the Sibyl System is ridiculous. As I said before, they could have found a more controllable test subject and see how they react.

People can side step and try to downplay the bad writing all they want but lets be honest and say the writing just isn't good at all. Too many times in the series I am scratching my head at the characters motives or thought process. In fact it seems to be getting worse as the season progresses.

Welp 3 episodes to go and so lets see how this plays out.
Nov 28, 2014 5:28 AM

Jun 2011
WorldInverse said:

It's not as bad as one episode from S1 that I can't remember.

I facepalmed a lot when I was watching that one.
Nov 28, 2014 5:41 AM

May 2014
VanishingKira said:

Alas!
*Gets up and applause as loud as he can*

Finally she's gettin' wacked, but nevertheless, she still managed to fucked up Akane.

Kogane to the rescue, BITCHEEEEES!
Nov 28, 2014 5:50 AM

Nov 2014
Kogane being with the bad guys xD Yup, the OP definitely hinted it :D Still looking forward to when Shinya will return (bound and gagged? rofl)
Nov 28, 2014 5:59 AM

Nov 2013
Darkdrone said:
Zetsubo667 said:
@Darkdrone:

Well regarding your first small issue you can write that off as Mika keeping the info she found out to herself before reporting it to the chief. So Akane and the others wouldn't of found out if it wasn't for the doctor.
Second issue can possibly be a red herring to a plot twist later on like Saiga being Togane's father.
Third issue was explained last episode, Kasei knows where Shisui is but will not take any action because her PP is clear.
Fourth one I pretty much agree with you its pretty ridiculous how they managed to do this but I would just write it off as them having advanced technology making it possible.

Can't comment on your first major issue as its been a while since I saw season 1 and I don't remember that unfortunately.

Second major issue, I believe its because Mika is criminally asymptomatic if you remember Togane's reaction to her PP, I'm not entirely sure on this, but if this is the case then Kasei telling Mika about them isn't wrong at all. As she did the same with Makishima. But if she isn't then I would agree with you its seems odd to have told her such a secret as she's not an Akane.

-That isn't really the point. If a useless character like Mika can find out all this information, then why not Akane?
-Saiga being Togane's father? What? That doesn't make any sense. Saiga was born in 2063 and Togane was born in 2073.
-It doesn't matter about Shisui, all that matters is taking down Kamui. Shisui is just there, if Togane can take care of Kamui, then they can rest easy. Togane even said he wanted to take care of him and so having his location would be beneficial.
-Mika cannot be criminally asymptomatic. If she was, then she could naturally control her psycho pass at will and lower it to an acceptable number. Kasei and Togane had no reason to keep Mika alive after she found out the information and the fact that they wanted to test her reaction to the Sibyl System is ridiculous. As I said before, they could have found a more controllable test subject and see how they react.

People can side step and try to downplay the bad writing all they want but lets be honest and say the writing just isn't good at all. Too many times in the series I am scratching my head at the characters motives or thought process. In fact it seems to be getting worse as the season progresses.

About Mika, I actually second the point about her being criminally asymptomatic. Being that does not necessarily mean he/she can control it at will, it might occur naturally as well. In contrast, the chief did not immediately eliminate Mika just like what she did with Kagari
Nov 28, 2014 6:08 AM

Sep 2014
I knew it! I fucking knew it! Kogane was working with her to take down Akane. >:
Also, I hope they torture Shimotsuki a lot. Overall, great episode. With only 3 episodes remaining, I hope they end it on a good note.
Nov 28, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Too bad Mika. Well .. glad to know you, I hope you get a happy ending (Of course not b!tch).
Nov 28, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2010
VanishingKira said:

It's so good to see this. This bitch had it coming. Maybe she'll redeem herself soon.

Didn't think Togane's mom was part of Sibyl.
Nov 28, 2014 7:31 AM
May 2014
RainbowIslands said:
Retaining and using the serial killer's PERSONALITY and stuff to the point it can control everything? Dystopian nightmare. I guess we sorta heard about it last season... But this is worse... Where did the democracy inside sybil go?

Also I guess how Togane (son) became an enforcer is because his mom was pulling the strings...?! :S Sybil was somewhat morally grey in S1. Right now in S2, it's black and wrong. Hopefully it redeems itself somehow. I mean it's interesting, but it nowhere near Urobuchi-writing.

The personality/individuality thing was said in the conversation between Sibyl and Makeshima in S1.
Considering the above, changing who's brain is in Kasei naturally changes how Kasei
behaves, no real surprise there.

Panopticon appears to be similar to Sibyl, but worse..for the people.
It seems to be alot more hands-on. Sibyl doesn't control planes etc, but based on the description
it seems Panopticon does (if the testrun is anything to go by).

Sibyl in general probably supports/ed Akane to a certain extent, but that doesn't mean that the brain
inside Kasei does the same. If it is the same brain as around S1 ep 18-19, then that one appeared
quite reluctant about revealing iteself to her.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 28, 2014 8:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yup, toxic thread, as expected. Played you all like a violin.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
cyruz said:
Yup, toxic thread, as expected. Played you all like a violin.

When is MAL NOT toxic?
Nov 28, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
alpha_shadow said:
awesome episode, this second season is great, idk why people are bashing it like it's the worst thing ever, because it's not.

thank you for this post
Nov 28, 2014 9:43 AM

Apr 2014

Who is "Kogane"? Am I watching different show? Please don't compare the shitty character Tougane on Kougami!
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 28, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2011
As usual, MAL loves to hate. Me, I actually prefer the storyline of this season to last season's. Hell, I even love Mika (she does have her annoying moments, I'll give ya that). Have you ever put yourself in her shoes, with only the knowledge that she should have (i.e. not the knowledge we have from the first season), in her reality and then thought as to whether or not her methods are wrong and unusual? If you still think her methods are unusual and abnormal, you're either ignorant or unable to let go of the fact that their society is completely different from ours and as such, expecting them to act like one would in our society, you are (once again) ignorant. In fact, I remember Ginoza getting shit for doing what he was supposed to do last season (same shit Mika's doing, just a bit more toned down). Remember when he was ready to put the dogs on Kogami for "running away"? Yeah, he mellowed out, but when? Once he started to know Sibyl's true colors and how did he end up?

tl;dr : I like this season more than last one and y'all are hating way too much.
Nov 28, 2014 10:47 AM

Dec 2013
yhunata said:
As usual, MAL loves to hate. Me, I actually prefer the storyline of this season to last season's. Hell, I even love Mika (she does have her annoying moments, I'll give ya that). Have you ever put yourself in her shoes, with only the knowledge that she should have (i.e. not the knowledge we have from the first season), in her reality and then thought as to whether or not her methods are wrong and unusual? If you still think her methods are unusual and abnormal, you're either ignorant or unable to let go of the fact that their society is completely different from ours and as such, expecting them to act like one would in our society, you are (once again) ignorant. In fact, I remember Ginoza getting shit for doing what he was supposed to do last season (same shit Mika's doing, just a bit more toned down). Remember when he was ready to put the dogs on Kogami for "running away"? Yeah, he mellowed out, but when? Once he started to know Sibyl's true colors and how did he end up?

tl;dr : I like this season more than last one and y'all are hating way too much.
I see, but i think you're missing a point. Mika is supposed to be an unlikeable character, just like Ginoza in S1
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 28, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
PriestSlayer said:
yhunata said:

I see, but i think you're missing a point. Mika is supposed to be an unlikeable character, just like Ginoza in S1

Oh, don't worry about that. I tend to go on rants whenever I see a character get hated on for shit reasons, normally when there are worse characters around. Like seriously, I've rarely ever seen Yayoi do anything. Kagari didn't do anything noteworthy either, but everyone seemed to love him. Ah, human psychology; I don't think I'm ever gonna understand how it works.
Nov 28, 2014 11:17 AM
Sep 2013
Darkdrone said:

I believe the point here is Mika isn't as useless as a lot of people initially believed. She just has several problems with her attitude and behaviour (specifically towards Akane) that makes people think she was useless. Back in season 1 they did say only the very best in Sibyl's meritocracy can become an inspector.
Yeah I gave a bad example there my apologies as you said its not possible but my main point here was this scene being a red herring to something in these last few episodes.
I disagree Shisui does matter as she enables Kamui to use the dominator and they can also find his location using her. Technically Kasei could disable all dominators in his possession and would end his threat but Akane explained last episode why Kasei doesn't. Therefore Togane most likely will go after Kamui next episode.

I don't believe all people who are criminally asymptomatic are able to control their PP at will, being criminally asymptomatic mainly means the Sibyl system is unable to analyse your PP properly which is exactly why they add these kind of people into their system, to help them evolve. Plus Togane's surprise at how little Mika's PP had changed when she was threatened to be disposed of by Kasei further increases the likelihood she is criminally asymptomatic. Also we have never seen Mika's PP level in the series yet possibly because of this.

I wouldn't call this bad writing, as I can already think of several series that have far worse writing than this series and if I rated this as bad writing then I would have very few series on my list of excellent writing. And quite a lot of series as garbage-tier writing.
Nov 28, 2014 11:19 AM

Nov 2012
WorldInverse said:

Nov 28, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
silverwalls said:
WorldInverse said:

Oh Jesus i didn't even noticed that, LOL
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 28, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
yhunata said:

So you like to wank off to Mika, good job for you. How are we ignorant when we have cases of her idiocy for days on end? You are either neglecting to remember or completely forget she has been an inspector for more than 1.5 years. That is enough time and experience to cast off the rookie label and move to a more junior position.

Countless times in the season we see her questioning Akane for no reason other than she likes to bitch about someone or something, standing around not doing anything, being the most useless member in the group, getting scared over a phone call to the point she spills her drink and falls out of a chair, carelessly walking into Togane's room and going at his computer like an amateur, not taking responsibility for fucking up and yelling at Sho, asking the resignation of her superior even though her superior has excelled in damn near all her missions etc.

Comparing Ginoza to Mika is a stretch because we actually see something known as....what do you call it...oh character development. Mika has been a bitch, a coward and useless dead weight for damn near the entire season until the last episode. No development at all. While Ginoza changed and started to shift his thinking all throughout the season in a very smooth way. Even if we were to compare Ginoza being ruthless to the enforcers in season 1 like Mika is, he wasn't useless and a coward like Mika, so automatically he gets points on that end.

So what if you like this season more than the other, it still stands that the writing in this season has been terrible and the characters have been flat all around. People like to think people hate just to hate but people hate because the have expectations for something and it doesn't stand up to them. This season really is an embarrassment to the Psycho Pass name and I feel should be considered a spin-off and not a proper sequel.
Nov 28, 2014 11:29 AM

Feb 2013
Tenko-san said:
ReB3LdE said:

No, you are not alone, i have been irritated since the moment she learned the truth and didn't say anything

Well, what should she do? Just shout: "Hey, the Sibyl System is nothing but brains of criminals?!" Nobody would believe her and she would be faster dead than that she could achieve anything.
To bring down this system she needs the trust of the system, more information about it (like weaknesses, etc...) and she needs to combine forces with some people. (...yeah, I know you'll say: she could have already started with that in S2 but well... that's what the film is for.=

And I think that the main problem is: even if you can bring down this system what comes after that? If you start a revolution, you'll also have to think of a complete new system which surpasses the old system. Because if you don't, there will be nothing but chaos. People are usually afraid or at least they are not really fond of changes. So if you don't present them a better alternative, the old system will be brought back at the end.
It's not like the Sibyl System is something complete bad. It's also something that reduces criminality, helps civilians to use their possibilities to their fullest (tells them which jobs they should do), etc...
The mentality of people of the Psycho Pass society is different from ours. A good example is one of Akane's friends (the one who was killed by Makishima in S1). She said that she didn't know what she should without Sybil System guiding her.
So, I doubt that these people would easily accept going back to a society like ours or so.

Haha, why are so many people shocked by the fact that Kamui is made of 184 parts?!
Actually, I think it's pretty amazing that they managed to combine 7 different brains into one which is also able to think and such... I mean, brains are so complicated that even scientists nowadays haven't found out how the brain manages to handle all the nerves, etc. without them interfering in each others work.

babymimi said:

I hope she dies. Kagari died as soon as he found out about the Sibyl System so why would she live? & she's annoying, forever trying to get Akane in trouble.

Well, but Akane also knows about their secret. I think that they are trying to use Mika just like they use Akane - as a role model - since they are inspectors and do pretty much what the system tells them. So if society finds out about the "real face" of Sibyl, they'll be able to use their role model to calm the society down.
But at the end I think that Mika won't be able to handle this "burden", which will probably lead to her death (or maybe she'll just become a criminal).

A system that predetermines what your life is going to be about before you have even the chance to dicover it for yoursef cant be good, also how the people gonna strife to become better if their lives are pretederminated? Also we dont know if the sybil system is gonna be destroyed completely in the film. Also Kamui brings to surface actual weaknesses of the sybil system and instead of her trying to find a way to cooperate with him in some way to bring it down she only wants to hunt him down and arrest him, then what? back to squeare one of her doing absolutely nothing when she knows the trush. i just dont get her reasoning.
NoulisVraxatiNov 28, 2014 11:32 AM
Nov 28, 2014 11:34 AM
Jun 2013
*sigh*

- Hating on Mika, because she dares to defy Akane, even if her suspicions are right.

- Hating on Sibyl, because "Sibyl are bad guys", because of course the meaning behind the first season was this shallow.

This fanbase tires me.
Nov 28, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2011
Ya the solution should be we all enjoy this season and shouldn't critque the inner workings of the plot. No no lets just hold hands and sing kumbaya that this season is amazing.
Nov 28, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2011
So, have you put yourself in her shoes? Imagine this: Forget everything about this society and focus on this. You're living in a perfect society, which is governed by a system so absolute that the only way crime could even make an appearance was to disrupt said system. This disruption was then fixed so that it can't be done again. You're now working as an Inspector with subordinates that said system has deemed criminals. Your superior, however, thinks herself above the system and directly goes against it. What would you do? You would do what any rational person would do; obey the system and suspect your superior. Remember, we know that Sibyl isn't perfect. She doesn't. That is why I said ignorance plays a huge role in hate against her. She is acting abnormal, in our sense. In their society, she's the normal one and Akane is the abnormal one.

As for last season to this season comparison, this season's writing has been fine. I wasn't happy with the sudden change in writers, but this season has been done fine. A weak start, but it's picked up. The storyline in PP season 1 wasn't really that much better in comparison. In fact, Makishima v Kogami was essentially everything S1 had going for it.

P.S. Ginoza decided to stray from the path of Sibyl and guess what he got? Demoted.
Nov 28, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
Darkdrone said:

tl;dr this shitty post.
[spoiler]
So you like to wank off to Mika, good job for you. How are we ignorant when we have cases of her idiocy for days on end? You are either neglecting to remember or completely forget she has been an inspector for more than 1.5 years. That is enough time and experience to cast off the rookie label and move to a more junior position.

Countless times in the season we see her questioning Akane for no reason other than she likes to bitch about someone or something, standing around not doing anything, being the most useless member in the group, getting scared over a phone call to the point she spills her drink and falls out of a chair, carelessly walking into Togane's room and going at his computer like an amateur, not taking responsibility for fucking up and yelling at Sho, asking the resignation of her superior even though her superior has excelled in damn near all her missions etc.

Comparing Ginoza to Mika is a stretch because we actually see something known as....what do you call it...oh character development. Mika has been a bitch, a coward and useless dead weight for damn near the entire season until the last episode. No development at all. While Ginoza changed and started to shift his thinking all throughout the season in a very smooth way. Even if we were to compare Ginoza being ruthless to the enforcers in season 1 like Mika is, he wasn't useless and a coward like Mika, so automatically he gets points on that end.

So what if you like this season more than the other, it still stands that the writing in this season has been terrible and the characters have been flat all around. People like to think people hate just to hate but people hate because the have expectations for something and it doesn't stand up to them. This season really is an embarrassment to the Psycho Pass name and I feel should be considered a spin-off and not a proper sequel.

[/spoiler]
There's no point of debating/shitposting/arguing on this matter. It's obvious there's a major development that would happen on her since she's already included in the cast of the Real Sequel to the Psycho-Pass Season 1. No matter how the hate this character get it won't change the fact that she was Alive on the Movie Sequel.
Nov 28, 2014 11:50 AM
Nov 2013
Woah, did NOT expect Kasei to be Togane's mother. I honestly felt a little bad for Mika, even if she was a major bitch that sucks that she probably won't make it out alive. I wonder if she's going to die the same way Kagari did in season 1..
Nov 28, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Okay.So 8 episodes have passed.Investigation has come to an end and now it's time to catch Kamui but what really TICKS me off is that Where in the HELL is GINOZA?Forget Kougami for a second and explain it to me why the hell is being Ginoza being put to the side?Is this scriptwriter even awake?All we have seen is that Ginoza has only warned and advised Akane of her Psycho-Pass getting cloudy if she goes too deep.But what the hell?Is the writer seriously trying at all?Is he really trying to show that Ginoza is worried.If that IS his intention then for the love of God,let Ginoza do some badass investigation.Let him make assumptions and theories.It was stated by Urobuchi that Kogami and Ginoza are of the same level in detective skills but as Ginoza was an inspector,he was way too conscious of his Psycho-Pass along with conflicts with his father.That's why Kougami was the one coming up with most of the answers and was the star of the show but there's nothing that's stopping Ginoza now.Now is the perfect opportunity to redeem his character.He has the skills to do it.So why is he being put to the side?This is just bad.If Ginoza was given some attention this season,people might have forgotten Kougami for a second and be like :Holy Shit!Was this what Ginoza was capable of?" After all he was an Inspector and demoted to Enforcer.That doesn't mean that his detective skills have also gone down.This is really making me angry.He is supposed to be a senior not only of Akane's but of Mika's as well but still Mika has done a better job than him.And Akane has solved the maximum of case by herself.It's not like Akane's not capable of doing it but Ginoza should also have solved it together with her.Biggest blunder of this whole season:Ginoza.If the writer does not want to make use of him,then what's the point of him even being there? -_- The hell with this shit!
Nov 28, 2014 11:54 AM
Jun 2013
Darkdrone said:
Ya the solution should be we all enjoy this season and shouldn't critque the inner workings of the plot. No no lets just hold hands and sing kumbaya that this season is amazing.

No, this season is a disappointment, but I like to see constructive opinions and something actually having to do with judging its quality.

I hate the season passionately, so I'm not telling to withdraw any critical thinking, but I can't help but feel that most opinions lack insight...
Nov 28, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
Rayzer said:
Darkdrone said:

tl;dr this shitty post.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
There's no point of debating/shitposting/arguing on this matter. It's obvious there's a major development that would happen on her since she's already included in the cast of the Real Sequel to the Psycho-Pass Season 1. No matter how the hate this character get it won't change the fact that she was Alive on the Movie Sequel.

So you skim over my entire post and label it as "shitty post". Last time you will get a response from me, don't deal with trolls.
Nov 28, 2014 11:58 AM
Nov 2009
That ending was magnificent. Can't wait to see what they do to Mika.
Nov 28, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
hassan0297 said:

Too long need to pu on a spoiler tag.
[spoiler]
Okay.So 8 episodes have passed.Investigation has come to an end and now it's time to catch Kamui but what really TICKS me off is that Where in the HELL is GINOZA?Forget Kougami for a second and explain it to me why the hell is being Ginoza being put to the side?Is this scriptwriter even awake?All we have seen is that Ginoza has only warned and advised Akane of her Psycho-Pass getting cloudy if she goes too deep.But what the hell?Is the writer seriously trying at all?Is he really trying to show that Ginoza is worried.If that IS his intention then for the love of God,let Ginoza do some badass investigation.Let him make assumptions and theories.It was stated by Urobuchi that Kogami and Ginoza are of the same level in detective skills but as Ginoza was an inspector,he was way too conscious of his Psycho-Pass along with conflicts with his father.That's why Kougami was the one coming up with most of the answers and was the star of the show but there's nothing that's stopping Ginoza now.Now is the perfect opportunity to redeem his character.He has the skills to do it.So why is he being put to the side?This is just bad.If Ginoza was given some attention this season,people might have forgotten Kougami for a second and be like :Holy Shit!Was this what Ginoza was capable of?" After all he was an Inspector and demoted to Enforcer.That doesn't mean that his detective skills have also gone down.This is really making me angry.He is supposed to be a senior not only of Akane's but of Mika's as well but still Mika has done a better job than him.And Akane has solved the maximum of case by herself.It's not like Akane's not capable of doing it but Ginoza should also have solved it together with her.Biggest blunder of this whole season:Ginoza.If the writer does not want to make use of him,then what's the point of him even being there? -_- The hell with this shit!

[/spoiler]
It's obvious that the New Fucking asshole writer doesn't give a fuck about a character he doesn't own. His efforts are most poured on Kirito Kamui (the coward/retard/rediculous back story) and Tougane and other shitty characters he made.
Good thing that they somewhat made an agreement what character would reprise on the Movie Sequel. And thanks God his shitty characters (Kamui and Tougane) was somewhat dead.
Nov 28, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
hassan0297 said:
what's the point of him (Ginoza) even being there? -_- The hell with this shit!

to show off his cyborg arm and punch drones into smithereens obviously

Agreed with your post though, this season has done a disservice to Ginoza and he's barely had ANY screen time this season. TBQFH it should have been him doing the research on Sybil and shit that Mika was seen doing this episode.
Nov 28, 2014 12:20 PM
Jun 2013
Speaking of downplayed characters, I need to rewatch Season 1 once again in order to remind myself that Akane Tsunemori had a personality. See ya later.
Nov 28, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2013
I find it ironic that Kamui (speaking through the doctor)--the same individual moved to tears at the thought of "freeing" Shisui-- was quick to defend an Orwellian surveillance system like Panopticon XD. Not exactly a replacement that's consistent with his presented goals or "ideals." Let's hope he has something better in mind, because otherwise I'd say he's confused.

Agreed. Ginoza is the only character that even moderately interests me, and he's been sidelined. There's so much they could have done with him. Maybe the butcher will bring him back in the movie.

Darkdrone said:

It appears that's what most want here. Funny, because the most insightful and logical argument imo has been adduced by the titular "ignorant haters," many of which are diehard fans of the franchise and actually know what the fuck they're talking about...
DouluoNov 28, 2014 12:56 PM
Nov 28, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2009
First Max Weber, now panopticon.. so much stuff I've learned studying sociology uwu
I've been missing the science info dumps

anyway I've like that episode a lot more than the previous one.
Nov 28, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Well,now that Kamui's truth has been revealed.This is what I think:Kamui has been deeply scarred by his in-acknowledgement in the society just because of a goddamn experiment.He not only wants revenge but also wants justice.He is not convinced of the Sibyl System.He may be planning something higher like introducing a new system that replaces Sibyl.I really hope that is the case.
My Prediction:Tougane kills Kamui.
Nov 28, 2014 12:46 PM
Sep 2013
Darkdrone said:

I'm afraid here you are being ignorant just from saying Mika bitches at Akane for no reason because she has reasons but you just don't know them because you're not empathising with her character. So I shall explain why your reasoning here is flawed.
As you have watched Season 1 you should already know that she was once an Oso student who had her best friends killed by a criminal, because of this she has become determined enough to become an inspector who's job is to bring criminals like Riyako to justice using the Sibyl system she has been brought up with. Because of this Mika has a natural dislike for all criminals, enforcers included. (exception is Yayoi because she comforted her after she lost her friends). So throughout her time as an inspector she only cares about dealing with criminals using the system, however in comes Akane who is doing everything she can to give these criminals another chance. This annoys Mika because not only does this go against Sibyl's rules, she is also trying to save the kind of people Mika hates. But what Mika didn't realise is that Akane knows the truth about the Siblyl system which is why she acts differently. Mika doesn't know this so she thinks what Akane is doing is pointless and she should just concentrate on doing what is expected of her job, which is why Mika criticises Akane's actions frequently. As viewers who knows the truth just like Akane, of course on a whole we would support Akane over Mika and think she's an idiot who keeps getting in the way of Akane. BUUUUUUUT if we look at things from HEEER point of view then its understandable WHY Mika acts the way she does.

Now with this post, I'm not asking or telling you to like her, as I personally don't like her that much so that's entirely your choice, you just need to understand that she does have her reasons and she is not being a "bitch" for the hell of it.
Nov 28, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
Told ya Kogami is the system pet.
Nov 28, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2007
AllTJAck said:
fllare said:
I'm really confused about how Kasei is supposedly Togane's mother?? like in season 1 she was revealed to be a robot and that the body was just cloned, so when she was 'killed', they would be replaced by a duplicate but with another persons brain? (from what i remember).

So if anybody has an answer as to how they can both link then i'd be grateful, as i really can't make sense of it myself.

The mother is part of sybil's brain complex, thats wat tougane was refering to when he said mom, it was her mind occupying the robot at that moment.#

I'm having issue with how they are seeming to change sybil's characterisation cause it seems to be acting more selfishly and scheming alot more, and combine with the implication of societal control during the season in hell, its becoming more of a classic dystopian dictator system rather then the morally gray social management system of the first season

While the Sibyl is made up of brains that share information, only one acts in charge at a time. Their personalities dictate how situations will play out. They kind of explained that last season in a round about way. At the start of this season when Kasei pulls away from her matrix style chair that connects to the brain cloud she says something along the lines of "So I guess I'm in charge this time". We can only guess that the person saying that is Misato Togane. s
Nov 28, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2013
So umm can someone tell me if anyone from div 3 survived because the enforcer with the yellow jacket and glasses didn't appear in the deceased list but he also wasn't transferred to div 1 and there are supposed to be only three divisions.
Nov 28, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
Uhm guys, Mika will not die because never ever in hell will Urobutcher let a annoying character like that die, she is basically Aldnoah.zeros Slaine who hates everything and get's into so deep shit but still survives everything by plot twists.

Kougane revelation; him being the grim reaper and act as sibyla systems grim reaper to kill those who stand in their way and of course get rid of people who pose a threat. And Kamui being a rubics puzzle made out of body parts explains the reason why he became a "ghost", because it literally can't recognize him since all the parts are components of the previous owners, who are declared and registered dead. That's a smoove move, and projects AA, nice seeing Immanuel Kants "Transcendental theory" being included with the: a priory!
Nov 28, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
Gymkata said:
I find it ironic that Kamui (speaking through the doctor)--the same individual moved to tears at the thought of "freeing" Shisui-- was quick to defend an Orwellian surveillance system like Panopticon XD. Not exactly a replacement that's consistent with his presented goals or "ideals." Let's hope he has something better in mind, because otherwise I'd say he's confused.

Agreed. Ginoza is the only character that even moderately interests me, and he's been sidelined. There's so much they could have done with him. Maybe the butcher will bring him back in the movie.

Darkdrone said:

It appears that's what most want here. Funny, because the most insightful and logical argument imo has been adduced by the titular "ignorant haters," many of which are diehard fans of the franchise and actually know what the fuck they're talking about...

After clarifying my thoughts for a while, I think what both you and darkrone said are sorta reasonable, albeit a little overblown at times.

The whole idea of Kamui being made of dead bodies may be seen as an expression of just many different organ transplants. Now, the key problem here is not that the explanation is totally unreasonable but it ventures on the lines of persuedo science ( hormonal control/cellular memory), thus it feel like an overstretch. Season 1 did a good job of not extending out of the safety zone in terms of logic, but I feel season 2 has 1 foot out of the door.

As for Mika, I know it is frustrating to watch her but I think another problem is that we viewers ( or at least season 1 veterans) knew from the start that the cheif is a tricky one to deal with. Put yourself in Mika's shoes and you would find that her thinking is rather reasonable, especially since she is such a stubborn follower of the system.

Well, at the very least, you guys did give some valid reasoning, so it would be unfair to just dismiss all of it as hating or whatsoever. I am just kind of shocked that some people were even asking the director to be fired since even though his writing is a little sketchy, i have seen much worse
Nov 28, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, that episode was fukced up, in a weird relaxing way. We learned that Tougane mom is somekind of weird mad scientist, that she's part of the brains of the Sybil system, Kamui is a big lump of dead kid meat and that Tougane is related with the Sybil system.

It isn't really surprising that there is a strong link between Tougane and the Sybil system, the OP kinda spoiled it with that scene of the transition between the director Sybil bot and Tougane. I didn't thought it would be that link though, I honestly believed that Tougane was somekind of robot like the director.

Thanks to Mika, we learned the whole plot of this season and now everything is clear. Unfortunatly for Mika, she had to fuck all her beautiful research by starting bitching against Akane again. Goddamnit, Mika, can you just do ONE thing right?
It was still kinda hard to see her break at the end. I think that she represent the average citizen under the Sybil system, just like the doctor said, Kamui was seeing doctor to tell them about his problem, but they would always runaway from him because he was the incarnation of the Sybil failures. Learning the truth would shatter her little world, since she isn't as strong mentally as Akane.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 28, 2014 5:47 PM

Nov 2012
ArdenFolgore said:
WorldInverse said:

It's not as bad as one episode from S1 that I can't remember.

I facepalmed a lot when I was watching that one.

actually IMO it is as bad (I didn't pay attention to previous episode though)
The animation itself isn't smooth.
I can't give GIFs like that lol but that meeting scene really cracked me up ^^;
especially when Mika screamed.

Unrelated note: I love your signature.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

639 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.