Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 8 Discussion

Nov 26, 2014 1:25 AM
News Team
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, ah Gyanko never ceases to amuse me in this show. Can't wait for their date

The battle this episode felt pretty fast since it didn't take much screen time. Still liked it though with the teamwork, OST, etc. Poor Gyanko though. I was cheering for her team to win but they came up short :(

Nov 26, 2014 3:44 AM

Battle was way to fast.
I guess they want to demonstrate how powerful team G-Master is.

The G-Fighter can use martial arts?
So I can expect Sekai to have a kung fu match with a jet next ep, huh.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 26, 2014 4:30 AM

Aha, another returnee in Adams heading up what looks to be the top national contender.

I'm disappointed that both matches were so one-sided.

Nov 26, 2014 5:00 AM

Lol, so he is really "the" Sleggar...lol, well I think it's just his known nickname though.

Also surprised to how much I care for Gyanko when compared to Sasaki. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

Nov 26, 2014 5:03 AM

kaimax said:
Also surprised to how much I care for Gyanko when compared to Sasaki. lol
B-but Sasaki was so much cuter.

Nov 26, 2014 5:33 AM

lmao that intro with minato and lots of cameo + seductive hoshino <3
yomi-chan, i love bitch like her <3
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Nov 26, 2014 5:37 AM

Dat intro ! Dat Fumina !
Poor gyanko

Nov 26, 2014 5:46 AM

Holy Shit,Both Ennil El and that chick with the Treize Eyebrows from Gundam Wing and another chick who looks just as crazy

That guy has one twisted imagination

Next week............Jet Kung-Fu,Now that's gonna be awesome

Nov 26, 2014 6:19 AM

if you guy read the manga then you know what school they are talking about.

Nov 26, 2014 7:34 AM

Well at least this shows that the finals should be really awesome :3 I can already see the match ups ^^

Gyanko was pretty cute when asking Sekai for a date. Why did they have to make her so....big(?) though XD

Nov 26, 2014 8:24 AM

Sakai Minato's boner for Hoshino Fumina

Nov 26, 2014 9:11 AM

YES! A GUNDAM WITH A LION CHEST!
Modified by Fortress_Maximus, Nov 26, 2014 9:56 AM

Nov 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Good episode but it was very predictable from the moment that Gyanko made that promise since 99% of such promises always fail. It seems like they are switching the Gundam from swords and beams to Martial Arts.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, GTX 670 DC-2, 16GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport,
Noctua NH-D15, Antec VPF 550W, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!

Nov 26, 2014 9:58 AM

Hand_of_the_King said:
Holy Shit,Both Ennil El and that chick with the Treize Eyebrows from Gundam Wing and another chick who looks just as crazy

That guy has one twisted imagination

Next week............Jet Kung-Fu,Now that's gonna be awesome
Dorothy Catalonia was her name. Man such a nostalgia kick. Minato has some good dreams.

Nov 26, 2014 10:46 AM

Primus2x said:

Gundam ZZ + GaoGaigar + Super robot that have large cross motives? (Thought it was Daitarn 3 at first)

Nov 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Things got a little too dramtic when Gyanko lost. It's like she got killed.

Nov 26, 2014 2:35 PM

The ending, over dramatic to invoke the emotions we felt from previous tragic Gundam scenes.

Nov 26, 2014 4:27 PM
Sakai that PERV ~

Nov 26, 2014 5:54 PM

Hand_of_the_King said:

Chara Soon and yeah she is cray cray. Also Aisha from Gundam SEED and Kati from 00. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

Nov 26, 2014 7:19 PM
The Try team fight was a bit too short.
Is it me or in almost every win the winner loses no gundams?
Also, nice cameos.

Nov 26, 2014 10:56 PM
What's with the ridiculously over dramatic scenes this season?

Nov 27, 2014 2:27 AM

Yomi's V gundam is pretty freaking cool.
[center]

Nov 27, 2014 2:37 AM
Observer

Primus2x said:
The ending, over dramatic to invoke the emotions we felt from previous tragic Gundam scenes.

I lol'ed at that over-dramatic moment, as if the player died with the mobile suit lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Nov 27, 2014 12:02 PM
wakka9ca said:
Primus2x said:

I lol'ed at that over-dramatic moment, as if the player died with the mobile suit lol.

They should have added "You will see the (cringe worthy and forced) melodrama of time". Guess this is bound to happen with Gyanko since her first introduction turned into a retarded drama of her "Falling through a colony hole and being caught by Sekai...........in a Gunpla battle, falling in love later".

I really wish try fighters would try some different fighting strategy..........like Sekai can be the bait or tank, while the other 2 finish off the opponents. Still the same pattern, Fumina shoot or send out parts, Yuuma shoots or attach parts and shoot..........Sekai says "Jigen Haoh random name" and finishes off the opponents, sometimes with a big fist.

Btw who repaired Build Burning during such a short time? It was damaged in the previous battle and not to mention is a highly customized gunpla. Yuuma i guess?

But Megashiki and mega bazooka launcher, V Gundam with Impulses words and G-Armor aka Sleggar was pretty cool. It seems the opponents are more interesting than the main characters this time.
Modified by Dragon_Slayer_X, Nov 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Nov 27, 2014 12:32 PM

Gyanko and the others RIP

Nov 27, 2014 1:04 PM

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Btw who repaired Build Burning during such a short time? It was damaged in the previous battle and not to mention is a highly customized gunpla. Yuuma i guess?

I'm guessing so too. But the fact they didn't even mention it at all realllllly bugged me. It's supposed to be a mysterious/super customized gunpla made by Iori Sei... Yet it was just fixed magically somehow, off screen

Nov 27, 2014 5:03 PM

Max-Power said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I'm guessing so too. But the fact they didn't even mention it at all realllllly bugged me. It's supposed to be a mysterious/super customized gunpla made by Iori Sei... Yet it was just fixed magically somehow, off screen

Well, if we're talking about assumptions for now, Yuuma is "Sei's Protege", so just "fixing" his BBG was probably not a problem and he won an award for Gunpla building. Adding the fact that BBG doesn't have any "external" gimmicks like the backpack and launcher of Star Build Strike, makes maintenance manageable for Yuuma.

The Gunpla data is probably recorded on the GP base, so they didn't have much trouble finding reference too.
Once again, this is all assumptions.

Nov 28, 2014 7:07 AM
kaimax said:
Max-Power said:

Well, if we're talking about assumptions for now, Yuuma is "Sei's Protege", so just "fixing" his BBG was probably not a problem and he won an award for Gunpla building. Adding the fact that BBG doesn't have any "external" gimmicks like the backpack and launcher of Star Build Strike, makes maintenance manageable for Yuuma.

The Gunpla data is probably recorded on the GP base, so they didn't have much trouble finding reference too.
Once again, this is all assumptions.

Sadly they could have spend 30 seconds to say something about it (rather than wasting time with cheap drama that made me look away from the screen in annoyance), but it was completely ignored (no one bothered talking about it). There is also the issue with the pseudo RG system, if Yuuma can "fix" that, then he should have already installed one on his own machine as a trump card. This is becoming more of a rom-com and less of a Gundam series.

Nov 28, 2014 10:25 AM

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
There is also the issue with the pseudo RG system.

This was already an issue from the first season, "How do you install things into your gunpla?" when it's just plastic. Also, we don't even know if the system is really there or needs fixing to begin with as Sekai "never used" it. Yuuma can easily replicate the good arm, and that's enough for the series.

And this is why I don't bother analyzing with the technical part of GBF, because it's the same as any toy based anime with super powers, it's just not worth the time and sucks the fun out it.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
This is becoming more of a rom-com and less of a Gundam series.

Lol, you're talking like the first one wasn't the same.

Nov 28, 2014 11:13 AM
kaimax said:
Also, we don't even know if the system is really there or needs fixing to begin with as Sekai "never used" it. Yuuma can easily replicate the good arm, and that's enough for the series.

Ummm are you saying those large flashes of particles we saw when Sekai used those punches was because of his manly energy and not the RG system? I was under the impression that the RG system is always activated and enhances BBG's parameters. Sekai would be in trouble with any normal Gunpla because of his fighting style

kaimax said:

And this is why I don't bother analyzing with the technical part of GBF, because it's the same as any toy based anime with super powers, it's just not worth the time and sucks the fun out it.

Neither do i and i enjoyed the first season, no complaints there. But this season is ridiculous even for GBF standards. I really am finding it hard to enjoy with each passing episodes. Luckily the opponent teams are more interesting and the cameos are there.

kaimax said:
Lol, you're talking like the first one wasn't the same.

At least it tried to show us some Gundam style battles along with the world of Gunpla, even the drama was well done. Not overflowing and unnecessary like this season. I mean what was the point of that cringe worthy drama of Gyanko "falling because of a colony damage and Sekai grabbing her hand with some heroic(?) dialogue" when we could have a space battle in the same situation to show Sekai that he needs more training and control.

No offense my friend, but i really am dissapointed with GBF Try...............it could have been better but the potential is being wasted. Hopefully they will some variation in the main characters future battles..

Nov 28, 2014 11:40 PM

They didn't need to fix Build Burning because they've shown that you can simply turn off/down actual damage to the models, so it didn't really take more than a few scratches in the fight last week.

Nov 28, 2014 11:40 PM

skudoops said:
What's with the ridiculously over dramatic scenes this season?

"GYANKOOOOO"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Nov 29, 2014 7:36 PM

I really dislike Gyanko so an episode centered partially around her kinda bored me.

Dec 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Man some people are MASSIVELY over thinking the scenes in this show holy shit lol.

Dec 1, 2014 6:39 PM

Try fighters fight was too rushed.
I guess a glimpse of G-Master power was needed.
Hyped for the next battle.

That said, Gyanko defeat was too exagerated. An Sekai´s line, "My fist felt her feelings" made me pause the episode, smash my head against the wall and then continue watching.

Dec 4, 2014 5:40 PM

Holy shit this episode just convinced me to preorder the mega shiki even though the entire episode was crap.

Dec 9, 2014 8:28 PM

Primus2x said:

Hahaha when i saw that i immediately thought it as King of the Braves Gaogaigar Gundam XD I absolutely won't mind if somehow it managed to get some action!

Dec 10, 2014 11:19 PM

^ Gundam is slowly turning into Sentai Robots.
First Danball, now this.
Still it's awesome!

Jan 18, 2015 2:23 PM

Lol, people complaining about the over-dramatized scene of Gyanko's loss.
Don't you people get that it was like a homage and little fun of such scenes in many Gundam series where characters die?
It was done on purpose.

Apr 20, 2016 5:20 AM

Best of 4 !! Few steps away from the higher grounds .
'Gyan Family' sure are contenders for a long time ~ .
Even if it is expected , Girls cannot be underestimated ~ . Sometimes .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 6, 9:28 AM
No one mentioned the Loran Cehack cameo so perhaps it wasn't really him after all. Really did look like him though.