Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 24, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fun. Started off with an intense 'battle' and then that fairy cutie.

The episode felt a bit different though focusing on Hajime Kiryu and his group. We get a bit of exploration with Hajime and his relation with the system. Lol, Virgin Child. Hajime really knows how to spice up a show :D

Andou and his Dark & Dark though.
Nov 24, 2014 9:30 AM

May 2009
You expected they will fight against team Chuunitards to save her?

NOPE

They teleported her back to classroom.

Anticlimatic as fuck.
Nov 24, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2010
Fairies that begin this war and only 8 can have their wish granted!

Hajime's power are really strong, destroying the anti-war group and getting a new member. Wanted to see how strong System was though! Hajime unwilling to be manipulated was pretty nice.

Sayumi's power teleporting Hatoko back. It was nice to see them all making up at the end.

Also everybody now knowing Tomoyo is an author! Andou unable to say it in a normal way xD

Pullings the chips bag like that, thought it would explode. Like how pulling a bag of chips was his limit xD

Looking forward to how useless Andou's power may be xD
Nov 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
me after ep 7 "yes, finally we are getting battles"

me after ep 8 "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!"

inou-battle y u no battle??
Nov 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
For the most part we follow Tomoyo's older brother Hajime. We learn the source of the powers everyone has are fairies, and that they're holding a giant battle of sorts. This all plays out via flashback, starting from the same material as the earliest episodes of the series. We are given new context on his phone call while he was talking with Andou in that one episode for instance. So after about 15 minutes of this I'm starting to think we really are gonna have a completely different feel on our hands with the rest of this show, and I'm getting kinda bummed. I'm worried this is coming way too late in the game and I won't be able to enjoy it as much as the earlier slice of life episodes.

And then, suddenly, the show does something that completely surprises me: it resolves last week's drama in under 5 minutes. We learn Hatoko was taken by mistake, and she's instantly reunited with the group thanks to Sayumi's power. Tomoyo reveals her light novel ambitions and Andou apologizes to Hatoko, who in turn apologizes. I was left...surprised to say the least. The show ends on either a joke or something more serious with Andou's power seemingly going out of control while trying to open a bag of chips, I can't decide which is more likely. He wasn't in the preview for next week though...might that imply he disappears or am I reading too much into it?

I'm pleased with how this turned out and I think I may have underestimated this show. We're probably not done with Hajime's group and the battles, but next week shows no signs of it at least. And he did say he wanted to leave Andou's group out of this..guess we'll see how this holds up. A weird episode, especially regarding pacing, but it managed to resolve last week so I'm good.
Nov 24, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. "It's always my turn" XD Kiryuu too BA master of trolling :P

Dat plot. So there are around 1000 power users? Interesting :3

Nice to seeing what the context of Kiryuu's call was when he was with Andou at the cafe.

The way he got System to join was lol...she looks like Chifuyu but with black hair XD

Dat Route of Origin is HAX. Hell now that I think about it, I can't see these guys losing if they do indeed join the war. They have some of the most broken abilities out there and that's without even mentioning Andou's power when it eventually awakens....for real :P

Nice to see Hatoko and Andou make up...Tomoyo is starting to get jelly too :3

Dat Chifuyu cockblocking XD

I'm sure battle will be in all due time. Sadly I don't think that'll be in this season though...not like we're getting a 2nd season unfortunately T^T
Nov 24, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2011
Hmm the series seems to have started alternating between great and merely good episodes. This was one of the latter. Although it did explain a lot more what's going on.

Those guys are not just shadows in the opening anymore. It seems they're a group participating in some all versus all war. And the club have also been dragged into it, but Hajime has, at least so far, shielded them. If the number is going to drop to eight eventually, though, that state won't be able to last indefinitely.

I wonder what that girl's ability was that so terrified the one with the ability to detect the abilities of others (I'm going to have to go back over this episode at some point to learn the names of all the new characters)...

And I wonder if F's ultimate weapon is the student council president... The ability to steal the ability of anyone else does seem like the sort of thing that one would think up if they were coming up with a technique that would beat anyone else's.
kuuderes_shadowNov 24, 2014 12:02 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 24, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2013
Dark and Dark of the End lol. Wonder what happened to him that caused him to scream like that at the end.
Nov 24, 2014 12:13 PM
Aug 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:

And I wonder if F's ultimate weapon is the student council president... The ability to steal the ability of anyone else does seem like the sort of thing that one would think up if they were coming up with a technique that would beat anyone else's.

I like this theory.
Nov 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
Lmao it's so anticlimactic that it's god damn funny.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 24, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
This was an OK episode.

The explanation was done nicely. Telling about the origin of these superpowers and all. I liked how they told it all in a flashback way.

I kinda expected Andou and company to go, fight and save Hatoko. But they just had to teleport her back. That was dumb. One of the dumbest things that ever happened in this anime. And I don't mean the funny dumb.

Concerning Hatoko's problem, I wasn't surprised in the least. They had a chance to make this worthwhile in the previous episode after Hatoko exploded. After it was ruined there, there wasn't any chance of her problem ending in a way which could be called good. I'm not dissappointed because I didn't expect anything to happen related to it in this episode.
Andou had the chance to apologize in a humane way but he opted to act like an idiot. He should've remained serious and not go all chuuni while apologizing. That kinda ruined a possible good moment. By "good" i mean "relatively good".

And here I thought that they will fight against Hajime and friends.
Nov 24, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2013
lol teleport that was great.

and the ending what?
Nov 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2012
Ok episode, not as good as other episodes.........Wonder what happened at the end......
Nov 24, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
And the real plot appears! or not...
Nov 24, 2014 12:33 PM

Feb 2014
What happened in this episode was kind of strange.... can we go back to the old ones?
Nov 24, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
So looks like Hajime was referring to Sayumi but got Hotoko instead, I wonder what has happened to jurai arm?
Nov 24, 2014 12:36 PM
Oct 2014
Does anyone know If all that chuuni war plot is gonna be developed later on? or its just gonna stay with the highschool plot? Because it really seemed like that was just an special episode but it would be really really cool if they got into the war
Nov 24, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
Lol, I love this! You thought it was starting to get more serious? Well, it didn't, and that "fairy war" or whatever will probably just keep being an unimportant background event.

Still wondering what's happening to Andou's arm, but that probably just insignificant comic relief, as always.
Nov 24, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
Well being able to teleport people like that sure is useful :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 24, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
That episode gave a humorous spin on the whole suspenseful Hatoko's kidnapping last episode. That Kiryuu is just great.

The Fairy/Faery War? Seems the show's title was spot-on, but the lead cast was (intentionally) kept in the dark.

Dark and Dark of the End? Maybe Andou has some bad feedback due to forceful Awakening?
Nov 24, 2014 12:59 PM
Feb 2013
Was wondering how they were gonna keep the series entertaining despite each episode was entertaining in its own way.

Build up and power-ups. Looking forward to watching the next episode.
Nov 24, 2014 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
Nice ep, route origin is broken as hell though(most of their power are actually).
Nov 24, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, a good explanation of history was presented, despite being cliche bantante have put fairy now

I'm more curious about the development of the plot and who will be the villain of the story, I want soon see battles with superpowers ..
Nov 24, 2014 1:49 PM

Nov 2014
Just when I think this show is actually about to start getting somewhere, they just turn the whole thing back around. I don't know if I should be expecting Dark and Dark to actually do something now either.
Nov 24, 2014 1:54 PM
Aug 2014
lmao and here I thought shit was going down.
Nov 24, 2014 1:56 PM
Apr 2013
This episode was a massive tease. I have never said "NO GO BACK TO FIGHTING AND STUFF" at a SoL Harem anime before.
Nov 24, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Wow that was a massive info dump and still a nice episode.
Nov 24, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2012
Lmao What the shit happened towards the end? A mix of embarrassment, jealously, and topped with a buncha ridiculousness.

Great episode though. Pretty funny to know that Hajime was actually speaking to someone over the phone.

Nov 24, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Hope he didn't get hurt, that scream makes me worry
Nov 24, 2014 2:35 PM
May 2014
Right now I'm totally expecting F to be the main cast and Andou is the secret weapon and none of them know it except Hajime.
Nov 24, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2014
y123y said:
So all that drama, jealousy, etc from episode 7 was solved in less than a minute in this episode ...... wow.....

What I got from the "war" was that whomever wins it gets a wish granted, is that correct? Sounds familiar to another anime being shown this season

The answer is selector spread wixoss. I bet you thought it was fate you filthy casual.
Nov 24, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 2014
I'm call'en it Shizumo Sagami is System. thoughts?
Nov 24, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2010
What surprised me this episode is that there is actually a girl that likes that lame irresponsible guy, i guess that will be an household where the woman arranges everything.
Well if that's what she likes.

In any case this explains where the powers came from and with what reason but there is still a lot that needs to happen from the looks of it.
Nov 24, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't expect that background plot.
There was no fight.. but still it was funny, that teleport, or maybe, return/assemble power was great.

I laughed at Andou at the end, awakening is power while trying to open a potato chips pack.
I do wonder why he screamed like that.
Nov 24, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
I don't understand why so many people are saying this episode wasn't as good as the others, I personally found this one to be the best episode yet =o We got to see a ton of Kiryuu, who is just a badass, and his team. There was lots of stuff explained and some cool, even if a little short, fighting scenes. And Andou finally awakened his power, that blood curdling scream at the end had me laughing for a good few minutes XD

I really look forward to the next episode, I wanna see Kiryuu's group confront Andou's >=o
Nov 24, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2014
This suddenly turned to Fate/stay night for the first 15 min. xD

secret Fairy war?
Wish for the winner 8?

All we need now is a creepy a priest on the Committee
ShrimperorNov 24, 2014 3:23 PM
Nov 24, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2014
bastek66 said:
You expected they will fight against team Chuunitards to save her?

NOPE

They teleported her back to classroom.

Anticlimatic as fuck.

I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting there to be a fight in the first place. It didn't feel like they were setting up for one, at least to me anyway.

----

The first part of this episode flew by really quickly. The mid-card appeared in what seemed like two minutes. It's quite interesting to see that there really is a war going on. I suspected that there would be one, but I wasn't quite sure if the show was going to go there or not. Also, I think that Andou screamed at the end because he realized that even his awakened power is still pretty useless. It didn't burn anything. XD
Nov 24, 2014 4:22 PM

May 2012
Kind of disappointed in this episode. After what happened in last weeks ep. I thought they were going to fight because they kidnapped or brainwashed Hatoko. Other than that seeing Hajime group was pretty good.
Nov 24, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2014
Entertaining. Unfocused. Funny. Anticlimactic. Clever. Messy.

Words that easily comes to mind after this week episode. It's nice to know the show has something bigger going on besides the slice-of-life/school antics but goddamn they way they handled it sometimes just leaves me pissed.
Something like Episode 7 is what I want to watch every week... it's frustrating this anime doesn't have a single drop of consistency... well, at least Dark and Dark is going to a whole new level... and I hope it's a whole new level of uselessness!
Nov 24, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2012
i think this episode will have real action but i wrong ._.
at least we can see the Kiryuu.

Dark and Dark of The End xD
looks like this skill have bad consequence.

Nov 24, 2014 4:45 PM

Feb 2012
Bwahahaha, this episode of Inou Battle was anticlimactic as f*ck.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Nov 24, 2014 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
Yikes. The sudden shift to plot is quite jarring. What the hell is even going on?
Nov 24, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2012
it was an ok episode for me, and pretty anticlimatic one, and once again, literature club member ability is definetily op as fuck. and that kiryuu whatever name trying to kidnap sayumi,and trying to overwrite her memories but mistaken it with hatoko, truly a complete bastard.
Nov 24, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
Consider root of origin and their overall fire power, I'm not surprised there was no confrontation. It'll be more stupid for them to fight and win in the end.

Hhmm.. Tomoyo getting a little jelly there hoho. But Chifuyu has the guts to cockblock the good atmosphere.

Hmm.. There might be some sort of confrontation next ep.
julyanNov 24, 2014 5:12 PM
Nov 24, 2014 5:10 PM

Jul 2007
What the fuck is going on at this show I don't even know. I love it though. It's cool that we got some actual plot in the anime I didn't expect that. Curious to see where this is going.
Nov 24, 2014 5:14 PM

Sep 2012
let's be honest guys... this episode was horrible...

i expected so much because of last episode, how will the plot continues, they actually use their abilities to fight to attempt to get Hatoko back, and THIS! what?! much disappointment D:
Nov 24, 2014 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Hajime's power is pretty strong.

Sayumi's power got Hatoko back.
Nov 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
On one side i'm actually quite glad they didn't have to fight Hajime's gang. Tomoyo or Chifuyu alone could crush all of them in no time.

But dat anticlimatic resolution thou...
Nov 24, 2014 5:38 PM

Dec 2013
Now things just got even much more unrealistic. Wow.

Anywho. Why are the girls in this show soooo damn pretty? God damnit.

5/5.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Nov 24, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
What a random episode, haha. We're suddenly getting the real plot revealed, some very short battles, and Hatoko was just ported to the club room like that. Damn fairies and their War for amusement, though any wish fulfilled as a prize for the winners seems pretty nice.

The literature club's powers seem very overpowered at least compared to what we've seen. I honestly want to know what Andou's flame does already, but i'm guessing i'll be lucky to see it even in episode 12.

Still 5/5, for the lolz, if not for anything else...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.