Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
MineFTW said:

i guess i would just draw my own ending because im pretty good in drawing...
not that it would change anything....-,-

This post really reminds me of a delusional narusaku fan which is sad to be honest.

They even made a finctional son for naruto and sakura. lol
Nov 23, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
She died? I dropped this after the original route but I'm picking it up again then. lol

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
MineFTW said:

i guess i would just draw my own ending because im pretty good in drawing...
not that it would change anything....-,-

This post really reminds me of a delusional narusaku fan which is sad to be honest.

I liked Mine but I have to agree with it. Just accept it, she's going to die.
[center][/center]
Sep 2014
Hmm, alright episode. The only part I didn't like was how easily Budou was defeated after being introduced as nearly an equal to Esdeath in the last episode, but perhaps this foreshadows something in the Manga: is Mein going to end up defeating him before dying in the Manga as well?

But yeah, you can definitely see the animation drop in quality the moment Budou was introduced.
Nov 23, 2014 10:09 AM

Feb 2014
Screw the Mine haters, she's not even that bad. Decent enough character (one of my favs) so I'm sad to see her go. It was a pretty rushed death, but the anime has run into a wall so it's ok I guess.

Mine better fucking live in the manga, I really hope she makes it through. I don't think this is spoiling anything because the manga and anime are pretty different at this point. I bet the author has much different plans for the manga.

Also Buduo was such a badass in the manga, I feel like he was greatly diminished in the anime.
Nov 23, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
lol the studio is so stupid. They made the skipped church fight into this(shit), Mine kissing Tatsumi after being capture is different too. I think this won't spoil anything because now I know that the manga will have a complete different ending. They turned the pace 10 times faster, can only mean that they want to wrap the history now without making a second season.
Oww, just remembered Budou flies!? That was hilarious, just for the sake of doing a dramatic DBZ showdown.
Nov 23, 2014 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
Okay episode. Is it just me or the anime has become a bit shallow in the last few episodes?

Well, they killed my favourite girl. Will watch the remaining 3 episodes just for the sake of finishing it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 23, 2014 10:11 AM

Dec 2013
RIP Mine
mods are cucks
Nov 23, 2014 10:11 AM

Jun 2011
I find it very funny how easily the Teigu breaks in the anime.
Nov 23, 2014 10:13 AM

Apr 2014
Theorder14 said:

Makes me wonder how did this teigu last for so long lol.

Inb4Manga

Nov 23, 2014 10:13 AM
Oct 2014
vitaxlilium said:
Z4k said:

I liked Mine but I have to agree with it. Just accept it, she's going to die.

and basically this is the reason why im not saying that she will die u giving her death flags because she died in a original ending....are u guys insane but sure why not give her as much death flags as u want.i think he is going to make total diffrent endings...
Nov 23, 2014 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Nice to see Mine and Tatsumi kissed.

RIP Mine!
Nov 23, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
LoomyTheBrew said:
Screw the Mine haters, she's not even that bad. Decent enough character (one of my favs) so I'm sad to see her go. It was a pretty rushed death, but the anime has run into a wall so it's ok I guess.

Mine better fucking live in the manga, I really hope she makes it through. I don't think this is spoiling anything because the manga and anime are pretty different at this point. I bet the author has much different plans for the manga.

Also Buduo was such a badass in the manga, I feel like he was greatly diminished in the anime.

Budou was definitely nerfed in the anime

Oct 2014
It's funny how some of you are sooo confident that Mine will die in the manga after this trainwreck of an episode.

I ask this

When has terrible filler ever been inserted into a manga?

Oct 2014
I don't think Budou is dead

It would be stupid for Mine to not die going against Budou (pretty much alone)

I know Tatsumi has grown as a man and everything but I would love to see him go berserk with Incursio and even if he doesn't if Kurome dies I am sure Wave will go berserk with Grand Chariot I am greatly anticipating there fight because I get the feeling it will be the best animation wise.

Hopefully Wave wont let Kurome die.
Nov 23, 2014 10:16 AM

Dec 2013
Haven't watched the episode yet, but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Mine died!!!
Nov 23, 2014 10:16 AM
Oct 2014
GC-Wave said:
It's funny how some of you are sooo confident that Mine will die in the manga after this trainwreck of an episode.

I ask this

When how terrible filler ever been inserted into a manga?

bingo u get a cake
Nov 23, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, they did really kill Mine. That's stupid dude... this could be much better but they ruined it, the fight could have been awesome too... but it was meh.
Nov 23, 2014 10:18 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty great episode.... Su's sacrifice was awesome but I really feel sorry for Mine... in fact why the hell does she get all this damn hate? You guys are sickening. This is even worse than the memes that came for chelsea's head on a pole. You guys make me feel like I'm a nice person and I know i'm not.

Bunch of assholes...
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Nov 23, 2014 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
Inori_is_love said:
I didn't hate Mine in fact I kind of liked her but wtf was with that death. It wouldn't have taken too much time to develop her death a bit more when she died I felt nothing I hope she still dies in the manga but please make her death better because that really sucked.

Susanoo is a secondary male character so he was always going to die much like Lubbock. Again they aren't making these deaths mean anything.

Najenda mentioned Lubbock..

It isn't a bad thing if Budo is still alive gives Tatsumi a chance to avenge Mine because if Esdeath had killed her he wouldn't be able to build his character at least now he can get stronger and take down Budou

But then again screw all of night raid I really hope Kurome gets better that scene where she touched her head and managed to get hair broke my heart. Please get better.

Well you are in a tough spot. The deaths from ep 19 to here were all different and way undeveloped compared to the manga. That just confirms that Budou is dead and that the predictability will continue... Kurome scene I think it doesn't happen.
Nov 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
shanimebib said:
Okay episode. Is it just me or the anime has become a bit shallow in the last few episodes?

Well, they killed my favourite girl. Will watch the remaining 3 episodes just for the sake of finishing it.

Well that is what happens when they make a perfect adaptation until the few episodes(doesn't make sense)... And change the rest without thinking.
Nov 23, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

That too. This episode overall wasn't that good. Also, how did Mine actually die? It wasn't really clear.

The writing is terrible really. No matter how much you hate Mine you can't deny that her death (and Lubbock's) were complete shit.
[center][/center]
Nov 23, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2014
Welcome to the future xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 23, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2012
Darklight0303 said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

For God sake they made the guy(Buduo ) fly!?...
Nov 23, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2014
GC-Wave said:

I ask this

The author usually kills off one of his characters in christmas. Right now mine's the only one likely to die.
Nov 23, 2014 10:25 AM
Oct 2014
vitaxlilium said:
Darklight0303 said:

That too. This episode overall wasn't that good. Also, how did Mine actually die? It wasn't really clear.

The writing is terrible really. No matter how much you hate Mine you can't deny that her death (and Lubbock's) were complete shit.

Mine died because of the recoil of her weapon or the thunder shock from budou

i think....
Nov 23, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
GC-Wave said:
So no answer to my question?

Nope lol.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 23, 2014 10:26 AM

Jun 2012
Z4k said:
GC-Wave said:

I ask this

The author usually kills off one of his characters in christmas. Right now mine's the only one likely to die.

Really?! I bet my money that is Esdeth that kills her.
Nov 23, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
GC-Wave said:

I ask this

While that is true, you're basing that specific death off a terrible filler.
Sep 2014
GC-Wave said:

I ask this

Happened a few times in Naruto; I could talk more about it but it'd be off-topic.

Theorder14 said:

That should be expected, she was fighting Budou of all people. I'd like to think of him as a bigger threat than Seryuu was, as it should be.

Jun 2014
vitaxlilium said:

Could it possible be because of all the hits she took during the fight?
Nov 23, 2014 10:30 AM
Oct 2014
GC-Wave said:
Z4k said:

While that is true, you're basing that specific death off a terrible filler.

about death flags....did u forgot najande.......najaenda=zero teigu...

Oct 2014
7starkiller99 said:
Szadek23 said:

No one is confirmed dead until we see their ghastly corpse and only then if we made sure that it wasn't a clone, dummy, robot, or some other fake.

Rule #1 of Batman and anime.

The way the anime has gone if a character says they're gonna die they will. Except Najenda because she can't die.
Oct 2014
bastek66 said:
Raycee said:
How is that confirmed?

Because they are doing gecko ending.

Im sorry but what is a "Gecko" ending. Im not english so I dont get what this means
Nov 23, 2014 10:31 AM
Sep 2014
7starkiller99 said:
Szadek23 said:

No one is confirmed dead until we see their ghastly corpse and only then if we made sure that it wasn't a clone, dummy, robot, or some other fake.

That rule doesn't really exist here.
Nov 23, 2014 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
Seems Mine died... I'm having trouble believing it though. She really didn't seem lethally injured. If you're able to lean up and kiss then you should be able to survive. Taking a few hits in this anime usually don't mean all that much unless your head ends up on a stake (or in a tummy).
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.

Jun 2014
Teedog12 said:
7starkiller99 said:

That rule doesn't really exist here.

No, but we get the rule of massive explosions/executions.

Unless there is a flashy death scene, nobody is dead.
(All the death scenes have been pretty clear)
Examples: Lubbo, Chelsea, Sheeeleee.

May 2009
Jarkzy said:
bastek66 said:

Im sorry but what is a "Gecko" ending. Im not english so I dont get what this means

Then fucking google it.

Jul 2014
Szadek23 said:
vitaxlilium said:

That's true I guess, especially since she mentioned that she can't heal like Leone, but it still seems half assed. All the deaths that have come before this have been clear cut and precise except maybe Bulat's.
[center][/center]
Oct 2013
Jarkzy said:
bastek66 said:

"Gecko ending- an anime where the manga's ending isn't done or is otherwise not used and it instead makes up it's own. Named for a gecko's ability to discard a tail and grow a new one."
Nov 23, 2014 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
Jarkzy said:
bastek66 said:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GeckoEnding
Nov 23, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2013
7starkiller99 said:
mbdsquad said:

"Gecko ending- an anime where the manga's ending isn't done or is otherwise not used and it instead makes up it's own. Named for a gecko's ability to discard a tail and grow a new one."

Translation: Anime only ending xD.

Much better that way.
Nov 23, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2014

The only ending I can think of that was better than the manga was Trinity Blood.
I mean, that's an extreme case, because the original author...well died.

Nov 23, 2014 10:38 AM
Sep 2014
I'm not liking the direction they're going with the Jaegers in the Anime though. Run has done literally nothing so far, Wave had one fight (against a Tatsumi who ran away), and Kurome is apparently going to die next episode judging from the preview. Removing
really killed a lot of character development for those three.

Dec 2013
Woah so Mine died. Although it is anime only I got a bad feeling for upcoming chapters.

so far anime : manga still +1 death to be equal.

glad they did the Esdeath vs Susanoo fight.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 2013
7starkiller99 said:

The only ending I can think of that was better than the manga was Trinity Blood.
I mean, that's an extreme case, because the original author...well died.

I mean your translation, not AKG's ending...
Nov 23, 2014 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
Awwwwww, they killed Mine. I really liked her. I'm still hoping they don't go for Akame being the lone survivor ending. That would be very disappointing
Nov 23, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2014
kurome gonna die next ep? .... nooooooooooooo
Jul 2013
I still don't understand how IT CAN BE SAID that Budou was nerfed. I ESPECIALLY dont understand the following:

Darklight0303 said:
Budou is still fuckin alive and took the full blast from Mine's Pumpkin just fine and was only more pissed than anything. That alone cancels out a good deal of your counter arguments. Yeah he's fast but at that time he was only dealing with Esdeath. Now there's Esdeath and Budou who can't be even bruised by a full power pumpkin blast.

Like I've JUST checked the manga and unless there's a raw that's since come out Budou hasn't reappeared at ALL. All that's happened is that he was shot by Mine and then he was knocked away and hasn't gotten up since. He might just be winded, maybe unconscious (though unlikely) and perhaps (I REALLY doubt it) dead. But I digress.

My main point is that all that's happened is that Mine killing Budou IS plausible because at the moment in the manga (which is eventually mirrored when she's fighting Budou alone in the anime) Mine's gotten an EXTREME boost. The manga focuses HEAVILY on that boost in the most recent chapter. Is it ENOUGH to kill him? That's not really something we can say for sure as of yet because we dont know how big this boost is.

If you say that there's NO WAY that Esdeath or Budou can be defeated by Mine, then it's because You think they are undefeatable because you're saying that - despite not knowing how big the boost Mine received is - the boost could be infinite and it would make no difference.

Anywayssssss... that asides I'm kinda disappointed with this episode :/ Not even Mine related but the Su vs Esdeath fight felt really ehhh, and there was too much exposition I think... too much explaining while fighting which felt really... blehh..

Additionally that scene for Lubbock was so meager it REALLY disappointed me, and for the Mine death I WILL say I'm annoyed with how it was handled. Yes Tatsumi, PUT Mine down even though she's dying. At least she can die dramatically I guess. It really makes no sense for you to DO so if you DON'T want them to die but... eh... I'm glad she died afterwards but it could have been handled WAY better...

Mar 2013
Really Mine died? well this is gonna get boring :/
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.