Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »
Nov 11, 2015 6:22 PM

Feb 2010
GoT is strong in this one

Nov 15, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2015
5/5 just because FINALLY Mine died.
Nov 27, 2015 2:51 PM
Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Mine gonna die on the next chapter of manga, its confirmed.

This pleases me greatly[/quote]

Why is it pleasing that Mine died!!! Although she wasnt my favorite, you have to admit how she died was amazingly sad. I thing my heart broke the second after they kissed. Ha ha ha. Anime doesn't usually give me feelings. I was surprised really!
Nov 27, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
^
Nov 27, 2015 2:54 PM
Jan 2015
AllenVonStein said:
I think i am done with this anime,how many more will die.

You'd be surprised. Ha ha ha, easiest spoiler... There's a reason its called Akame ga Kill and not Night Raid ga kill.
Nov 30, 2015 9:12 PM

Sep 2014
Lol I didn't feel anything for mine. Glad she died, might as well kill of every character while there at it.
Dec 19, 2015 3:40 PM

Nov 2014
Poor Mine, can't believe she died!
Jan 3, 2016 5:57 AM

May 2014
Ok, they somehow pulled it off so there is still hope for a well done ending. I'm still mad about Lubb's death and I think what happened with Mine in the manga was better but it's acceptable.
Jan 31, 2016 3:45 PM
Mar 2015
Tokoya said:
j0ker said:
I know the adaptation is fucked, that's kinda sad :( but on its own the anime is good.
Agreed

Same Here, it may not be the Manga, but on it's own it's really good in my opinion.
Feb 28, 2016 2:37 AM

Sep 2012
Now that ending pissed me off. Why Mine? WHY?!?!?!?!?!!?
May 12, 2016 9:41 PM

Feb 2015
This is becoming one of the worst trainwrecks in all of anime and its shame cuz i really liked the first 18 episodes
May 15, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2016
i..am.. Speechless…mine as well..(third kiss and say “I love you” n dies right away)Now thats painful..

This episode has just beyond amazing, and 3 more episode of hell i bet and keep surprising me to the limit.. Again why.. why mine, and even susanoo. Dammit.. Such and emotional Episode.. Don't want more death..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
May 19, 2016 6:08 PM

May 2013
Awwhhh, poor Mine :( at least she confessed and got her kiss; that was cute.

Su-san will be missed as well </3 he was the best looking guy lol
Jul 20, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
Well that was expected...
Jul 27, 2016 4:15 AM

Apr 2009
Susanooooooo~
Mineeeeeeee~

T_____T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2016 6:09 AM
Dec 2015
I'm so fucking upset right now.
R.I.P Mine. You were my 2nd favorite female character, and 1st favorite ship with Tatsumi.
Sep 1, 2016 11:17 PM
Dec 2014
fucking ripperoni
Sep 20, 2016 9:22 AM
Aug 2016
GOD DAMN IT! I WANTED TO SEE THEM TOGETHER MORE!
Oct 29, 2016 12:13 AM

Feb 2013
Thank god! Mine is finally dead! I literally felt nothing during her death scene, besides the insane amount of cringe I got from it. * I'm glad I fell in love with you, in the span of like 3 episodes with nothing leading up to or even hinting at it beforehand* lol, just terrible. Oh, and I do think it was complete BS she was able to defeat Budou, but whatever.

Also I was terribly disappointed in Susanoo. I get they couldn't kill off Esdeath and shes insanely powerful, but it would have been nice if he actually posed some sort of threat to her. His trump card requires the users life force and kills the user with its 3rd use!! It should be the most powerful thing ever! Yet Esdeath wasn't even breaking a sweat? Really lmao? It would have been much more interesting if he was actually beating her and she had to resort to using her trump card to save herself.

Bah.

But I'm still giving it a 5 out of 5 because Mine died lol.
Shape430Oct 29, 2016 12:23 AM
Oct 30, 2016 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
So that's how Mine died, while she was not a bad character I didn't really like her that much either. And that guy she fought was supposed to be as strong as Esdeath? xD
Oct 30, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2015

- So, you are telling me that Kurome is dying because of the drug? Damn, what a way to kill the mood. Let's see if they explain that further.

- Why does Mine have to say that her Relic gets stronger the more danger she's in to every enemy? Oh, the smell of explanatory dialogue.

- No fucking shit, Susanoo is dead too!? Fucking Esdeath!! Su was supposed to be stronger than this!
Ok what!? He's not dead!? Oh...but Najanda will die... she had activated Susanoo's ability thrice by now.
Yeah, Su-san is going to die. Su was supposed to be stronger than this, and Esdeath is too OP. She does not seem to be tired at all.

And Mine dies... not close my favorite character but that was sweet of her but, come on, by now this show is just dropping dead bodies.

Well, I'll leave this for now. Tomorrow I'll watch the remaining 3 episodes.
I do wonder how much of all this is anime-original and where exactly it started to deviate from the manga.
HumbertoZeroOct 30, 2016 11:42 AM
Jan 7, 2017 6:39 AM

Dec 2015
Noooo Mine best girl had to dieee 😭😭😭 it was so saddd!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 6, 2017 10:52 AM

Aug 2015
Sooo... In this episode 3 people died: General Budo, Susanoo and Mine :( I think that's a record...

Apr 29, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
YES; YES; THST BITCH MINE IS FINALLY DEAD!!! WHOOPIE!!!

It's also cool seeing Esdeath acknowledge Susanoo as a badass warrior rather than as an Imperial Arms.
Jul 11, 2017 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
No. Good thing this is all non-canon.
Nov 6, 2017 4:27 PM
Apr 2016
This was the episode that I was really hesitant about watching, because I had what was going to happen spoiled, and I really like Mine and Tatsumi. But, even though it was a tearjerker, the episode was really good, and the moment(s) between Mine and Tatsumi were really sweet. I give definite props to the writers and VAs for selling it. However, I'm quite happy that things turn out differently in the Manga.

As a side note though, all of those people who were celebrating Mine's death apparently have no souls. I don't care if you don't like her character; cheering for the death of a protagonist who is a definitively good person (and some of them even cheering for Esdeath, a genocidal sociopath) makes you a rather depraved individual. It really feeds my darker side that occasionally thinks the the majority of the human race deserves to wiped from the face of the earth.
Dec 13, 2017 3:28 AM

Jun 2017
What a pointless death Mine has. Compared to her previous fights, she didn't seem to get hurt all that much here.

You don't kill off the tsundere! what the fuck!

I get that some people don't like tsundere's because they aren't the most outwardly nice, but killing them goes too far. Especially giving them such an anti-climactic death.

Believe me when I say I cursed and swore at my TV during this episode, about the time I figured out she was actually going to die after that fight - another pretty good episode, sure, but it could have been significantly better if they'd figure out which characters you keep, and which you kill off. Mine was clearly meant to be the former.

osumatthew said:

As a side note though, all of those people who were celebrating Mine's death apparently have no souls. I don't care if you don't like her character; cheering for the death of a protagonist who is a definitively good person (and some of them even cheering for Esdeath, a genocidal sociopath) makes you a rather depraved individual. It really feeds my darker side that occasionally thinks the the majority of the human race deserves to wiped from the face of the earth.

I agree - and unfortunately there are lots of those sociopaths out there. I suppose that's why we have people getting attacked and even killed for disagreeing with someone all over the world now.

Mine was a good person - some people do not naturally express gratitude and kindness outwardly or in an outgoing way. It makes them more endearing when they take down that mental wall, hence the love/hate relationship among anime fans for tsundere's! ...and Mine was a great tsundere ;) Twin-tails and all.

Can't say I didn't enjoy this episode, but I can't say I'm very happy about it either.
Jan 12, 2018 1:04 AM

Jan 2014
VeggyZ said:
osumatthew said:

I agree - and unfortunately there are lots of those sociopaths out there. I suppose that's why we have people getting attacked and even killed for disagreeing with someone all over the world now.

Not realy. Not caring for her death can, but does not necessarily point towards a lack of empathy. It can also mean said people are simply less immersed into the series than you are, and want her dead to forward other developments. It becomes a mechanical plot point, rather than a death of a beloved or hated character.

Animedude179 said:
There's a reason its called Akame ga Kill and not Night Raid ga kill.

Yeah, and yet, that's been bothering me for a while too: there's not nearly enough Akame in it to justify the title. "Tatsumi ga Kill!" would have made the most sense, and if they're going that way through his relationship with Akame, then they should have invested more (screen)time in that relationship. As it stands now, I feel like Tatsumi x Akame has actually gotten the least attention out of all Tatsumi x Any-Night-Raid-member's.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 4, 2018 10:59 AM
Apr 2016
[quote=Laionidas message=53681126]
VeggyZ said:
osumatthew said:

Not realy. Not caring for her death can, but does not necessarily point towards a lack of empathy. It can also mean said people are simply less immersed into the series than you are, and want her dead to forward other developments. It becomes a mechanical plot point, rather than a death of a beloved or hated character.

If people were just wanting plot development, I wouldn't mind this much. But, if you actually look at what many people have been saying, there's a disturbingly rabid hatred for Mine because they dislike her character (usually just because she's a tsundere). I understand that tsunderes aren't everyone's thing, but again, cheering for the death of a hero while rooting for an insane mass murderer indicates that there's a deeply ingrained problem in your psyche.
Apr 27, 2018 4:10 AM

Jan 2012
What a synopsis is supposed to be: "a brief summary or general survey of something."

What MAL's synopsis for this episode is: "spoilers for days!"
Jan 17, 2019 10:04 AM
Jan 2015
Wave is such a douchebag, talking about what is Esdeath is thinking or doing, killing the one she loves, which is Tatsumi. He doesn't know that Tatsumi was part of Night Raid all along. And he gets all riled up against that.
Feb 14, 2019 6:00 PM
Feb 2019
I honestly didn't ship Tasumi x Mine, but the moment at the end really got me. I'm glad they got to kiss at least, even if I don't ship them.
Mar 5, 2019 5:20 AM

Feb 2018
Good bye Mine so sad xD.
Mar 22, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and they take the fight against Esdeath. Quite an episode. I give a praise to Su this episode for his efforts.

On another note, Mine died this episode. Yes, that is anime original. RIP.
Watching Akame Ga Kill for the 4th time now and i'm still in tears on Mine's dead ;'(
Mar 25, 2019 5:06 PM

Apr 2018
Mine's death caught me off guard. I cried alot.
May 3, 2019 8:08 PM
Mar 2019
im dead inside

im literally crying and shaking right now
RoneCraft

On-hold is another way for a completionist to say DROPPED

May 27, 2019 2:58 PM
Mar 2019
It just seems like they've been killing off characters for pure shock value only to jumpstart this story. I've heard great things about this series but now nearing the end of it, I'm starting to question my recommendation sources...

Meanwhile best yandere literally freezing time and space, I thought she couldn't get any more badass!

This series' most hyped fight imo will be a tough task to do well. Nontheless I'm pumped for Akame v Kurome next episode!
Sep 13, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2014
Shit this was unexpected 3 of them are out? Su, Mine and Najenda...
now Kurome dies and the final part will be Esdeath vs Tatsumi, Akame, Leone and I think everyone will die with last effort somehow they will kill Minister and after everyone is dead new era will come?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 7, 2019 6:58 PM
Apr 2016
Esdeath is a pretty nice character. Cool episode.
Nov 10, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2018
How'd Mine die from such light wounds? What the fuck?

And I predicted they would pull this shit, too...

They completely ruined a plot thread by not developing it before it's conclusion.
Nov 18, 2019 4:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOO MINE, damn seriously I really liked her she was cute as hell f*ck i'm sad now
Dec 6, 2019 11:54 AM

Sep 2019
No! no! this can't be happen. What the hell you can't just do that. This is just so cruel.
May 28, 2020 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
Huh. Out of all the others, she died so easily. Yeah, most normal humans would die from being electrocuted and thrown around like that. She indeed coughed up blood. And yet, for this anime, it seems a bit uncharacteristic. I’m going to chalk up Mine’s death to her using her weapon “Pumpkin” to its limit. I’m gonna assume Imperial Arms users are connected with the weapons by a life force or something, so when the weapon is used to the point of its obliteration, the user takes a hit as well. I’m gonna assume this, combined with the electrocution and a bash to a vital organ during battle, is what ultimately led to Mine’s death. Although, again, I feel like she’s been through worse. She has to have been. So overall her death isn’t sitting right with me.

I also like to think that Tatsumi feels indifferently about the members of Night Raid. And I personally don’t ship him and Mine. So if Tatsumi was indeed returning the kiss of Mine’s, and not just letting her do it while stunned by her death, then it had to have been gestural or affectionate, but not out of ‘love’. That’s my interpretation anyways.

Man what is it with everyone falling in love with the MC. Mine, Chelsea, Leone, Esdeath of course — I don’t know how the rest of the anime will play out but I won’t be surprised if Akame starts displaying signs of love. Actually, now that I’m mentioning it, Akame’s presence in the anime has been very underwhelming up to this point — which I think is strange because this anime is her namesake. It’s literally Akame ga Kill. And yet she’s had very little intimate moments with Tatsumi. The two have definitely bonded and voiced their intense feelings for each other, but I’m speaking in terms of friendship and comradely. Which is the way I would’ve preferred it to be with Mine.

Isn’t “platonic” the term for the concept I’m describing? Yeah, that. Tatsumi’s a platonic kinda guy.

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

Update:

☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧☙❧

Update:

Laionidas said:
Animedude179 said:
There's a reason its called Akame ga Kill and not Night Raid ga kill.

Yeah, and yet, that's been bothering me for a while too: there's not nearly enough Akame in it to justify the title. "Tatsumi ga Kill!" would have made the most sense, and if they're going that way through his relationship with Akame, then they should have invested more (screen)time in that relationship. As it stands now, I feel like Tatsumi x Akame has actually gotten the least attention out of all Tatsumi x Any-Night-Raid-member's.

^ I can't believe I ran into this discussion (after posting my comment). Looks like I wasn't the only person to notice this. And I couldn't have said it better myself... Night Raid ga Kill. Akame rlly be lacking that presence.
This anime's only got three more episodes to justify naming itself after her.
removed-userMay 29, 2020 4:04 AM
Jun 26, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2019
More death. Blood for the blood god.

I figuered someone had to die but Su and Mine? Oh man... How can they even defeat Esdeath, if they ever even had a chance? This is cruel. The show is really going at too fast a rate through the characters. I wish there had been more time with them. Especially those that died right at the beginning like Bulat and Sheel.
Jul 20, 2020 4:14 AM

Jun 2019
Damn, the Mine death hurt but glad she got to speak to Tatsumi before she went. Su going out like a boss though.
Aug 27, 2020 11:54 PM

Mar 2016
Damn I actually liked Mine RIP :(
Sep 7, 2020 11:24 PM

Aug 2017
Oh no, Mine is dead, no problem with that but her fight against Budo was awful, 0 tactics or emotional impact unlike her previous fight against Seryu. Its was just random attacks and an asspull from her ass at the end lol. What a pity, and another battle in the middle does not help much to say except that Esdeath OP technique that nobody can stop.

2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 16, 2020 4:16 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Aaaaaaaaand ... she died .... urgh that sucks so bad >.<

Nov 4, 2020 6:22 AM

Aug 2020
I've never been more angry watching an anime. I haven't read the manga and I know they're assassins but jeez the amount of characters I've loved then died really pisses me off.
Also based on most of the disappointed people in this forum I think I'm going to check out the manga.

Dec 7, 2020 12:18 AM

Aug 2018
I guess everyone going to die :D
Pages (17) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

281 by MotherEgwene »»
Mar 15, 8:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.