Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 22, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2013
I like the direction the story took in the second half of the episode, however I have mixed thoughts about Mayu's story. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't as persuasive and well-thought as I wanted it to be. I also feel lonely sometimes, but I don't trap people in cards! I hope we get some more clarifications in the next episodes

I was wondering if Ruuko's grandma knows anything about Mayu...
Nov 22, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2013
Damn, things are getting insane.

Lovin' it.
Nov 22, 2014 10:43 AM

Feb 2014
Noodle070 said:
Also, if Kuro and Shiro were the only two LRIGs, then wouldn't that mean that there could only be two selectors? Because whether you swap places with your LRIG, or if your LRIG leaves to find a new selector when you lose, how are new LRIGs added? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something.

They explained this. Mayu didn't just create Kuro and Shiro. She created a lot more LRIGs. It's just that they all eventually left, and that Kuro and Shiro are the only ones left.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 22, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
i have some option to tell why Mayu become a bitch
1.she is psycho thats why her father don't let her out
2.her father know she have psychic power to make things go real
3.her father doing experiments on her because he was the one made this game
4.if her father know she play psycho with her card game then why don't he stop her

when everything go real what happen to her father and mother damn this is going so
crazy psycho bitch dead darker Magica Madoka going so much i know now only one thing is mysteries who is the one made this game

so when Ruuko save Mayu from her bitchiness then every girl can be saved and damn
Iona feels so cute there

sick bitch Ulith how dear you give Tama evilness to beat Iona so deadfully and Akira
give you good stab in the end don't ever play with yendere bitch i know in s1 Akira
almost stab Ruuko but she was saved there

next ep gonna be so halling too i know Ulith not gonna die there i don't know what Akira
going to do next
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 22, 2014 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
I hope they're actually going to develop Akira's motivations a bit past 'crazy jealous yandere' because the stabbing didn't make much sense to me as things stand. She adores Ulith who tells her she is beautiful and they will always be together...so she sticks a pen in her gut and walks off.

Eh?

Poor Tama getting 'entered' by Ulith repeatedly. Heh.

Thankfully no Chiyori again though, worst comic relief ever. Hoping for a Bad End there.
acrimoniousNov 22, 2014 1:15 PM
Nov 22, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
Holy shit that was awesome. And the mindfs in this episode...
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Nov 22, 2014 3:43 PM
Sep 2014
It's hard to tell if Ulith will die or not because if you saw the area they were at, its an abandoned neighborhood, theres no one there. Unless Ulith can get up and walk herself to a hospital, there isn't anyone around to save her.
Nov 22, 2014 3:56 PM
Mar 2013
acrimonious said:
I hope they're actually going to develop Akira's motivations a bit past 'crazy jealous yandere' because the stabbing didn't make much sense to me as things stand. She adores Ulith who tells her she is beautiful and they will always be together...so she sticks a pen in her gut and walks off.

Eh?

Did you even watch the previous episode? Because if so it should be plain obvious why Akira did that at the end of this episode (and to add on, what do you think would happen when you tear down a person like Akira? Of course the person will turn on you).
RoychopNov 22, 2014 4:04 PM
Nov 22, 2014 3:59 PM

May 2010
JGChaves said:
Natodayo said:
I HAVE ONE QUESTION SINCE SEASON 1

If it's supposed only girls can be LRIG... WHY THE FUCK MIDORIKO IS A BOY!??

._. sry for the caps

What? Midoriko is a girl! Her name literally means "green girl".

Not much to suggest she is a boy, but doesn't "ko (子)" mean "child", not "girl"?
Nov 22, 2014 4:30 PM
Oct 2007
Every rule of the card game was broken in this episode! Not even other card games like Yu-Gi-Oh broke the base rules!

Ulith attacked more than once! Fafnir, Cross End Slash, All out punching match, than another Fafnir!

That broke every rule of the card game itself! Was the creator of this manga/anime really cop out that far to ruin a great show because they could not come up with a better way to defeat Ruko!

I hate it when you have a card based anime or manga than just break the rules because you can't come up with a better way to defeat the good guy!

My feelings it was a cop out on the author to not put the love and time into having Ruko defeated in a way that stayed within the card game rules!

The reality of the card game world was destroyed by the breaking of the rules which should destroy the card world itself as it's based on the game world of Wixoss! Every alternative world that is created has to have it's base reality and them rules can not be arbitrarily thrown away as it will destroy the alternative reality. This premise is in every book, story, and anime. As the ending she cheated than Ruko really could not be counted as a loss but oh wait we have an author that cops out and will count this as a lost on Ruko's part. This really destroyed the show for me big time.
molitarNov 22, 2014 4:34 PM
Nov 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
Finally I was waiting for Akira to pull a Kefka and go so crazy that she would kill(?) her "master". Fantastic Episode
Nov 22, 2014 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
molitar said:
Every rule of the card game was broken in this episode! Not even other card games like Yu-Gi-Oh broke the base rules!

Ulith attacked more than once! Fafnir, Cross End Slash, All out punching match, than another Fafnir!

That broke every rule of the card game itself! Was the creator of this manga/anime really cop out that far to ruin a great show because they could not come up with a better way to defeat Ruko!

I hate it when you have a card based anime or manga than just break the rules because you can't come up with a better way to defeat the good guy!

My feelings it was a cop out on the author to not put the love and time into having Ruko defeated in a way that stayed within the card game rules!

The reality of the card game world was destroyed by the breaking of the rules which should destroy the card world itself as it's based on the game world of Wixoss! Every alternative world that is created has to have it's base reality and them rules can not be arbitrarily thrown away as it will destroy the alternative reality. This premise is in every book, story, and anime. As the ending she cheated than Ruko really could not be counted as a loss but oh wait we have an author that cops out and will count this as a lost on Ruko's part. This really destroyed the show for me big time.

Although I somewhat agree with the notion that, if you implement a certain element you should try to stick to it and it's rules I also think they should have never implemented the card game element to begin with so I for one am very happy that they don't take that aspect to seriously. This could have been an even better Anime without that ridiculous aspect.

I mean after this episode with Mayu's backstory it finally starts to make a little bit of sense (really just a little, is Mayu a god??), but since this whole card game world was apparently born out of Mayu's will, desires and wishes who is to say that desires, wishes and willpower can't change the world, even if their aren't Mayu's?
Nov 22, 2014 5:58 PM

Sep 2008
molitar said:

Well, effects do exist that let the LRIG attack multiple times. <_< >_> There's also multiple other explanations for that lol.
MatasNov 22, 2014 6:05 PM
Nov 22, 2014 6:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
naki12 said:
JGChaves said:

What? Midoriko is a girl! Her name literally means "green girl".

Not much to suggest she is a boy, but doesn't "ko (子)" mean "child", not "girl"?

Ko does mean child but:

"Male names often end in -rō (郎 "son", but also 朗 "clear, bright"; e.g. "Ichirō") or -ta (太 "great, thick"; e.g. "Kenta"), or contain ichi (一 "first [son]"; e.g. "Ken'ichi"), kazu (also written with 一 "first [son]", along with several other possible characters; e.g. "Kazuhiro"), ji (二 "second [son]" or 次 "next"; e.g. "Jirō"), or dai (大 "great, large"; e.g. "Daiichi") while female names often end in -ko (子 "child"; e.g. "Keiko") or -mi (美 "beauty"; e.g. "Yumi"). Other popular endings for female names include -ka (香 "scent, perfume" or 花 "flower"; e.g. "Reika") and -na (奈, or 菜, meaning greens; e.g. "Haruna")."

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name or you can read more about names here. But anyways, if you ever see a "ko" at the end of a male's name, it's probably the ending "hiko" and not just "ko."

But yeah JGChaves's translation is wrong, it should be "green child."
Nov 22, 2014 6:19 PM
May 2014
no more twincest on this season huh? but this show is still great.. lol
Nov 22, 2014 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
molitar said:

I think you may be missing the entire point of the series......the rules don't matter, that's precisely what sets it apart from other card based series like Yu-Gi-Oh!

I literally couldn't tell you a single rule for the entire game and that's fine because the games themselves aren't what the series is about.
Nov 23, 2014 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode! Ulith instakarma from Aki-lucky. Very twisted I like this!

Nov 23, 2014 1:57 AM

Aug 2008
Shit got real. Also, don't mess with the yandere.
Nov 23, 2014 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit this was awesome! The battle and the background story was cool!
Still, it raises way too many questions. Firstly, WIXOSS has been here since before Mayu, but what exactly is she to be able to do the things she's done? Is she like a witch child living in a mansion who has supernatural powers? Why would Tama and Iona want to even help her? And seriously what the hell is Ulith actually? She doesn't seem like a normal girl in the real world, so I'm assuming that she's the murderously deviant side of Mayu?

Oh and that ending! Ulith underestimated the power of breaking someone beyond repair! Akira has gone off the deep end for sure! Wonder if she or Ulith will be the last boss though. And it also seems like Mayu is looking for Iona and Tama to save her somehow.

Can't wait to see the end of all things!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 23, 2014 10:39 AM

Nov 2013
Wow! This episode was GREAT!! I couldn`t take my eyes off the screen and i wasn`t able to say anything,that`s how interesting it was! We finally get to see Mayu`s backstory as well as Tama`s! And,and the end of the episode with Akira stabbing Ulith..WOW! What will happen with Tama now..what`s gonna happen next? I WANNA KNOW KNOW! :))))
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Nov 23, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
Wait, so Mayu just somehow dreamed everything into existence? That's farfetched, ever for this show. I hope there's more to it than that.

I dug that stab at the end, though.
Nov 23, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2012
I'm pretty sure a mechanical pencil is not sharp enough to pierce through a vital organ. Also judging by where Ulith's hands were, it seemed she was stabbed on the lower body. Ulith won't die for sure, and she better not just die for that petty reason.
Nov 23, 2014 3:35 PM

May 2010
molitar said:

Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters broke so many rules in the Duelist Kingdom part of the anime it was ridiculous.

For example, when Blue-eyes White Dragon stopped attacking and self-destructed because of "Heart of the Cards", when Yuugi's monster attacked a Field Magic Card to destroy it or when Jounouchi attacked with Thousand Dragon to destroy 3 Harpy Ladies and there shouldn't have even been 3 Harpy Ladies on the field in the first place. It was all nonsense.
Nov 23, 2014 4:11 PM

May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Holy shit this was awesome! The battle and the background story was cool!
Still, it raises way too many questions. Firstly, WIXOSS has been here since before Mayu, but what exactly is she to be able to do the things she's done? Is she like a witch child living in a mansion who has supernatural powers? Why would Tama and Iona want to even help her? And seriously what the hell is Ulith actually? She doesn't seem like a normal girl in the real world, so I'm assuming that she's the murderously deviant side of Mayu?

Mayu's way of affecting reality by sheer will power somehow remember the basic ways the esper powers in To Aru Majutsu no Index work

Well, Mayu created Tama and Iona, so she decided what their purpose were, like a robot that was programated by someone. Iona even said they just changed because of Ruko

Ulith was just a crazy girl, she even told her story
KurukuNov 23, 2014 4:14 PM
Nov 23, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Roychop said:
acrimonious said:

Eh?

Did you even watch the previous episode? Because if so it should be plain obvious why Akira did that at the end of this episode (and to add on, what do you think would happen when you tear down a person like Akira? Of course the person will turn on you).
Yup, had Akira finished her sentence it would have been "Ulith, you're... a liar" which tells you all you need to know.

SimmianPrime said:
molitar said:

I think you may be missing the entire point of the series......the rules don't matter, that's precisely what sets it apart from other card based series like Yu-Gi-Oh!

I literally couldn't tell you a single rule for the entire game and that's fine because the games themselves aren't what the series is about.

dingdingdingding! That was what really took the episode to the next level, showing the true nature of Mayu's product: a brutal, lawless game designed to bring despair to all who aren't of the same will of Mayu. It was an outstanding way to bring the promised atmosphere of the show full circle and set up the most 'real' event we've seen in the show.

The show is not about the matches. The matches are a byproduct of Mayu's twisted will, and merely a setup for the character's fall to despair. They show has literally been making this clear since day fucking one and this episode finally brought that reality to the characters. If you're still watching for the game dynamic and expecting it to be something absolute relative to the story then that's your fault, not the writer's. Which is a shame since you're literally missing everything the show actually has to offer.
AlexTheRiotNov 23, 2014 4:28 PM
Nov 23, 2014 5:13 PM
Oct 2014
molitar said:

No... you can attack 3 times when you have 3 SIGNIs on your field and attack once again with your LRIG...
Also, that all out punching match might be LRIG's attack turn and you can place 2 fafnirs on the field, so you can attack twice with fafnir. Also, before your SIGNI and your LRIG attack, you can use ARTS. So, it's not breaking any rules... it's just there is no detail explanation about the steps (skipped to attack phase).

Once again, this show doesn't even need that explanation of the rules. It's just some way to describe how dreadful that 'Dark Tama' is. Don't stick too much about the rules (but I'm curious, so I made some search).

Overall, good episode but still can be done better than this, especially for that stabbing part. 4/5
Nov 23, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, that got dark in a hurry.
Nov 23, 2014 7:49 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Roychop said:

Yup, had Akira finished her sentence it would have been "Ulith, you're... a liar" which tells you all you need to know.

Well, as you can see Ulith did drive her to doing that (again, Akira is pretty crazy, and Ulith hit her and talked down to her the previous episode and was driven into a mental break down, this shouldn't be surprising). Akira did try to deny in this episode while she was broke down, but at the end saw through Ulith and betrayed her.
RoychopNov 23, 2014 7:59 PM
Nov 23, 2014 9:30 PM

Aug 2012
Aki-Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014 2:31 AM

Feb 2007
Roychop said:
Akira did try to deny in this episode while she was broke down, but at the end saw through Ulith and betrayed her.

I'm not even sure Ulith actually lied to Akira there at the end. She has stated before that she liked Akira exactly as that broken, vengeful girl. Of course, it's not exactly what Akira herself wants to be, though.
Nov 24, 2014 3:26 AM

Feb 2013
Zuihou said:
I'm pretty sure a mechanical pencil is not sharp enough to pierce through a vital organ. Also judging by where Ulith's hands were, it seemed she was stabbed on the lower body. Ulith won't die for sure, and she better not just die for that petty reason.

you know that is where your liver is right. I don't think the stab wound was deep enough it could hit a vital organ there. 4 inchs deep is a killing blow on a human in most area's of the body.
Nov 24, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2013
I love how they showed Mayu creating the game.And how she toys with others.Ok you lost no more flowers for you,ok you win bring me another girl now and she ruins other lives while looking peaceful with that smile on her face.
Nov 24, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2013
Holy shit is this anime so messed up.

It's delicious.
Nov 24, 2014 1:39 PM

Feb 2013
Wow she is mad.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 24, 2014 5:43 PM

Aug 2013
I'm still confused about how Mayu created all of this but I guess they'll explain it in full soon (hopefully). This whole imaginary shit doesn't cut it.

To be honest, I think stabby Aki-lucky is more reasonable now than when she was still worshipping Ulith.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 24, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2011
Akira went from crazy bitch to my favorite character thanks to the final scene lol

» Escapism.

Nov 25, 2014 2:56 AM
Feb 2013
It's not often that you get to see a teenage girl stabbing another one without it feeling overkill/out of place. That build up…
Nov 25, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2012
Oh. o-o
Whoa, what an explanation about this whole entire situation. The problem of why girls fight with cards to get there wishes granted has been solved. owo

So....Iona is Kuro.....Tama is Shiro.....both are like....daughters/friends to Mayu? o-o Huh.......I guess that's reasonable.......
And....Oh! That part where Ulith went "into" Tama to make a bad ass dark version of Tama? Nice! It's too bad she started beating up Iona really hard though. :(

Anyways.......Ulith gets what she deserves and bitchy, broken down Akira stabs her in the side.....with a pen.
Noice

Nice episode overall . owo
Nov 25, 2014 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
Wow! so many surprises here! So Iona was actually "Kuru" and she and Tama are the only old LRIG's alive.

Man, this is amazing, so dark! And Akira wow! Ulith deserved that, thank you crazy Aki-lucky!
Nov 25, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2010
Mayu's back story is pretty interesting, but I need more details to see the full picture. Imagination becoming reality with no explanation is rather weak. But then again its not the super important part.

I have a feeling it will come down to the power of friendship, but I hope its done well.

Besides that, this episode was creepy in the best ways. Nice to see Akira completely lose it. I wonder where it will go from here?
Nov 25, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2013
The dark tone is back!! :D
Nov 26, 2014 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
That shit was nasty
Nov 26, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
And I had a feeling that Ruuko and them would persuade Akira to steal Tama for them, but no, she took the initiative to stab her. Holy sh*t!

I don't think Ulith will die that easily, there's no way that pencil would kill her, unless it had like poison or something, though I wonder if Ulith will report Akira, more like what will Akira do? I still have hope for her and hope that she goes with Ruuko and them.

I wonder how things are on Hanayo 's end.

Also, I'm a bit confused. Ulith said that when Selectors loose, they become LRIGs, but the original LRIG that they had disappears, but when they win, they switch places. Is this correct or am I missing something? Because I thought that when you loose 3 times, your wish isn't granted, but at what point do you become a LRIG?

Okay, so I just read on the wiki and apparently, this only applies for the original LRIG.
UsaraDarkNov 26, 2014 1:00 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Nov 26, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
xchee said:
I'm still confused about how Mayu created all of this but I guess they'll explain it in full soon (hopefully). This whole imaginary shit doesn't cut it.

This.

I know this show isn't realistic in the first place, but i don't understand how this Mayu girl was able to create this world.
Nov 26, 2014 2:53 PM

Jul 2011
Akira went full insane, hehe.
Nov 27, 2014 1:47 PM

Oct 2011
Dat OST when Akira stabbed Ulith 0_______0
Nov 28, 2014 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
Wow!!!! this episode is very fucking awesome!!!!! everything has a reverse. Tama turn into darkness
and Iona is crossing into light. Fucking akira she became mad, mad of ulith. she so possessive yandere

Akira's last sentence before stabbing Ulith's abdomen...... " Ulith youre...." _Fucking mine__"

Shit!!!!!! this is unexpected!!!!!! I want more despair!!!!!!!!!!! more episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 28, 2014 5:48 AM

Nov 2014
Ulith won't die, she respawn.

Nov 29, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2014
Meh...
Nov 30, 2014 11:05 AM
Apr 2014
Oh wow. never thought that would happen but Akira finally did her first useful thing in the whole anime. I was wondering why she was brought back in the second season. Seems like she wasn't entirely useless for the story.

Still can't stand her though. Those jumps in emotion are just too damn annoying.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

197 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.