Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Nov 21, 2014 7:50 AM

Well, I judge them by character and not looks like I always do. If they are repulsive assholes I won't like them or if they are too rapey, but usually that's also the fault of the female MC being too weak/pathetic so in those shows the whole setup just makes me angry. A good shoujo, with a nice, normal male MC is much more enjoyable than most shounen romances with their indecisive pervert MCs. I just prefer self-inserting into characters that don't make me nauseaus or are reduced to being a walking and talking penis.
In the end I'd say Shoujo romance both have the worst and the best male romance MCs to offer, depending on whether the female MC likes to be treated like shit (Ookami Shoujo for example) or not (Kimi ni Todoke for example).
jal90 said:
It's quite dishonest and typically trollish logic to say that the fault lies in sensitive people when you do stuff on purpose to bother them.

Top 50 Short Anime Series of All Time

Nov 21, 2014 8:17 AM

They are nice to look at. Robis has a point, many shoujo boys are too perfect.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.

Nov 22, 2014 2:40 AM
Shoujo boys annoy me sometimes but it depends on their personality but i still prefer shounen boys over them but sometimes i hate their obliviousness about many things especially about love.

Nov 22, 2014 6:26 AM
robis798 said:
I really dislike a lot of shoujo male love interests because they are just too perfect. I guess that's why my hate for shoujo comes from. They always have to perfect, handsome, adored by everyone, loves little puppies, etc. It just makes me nauseus. not to mention their repulsive attitudes. ( Kaichou wa Maid Sama )

The only shoujo male love interest I can tolerate is the one from Kimi no Todoke.

Everyone else can go die in a fire.

The Dude is pretty much a typical walking plot armored harem meister, but with girl appealing looks.

Well ironically,most shoujo leads have the plot convenience of almost every shonen harem lead ever.I'm surprised how similar they are actually.

Nov 22, 2014 6:33 AM

Shoujo > shounen

Dojourei said:
Now I have "shoujo boys" in my google search history :/
Oh my God NOOOOOOOOO

Nov 22, 2014 10:45 AM

Well, of course it all depends on the art style, but I find most shoujo guys to be hotter than shounen guys.

Nov 22, 2014 10:57 AM

If we're talking about external appearance, don't care.

If we're talking about what's on the inside, the shoujo genre houses some of the deepest & most realistic male characters within the medium; certainly in the good ones anyway. The male characters in Nana are infinitely more believable than bloke that's appeared in a shonen, that's for sure.

Nov 22, 2014 11:06 AM

The guys in Nana were pretty tasty, Takumi aside. That said the manga is josei.
Modified by Lancehot, Nov 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 22, 2014 12:17 PM

They look like girls with HUGE shoulders. And they are always trying to protect the MC, while of course, being completely oblivious to her feelings.
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.

Nov 22, 2014 12:22 PM

sugardemon111 said:
They look like girls with HUGE shoulders. And they are always trying to protect the MC, while of course, being completely oblivious to her feelings.

Lol!

Learned in my psychology class that girls like skinny tall men with a touch of femininity = bishonen lol!
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 22, 2014 12:41 PM
OK who crapped on the floor?
Lancehot said:
I put it to the floor that all anime boys are shit.

Oh.

Nov 22, 2014 12:45 PM

As a straight guy, I think a lot of them look pretty nice. Long hair looks good on guys too imo.

It amuses me when I hear men saying long hair is feminine. I know a lot of girls irl like playing with guys' long hair.

Nov 22, 2014 1:09 PM

silverwalls said:
rothrock said:
Lmao, I was just reading one tbh xD

jesus christ
this is why i stay away from yaoi

That's neither man nor child. That's a monster.

Nov 22, 2014 2:20 PM

I don't care too much about their appearance. I love the Wallflower regardless of it being drawn in a style I can't stand. My only problem is, as mentioned before, when the guy is too perfect in personality.

Which is why I hated Maid-sama, thought Kimi ni Todoke (anime) was a bore, and wanted Haruhi to end up with Hikaru.

Nov 22, 2014 2:23 PM

tanteiRE said:
I don't care too much about their appearance. I love the Wallflower regardless of it being drawn in a style I can't stand. My only problem is, as mentioned before, when the guy is too perfect in personality.

Which is why I hated Maid-sama, thought Kimi ni Todoke (anime) was a bore, and wanted Haruhi to end up with Hikaru.

xD Only reason I watched Maid-sama was for Usui to deal with everything like a boss.

That's hilarious :)
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 22, 2014 2:25 PM

7starkiller99 said:
tanteiRE said:

xD Only reason I watched Maid-sama was for Usui to deal with everything like a boss.

That's hilarious :)

I find Usui revolting. I really hate guys like that.

Nov 22, 2014 9:08 PM

I don't mind from an art style perspective.
Its only when the writing sucks that I get frustrated.
That said, I haven't seen many shoujo male characters who I can say is bad.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 22, 2014 11:03 PM
The embarrassed ones are the best

Nov 22, 2014 11:05 PM

Rokumi said:
The embarrassed ones are the best

M-Mamura.... >///<

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

Nov 22, 2014 11:06 PM

I don't really care about their appearance but I'm usually fine with any shoujo boys that aren't Sata Kyouka.

Nov 23, 2014 1:26 AM

They're sparkling.

vincit qui se vincit.

Nov 23, 2014 1:31 AM

Heeh.... I think that characters like Kurosaki from Dengeki Daisay looks pretty cool though...

Nov 23, 2014 1:39 AM

Some are good ones,some are just as bland and one dimensional as girl characters in most shounen romance series.If were going by looks alone there's a shitton of repetition between character models,traits and so on from one series to another.

And there lies problem shoujo series in general : the writing .You literally find yourself reading or watching the exact same situations and moments times and times again,you don't know where 1 series ends and where the other one starts.
The whole white knight/prince charming bullshit really gets on your nerves after a while.
Modified by amateur, Nov 23, 2014 1:44 AM

Nov 23, 2014 5:01 PM

AhouGaki said:
They're sparkling.

Nov 23, 2014 5:28 PM

amateur said:
Some are good ones,some are just as bland and one dimensional as girl characters in most shounen romance series.If were going by looks alone there's a shitton of repetition between character models,traits and so on from one series to another.

And there lies problem shoujo series in general : the writing .You literally find yourself reading or watching the exact same situations and moments times and times again,you don't know where 1 series ends and where the other one starts.
The whole white knight/prince charming bullshit really gets on your nerves after a while.
SAKURA MCBUMLICKER IS AN AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOLER! SHE HAS ONLY A FEW FRIENDS AND ALMOST NO "EXPERIENCE" IN LOVE! ONE DAY, THE MOST POPULAR/ATHLETIC/INTELLIGENT ALPHA MALE BUMPS INTO SAKURA MCBUMLICKER! SUDDENLY, HER WHOLE LIFE TURNS AROUND!

Yeah I get what you mean, it's the same shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 24, 2014 12:08 AM

VitaminCaim said:
amateur said:

SAKURA MCBUMLICKER IS AN AVERAGE HIGH SCHOOLER! SHE HAS ONLY A FEW FRIENDS AND ALMOST NO "EXPERIENCE" IN LOVE! ONE DAY, THE MOST POPULAR/ATHLETIC/INTELLIGENT ALPHA MALE BUMPS INTO SAKURA MCBUMLICKER! SUDDENLY, HER WHOLE LIFE TURNS AROUND!

Does sakura mcbumlicker also have brown eyes, straight bangs, and long brown hair? And does she have an athletic, outgoing friend who is more stylish than she is and is constantly trying to get sakura to come out of her shell?
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.

Nov 24, 2014 1:00 AM

emoblossom123 said:
VitaminCaim said:

Does sakura mcbumlicker also have brown eyes, straight bangs, and long brown hair? And does she have an athletic, outgoing friend who is more stylish than she is and is constantly trying to get sakura to come out of her shell?
Sakura McBumlicker also goes through the problem of a love triangle by being liked BY ANOTHER BOY only after her subtle first date with prince handsome lololol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 24, 2014 8:12 AM

I really don't like the shoujo style in general. Characters look too lanky.

Nov 24, 2014 9:14 AM

rothrock said:
AhouGaki said:
They're sparkling.

lmao he likes himself, nice.
I hate the sparkling and the excessive blushing in shoujo's, I was watching Karneval and all that blushing the 2nd MC was doing was really annoying and weird.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]