Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Nov 21, 2014 2:48 PM
hassan0297 said:
money4me247 said:

really? the characters seem to act pretty stupid.

first, akane doesn't just kill kamui, which literally just ends in crisis right there. she doesn't even let her enforcer do it... which is the entire point of enforcers!!! doing the dirty almost-criminally-type stuff, so inspectors don't get clouded.

then the sibyl system seems to be so flawed it is ridiculous. not only does it straight fail with criminally asymptomatic people, but now it is shown that it even fails to register someone.

on top of that, when its flaws are brought to light, instead of taking a logical next-step to avert the crisis, the system cannot get pass its own flawed psycho pass rating system. oh, the crazy inspector has a clear psycho pass, let's just let her keep killing our enforcers. no biggie.

turn off the damn stolen dominators!!! lol!!! the captured-turned-traitor inspector is obviously no longer acting with any direct orders from MWPSB, so she should no longer have any authorization to use the dominator. also, the fact that "multiple" instances of the same inspector registering on different dominators at different places blatantly show that her identity is being faked... sooo... goddamn it. turn off the other dominators omg you are so stupid sibyl.

Turn off the stolen dominators & shoot kamui with a regular gun. crisis averted.

Everything else that seems smart & tricky is simply really just flaws from a messed up system that does not work.

I am surprised that anyone even thinks the people at MWPSB are good guys. The system that judges & executes prior to any actual crime without any trial based on an arbitrary 'psycho pass' number that has been shown numerous times to be an inaccurate judge of character or malicious intent..... so disgusting, I can't believe anyone can even think this sort of society is anything but pure evil.

Guilt is no longer determined by actually committing a crime or even malicious intent... but rather some touchy-feely number based on your mood. omg rotfl. that makes so much sense.

Akane is the biggest villain as she is one of the few people who know the truth of this f*ckd up system & continues to support it.

Wow! Brilliant! What's the whole point of the show then?
If you think you can create something better,by all means please do so.
No one's stopping you.Create something that makes much more sense than Psycho-Pass.Prove that it is shitty not by your words but by your actions.Why are you spreading YOUR hate in the community by replying to those who think it's a good show.That's your opinion.No need to force it on others.

lol i like this show too, but these big glaring holes in actions/logic is severely detracting from my enjoyment of it. seems like some of the problems have insanely simple solutions, but they just aren't pursuing it just to height the drama. this cheapens my personal enjoyment of the show.

oh gee whiz i wonder where kamui disappeared too. too bad we don't have any means to find him since he is invisible to psycho pass scanner. ... oh wait, someone else mentioned this, but sibyl system can TRACK dominators!!! lollerwagons.

a lot of the things happening this season seem silly considering the universe psycho pass is based in.

Nov 21, 2014 3:00 PM

Why do I get the feeling that the only reason Kamui is invisible to Sybil is because he was the only survivor of the plane crash, and therefore somehow no longer in its database. If that's the case, fuck this. Please tell me they can come up with something better...

Nov 21, 2014 3:01 PM

Holy shit that.......was fucking awful. This series has hit a new low.

Sibyl's excuse for why they don't just deactivate the dominators was just god damn pathetic. 1) It already knows the system isn't perfect 2) It knows Kamui brainwashed the agent 3) It knows Kamui chopped off pieces of said agent. Even disregarding all that 4) It knows multiple versions of the agent are using the dominators at the same fucking time in different places. Let's be real here, it was just a pathetic attempt by the writers to come up with an excuse to allow Kamui to keep using the dominators.....that's it.

Let me get this straight. They knew the first holo (of the girl) he wore died when she was younger, they know she died in a plane crash. Did they seriously not look into that at all? Every other person on that plane died except someone that has THE SAME FUCKING NAME AS THE GUY YOU'RE AFTER.

Don't even get me started on Akane's pathetic "we'll capture him and bring him to justice" bullshit. I'm sure all the people that are going to die before you do so will be really grateful for that. Every person that Kamui kills from episode 7 onwards blood is directly on Akane's hands (and this show wants me to believe shes a great detective LOL)

This show is just so badly written it's almost funny.

Nov 21, 2014 3:13 PM

O.o they're... everywhere?? O.o holy fucking shit. Even ginozas doctor?? So kamui has been doing this even before season 1?? Wtf is even going on anymore

Edit: a bunch of people are complaining about how flawed the system is and how dumb everyone's being, but... that's kind of the point. You're supposed to be frustrated by Sybil's flaws and incompetence, you're supposed to be pissed off at the way everyone keeps following dumb protocol, and you're supposed to be mad that they're handling the case so badly! That's the point of the whole show: the Sybil system is obviously flawed and everyone in division 1 knows it's flawed, but they have to abide by the rules. It's a dystopian society, durr. Akane doesn't want to obey the Sybil system, but she has to (and if you don't get why go rewatch season 1). You're supposed to be ticked off about everything, and of course chief Kasei's excuse was bs, basically the whole Sybil system is bs, but that's what's controlling society, and they have to deal with it! *sighh* ok rant over
Modified by oh_hai_mark, Nov 21, 2014 3:25 PM

Nov 21, 2014 3:17 PM

SimmianPrime said:

Sibyl's excuse for why they don't just deactivate the dominators was just god damn pathetic. 1) It already knows the system isn't perfect 2) It knows Kamui brainwashed the agent 3) It knows Kamui chopped off pieces of said agent. Even disregarding all that 4) It knows multiple versions of the agent are using the dominators at the same fucking time in different places. Let's be real here, it was just a pathetic attempt by the writers to come up with an excuse to allow Kamui to keep using the dominators.....that's it.

Let me get this straight. They knew the first holo (of the girl) he wore died when she was younger, they know she died in a plane crash. Did they seriously not look into that at all? Every other person on that plane died except someone that has THE SAME FUCKING NAME AS THE GUY YOU'RE AFTER.

Don't even get me started on Akane's pathetic "we'll capture him and bring him to justice" bullshit. I'm sure all the people that are going to die before you do so will be really grateful for that. Every person that Kamui kills from episode 7 onwards blood is directly on Akane's hands (and this show wants me to believe shes a great detective LOL)

You pretty much nailed many of my frustrations. As I stated earllier, I find it ironic that a System very much concerned with its own self-preservation at the end of S1, now finds it absurdly advisable to allow multiple stolen Dominators to remain activated, while in the employ of invisible forces committed to destroying it, to say nothing of the effects their actions have on the public's PP as a whole LOL. Funny too, that it has outright admitted it's an imperfect system, yet when Akane points that out: "watch your mouth." Hopefully we start getting some logic we can sink our teeth into...

Sybil better have a good subversive master plan to explain this. And I hope it's something better than simply to test Akane. Just....no.

Nov 21, 2014 3:43 PM

SekaiDono said:
[
Um, I think you are the one who misunderstood here. Kamui recreated his classmates by using his followers and modifying their bodies, this plane crash has much more to it than just being a plane crash that 'happens from time to time', Makeshima was only mentioned due to being criminally asymptomatic and he wasn't the only one, very doubtful that the doctor was the only one who helped him to this extent. Sorry if it was too hard to understand first time round for you.

lol I actually misunderstood what you meant.
It sounded to me like you think that they are still alive like the same people that they were 15 years ago. Recreation is something different after all.

And I said that about the plane crash because it seems weird to me that someone would want around 200 elementary students to die.
Even if it was someone asymptomatic with goals like Makishima (misunderstood that part too) why would he do that? I mean it just seems like a regular plane crash to everyone else.

Also I did not mean the doctor was the only one who helped him. I just meant the surgeries. He probably had help from a Holo expert and maybe from the Tougane company or another drug firm.

Nov 21, 2014 3:59 PM

Gymkata said:
You pretty much nailed many of my frustrations. As I stated earllier, I find it ironic that a System very much concerned with its own self-preservation at the end of S1, now finds it absurdly advisable to allow multiple stolen Dominators to remain activated, while in the employ of invisible forces committed to destroying it, to say nothing of the effects their actions have on the public's PP as a whole LOL. Funny too, that it has outright admitted it's an imperfect system, yet when Akane points that out: "watch your mouth." Hopefully we start getting some logic we can sink our teeth into...

Sybil better have a good subversive master plan to explain this. And I hope it's something better than simply to test Akane. Just....no.

That's basically all that can save the season from being a total and utter train wreck imo.

Agree with the rest as well. Sybil's excuse not only completely goes against previous things Sybil itself has said but is actively helping someone fight against itself and it's own damn system.

Nov 21, 2014 5:30 PM
SimmianPrime said:

this exactly! it's insulting to viewers when the characters intentionally don't do the most obvious easy solution.

kamui is obviously a threat to sybil. sybil is pretty ruthless in destroying threats. I mean the chief went & personally zapped a perfectly compliant-working-within-the-system enforcer in the first season for discovering their secret. obviously moral quandaries such as clear hues or lack of guilt does not prevent sybil from acting to protect its self interest.

So this season, sybil's response to a rogue agent + untaggable villian armed with 8 dominators & obviously forging identities to get dominator clearance who completely eliminated an entire MWPSB unit & is trigger mass area stress level rising through hacking is... uhhh, rogue agent's psycho pass is clear & kamui really doesn't exist.... so yes, please continue to let her & her fake identities to use the dominators in an completely unauthorized way & no, we are not going to track their location via the dominators.

...can I say WTF?

edit: i mean, at least add in something along the lines that kamui hacked the dominators so Sibyl can no longer control them or some other random excuse. after all, kamui already has access to advanced holo-programming, organ transplanting, complex surgery, advanced pharmacy & drug knowledge, genius computer hacking, mad seducing/brain-washing skills... etc etc.

why not just have the dominators hacked, so we can't be like omfg just turn off the damn stolen dominators & use them to track down where he is.
Modified by money4me247, Nov 21, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 21, 2014 5:46 PM

What a twist! He was right in front of their noses countless times! :O
:)

Nov 21, 2014 6:46 PM

money4me247 said:
Kirua- said:
I just love how fucking smart this Anime is. Didn't expect Jun to write such a superb script.

really? the characters seem to act pretty stupid.

first, akane doesn't just kill kamui, which literally just ends in crisis right there. she doesn't even let her enforcer do it... which is the entire point of enforcers!!! doing the dirty almost-criminally-type stuff, so inspectors don't get clouded.

then the sibyl system seems to be so flawed it is ridiculous. not only does it straight fail with criminally asymptomatic people, but now it is shown that it even fails to register someone.

on top of that, when its flaws are brought to light, instead of taking a logical next-step to avert the crisis, the system cannot get pass its own flawed psycho pass rating system. oh, the crazy inspector has a clear psycho pass, let's just let her keep killing our enforcers. no biggie.

turn off the damn stolen dominators!!! lol!!! the captured-turned-traitor inspector is obviously no longer acting with any direct orders from MWPSB, so she should no longer have any authorization to use the dominator. also, the fact that "multiple" instances of the same inspector registering on different dominators at different places blatantly show that her identity is being faked... sooo... goddamn it. turn off the other dominators omg you are so stupid sibyl.

Turn off the stolen dominators & shoot kamui with a regular gun. crisis averted.

Everything else that seems smart & tricky is simply really just flaws from a messed up system that does not work.

I am surprised that anyone even thinks the people at MWPSB are good guys. The system that judges & executes prior to any actual crime without any trial based on an arbitrary 'psycho pass' number that has been shown numerous times to be an inaccurate judge of character or malicious intent..... so disgusting, I can't believe anyone can even think this sort of society is anything but pure evil.

[bold]Guilt is no longer determined by actually committing a crime or even malicious intent... but rather some touchy-feely number based on your mood. omg rotfl. that makes so much sense.[/bold]

Akane is the biggest villain as she is one of the few people who know the truth of this f*ckd up system & continues to support it.

Not to mention organ donation affects clear hues. Fucking how? They're just organs!
Modified by gedata, Nov 21, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 21, 2014 7:22 PM

Benphyre said:
Those holograms are too op.. plz nerf

Yeah, please do. People are raging in the forums. Devs should tone them down, they're too much for us newbs.

On the other hand, alas they showed more skin to the Yayoi x Shion that I've been shipping for so long. I believe that sometime between this season and the upcoming movie that relationship has to take a bigger role. I mean, they're pretty much the only serious relationship besides Akane and Kougami (which I believe is more a dramatic relationship than love interest) giving the show more variety. Who knows... I just want Urobutcher in all his glory.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 21, 2014 8:13 PM

I liked it. I was afraid they wouldn't have time to show/mention to us some of the Enforcers' pasts being 11 episodes and all, but I'm quite satisfied with Sho's.

Nov 21, 2014 8:34 PM

Any theories on what the hell the purpose was behind that scene with Akane's Grandmother?? When the call came in, I thought uh no...they've got to her family and now they're leading her into a trap. I guess the drones in the hospital could've malfunctioned in the same facility holding her Grandmother, but was it just coincidence?

Nov 21, 2014 8:52 PM

deanzel said:

Now that is what I call an episode. I think that we can safely say that Psycho-Pass is back. Bring it on.

Nov 21, 2014 10:01 PM

I enjoyed this episode overall, shed a lot of light on certain plot points. But the exposition definitely felt rushed, as if the show was trying to cram so many ideas into one episode.
Powerful eyebrows.

Nov 21, 2014 10:28 PM

It would be nice if Hinakawa has a little crush on Akane... that would be really cute. OH GOD HE'S SO CUTE "ONEE-CHAN"

so if Akane wants to think about Kougami she lights up a cigarette?
ANYWAY THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!! OH YES
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02

Nov 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Gymkata said:
Any theories on what the hell the purpose was behind that scene with Akane's Grandmother?? When the call came in, I thought uh no...they've got to her family and now they're leading her into a trap. I guess the drones in the hospital could've malfunctioned in the same facility holding her Grandmother, but was it just coincidence?

To be honest, I really thought her grandma was going to show up dead and that was going to be the thing that sets Akane off her rocker.
Even though that didn't happen, it still might be a trap. Perhaps there was actually something there that Akane missed because she was too relieved her grandma was alive. Perhaps that's not her grandma at all. Perhaps it's forahadowing that in the future, her grandma might become one of Kamui's followers, or victims. Either way, I think the chances of seeing her grandma again are pretty high.

SoonaxUchiha02 said:
It would be nice if Hinakawa has a little crush on Akane... that would be really cute. OH GOD HE'S SO CUTE "ONEE-CHAN"

Ik ik!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the yuri and all.. But he really is cute. I can't help but ship a straight couple once in a while. Ahem. T////T

Nov 22, 2014 1:28 AM

interesting episode,
Cant wait to what coming next!

Nov 22, 2014 2:00 AM

money4me247 said:
hassan0297 said:

Wow! Brilliant! What's the whole point of the show then?
If you think you can create something better,by all means please do so.
No one's stopping you.Create something that makes much more sense than Psycho-Pass.Prove that it is shitty not by your words but by your actions.Why are you spreading YOUR hate in the community by replying to those who think it's a good show.That's your opinion.No need to force it on others.

lol i like this show too, but these big glaring holes in actions/logic is severely detracting from my enjoyment of it. seems like some of the problems have insanely simple solutions, but they just aren't pursuing it just to height the drama. this cheapens my personal enjoyment of the show.

oh gee whiz i wonder where kamui disappeared too. too bad we don't have any means to find him since he is invisible to psycho pass scanner. ... oh wait, someone else mentioned this, but sibyl system can TRACK dominators!!! lollerwagons.
This is only an assumption:
Dominators are tracked by GPS.That means signals are received by Dominators from the satellite.Also the Dominator is connected to Sibyl and that's why it's still online.So keeping in mind the level of their technology,I think Dominator might be using two different kind of radio waves to communicate.One of the radio waves that are coming from the Sibyl System and one that are coming from the satellite.And Kamui may be blocking(Interfering) with those waves that are coming from the satellite.That's why they are unable to track him and the Dominator still remains online.Also no other method has yet been shown to track the dominators except GPS.It can also be that the Dominator might be using the same radio waves of different frequencies and Kamui could be blocking the wave with the frequency used for GPS.
Either this or the writer is retard.!

a lot of the things happening this season seem silly considering the universe psycho pass is based in.
Modified by hassan0297, Nov 22, 2014 2:15 AM

Nov 22, 2014 2:50 AM

Gymkata said:
Any theories on what the hell the purpose was behind that scene with Akane's Grandmother??

That's pretty easy.
The writer has to introduce more characters so that he can murder them before we got time to know them.

Nov 22, 2014 3:24 AM

Well, Akane also mentioned her grandmother in an episode where she was driving with Mika in the car.
And maybe Akane picked up her view on things from her grandma, too.

Also in S1 there were characters who weren't introduced at all and died, too. Like Ryogo Kozuki who was killed by Aoyanagi.
We did only see what happened in the extended edition.

And not everyone from Division 3 died.
We saw that the Inspector with the glasses and the woman died.
The last death was shown indirectly. We also saw that another Enforcer just got paralyzed.
And the Enforcer who got transfered to Div. 1 died, too.
So it actually only seemed like that there were more deaths.
(You can also check the official psycho pass website under the character section to see this).

Nov 22, 2014 4:09 AM

that grandma will be so dead. And after that Akane's hue will be as black as possible.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com

Nov 22, 2014 4:33 AM

Knowing that there are very obvious solutions that can end this anime in 2 eps kills me. Still can't stop watching it even though it drives me crazy.
I like Tougane and I find the most interesting character in this season, he is prepared to do all the dirty work and always keeps an open eye. Looking forward to know his plan towards Akani.

Nov 22, 2014 5:24 AM

Someone from the anime news network reviewed the episode

Well, let's not bury the lede here. This episode of Psycho-Pass 2 reveals a twist so stupid and hideous that it spits in the face of all the show's core themes and concepts. It's a story decision so poor that it basically dooms the rest of the season to wholesale incongruity with everything that came before it. I'm not gaming for hyperbole on this one: it's just that terrible. Before I get into the plot twist itself, I want to give a little more consideration to Tow Ubukata for what he tried to do right in the lead-up here. We definitely can't accuse him of trying to be someone he's not, and at least he's seemingly doing what he wants to do, with gusto.

It's easy for even very talented writers to mishandle plot, tone, or character logic when taking over a story they didn't create. It's extremely difficult to imitate the voice of someone completely different from you, and frankly, an artist shouldn't have to. Tow Ubukata should be free to use his own voice, but he can't on a restrictive project like Psycho-Pass where he has to play with so many firmly established rules and characters in what is rumored to be a "bottle season" of sorts that does not affect the franchise's upcoming feature film. It's been obvious from the beginning that Ubukata is much more interested in sensationalism and intrigue than the more psychologically and philosophically focused Urobuchi, and that's perfectly okay. Psycho-Pass is a cybercop show, after all. There's plenty of room for simple action and tangly conspiracies in Psycho-Pass, and it's easier to play in that sandbox when making a story that may have to eat its own tail by the end. If the end result is going to be self-contained and probably divisive, you might as well go all in and put your stamp on the thing! It's a sign of respect to the material, however, that a writer not go slathering their stamps all over the prior material that they did not create and clearly do not understand, and that's unfortunately what Ubukata's done here.

Kamui has not been altering the psycho-passes of his disciples through medication or brainwashing or anything like that. No no, those may have been small factors, but more than anything, they were red herrings. The true mad method underneath it all is more direct and disgusting. Kamui kidnaps citizens with clear psycho-passes and transplants their organs into clouded citizens and somehow this changes their Psycho-Pass. That's right. If you pack the liver, kidneys, or other meaty bits of a system-labeled nice person into a system-labeled mean person, it fools Sybil somehow! It's hoary old B-movie writing, and it flagrantly contradicts everything this story ever stood for thematically.

The show's titular "psycho-pass" has never been scientifically explained for good reason. Whether hues (day-to-day fluctuations) or crime coefficients (more permanent measurements) are read from brain waves, heart rates, or some kind of bio-scan isn't important. The show states that "scientists finally found a way to quantify the human soul" and that fulfills the device's role as a tool for social commentary. A person's psycho-pass is their personality, and one core theme of season one was that this personality is subject to change and should be free to endanger itself sometimes in order to grow and even be colored by the hues of others.

But no, apparently your psycho-pass is just part of your spine or your spleen somehow, and this is just a lame, baffling twist that adds nothing to the story or characters except a laugh at their expense. Forgive me for ever taking this story seriously or thinking it had anything to say beyond "but the hand they re-attached to him was the hand of a murderer!" histrionics. If Ubukata is not just a hacky writer who completely misunderstands the story he's been hired to continue, he must have a very low opinion of this show's audience and their intelligence.

There are plenty of other problems in this episode too. Akane is neutered even further to a weak-kneed shadow of herself, pining for Kogami so hard that she conflates him with Tougane even though the show has completely failed to make them even remotely similar beyond surface elements. There's a scene thrown in where Akane goes to visit her grandmother because she might be in danger. She isn't, but that's okay because the scene's real purpose was to create an excuse for grandma to tell the audience what kind of person Akane is, as all dialogue this season is wont to do. The Sibyl system still won't revoke Shisui's Inspector authentication, which is so moronic that the other characters have to comment on it and accuse the system of self-sabotage, (probably due to that one rogue brain that had better not be Makishima.) A gigantic plothole is also commented on by the show and dismissed by having Mika just irresponsibly forget to check her e-mail. Stupid scene after stupid scene drifts by, holding me at rapt and horrified attention.

Everything is falling apart as it escalates, and I can only watch in horror as it threatens to collapse the Psycho-Pass universe in ways that can't be rewritten. This show may not be terrible overall, and it definitely can't be accused of being boring, but the writing is fast becoming unfixably atrocious.

Rating: D-

Nov 22, 2014 7:24 AM

Jesus man what can Kamui not do. Better give me an explanation how he can be a surgeon, hacker with video game programming knowledge to boot, genius in mixing pharmaceuticals, making complex holograms, manipulative enough to get an inspector to join the cult and so on. He's definitely not some average joe super villian.

Also every one is being stupid now, its irritating
Modified by kyonJIE, Nov 22, 2014 7:33 AM
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels

Nov 22, 2014 9:51 AM
Ok i dont get the ending,

Kamui is everywhere? he's been very busy lately

Nov 22, 2014 9:56 AM

KOUUGAAAMIIII

okay calming down someone kill Mika already

damn this is just got intense...so i guess those are not all holos but plastic surgeries?

also togane is starting to really creep me out.

but sho's really precious...need more of his story

Nov 22, 2014 11:52 AM

- Isn't Sybil read one's PP by their brain waves?
Like that robot guy in S1, his entire body's not organic except his brains
or when Makishima tricked the system by those helmets that could copy other's PP?

- If all these 185 people used ghost holo which made Sibyl couldn't identify them and all citizen's career had to be chosen by the System, how could they get their jobs in the first place? Especially that therapist? Don't tell me that someone was successfully hacked into Sibyl... that'd be just lame.

Nov 22, 2014 12:29 PM

It looks like shooting Kamui wouldn't have gone against Sybil after all, so I was right in the previous thread. Since Akane already decided to be Sybil's reluctant lapdog last season I don't see why she is choosing the search for the truth over maintaining the peace. It still strikes me as out of character. I like how the boat escape went off without a hitch just like I expected. Totally ridiculous that they couldn't keep track of a boat in a surveillance police state. Not believable.

the grandma scene was so random

also, they really should have just done a google search for kamui kirito. somehow it took them this long to find out about him being on the plane? lol
Modified by TiamatNM, Nov 22, 2014 12:53 PM

Nov 22, 2014 2:51 PM

TmZ_Holymama said:

- If all these 185 people used ghost holo which made Sibyl couldn't identify them and all citizen's career had to be chosen by the System, how could they get their jobs in the first place? Especially that therapist? Don't tell me that someone was successfully hacked into Sibyl... that'd be just lame.

I'd also like to know why. But perhaps that has something to do with one of the earlier episodes where one of the characters mentioned that the female holo was too complicated or something; too many layers just for the sake of appearances. Maybe there's a way to mimic someone's brain using holograms.

Nov 22, 2014 3:44 PM

Is it just me? I feel like Togane is part of something bigger in the story. Something to do with the Sibyl System. I can just smell it.

I'm afraid that he's...I shouldn't say it, not yet
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.

Nov 22, 2014 3:48 PM

Now this folks, is how you write a sequel.
People are strange, when you're a stranger

Nov 22, 2014 4:01 PM

tanteiRE said:
TmZ_Holymama said:

I'd also like to know why. But perhaps that has something to do with one of the earlier episodes where one of the characters mentioned that the female holo was too complicated or something; too many layers just for the sake of appearances. Maybe there's a way to mimic someone's brain using holograms.

Maybe at that time Kamui's Psycho-Pass was still detectable and he had it lowered through drugs and covered his identity through holos.Due to this he was successfully able to get different job points.I mean just look at the details of those holos.No one would be able to recognize them due to the accuracy of the details.I think the reason they were made this accurately to the last detail was to fool the system itself.And then after successfully getting different jobs he began the surgeries on himself to make himself completely undetectable.But it's impossible for Kamui to handle these many jobs alone.So basically he had help from different people.But using 185 holos would require a lot of data (fake data) to be made for each holo.So maybe there's someone who is helping Kamui from the inside as well.If he got an inspector on his side that easily,why not other important people as well?If this is true then it also explains why he started his plan after 1.5 years.This guy had done some serious planning and preparations!Oh well let's see in what happens next week. :D
Modified by hassan0297, Nov 22, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 22, 2014 8:14 PM

Calling it: Kamui is a cyborg. We have never seen any part of him from the neck down. His head has a large, visible scar. His records are restricted for medical reasons, meaning he was probably an experiment for the creation of cyborgs, hence why he was the only crash survivor.

It would explain why he can't be recognized by the Sibyl System - there isn't enough organic matter for this to be possible.

And it would explain why Kasei wants him silenced: cyborgs are a state secret. And if it came out that Kasei was one, it would be a massive scandal.

Nov 22, 2014 8:43 PM

I feel like they could make a great slapstick comedy with this cast. Their interaction is largely comical.

Nov 22, 2014 8:45 PM

chakracat said:
EVERY.FUCKIN'.TIME

this is so good
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Nov 22, 2014 8:57 PM
Darkdrone said:
Someone from the anime news network reviewed the episode

Well, let's not bury the lede here. This episode of Psycho-Pass 2 reveals a twist so stupid and hideous that it spits in the face of all the show's core themes and concepts. It's a story decision so poor that it basically dooms the rest of the season to wholesale incongruity with everything that came before it. I'm not gaming for hyperbole on this one: it's just that terrible. Before I get into the plot twist itself, I want to give a little more consideration to Tow Ubukata for what he tried to do right in the lead-up here. We definitely can't accuse him of trying to be someone he's not, and at least he's seemingly doing what he wants to do, with gusto.

It's easy for even very talented writers to mishandle plot, tone, or character logic when taking over a story they didn't create. It's extremely difficult to imitate the voice of someone completely different from you, and frankly, an artist shouldn't have to. Tow Ubukata should be free to use his own voice, but he can't on a restrictive project like Psycho-Pass where he has to play with so many firmly established rules and characters in what is rumored to be a "bottle season" of sorts that does not affect the franchise's upcoming feature film. It's been obvious from the beginning that Ubukata is much more interested in sensationalism and intrigue than the more psychologically and philosophically focused Urobuchi, and that's perfectly okay. Psycho-Pass is a cybercop show, after all. There's plenty of room for simple action and tangly conspiracies in Psycho-Pass, and it's easier to play in that sandbox when making a story that may have to eat its own tail by the end. If the end result is going to be self-contained and probably divisive, you might as well go all in and put your stamp on the thing! It's a sign of respect to the material, however, that a writer not go slathering their stamps all over the prior material that they did not create and clearly do not understand, and that's unfortunately what Ubukata's done here.

Kamui has not been altering the psycho-passes of his disciples through medication or brainwashing or anything like that. No no, those may have been small factors, but more than anything, they were red herrings. The true mad method underneath it all is more direct and disgusting. Kamui kidnaps citizens with clear psycho-passes and transplants their organs into clouded citizens and somehow this changes their Psycho-Pass. That's right. If you pack the liver, kidneys, or other meaty bits of a system-labeled nice person into a system-labeled mean person, it fools Sybil somehow! It's hoary old B-movie writing, and it flagrantly contradicts everything this story ever stood for thematically.

The show's titular "psycho-pass" has never been scientifically explained for good reason. Whether hues (day-to-day fluctuations) or crime coefficients (more permanent measurements) are read from brain waves, heart rates, or some kind of bio-scan isn't important. The show states that "scientists finally found a way to quantify the human soul" and that fulfills the device's role as a tool for social commentary. A person's psycho-pass is their personality, and one core theme of season one was that this personality is subject to change and should be free to endanger itself sometimes in order to grow and even be colored by the hues of others.

But no, apparently your psycho-pass is just part of your spine or your spleen somehow, and this is just a lame, baffling twist that adds nothing to the story or characters except a laugh at their expense. Forgive me for ever taking this story seriously or thinking it had anything to say beyond "but the hand they re-attached to him was the hand of a murderer!" histrionics. If Ubukata is not just a hacky writer who completely misunderstands the story he's been hired to continue, he must have a very low opinion of this show's audience and their intelligence.

There are plenty of other problems in this episode too. Akane is neutered even further to a weak-kneed shadow of herself, pining for Kogami so hard that she conflates him with Tougane even though the show has completely failed to make them even remotely similar beyond surface elements. There's a scene thrown in where Akane goes to visit her grandmother because she might be in danger. She isn't, but that's okay because the scene's real purpose was to create an excuse for grandma to tell the audience what kind of person Akane is, as all dialogue this season is wont to do. The Sibyl system still won't revoke Shisui's Inspector authentication, which is so moronic that the other characters have to comment on it and accuse the system of self-sabotage, (probably due to that one rogue brain that had better not be Makishima.) A gigantic plothole is also commented on by the show and dismissed by having Mika just irresponsibly forget to check her e-mail. Stupid scene after stupid scene drifts by, holding me at rapt and horrified attention.

Everything is falling apart as it escalates, and I can only watch in horror as it threatens to collapse the Psycho-Pass universe in ways that can't be rewritten. This show may not be terrible overall, and it definitely can't be accused of being boring, but the writing is fast becoming unfixably atrocious.

Rating: D-

if this reviewer is correct in his statement that transplanting healthy psycho-pass individual's organs into clouded psycho-pass people changes their psycho pass... i would be extremely disappointed in the direction of this show.

that just can't be right. all indications in season 1 previously showed that the psycho pass was more akin to a person's state of mind. The psycho pass is derived from a "cymatic scan." Cymatic is actually defined as wave phenomena, which implies that the psycho pass is the result of scanning brain waves. this is further collaborated via the helmets from season 1 worked. The actual person or organic material is irrelevant in determining the psycho pass number.

let's also not forget that the public's perception of how psycho passes are determined is incorrect anyway, because the reality is that a bunch of "criminally asymptomatic" brains lacking any emotional empathy is actually just arbitrarily deciding what's up. It may not be completely arbitrary as in the show's universe there may exist some sort of scientifically-measured values that underlie the psycho pass number. However, this number cannot be dependent on a person's actual organic material as you can see people's psycho passes changing based on their mood/state of mind while their organs remain the same.

Remember the psycho pass and crime coefficient is not measured by the morality of the specific actions, but rather with the individual's state of mind/emotion/stress. Remember how Shogo killed a Akane's friend for no reason and Touma plastinated an Enforcer, but despite the brutality and 'evilness' of their actions, their psycho pass remained clear due to how they viewed their own actions.

Finally, dominators can work on objects that do not have a psycho pass if they are deemed a threat!!!! Remember how in season 1 they dominatored robots and other objects that were attacking them? Therefore, even if kamui is completely not recognized as an human being with a psycho pass, dominators can still destroy him if he is taking threatening actions against an inspector.

That is actually one of the biggest issues I have trouble understanding in this show's universe. If a robot with no psycho pass & a crime coefficient of zero can be successfully dominated based on siybl perceiving the object being a threat to the inspector... that logic should still apply to people with a crime coefficient of zero or perfectly healthy psycho passes or 'kamui-like-ghosts.'

The whole drama of being in a threatening situation but not being able to shoot due to the discrepancy of the psycho pass or crime coefficient seems to me to be pretty forced to me in light of how these guns are shown to work and how the system governing the guns is not actually a computer program handicapped by preset rules, but rather a collection of brains that should be able to make judgement calls for unique weird situations.
Modified by money4me247, Nov 22, 2014 9:08 PM

Nov 22, 2014 9:44 PM

Darkdrone said:
wall of text
Humans aren't perfect, and "Sybil" knew this when they created the system. They know it's flawed, they just don't want to admit.

When Urobuchi created Psycho-Pass, he literally covered most of the major plotholes with simple things like "the system is flawed, and they know it"
Modified by KentoBento, Nov 22, 2014 9:48 PM

Nov 22, 2014 10:19 PM

Darkdrone said:

I saw this ANN "review" the other day as well and didn't know what to make of this part in particular. While I understood his criticisms of the characters and their development, literally half of the review is dedicated to him bashing the secret behind Kamui's loophole exploit of the Psycho-Pass system that he explained above. However, I thought that the method/mechanism behind Kamui's loophole or exploit wasn't fully revealed this episode (unless I am a complete idiot). There were definitely hints with the organs, retina contacts, holos, etc, but nothing so concrete as what this reviewer is talking about. At least that's what I thought as I watched this episode. Either I am a complete moron and everyone else here came to the same conclusion as this ANN reviewer (then please disregard my statements entirely), or he seems to be completely bashing this entire season largely based on some deduction that isn't even true (as of yet anyway).

However, if Kamui's exploit is revealed to be as simple as just transplanting someone's organs, I'll take back my defense of this show. However, I don't think that something so pedestrian is all that is behind how he is able to get around the Sibyl system (at least I pray it isn't).

Nov 22, 2014 10:33 PM

deanzel said:
Darkdrone said:

I saw this ANN "review" the other day as well and didn't know what to make of this part in particular. While I understood his criticisms of the characters and their development, literally half of the review is dedicated to him bashing the secret behind Kamui's loophole exploit of the Psycho-Pass system that he explained above. However, I thought that the method/mechanism behind Kamui's loophole or exploit wasn't fully revealed this episode (unless I am a complete idiot). There were definitely hints with the organs, retina contacts, holos, etc, but nothing so concrete as what this reviewer is talking about. At least that's what I thought as I watched this episode. Either I am a complete moron and everyone else here came to the same conclusion as this ANN reviewer (then please disregard my statements entirely), or he seems to be completely bashing this entire season largely based on some deduction that isn't even true (as of yet anyway).

However, if Kamui's exploit is revealed to be as simple as just transplanting someone's organs, I'll take back my defense of this show. However, I don't think that something so pedestrian is all that is behind how he is able to get around the Sibyl system (at least I pray it isn't).

It's ANN you're talking about, the same place that calls Fate Stay Night and Nasu are sexist, even though Nasu has created some of the most self-empowered females in the genre. Ryougi Shiki and Touko Aozaki from Kara No Kyoukai, Alice Kounji and Aoko Aozaki from Mahou Tsuki No Yoru.
They claim to have read the FSN visual novel, and are called on it. So they decide to block anyone who disagrees with them in the comments
I wouldn't pay much attention to ANN reviewers honestly, although theres a few rare reviews here and there. Most of them don't even pay attention to what they are reviewing.

Nov 22, 2014 10:41 PM

kingcity20 said:

It's ANN you're talking about, the same place that calls Fate Stay Night and Nasu are sexist, even though Nasu has created some of the most self-empowered females in the genre. Ryougi Shiki and Touko Aozaki from Kara No Kyoukai, Alice Kounji and Aoko Aozaki from Mahou Tsuki No Yoru.
They claim to have read the FSN visual novel, and are called on it. So they decide to block anyone who disagrees with them in the comments
I wouldn't pay much attention to ANN reviewers honestly, although theres a few rare reviews here and there. Most of them don't even pay attention to what they are reviewing.

Oh no doubt. I don't trust ANN on anything "opinion" based (they are solid with collecting anime news though). I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going senile in my ability to understand the plot.

Nov 22, 2014 10:58 PM

I think the reason behind that the Psycho-Pass changes due to mass organ transplant is like this.The Cymatic Scan is performed on the person's brain.That means Sibyl first has to recognize the person himself.Changing the original internal structure and the external structure is like recreating a person from scratch.So if a person has done a lot of organ transplants and transplanted organs from various people changing his Bio-data.Like Saiga said "the DISCREPANCY would be treated as a margin of error".It means if the person has done one or two or at the least even 3 transplants the divergence would be small that it would be treated as a very short error but if a person does a whole lotta them then the divergence is gonna be so much that the system would deem it as illogical.That is true if there are less and small organ transplants but if a person does a lot of them then there would be a mismatch according to the data the Sibyl has on that person.A kind of like disagreement or a dissimilarity.Also we saw that Kamui's data was confidential.That's my best answer to this. :D

Nov 22, 2014 11:41 PM

The organs are only a part of it.

Again, I fall back on my cyborg theory. Kamui isn't switching them for other people - it's more likely that he's able to electronically interfere with human brainwaves.

Nov 22, 2014 11:55 PM

hassan0297 said:
I think the reason behind that the Psycho-Pass changes due to mass organ transplant is like this.The Cymatic Scan is performed on the person's brain.That means Sibyl first has to recognize the person himself.Changing the original internal structure and the external structure is like recreating a person from scratch.So if a person has done a lot of organ transplants and transplanted organs from various people changing his Bio-data.Like Saiga said "the DISCREPANCY would be treated as a margin of error".It means if the person has done one or two or at the least even 3 transplants the divergence would be small that it would be treated as a very short error but if a person does a whole lotta them then the divergence is gonna be so much that the system would deem it as illogical.That is true if there are less and small organ transplants but if a person does a lot of them then there would be a mismatch according to the data the Sibyl has on that person.A kind of like disagreement or a dissimilarity.Also we saw that Kamui's data was confidential.That's my best answer to this. :D
I've come to this conclusion before but I just hate the idea so much. Aoyanagi exploded into pieces before they even know who she is. This shouldn't be our jobs to fill up the plot holes. It should make sense in the first place.

Nov 23, 2014 1:01 AM

TmZ_Holymama said:
hassan0297 said:
I've come to this conclusion before but I just hate the idea so much. Aoyanagi exploded into pieces before they even know who she is. This shouldn't be our jobs to fill up the plot holes. It should make sense in the first place.

That was because of the assault dominator.I guess it was made like that on purpose.To detect a person but don't show who's who.Why would they do that?Either way Assault Dominator was a cheap addition to the plot.They just introduced it for 30 seconds and then it's gone?That was seriously a bad move and I agree that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense but this organ transplant thing is awesome.
The Impact Absorber of the drone which was put aside and this Assault Dominator are the 2 blunders of this season.Seriously why did they have to change the writer? -_-

Nov 23, 2014 2:18 AM

If doing organ transplants affects the psycho pass like that why does the number still change? Like, the old guy in episode 4. His CC was low even when he was doing bad stuff and then they were able to blow him up at the end of the episode cause it went up really high after Kamui left him. I really don't get it at all.

Nov 23, 2014 5:01 AM

Well, I still can enjoy this despite the plot holes. Speaking about that Akane-Kougami scene, I think Akane is using a technique called mind palace (the one that BBC Sherlock uses).

And I need more Shou. He's too cute.

Nov 23, 2014 5:07 AM

Aoyanagi scratched his face with a piece of glass and he was bleeding pretty much.
Maybe that was enough of a shock for his PP to go up again?
Well, at least I thought it would be like this. Something else does not make sense.
It would be illogical if the PP stays clear when you do something bad but when someone does something to you it goes up again.
Because Kitazawa had a cloudy PP when he blew up the bombs. And he later was clear again because Kamui was with him (as the Psychologist).
So maybe he needs to be close to them somehow and lower the PP from time to time? Shisui said something about stay by my side...

I also do not think that Kamui did the surgeries on himself. I'm pretty sure the doctor helped him (also with Shisuis eye).
So he probably has some more people who helped him (like real people not these holos) who were experts in different fields. Something like Kamui helped them to be clear so they helped him, too? But how do they even get clear...only because of drugs?
Let's hope everything will be explained.
Modified by giuli94, Nov 23, 2014 5:12 AM

Nov 23, 2014 5:29 AM

TiamatNM said:
If doing organ transplants affects the psycho pass like that why does the number still change? Like, the old guy in episode 4. His CC was low even when he was doing bad stuff and then they were able to blow him up at the end of the episode cause it went up really high after Kamui left him. I really don't get it at all.

He mentioned he was a patient of Eustress Deficiency.Maybe the actions he was doing at that time caused his stress to build up again thus a slow increase in his psycho-pass.I don't think he had organ transplants or even if he had but not to that extent of transplants Kamui had.

Nov 23, 2014 6:24 AM

The only logical answer for all of this confusion is that Sibyl behind all of this(again), even Kamui is just part of the Sibyl's plan. If that was not the case, then this season definitely just a huge trainwreck.
I like anime.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »