Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Nov 20, 2014 9:30 PM

Holy crap. The more we uncover, the more mysteries need to be solved. Kamui was not alone after all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 20, 2014 9:36 PM
Someone on rdit mentioned that the history file of Tougane said he had a crime coefficient of 769
when he was 10 years old. No idea if it's true or not, but if it is... wth.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Nov 20, 2014 9:56 PM

This anime knows how to keep you interested.

Nov 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Psycho is finally starting to get my attention, the plot stayed a little more serious, turning to the mystery and not only the blood gushing

Akane returned to take actions that may later regret, Mika continues his bitch's attitude, but now she is suspiciously of Tougane, was becoming clear that he had something to do with Kamui, the mystery is getting better

And even if only by a vision Kougami appeared, still I twist so it to appear this season ..

Nov 20, 2014 10:16 PM

A much better episode than last week's, but that isn't saying much. More than half the ep was the tired 'tell' rather than show type stand-around exposition that puts a stake through the heart of good mystery. Have to agree with others who've noted the poor writing--it becomes ever more apparent when the action scenes are removed. Kamui's true form was known/seen during the hostage crisis? Oops forgot to report that! LOL--which of course conveniently led them to a successful cross-reference of the plane crash (the break through of the ep,). You'd think this would have occurred to them a lot earlier, but w/e.

Ironically, the best and worst moments were both contained in Akane's confrontation with Sybil. Loved her furious outburst, but what followed was patent absurdity: her intention to somehow "arrest" Kamui after Sybil gave the tacit approval to shoot him with conventional weaponry, knowing Dominators are useless against him (I guess they'll get a clue someday), and after the wholesale slaughter of a Division. Makes me wonder about Akane's real intentions, to say nothing of her morals. Sybil's answer regarding the Dominators seems to explain her actions--a computer following its own programming directives--but such obtuseness belies both its current interests and the more sophisticated reasoning displayed in the past. Leaving multiple stolen Dominators activated and accessible to the forces committed to destroying Sybil means it has no powers of self-preservation, wihich is ironic considering the lengths it goes towards public "control" and suppression of information. Seems to me it was certainly concerned about self-preservation at the end of S1 LOL! My hope is that Sybil was just bullshitting Akane because it has some grand scheme in mind, because that's the only reasonable explanation for what's going on.

Looks like Kamui is getting lots of help, at least I think. I REALLY liked thisl. The one man surgeon/pharmacist/programmer/holo expert/psychologist/leader idea is ridiculous.
Modified by Gymkata, Nov 21, 2014 12:59 AM

Nov 20, 2014 10:29 PM
THIS IS A GREAT EPISODE. THE END :D

Nov 20, 2014 10:38 PM
This episode is one of the best so far!
Great to see some Kougami <3 I really miss him.
Hinakawa is always adorable when it comes to screen time. ><
I'm proud of him *^* He's become more useful.

I can't wait for next ep!
This whole thing with Kamui is even more interesting.
Everything is like...so.. wow~

Nov 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Loved this episode. Was having a bit of doubt in this season but this ep definitely got me back in.

It's still overshadowed by S1, but that is to be expected with the director swap and 1 cour only, I guess.

Kamui may be 'petit-Sibyl', or so someone else said elsewhere haha

===

Also, happy birthday to Gino!

Nov 20, 2014 10:56 PM

so is this a duo mastermind of Togaune and Kamui o.o

Nov 20, 2014 11:33 PM
I liked this episode because there's less human explosions and more actual investigation.

Nov 20, 2014 11:34 PM

Kamui Strikes again

Nov 20, 2014 11:59 PM

Vexper said:
^ That shit doesn't fly around here buddy. Who the fuck cares that he's not enjoying it. Him being able to criticize it doesn't mean he has to be able to create something better. It's a discussion thread, let him have his say.

Good episode, we got a lot of answers which I'm pretty happy about :P

?? Chyotto hyprocritical, no?

Good stuff PP2! Kept me entertainedshi, wanting moreshi, invested in the plotshi, what more could I want from a TV show?

Nov 21, 2014 12:23 AM

Hinakawa's awesome in this ep. XD
That Togane dude is such a threat.

Nov 21, 2014 12:28 AM

What did Ginoza mean when he said "We knew it wasn't the real Masuda, yet we couldn't do anything about it"

Also, all these followers they discovered, are they all alive or are just holograms? I'm confused because that last part where Kamui is handed a dominator seems like he is able to interact with the Holos (assuming thats them). Does this mean they're actually alive? Which would then mean that Kamui wasn't the only survivor in the plane crash.

Nov 21, 2014 1:04 AM

To think that Kirito was already seeded this deeply in that society..

Sibyl going to regret not deactivating those dominators, one of these days.
Modified by Zemus, Nov 21, 2014 2:31 AM
Can such a dream truely exist?

Nov 21, 2014 1:30 AM
This series is amazing

Nov 21, 2014 1:31 AM

Well we know that sibyl is going to be moved to south-east asia

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Nov 21, 2014 2:30 AM

So that therapist in S1 was Kamui the entire time?
That explains how he knows about Akane and MWPSB's system.And how he took his time to develop those 185 holos and his plans in 1.5 year timeskip.
WOW! He knew what he was doing all this time.DAMN!

Nov 21, 2014 2:36 AM

To those who think that tougane is somehow kougami, how would that even make sense. Kougami is 28, psycho pass 2 takes place 1 1/2 years after the incidents of the first season, which would make Kougami 29

Nov 21, 2014 2:45 AM

Fools! You have all been clouded from the real senario of the series!

Actual plot twist:
The whole world is a video game (virtual world) and people have their memory altered to think that they are part of it from the beggining!
Kaisei is game Admin, Akane and the inspectors are GMs (w/o knowing what they really are) and Kirito (maybe the actual Kirito from SAO) is a hacker trying to save all the trapped people by destroying the game's system from the inside!

Nov 21, 2014 3:08 AM
yuri sex

and then togane is link to a drug company which is related to kamui hah the mysteries piles up

and now we know that kamui is a group of people possibly all the 200 people that use the face of who died in the plane accident

Nov 21, 2014 3:12 AM

Seta19 said:
To those who think that tougane is somehow kougami, how would that even make sense. Kougami is 28, psycho pass 2 takes place 1 1/2 years after the incidents of the first season, which would make Kougami 29

Plus we learned that Togane is actually 41, at least he should be according to the reports Mika found. Funny how he's the opposite of Kamui. One makes their PP skyrocket, the other lowers them. But both are deadly to the users.

Nov 21, 2014 3:27 AM

Looks like Kamui is getting the academy award for best actor

konatachan80 said:
Someone on rdit mentioned that the history file of Tougane said he had a crime coefficient of 769

translation
Modified by Cerisine, Nov 21, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 21, 2014 3:33 AM

Gymkata said:
Seta19 said:

Plus we learned that Togane is actually 41, at least he should be according to the reports Mika found. Funny how he's the opposite of Kamui. One makes their PP skyrocket, the other lowers them. But both are deadly to the users.

but something isn't right he is 41 right and akane is 20 soo why was akane born
in the year 2092 and tougane 2086 ???

Nov 21, 2014 3:44 AM

I'm glad Hinakawa got more screen time. Oh, hi Kougami.

Nov 21, 2014 4:49 AM
Ok this was a nice episode. There was a lot of information, and I was not really surprised with that plane incident...it was kinda hinted in the opening :P

I think I'm becoming more aware of why I'm not liking this season as much as the previous one. It's because they're not really showing a lot of background info for the villains, and what they're motives are. We hardly even see Kamui, and therefore, we can't really relate to him as much as Makishima. Well, the season hasn't ended yet so I can't really make a conclusion, but I feel more motivated to watch this more...kinda.

Nov 21, 2014 5:05 AM
Aurusine said:
Looks like Kamui is getting the academy award for best actor

konatachan80 said:

translation

Nice :) It was true then.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Nov 21, 2014 5:45 AM
Kannei said:
Gymkata said:

if you will look at the lower left corner of the translation link that was posted, Tougane's birthdate was 6 Jun 2073 not 2086.
Also supported that also was in there that he got his Psycho Pass of 769 at the age 10 dated Jun 2083

Nov 21, 2014 6:06 AM

Second time in two weeks they tease us with Kougami, ugh, really annoying. ;-;
Really hope he makes an actual appearance by the end of this season.
And I'm getting really suspicious of Kogane, that bastard.
Overall, episode was good, nothing all that exciting. Hoping for a better episode next week.

Nov 21, 2014 7:15 AM

Less action this time, but they answered some of the questions that have been bugging us since the first episode.

Another cameo from Kougami, nice. But I still don't think that he will show up in person later on.

The investigation is quite interesting, I liked it when Hinakawa is getting more involved. And that "Onee-chan" by him.... I wonder if he's actually Akane's sister....?

As expected, that psychologist in the first episode had something to do with Kamui, kudos to whoever got it right. And a bit scary to think that Kamui's everywhere all this time.

Mika is still.... oh well.

Tougami's past is also shocking. All the inspectors that were working with him got executed by Dominator? Dear me...

Nov 21, 2014 7:28 AM

Wow, Kamui has some extraordinary knowledge about drugs....interesting. So besides expert on hacking, manipulating network, surgery, now he is an expert on pharmacy too. Good, good, what can't he do?

Some (supposedly) big and surprising revelation, but I'm not too surprised. Maybe I kinda predicted it from previous ep.

Kogami, I want you to appear in person *__*
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER

Nov 21, 2014 7:42 AM

tiya_n said:
Wow, Kamui has some extraordinary knowledge about drugs....interesting. So besides expert on hacking, manipulating network, surgery, now he is an expert on pharmacy too. Good, good, what can't he do?

At least it was shown on this episode that he's not doing everything alone.

Nov 21, 2014 8:07 AM

Great episode. WOW! So Kamui are everywhere.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Nov 21, 2014 9:06 AM
Some revelations this episode, it makes more sense now.

Nov 21, 2014 9:32 AM

Guessed Spoiler:
Kamui is a part of Sybil. (like agent Smith in Matrix - was a part of Matrix but went then 'independent').
That's why Sybil can't even identify him.

Nov 21, 2014 9:42 AM

I liked this episode very much.

Kamui isn't doing everything on his own after all....or is he? lol that part was still kinda confusing.
At least he did not do the surgery and stuff on his own. It was the doctor. Maybe they are somehow related? He called him by his first name....

He also probably got help from a the Tougane company(? not entirely sure) and some Holo experts.
I wonder who the latter could be. Hinakawa seems unlikely... I mean why would he help Akane and co. then?
Or maybe he used to help but then decided he did not want to anymore...
That might be possible he does not seem like a bad guy at all. Unless he is the master of disguise.... But that also does not seem realistic he seems to innocent and cute to me xD

But I think it is pretty obvious now that Kamui is only Kamui and not someone else in disguise. (At least the main person).
I'm pretty sure he just got regular surgery because he also looks like the kid in the picture only older.
Unless there is some weird revelation. Would rather want him to just be Kamui, though.
It wouldn't make sense if someone picked up the identity of a random kid if you ask me.
Also he was really on the plane and survived it.
And he probably got organ transplants and somehow his Psycho Pass did not exist anymore?
Sibyl was talking about transfering a Psycho Pass through organs..

Also a few episoded ago I thought 'lol what if that Psychologist is actually Kamui in disguise' (yes I still remember he was in season 1)
And I was actually right.... what the hell I still cannot believe it xD

Sibyl also does not want to admit that it is not perfect and that's why they did not deactivate Shisuis dominator... It also denies Kamuis existence it seems.
And everything adds up to Akane needing to kill Kamui.
I hope she does not do what Sibyl wants her to do... That would suck but it most likely will happen.

I still have no idea what the hell is up with Tougane. Suddenly he is actually 41? How?
And he even was an Enforcer before... I wonder if Mika will find out the truth about him.
Modified by giuli94, Nov 21, 2014 9:45 AM

Nov 21, 2014 9:56 AM

Greatest Plot Twist: Kirito Kamui created a Holo of Shougo Makishima. So, he still alive ready to destroy Sibyl System.

LOL.

Nov 21, 2014 10:01 AM

Why is everyone so upset with the obvious flaws in the Sibyl system?

I admit during the episode I too kept getting frustrated at their inability to inactivate dominator users, but once we got the answer from the chief it all fills in.

They're not in control of the system, its in control of them! This is a typical dystopian setting, let alone the corrupt power heads that the chief is reporting to.

Kogami's whole purpose and Makishima was to reveal this once aspect, make it known to anyone. So no, this isn't a simple "turn it off" plot device.

Do you think anyone here really has a choice? The only thing that can be argued here is Tsunemori not killing Kamui.

But this would not be in line with her character. Tsunemori will change the system by following it, going against it just puts her in a position where she CAN'T do this.

Nov 21, 2014 10:04 AM

I guess after this episode,we can say that

"Psycho-Pass is back in business folks!" :D

Nov 21, 2014 10:08 AM

Damnnn, amazing episode, one of my favourites so far, so many psycho-pass 1 vibes.

Nov 21, 2014 10:37 AM

Liesianthes said:
Kannei said:

if you will look at the lower left corner of the translation link that was posted, Tougane's birthdate was 6 Jun 2073 not 2086.
Also supported that also was in there that he got his Psycho Pass of 769 at the age 10 dated Jun 2083

oh I see thx for telling me this :D

Nov 21, 2014 10:48 AM

Amazing episode !

Nov 21, 2014 10:49 AM
I dunno why but Mika got on my nerves in this episode.

Great episode nonetheless.

Nov 21, 2014 12:29 PM

Damn that ending. I was afraid that being just 11 eps, it would be rushed and lacking but it has damn proven to be wrong so faar.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.

Nov 21, 2014 1:13 PM

It's picking up after a shaky start.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Nov 21, 2014 1:14 PM

Akane thinking about Kougami.
Kirito was the only survivor of that plane crash
and there are holos/fakes everywhere.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 21, 2014 1:24 PM
Alright, this is now starting to make sense (not really, we are talking about psycho pass here, folks) and not at the same time. So, so many questions.
Why are those kids from the incident 15 years ago are holding grudge against the society?
Was it somehow linked to the fact that they all miraculously survived?
Why did the incident happen in first place?
Did someone like Shougo was on the loose and caused the plane crash?
Why did Akane see Kougami in Togane?
How did he get hold of the organs.... Oh shit. He recreated his classmates from his believers (?) o.o 0.0 O.O O_O
IS KOUGAMI COMING BACK GODDAMNIT?!
Is this is it? Just one huge, long winded case of around 200 kids growing up into Sybil's haters and set out to cause one huge tantrum? Personally I liked the first season better than this. Lots of unresolved questions, with probably very disappointing answers and abrupt anticlimax.
Here goes my favourite this season down the drain ._.

Nov 21, 2014 1:24 PM

It was mentioned in this thread, that Togane got his super high psycho pass at the age of 10. But I think that they also mentioned that he is a psychologist. How could he get education, if he was marked as latent criminal so early in his life? In season 1 Kagari said that for a child with high crime coefficient life is closed. I mean, such children would be isolated. I can't imagine them having the same possibilites for education as normal children. Even if they can get educated, they won't be well-adjusted. And it would be impossible for him to work with people as a psychologist.

And Tougane doesn't look 41. I don't mean that 41 is old, and I understand that anime characters do not show aging well, but he doesn't look or sound this age at all.

Seems, that many things about him are fabricated.

Nov 21, 2014 1:38 PM

SekaiDono said:
Alright, this is now starting to make sense (not really, we are talking about psycho pass here, folks) and not at the same time. So, so many questions.
Why are those kids from the incident 15 years ago are holding grudge against the society?
How did he get hold of the organs.... Oh shit. He recreated his classmates from his believers (?) o.o 0.0 O.O O_O
Is this is it? Just one huge, long winded case of around 200 kids growing up into Sybil's haters and set out to cause one huge tantrum? Personally I liked the first season better than this. Lots of unresolved questions, with probably very disappointing answers and abrupt anticlimax.

Um.. I think you misunderstood.
They said Kamui was the ONLY survivor. Everyone else apparently died.
And plane crashes happen from time to time? I don't know what doesn't make sense about it. But who knows. Maybe there is more to it.
Makishima could not have done anything when it happened 15 years ago.
And I guess that doctor (who was introduced this episode) helped Kamui a lot.

Nov 21, 2014 2:03 PM
giuli94 said:
SekaiDono said:

Um.. I think you misunderstood.
They said Kamui was the ONLY survivor. Everyone else apparently died.
And plane crashes happen from time to time? I don't know what doesn't make sense about it. But who knows. Maybe there is more to it.
Makishima could not have done anything when it happened 15 years ago.
And I guess that doctor (who was introduced this episode) helped Kamui a lot.

Um, I think you are the one who misunderstood here. Kamui recreated his classmates by using his followers and modifying their bodies, this plane crash has much more to it than just being a plane crash that 'happens from time to time', Makeshima was only mentioned due to being criminally asymptomatic and he wasn't the only one, very doubtful that the doctor was the only one who helped him to this extent. Sorry if it was too hard to understand first time round for you.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »